If Adam and Eve were white, where do blacks, hispanics, Asians, etc come from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
this proves that religion is man made fiction

finti
who said they were white

xmarksthespot
Adam and Eve producing all of Caucasian humanity in itself would be enough to make the story questionable let alone producing the diversity of modern humanity - considering the eventuality of consanguineous pairings causing loss of genetic variation and diseases due to homozygosity by descent.
In other words: Inbreeding is bad.

debbiejo
Being that this story is Middle Eastern, they could not of been white...Though I wonder if depending on where a person lives and for how many generations would that effect a change in melanin in a persons skin...making one lighter or darker depending on how much is needed for protection from the sun....Always wondered that...But that would have to be a very slow change...Nah...I think it's probably more genetic..

masterbruce
um aren't they usually portrayed as being caucasion (which is not only the skin color but also the features)

you could say that a person being exposed to the sun for long term will have darker skin, but a white person who has black skin is still different from a black person in terms of features

masterbruce
Originally posted by finti
who said they were white

I just assumed they were white from pictures and stuff

but let's say they weren't, what were they then?

in order to have asian descendants, the parents must be asian

in order to have black descendants, the parents must be black

in order to have white descendants, the parents must be white

finti
pictures of them are made by artist who used their surroundings as example of hwo to portray them, since most of these artist were European well then the answer give themselves

debbiejo
My dad would say..."if Jesus is black, I'm gonna kill myself"... laughing out loud

masterbruce
well my point is that because Christianity is a religion created by Europeans, that is why Adma and Eve were portrayed as Europeans

Christianity is not some universal religion, it was spread to other continents by its creators, the europeans

if the artist had been japanese christian, he still would've drew adam and eve as Europeans because that's what they were, its not as if he would've portrayed them as japanese

Christianity spread because of Europe's growing dominance at that point in history

if the Aztecs were the most powerful race, then today we would be worshipping native americans as the children of god

xmarksthespot
I thought most of us had already come to the consensus that Jesus is yellow.... and brown... covered in short fur... with big floppy ears.

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I thought most of us had already come to the consensus that Jesus is yellow.... and brown... covered in short fur... with big floppy ears.

OH SPOT!!!!!!!

May Spot be with us today....

finti
christianity was not created by Europeans it was created by the followers of Jesus who were Israelites, later on it was to be a religion controlled by European "super" powers

xmarksthespot
Spot's always with us - except when we're doing things that young puppies shouldn't be watching...

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
christianity was not created by Europeans it was created by the followers of Jesus who were Israelites, later on it was to be a religion controlled by European "super" powers

Yeah, they stole the Jewish religion and ousted them...Made it universal for control.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by masterbruce
well my point is that because Christianity is a religion created by Europeans, that is why Adma and Eve were portrayed as Europeans

It was created by Europiens if by your geography Israel and Nazareth are in Europe.

Europiens were mostly Pagan - Christianity was imported to Europe. The ideas of ''there is only one god'' came from Middle East and Asia.

Shakyamunison
Adam and Eve where not white, they are just a story that tells of the time when we, the human race, changed from hunter-gatherers to agriculture.

Legend Of Chibi

Really, you jump to conclusions and facts before you even know the answer.

1. Nobody knows the colour of Adam and Eve

2. People change colour depending on where they live, it just so happens that humans are more like chameleons than apes roll eyes (sarcastic) And don't forget we have 70% of Banana DNA in us roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi

1. Nobody knows the colour of Adam and EveNow that's not true... god does...
The boy who claims "humans are made of soil" is an established fact really isn't one to judge others on jumping to conclusions.
2. People change colour depending on where they live, it just so happens that humans are more like chameleons than apes roll eyes (sarcastic) And don't forget we have 70% of Banana DNA in us roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm assuming you mean that when two people go to sunny climates they tan. And that when they have children the children will be darker because the parents became darker in the sunny climate. In which case that's Lamarckism. In which case you're incorrect.

Shakyamunison

1. Nobody knows the colour of Adam and Eve

2. People change colour depending on where they live, it just so happens that humans are more like chameleons than apes roll eyes (sarcastic) And don't forget we have 70% of Banana DNA in us roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry, but that is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. laughing
You logic is childish.

Banana DNA? Your too young to be smoking weed, but you must be as high as a kite.

My skin and hair are red, if I go to a tropical location, I burn. I do not tan, and I do not change color.

Echuu
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You logic is childish.

Banana DNA? Your too young to be smoking weed, but you must be as high as a kite.

*COUGH*sarcasm*COUGH* smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Echuu
*COUGH*sarcasm*COUGH* smile

I don't think he was being sarcastic. chibi has said this kind of thing before and believed it. This was not out of character of him.

finti
come to my place winter time you freeze your ass off so bad you turn blue and would be a change of color from your red?? skin

xmarksthespot
And then you'll have blue kids.

finti
smurfs?

goth-taku
I'm not gonna read all reply's to this topic, but Ill say I assume that if the story wer true nd these ppl wer white or something, than its an issue of evolution nd such. Its like how everything else on this rock came to be different you know? The environment changed the genetic crap nd mad ppl dif collers. that, or wer in one big multi flavored ice cream tub nd I'm in the vanilla half :P

xmarksthespot
What flavour are smurfs?

goth-taku
Its like that mystery flavor that's blue but tastes like strawberry nd cream. Very refreshing, nd turns yer tong blue, WHAT FUN! ^^

xmarksthespot
Mmmmm... Smurfs.

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing

I'm getting hungry...........

xmarksthespot
Hungry for smurfs?

debbiejo
Why, you got some????????

xmarksthespot
Only Papa Smurf and Smurfette. But they're the rarest and tastiest.

finti
As long as they dont sing

xmarksthespot
http://northernelectric.ca/medieval/hats/hatpix/papa_smurf.jpg
The leader of the world's smallest Communist republic.

debbiejo
.....yeah....smurfs.....'I don't know if I'd eat that though....NO

xmarksthespot
Smurfs or beets? laughing out loud

debbiejo
Either.....It's scary just looking at that!!!!!!!...

Imperial_Samura
God I love Smurfs... boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in stew. Grumpy Smurfs are a bit bitter though. And your so right about them being a Communist Republic. If only people could be more like Smurfs... politically that is, not taste wise...

As to colour, popular thinking is that if the Garden of Eden existed (or had a real life version) that it would have been in the middle East, in the Fertile Crescent to be more exact. If that were the case then Adam and Eve would have been of Middle Eastern descent (like Jesus, also considering that the old Testament is derived from Jewish texts it seems likely they would have looked Jewish) but much like Jesus the image has changed to look more Western.

This also reminds me of an Asian creation myth, something about how the creator of humanity made us out of doe and cooked us in an oven - black people were in to long and were burnt and tough, white people weren't in long enough and are pale and soft while the Asian people were in for just the right amount of time and are thusly golden and perfectly cooked.

goth-taku
In painting, one of the base coats to flesh tone is green. So I guess the secret is out. THAY WER GREEN! end of debate. ^^

Imperial_Samura
That will cause controversy, but as we all know, it's not easy being green.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
God I love Smurfs... boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in stew. Grumpy Smurfs are a bit bitter though. And your so right about them being a Communist Republic. If only people could be more like Smurfs... politically that is, not taste wise...

laughing out loud

FeceMan
You DAMN stupid.

gp christ loves
american society and european society have portraid them as white but they where most likely dark in skin tone but even if they where white the story of the tower of bable has god change everyone so that could also explane it but in the end it really doesn't matter if we where white black green or even purple who really cares

Legend Of Chibi
You logic is childish.

My skin and hair are red, if I go to a tropical location, I burn. I do not tan, and I do not change color.

I was being sarcastic about the banana bit.... But why doubt it when something else that looks much different to us has DNA so like ours(Apes)?

The difference between burning and evolution in this subject? All you are doing is pointing out a mistake which actually proves my point anyway, so why point out the mistake?

Why is there different colours? Burning, new idea, thanks 4 the inspiration. So what was the original colour of man then?

Plus, i wonder why we burn, i am amazed we ain't evolved into it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
I was being sarcastic about the banana bit.... But why doubt it when something else that looks much different to us has DNA so like ours(Apes)?...

We are Apes; we are Hominids a subclass of Apes. Look it up! big grin

Legend Of Chibi
We are Apes; we are Hominids a subclass of Apes. Look it up! big grin

i thought there was no species? I thought a fish could evolve into a hominid and we are all the same but look different?

Shakyamunison
i thought there was no species? I thought a fish could evolve into a hominid and we are all the same but look different?

The way you are thinking, will not work.

Legend Of Chibi
The way you are thinking, will not work.

Ok, so why are we a 'subclass' of apes? Proof cannot prove itself.

We could be a 'sub-class' of banana for all we know.

Shakyamunison
Ok, so why are we a 'subclass' of apes? Proof cannot prove itself.

We could be a 'sub-class' of banana for all we know.

You know nothing about this subject, and it's off topic.

We humans made up all of these names, the meaning you put to them is without understanding.

whobdamandog
All this talk about Adam and Eve being of a certain race is silly, particularly since the concept known as "race" didn't exist upon their initiial creation. No one knows exactly where the Garden of Eden was..and anyone who gives you a guesstimate or exact spot doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

So what did Adam and Eve look like? Well judging on how the bible describes them, probably dark skinned..more than likely a medium-reddish brown complexion, since they were created from the dirt...feature wise..I'd probably say that they had a combination of all the best physical characteristics of humanity..since God did create them to be "perfect" after all...

I imagine they probably had full lips like most africans...
Probably a slender nose like Europeans...
Small eyes like asians....
Wavy or curly hair...(Jesus himself is described to have hair like white wool)

Just to name a few characteristics.

Inspectah Deck
I just assumed they were white from pictures and stuff

but let's say they weren't, what were they then?

in order to have asian descendants, the parents must be asian

in order to have black descendants, the parents must be black

in order to have white descendants, the parents must be white

The painters did it wrong

yerssot
that reminds me of Robin Hood: Prince of Thiefs:
"Did God paint you?"

Originally posted by whobdamandog
since God did create them to be "perfect" after all...

well, he clearly failed miserbly

FeceMan
Originally posted by yerssot
that reminds me of Robin Hood: Prince of Thiefs:
"Did God paint you?"

well, he clearly failed miserbly
Nah, they were the ones who screwed up.
I was being sarcastic about the banana bit.... But why doubt it when something else that looks much different to us has DNA so like ours(Apes)?

The difference between burning and evolution in this subject? All you are doing is pointing out a mistake which actually proves my point anyway, so why point out the mistake?

Why is there different colours? Burning, new idea, thanks 4 the inspiration. So what was the original colour of man then?

Plus, i wonder why we burn, i am amazed we ain't evolved into it... roll eyes (sarcastic)
STOP SUPPORTING LAMARCK, RETARD!

debbiejo
laughing out loud ^^

EsteemedLeader
Technically, if you think about it, there was inbreeding before Cain and Abel would have supposedly 'boned' their sisters. I mean, if Eve was made from Adam's rib, wouldn't she have the same genetic material? Isn't that inbreeding?

darth_royke
the first humans were from where south africa is now, and its from here they spread out. probably climate change was a factor in skin colours, there was a programme about it on bbc1 a couple of years ago.

ig god created adam and eve to be perfect like everything else in this world.... then why create plants where drugs are manufactered from? surely the almighty has the power to get rid of alcohol, cannibis etc?

MistressofSnape
The Bible were created by white men who wanted to suppress what they thought were inferior people. Women, Blacks, all people of color. The bible has no factual proof and should not be taken liturely(sp?). It only has metaphic content. The first person was a woman not a man and she was African. This is fact and disaproves anything the bible says. The whole concept of Adam and Eve is ridiculus.

soleran30
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
The Bible were created by white men who wanted to suppress what they thought were inferior people. Women, Blacks, all people of color. The bible has no factual proof and should not be taken liturely(sp?). It only has metaphic content. The first person was a woman not a man and she was African. This is fact and disaproves anything the bible says. The whole concept of Adam and Eve is ridiculus.

So far from what we have dug up the first person was a woman but who knows what will turn up nextsmile

debbiejo
Dare I say there is an older teaching???...One that started in Lamuria and then they spread to Atlantis...and Atlantis is was where religion started...Lamuria was like a garden of eden...

xmarksthespot
Mmmm... Lamuria. Sounds like a type of pie.

crimsonphoenix
We all know where The Garden of Eden is at..........
Antartica of course. The Land of the Slushees. Slushees everyday for them. The Smurfs visited them of course. Adam and Eve made the best beer slushees. But when Smurfette gets drunk , she calls the Care Bears.And that a whole different story...... lol

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Mmmm... Lamuria. Sounds like a type of pie.

Everything sounds yummy to you..... laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Only when I'm hungry.......

but all I have left in my cupboard is Soylent Green and Beets. eek!

What I wouldn't give for a Lamuria pie right now...

mysparrow
k lets throw something else into the works , the bible says, that when cain killed abel, he was cast out of the garden, by God . Now cain and God had this convo , and cain told God hey i cant deal with it , cause anyone that finds me will kill me , so God put a mark on him so anyone that found him wouldnt kill him. now what the spin is , if Adam and Eve were the first and only two created , who was it that God sent cain out to live with , cause he said his own kind . now the kind that abel was , was fleshly, full of sin , cause he chose to kill his brother . so it is entirely possible that Adam and Eve werent the only ones God created , just that they were the only ones created and placed in the Garden of Eden , which was Gods paradise here one earth .

debbiejo
Originally posted by mysparrow
k lets throw something else into the works , the bible says, that when cain killed abel, he was cast out of the garden, by God . Now cain and God had this convo , and cain told God hey i cant deal with it , cause anyone that finds me will kill me , so God put a mark on him so anyone that found him wouldnt kill him. now what the spin is , if Adam and Eve were the first and only two created , who was it that God sent cain out to live with , cause he said his own kind . now the kind that abel was , was fleshly, full of sin , cause he chose to kill his brother . so it is entirely possible that Adam and Eve werent the only ones God created , just that they were the only ones created and placed in the Garden of Eden , which was Gods paradise here one earth .

I honestly don't take the Bible literally, though there are some good lessons and some history in there...I have read what you are talking about, and would assume that there were others somewhere also...

The Bible also uses the word God "Replenished" the earth....Now that's one that would need some explaining...Because to replenish would mean to fill up again, as though there was something on earth before...In Genesis..

No one seems to want to take on the question of Replenished.

Gen 1:28

whobdamandog

I can partially answer your inquiry. Read the "Book of Adam and Eve" which was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls a while back. (The book of Enoch and a few others were also found in the scrolls.

It gives the story of what happened after Adam and Eve's banishment from the Garden, and an in depth description of the Story of Cain/Abel. At one point taught along with the original installments of the Old Testament, however, it was inadvertently removed at some point..I believe due to many who questioned the validity of its content at the time.

Go to google and type in the Book of Adam and Eve. Many sites have the entire translated book available to read. It's interesting stuff, I do believe it answers the questions behind many of the questions that are posed by those who read Genesis.

JediMasterLuke5
I totally agree. Also didnt they have 2 sons and no daughters well that proves that its fake becuz if they only had 2 sons they couldnt reproduce and make children.

Comic Book
Originally posted by debbiejo
Being that this story is Middle Eastern, they could not of been white...Though I wonder if depending on where a person lives and for how many generations would that effect a change in melanin in a persons skin...making one lighter or darker depending on how much is needed for protection from the sun....Always wondered that...But that would have to be a very slow change...Nah...I think it's probably more genetic..

Yes...look at animals some are this color and shape and some are not but they did research and found they are the same type of..bird for example but migrated here and some stayed there and lived there for how long and it affected on how they look. Adaptation.

mysparrow
Jedi , do you even read the other posts or are you just bent on venting , about how fake it all is ?

elroar
Adam and Eve had all the genetic code within them to produce all the different races. Acts 17:26 says that the whole human race is considered to have come from one. big grin

finti
yeah an incestuous kind we are, yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic)

zero05
Maybe there was an Adam and Eve for each race

If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?Why didn't they all evolve?

Maybe Satan created us for his own sick pleasure

debbiejo
Originally posted by zero05

Well that's a new one.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by zero05
Maybe there was an Adam and Eve for each race

If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?Why didn't they all evolve?

We did not evolve from apes! We are apes! What you mean is; why are there is Chimpanzees? The answer is, Chimpanzees are modern animals just like us. We (humans and Chimpanzees) were both part of the same species, 5 million years ago. That animal does not live any more. Both humans and Chimpanzees have evolved away from each other and that is why we are both here today.

Atlantis001

markie
this proves that religion is man made fiction They were white but when the people built the tower of babel god got mad and confused their languages so they started moving around because tthey couldn't understand each other so they moved to differant countries and the ones that went to africa got real dark sun tans and the heat burned their lips and made them puff up. The ones that went to hispanic countries got sun tanned too but didn't get as dark.

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

markie
I honestly don't take the Bible literally, though there are some good lessons and some history in there...I have read what you are talking about, and would assume that there were others somewhere also...

The Bible also uses the word God "Replenished" the earth....Now that's one that would need some explaining...Because to replenish would mean to fill up again, as though there was something on earth before...In Genesis..

No one seems to want to take on the question of Replenished.

Gen 1:28 There has to be a period of time between verse 1-2 of genisis in which others were created and maybe destroyed. If god is perfect why wouldd he create the world like it is. Something must have happened to make it formless and void.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by markie
They were white but when the people built the tower of babel god got mad and confused their languages so they started moving around because tthey couldn't understand each other so they moved to differant countries and the ones that went to africa got real dark sun tans and the heat burned their lips and made them puff up. The ones that went to hispanic countries got sun tanned too but didn't get as dark.

The bible is not a book of facts, it's a book of trues. That never happened like that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
There has to be a period of time between verse 1-2 of genisis in which others were created and maybe destroyed. If god is perfect why wouldd he create the world like it is. Something must have happened to make it formless and void. Yes, it raises questions with that word replentish.....

markie
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
I totally agree. Also didnt they have 2 sons and no daughters well that proves that its fake becuz if they only had 2 sons they couldnt reproduce and make children. 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
That still leaves cain though so there had to be aa woman for cain to marry.

markie
Well that's a new one. Satan created us so we could put the apes in the zoo and experiment with them because he hates Tarzan.

markie
The bible is not a book of facts, it's a book of trues. That never happened like that. roll eyes (sarcastic) I know, it was a joke. I have thought about it before and that was the best I could come up with.

markie
Cain had to marry either his sister or his neice but I don't think the bible says when he got married and adam did have other sons and daughters after having seth. We don't know how many he had but some of them had to migrate to Nod where cain went after he killed able. http://www.reasons.org/resources/apologetics/cainswife.shtml?main

Atlantis001
They came from spontaneus generation yes

Shakyamunison
I know, it was a joke. I have thought about it before and that was the best I could come up with.

No problem, I was just jabbing at you. Just keeping you awake. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
They came from spontaneus generation yes laughing out loud OH.....

Aravis3
It's not really clear, but what was stopping Adam and Eve from being Asian? Hispanic? African American? God designed the different colors and nationalites of Adam and Eve's descendants. The skin coloring, or pigments must have been changed by God throughout the years after He created Adam and Eve, and Cain and Abel. I guess we'll really never know. We can only speculate.

debbiejo
I believe the story is more symbolic then literal.

Aravis3
Symbolic? I don't think so. The Bible has proved scientists and evolution wrong time and time again. Adam and Eve DID really exist. Go look it up.

fini
OH WOW, another naive simpleton that believes that mankind came from 2 people.

No religious book should be taken as fact. It was written by man and thus going from one version to another, it loses its accuracy.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Aravis3
Symbolic? I don't think so. The Bible has proved scientists and evolution wrong time and time again. Adam and Eve DID really exist. Go look it up. Sure, it can be symbolic...let's say that they were part of a bigger and more invisible being and decided to experience what being in a solid state would mean and be, and taking the fruit of knowledge or good and evil, they were tasting what being human was like. It brought hardships and they could never return to once they came from, a bodiless soul...."Because they ate of the fruit they would surely die."....Symbolic...

You can always post a link about them really existing.

Aravis3
Originally posted by fini
OH WOW, another naive simpleton that believes that mankind came from 2 people.

No religious book should be taken as fact. It was written by man and thus going from one version to another, it loses its accuracy.

Yes, it's true that the Bible was written by man. But wasn't the Koran written by a man or men? What about every other holy book? God spoke to the men who wrote the Bible, and they put His words onto paper. Simple as that.

Aravis3
Sure, it can be symbolic...let's say that they were part of a bigger and more invisible being and decided to experience what being in a solid state would mean and be, and taking the fruit of knowledge or good and evil, they were tasting what being human was like. It brought hardships and they could never return to once they came from, a bodiless soul...."Because they ate of the fruit they would surely die."....Symbolic...

You can always post a link about them really existing.

Oh, brother. You've got to be kidding, right? They didn't die because they ate the fruit; they were told by God to leave the tree alone, and they disobeyed. They were cast out of Paradise (Eden), and therefore, sin entered the world. Oh, and about the post that said that two people couldn't produce the rest of the world, what about men who have several wives and may have up to a hundred children? Adam only had one wife, Eve, and God blessed their children with children, and so on. That's how the population of the world got started.

debbiejo
I showed you how it could be taken as symbolic, there are many stories that also be taken that way...The you've taken it is literal...The whole world being populated by 2 people is kinda incestuous don't you think?

GhostDance

On a similar note...When god flooded the earth, noah and his family were the only survivors. Then this family pulled off another biblical sytle incest fest with offspring begotting themselves all over the place. Then the Egyptians appeared. Out of nowhere. They weren't begot. They just appeared.

SO WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?!?

I know the obvious answer is Eygpt, I'm looking for a response to the bible version.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GhostDance
On a similar note...When god flooded the earth, noah and his family were the only survivors. Then this family pulled off another biblical sytle incest fest with offspring begotting themselves all over the place. Then the Egyptians appeared. Out of nowhere. They weren't begot. They just appeared.

I know the obvious answer is Eygpt, I'm looking for a response to the bible version.

You will not get anywhere. Many Christians have blind faith. It is like asking a blind man, what is the color of the sky. big grin

GhostDance
Pah Blind faith. Sounds dangerous to me.

debbiejo
People should never have blind faith. Unfortunately that is what we are taught to have. It's very dangerous. Blind faith instead of seeking knowledge...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by GhostDance

I came to really hate the word begot during my scripture years. I think I developed a nervous tick, every time the scripture teacher said the word "begot" I had the strongest urge to scream "JESUS CHRIST, stop it you badly dressed sadist, or you'll wish you were never begotted." This was a big deal for me, because I'm such a peaceful person, and I was only ten. It was just that word.... grrrrr.

That, and I resented the fact we had to sit on the floor, in our uniforms (which were too nice for floor sitting), for TWO HOURS every Tuesday, despite the fact that there were hundreds of chairs piled up along the back of the hall, just gloating that we were sitting there while they were doing nothing, our legs asleep, in agony while some strange man kept droning on and on and on about how someone begot someone, and how the apple probably wasn't an apple, but a peach, though it's ok to call it an apple, God doesn't mind, unless, hahaha, we ate the apple that wasn't an apple, because that's what happened to Adam and Eve and why they had to beget..... Gahhhhh!

But yes, I always wondered, how so many people begotted, and where they were begotting from, only two people to begin with, then only Noah and family. Sure, it's possible God cheated and just slipped a few more people down here and there, but then the question is why? Were they needed? Especially if they were going to do bad things like enslaving the chosen people. And why if that occurred did he decide to change colour so often? Did he run out of whatever colour the original people were? Did he say, "a change is as good as a holiday?"

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
I think many of the stories are meant as more metaphors....Stories like Adam and Eve and the tree of knowledge and the tree of life for one.

Shakyamunison
I think many of the stories are meant as more metaphors....Stories like Adam and Eve and the tree of knowledge and the tree of life for one.

No, that one really happened. laughing

debbiejo
^ could you just imagine such a tree?...Really now, how could it be literal?.............Especially when you look into other myths and see such similar stories of it. wink

Uberking Robert
WE'RE ALL DESCENDED FROM MONKEYS. That's where we all come from.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Uberking Robert

No.

Monkeys are modern animals. That is like saying that your brother is your father.

Both monkeys and hominids (humans) evolved from a common ancestor that was neither human nor monkey.

InvisibleAngell
God placed a curse upon mankind when adam and eve ate from the forbidden tree,so then came different colored people,then Lord Jesus died to wash away all of our sins,so now we still have blacks and asians and such,but it doesn't mean we are cursed,not if we believe in jesus

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by InvisibleAngell
God placed a curse upon mankind when adam and eve ate from the forbidden tree,so then came different colored people,then Lord Jesus died to wash away all of our sins,so now we still have blacks and asians and such,but it doesn't mean we are cursed,not if we believe in jesus

If God created different races as a curse for original sin, and if the death of Jesus absolved this curse, then why are there still different races; should they not have gone away?

InvisibleAngell
Actually,I am not sure I believe it myself,it's what my dad says it says in the bible but I have not found it

Imperial_Samura
No.

Monkeys are modern animals. That is like saying that your brother is your father.

Both monkeys and hominids (humans) evolved from a common ancestor that was neither human nor monkey.

True. One popular way of thinking is that every single living organism today came from a single, common ancestor. A single form of life that diverged enormously over thousands of years, changing into all that lives today.

I always found this very exciting, and wondered what it would look like, some form of sludge? Minute bacteria? A Cthulhu like mound of writhing tentacles, pulsating veins oozing obscenely, undulating and changing, evolving on the sea bed? Terribly exciting stuff.

And at some point on this family tree we diverged again, hominids, monkeys. Different forms of hominids, different forms of monkeys on and on and on till Homo Sapian turned up. Monkeys then are a very distant cousin, other forms of hominid that didn't make it are somewhat closer. It's just convenient to say monkeys for some people, even though it's not really true.

Shakyamunison
True. One popular way of thinking is that every single living organism today came from a single, common ancestor. A single form of life that diverged enormously over thousands of years, changing into all that lives today.

I always found this very exciting, and wondered what it would look like, some form of sludge? Minute bacteria? A Cthulhu like mound of writhing tentacles, pulsating veins oozing obscenely, undulating and changing, evolving on the sea bed? Terribly exciting stuff.

And at some point on this family tree we diverged again, hominids, monkeys. Different forms of hominids, different forms of monkeys on and on and on till Homo Sapian turned up. Monkeys then are a very distant cousin, other forms of hominid that didn't make it are somewhat closer. It's just convenient to say monkeys for some people, even though it's not really true.

Do you know how hard that is to get some people to understand?

Imperial_Samura
Do you know how hard that is to get some people to understand?

Sadly yes, still, one can but hope that understanding is a universal thing possible for one and all.

Shakyamunison
Sadly yes, still, one can but hope that understanding is a universal thing possible for one and all.

Everyone shares the enlightenment of the universe; however, some of us are asleep. So, anyone can awaken, it is staying awake that is so hard.

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Uberking Robert

omg ... ur raving ... where did the MONKEYS come from? answer that one for me ... HAHA got u there.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lothlorien.elf
omg ... ur raving ... where did the MONKEYS come from? answer that one for me ... HAHA got u there.

They evolved from other beings

Shakyamunison

From... from other monkeys. laughing If monkeys could read this they would get really mad. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HUMONS EVOLVED FROM US?" laughing

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Bardock42
They evolved from other beings

now where did these BEINGS come from... smile

debbiejo
Other dimensions???....I remember reading something like that before.. reading

Cyber Ninja
Other dimensions???....I remember reading something like that before.. reading lies shock

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
lies shock

Lies stick out tongue

debbiejo
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
lies shock laughing out loud Could be...could be..

Blue nocturne

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
That's yet to be proven the bible to me is the interaction of a being "Jehovah" with israelites IMO there are some facts to it like the great flood but many cultures has a flood myth's if it has fact's take I would lightly,Though I belive Gods exsist I doubt "Jehovah" is the true one though that's just my opiion and the gnostics christians.

Any fact that the bible my have in unimportant. The Bible was not written as a history book and therefore, when viewed as history book, it is misunderstood.

lothlorien.elf
Other dimensions???....I remember reading something like that before.. reading

now where did those DIMENSIONS come from big grin

Shakyamunison
now where did those DIMENSIONS come from big grin

This is a theme with you... were did you come from? laughing

lothlorien.elf
This is a theme with you... were did you come from? laughing

where did I come from? smile

Shakyamunison
where did I come from? smile

God.

But you cannot leave God, because you are part of God. God is not outside of us.

Great Vengeance
God.

But you cannot leave God, because you are part of God. God is not outside of us.

What if you try to yank him out...REALLY hard?!?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
What if you try to yank him out...REALLY hard?!?

laughing Because God in not outside of us, does not mean, God in inside us.

You would have to read "Flatland" by Edwin A. Addott to understand what I am getting at.

Mr Brightside

1. Who said they were white anyway except the racist people of the past?

2. This is only adaptation to environment, and it happens all the time. Or it could be micro-evolution.

debbiejo
now where did those DIMENSIONS come from big grin They just alway were...Outside of time.
This is a theme with you... were did you come from? laughing I've always been since I'm made up of energy....And you?
where did I come from? smile You came from where I came from. Don't you remember?? wink
God.

But you cannot leave God, because you are part of God. God is not outside of us. Yes, we are all part of "The Source."

Mr Brightside
They just alway were...Outside of time.
That's kind of like god himself big grin

Mindship
The topic of this thread reminds me of a racist joke I heard as a kid and shall not repeat. This aside, don't take Adam and Eve so literally.

Eternal Turmoil
Yet if God was black and Adam and Eve were white, where did they come from? confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eternal Turmoil
Yet if God was black and Adam and Eve were white, where did they come from? confused

They didn't come from.

Eternal Turmoil
confused

Mindship
Adam and Eve were self-cloning, chameleonic omnihumans, capable, in and of themselves, of giving rise to every single type of human being that has ever lived.

Mystery solved.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Adam and Eve were self-cloning, chameleonic omnihumans, capable, in and of themselves, of giving rise to every single type of human being that has ever lived.

Mystery solved.

They were stand-ins for the human race. Kind of like Dick and Jane.
So were did Dick and Jane come from? They didn't, they are just made up.

debbiejo
They were stand-ins for the human race. Kind of like Dick and Jane.
So were did Dick and Jane come from? They didn't, they are just made up. I believe it's more metaphorical. It has to be. And it makes since too. If you look at it this way: It's the story of the essence or spirit part of us that came into human/solid form. Biting from the tree of knowledge of good and evil was biting into human form and no longer having access to the tree of life, which would be spirit/energy form. Exchanging one for the other with all it's hardships.

Blue nocturne
Adams been scientifically proven to be black...

Shakyamunison

I saw a program about that.

KharmaDog

I would love to see the scientific evidence that not only provess that Adam and Eve were black, but actually PROVES that there was ever an ADAM or EVE.

Somehow, I doubt that it exists.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I would love to see the scientific evidence that not only provess that Adam and Eve were black, but actually PROVES that there was ever an ADAM or EVE.

The program I saw talked about Eve, but it was a genetic Eve and she was black. It wasn't about Adam and Eve; they just used that as a metaphor. Some people take every thing literally.

Blue nocturne
I saw a program about adam...not eve

KharmaDog
I saw a program about adam...not eve

And how did they prove this? I would think that any scientific discovery that actually an unequivocally proved that the bible was true would have made some news report.

Blue nocturne
And how did they prove this? I would think that any scientific discovery that actually an unequivocally proved that the bible was true would have made some news report.

From what I remember, they traced common mutations in the Y chromosome until they found one mutation every man had proving there was an adam but I'm forgotting a couple of details.

Shakyamunison

T.M

research has shown that all males are descended from a common ancestor and all females are also descended from a common ancestor.

The common female ancestor though is thought to have been born 8000 years (ish) after the male ancestor. This blows the Adam and Eve story away because Adam only lived for 930 years (Genesis 5:5)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by T.M
research has shown that all males are descended from a common ancestor and all females are also descended from a common ancestor.

The common female ancestor though is thought to have been born 8000 years (ish) after the male ancestor. This blows the Adam and Eve story away because Adam only lived for 930 years (Genesis 5:5)

Please keep in mind that genetic research only shows the lines that survived. There are unknown numbers of genetic lines that did not survive.

Blue nocturne
Please keep in mind that genetic research only shows the lines that survived. There are unknown numbers of genetic lines that did not survive.

That's the thing according to the research Adam was the first modern man and all the other males were speculated to die.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>