The gauntlets on his gloves in the other movies did nothing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
It's obvious that his gauntlets are to stop knives and everything. But in the old movies they were part of his gloves, so if he tried to catch a knife in them it would do nothing because they would twist with the material. The gauntlets in Batman Begins were brilliant! They would actually stop knives and they were serperate from his costume!

NoFate007
Didn't he use them at one part in Batman '89? The rest I know he didn't, but I think he used it once in that film...might not have, idk...but yeah I agree with you, BB finally got a lot of those things right.

Batman Returns
ummmm, batman deflected a bullet in B89 with his gauntlets? and in the comics, batman never used his gauntlets like he did in BB. it was pure invention for the movie (like rachel dawes was). oh please, dont start a thread that aims to critisize the other movies, i just proved you wrong. someone close this usless thread, its gonna start another flame war.

and i really wasnt diggin the metal curved gauntlets in BB. they were alright, but i like the other ones in the burton films, they made batman look more intimidating. BB ones looked too robotic, as did the rest of the costume, made him look like robo-bat. and i doubt the real batman would use heavy hetal gauntletson his arms in real-life, they'd be damn heavy to lugg around, so you can forget about those cool kung foo moves. oh, i almost forgot, you couldnt see those cool king foo moves in BB, thanks nolan, great job with that fight editing! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Yeah BR ios absolutely right...I want to see Batman really fighting....cause that'S what Batman is like...everyone can see him fighting...stupid Nolan making fights look realistic and not American Kung Fu gay......

Batman Returns
and also, in B89 AND BR, you could see batman fighting which was cool, and you could even make out who he punches! eek! a miracle! and i still hold that fight with that big black guy in the bell tower one of the best bat-fight scenes in those movies today.

and aesthetically, keatons suit still kicks more ass then bales robo, techno look. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Batman Returns
and also, in B89 AND BR, you could see batman fighting which was cool, and you could even make out who he punches! eek! a miracle! and i still hold that fight with that big black guy in the bell tower one of the best bat-fight scenes in those movies today.

and aesthetically, keatons suit still kicks more ass then bales robo, techno look. big grin

I agree with the suit looking better....but the BB one is more realistic....I can actually picture that happening.......both 89 and Begins are good Batman ovies ....but BB is the better film......

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Bardock42
I agree with the suit looking better....but the BB one is more realistic....I can actually picture that happening.......both 89 and Begins are good Batman ovies ....but BB is the better film......

the better FILM, yes......better BAT film, not so. or at least not in MY opinion. in fact, it being the better FILM is mainly just based on opinion as well, i can think B89 and BR are the better films if i think so, its all just opinion. it was good yes but not as good as i was hopeing. thats just the way i see it. i dont really want to get into the reasons WHY i didnt like it, i think ive done that enough already, and im trying not to be rude like parker and the others. B89 is the best bat film in my eyes, but BR is more of an artsy batman film. i wouldnt call it an "elseworld" as some asses do, as that would mean EVERY bat films is an else worlds film, including BB. and i dont like the fact they sacrificed so much coolness for some realstic bull. i hope nolan isnt so "realsitic" in the sequel, cuz batman INT that realistic, so lets have some fun now that the origin is out of the way!

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8106/8fa42496883yi.jpg

hence my initial point about the gauntlet.

Bardock42
With the opinion...I agree..and all I post aboot the film is just my opinion.....and as my opinion I liked BB more for being more realistic and making Batman look really great...a real Superheroe......problem I see though is that there'S no reason to think BB Batman could be the best Detective in the world......one of the best fighters yes...but wwhere did he learn the other stuff?

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Bardock42
With the opinion...I agree..and all I post aboot the film is just my opinion.....and as my opinion I liked BB more for being more realistic and making Batman look really great...a real Superheroe......problem I see though is that there'S no reason to think BB Batman could be the best Detective in the world......one of the best fighters yes...but wwhere did he learn the other stuff?

iuts called "not being that faithful to the comics". but dont worry, every bat-film has its problems. ppl gotta stop acting like BB is this godsend that is perfect, its not. if anything, its as close to being as good as B89. certainly not THE best. but hey, if you like it more, cool. its when ppl start puttin down burton like bakerboy that piss me off. at least there are some normal, mature ppl on here.

BlackC@t
Actually if you look closely you'll notice that there's a piece of something on his gloves which he uses to deflect bullets. It's no the gaunlets. Why would he have to deflect bullets anyway? His suit should be bullet-proof.

And hey! Michael Keaton doesn't have any black make-up around his eyes like he usually does...

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Batman Returns

PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!!!!!!!!!

sevenman
no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.