Smallville: let me get sumpin straight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Okay all you fanboys, answer me this:

In terms of supermans comic continuity, is it tue in the show Smallville that Jor el sent kal el to earth to conquer and rule?

Metropolis being only 60 miles away from smalville making it an inner continental city instead of a coastel one?

And also Lois lane meeting Clark without his glasses?

Is there anything else this show has people in a possible uproar?

I saw an episode of it the other day, and I was like."Whatever happened to the black kid? Where did he go?"

Mindship
I'm not sure how in-synch the tv show is with the comics, and dont get me wrong: I think the show is wonderfully written (when they arent doing meteor-freak-of-the-week), but I agree: sometimes they go in directions that make me think wtf. Eg: as far as I knew before Smallvile, Metropolis was a coastal city (DC stand-in for NYC). And I'm also not too crazy how Clark is meeting so many of the people he will know later in life, now (kinda reminds me of muppet babies in reverse).

Hey, it's tv. 'nuff said.

ka-shem
All this is why I hate the show. That and the fact its just The O.C. meets Charmed.

Sparkz
I'm guessing the Jor-el sending clark to conqure thing is a test to see how "well intentioned" he is. But things like metroplis being so close and meeting Lex etc is all to make the show abit more intresting, afterall most ppl find it borin when they keep bringing in new crappy characters, and the black kid (im guessing you mean Pete) left in season 3.

BB_hawk
Let me put it right Smallville is in Kansas, Metropolis is like New York no where near each other. Jor El did not know were he was sending his son just getting him off the plaint he just wanted his son to live. Lois Lane never did meet him in Smallville. Lex did live in Smallville but not long. The black kid is Pete really supposed to be white don't get me wrong I like black people on TV but it isn't a lot of black people in Kansas that way he was the only one you see. I don't know where he gone to he supposed to get marred to Lana have a kid name Clark become Vice President under Lex become President then a bad guy and try to kill Supermen

Kainreaver
The Black kid left (He was relatively useless), Clark read a transcript in his ship from Jor-El that said something like "...Rule people, they're a weak race" or something like that. Clark suggested that he was misreading it (Which I believe is then case) I think it actually said "Lead people because they're a weak race...etc." Jor-El seems more hard core, the "Tough Love" type (More so than we're use to) But his intentions havent been fully revealed. Only that he wants clark to step up and be a man because "A great Evil from Krypton has awakened, and is set on earths destruction". Brainiac has come to Smallville.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.