sigh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Marvel uk vs MARVEL

what's better marvel uk or marvel america.
who's got better artist
who's got better pencilers
who's got better heores etc

and no i'm not drunk/bored just ill i'm felling sick i've got the flu

HigH ScholaR

willRules
yep it is a better value for your money over here. The disadvantage is the amount of issues we are behind.............

jgiant
USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!

willRules
laughing out loud

manjaro
i didnt even know there was such a thing as marvel uk

HigH ScholaR
Well technically there was it got bought by panini or are they just the distributors hmmmmm anyway during the jla/avengers crossover not sure about you guys but in a letter someone requested a bio on some of the jla members and we did get bios yay.

oh and martian manhunter can lift 80 tons or was it press i'll check
aquaman can lift 50 tons

HigH ScholaR
we get classic issues in colour ha ha
and mini seiries included in Avengers United

and in Mighty world of marvel we get classic hulk and dardevil issues in colour aswell as guest slots modern or old currently it's captain britain next few thinks then it's ghost rider's turn, right now the readers are torn between classic or modern hulk.

Alan moore - need i say more

jgiant
Aquaman? 50 tons?

jgiant
Hey do you guys in the uk have any original heros? Either way usa wins dominates in that department...

HigH ScholaR
yer we did/do

but i believ they vanished during the comic slump or americarised coughexcalibercough

HigH ScholaR
Marvel UK was an imprint of Marvel Comics from the 1970s to the 1990s. The imprint was based in Britain, although many of their comics were produced for the US market.

The imprint is best remembered for creating Captain Britain. Other characters included Death's Head, Motormouth & Killpower and the Knights of Pendragon. In addition, the company published reprints of US Marvel comics. Reprint titles published as anthologies of US stories included Mighty World of Marvel, The Incredible Hulk Presents and Marvel Bumper Comics. They also published reprints of Spider-Man and X-Men comics under a variety of titles. The company also published comics based on licenced characters, most notably Doctor Who Magazine and Transformers, which both featured original material.

In the 1990s Marvel UK made a push to capture a segment of the US comic market. Under editor Paul Neary, the company launched a set of comics set in the Marvel Universe but with more of a focus on Science Fiction and magic rather than Marvel's usual superhero fare. Titles such as Warheads (wormhole hopping mercenaries), Death's Head II (a recreation of Simon Furman's cyborg bounty hunter) and Motormouth & Killpower (streetwise girl and escaped genetically-modified super assassin hop around the universe having adventures) were all linked by plots featuring the organisation Mys-Tech, a shadowy group of Faustians bent on world domination. Some of these titles were also reprinted in a monthly UK anthology Overkill. In the US, these comics were initially immensely successful but after a while too many titles were launched, quality declined and sales dropped. This drop in sales was exacerbated by the 90s comics slump and after only two years Marvel UK ceased its US operations.

Marvel UK is now part of Panini Publishing, which continues to provide reprint titles and DWM.

HigH ScholaR
obvioulsy usa wins in the majority of comics and numbers in heros which is why...........

Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
Marvel uk vs MARVEL

what's better marvel uk or marvel america.
who's got better artist
who's got better pencilers
who's got better heores etc

and no i'm not drunk/bored just ill i'm felling sick i've got the flu

HigH ScholaR
psylocke too

long pig
Exactly how far behind are the UK in new comic titles?

If an issue comes out today here, when will you get it there?

HigH ScholaR
depends on which comic

avengers right now we are issue 67 of american avengers but as we have 3 stories in on comic our version is called avengers united issue 58

mighty world of marvel is basically a cheaper version of marvel masterworks and a guest slot.

x-men
spiderman
wolverien/deadpool comic
ultimate fantastic four
ultimate spiderman

all these i don't know where they are at right now as i don't collect them but i believe our issue 4 of fantastic four named fantastic four adventurs is your issue 56 or 57.

oh and all the comics above accept for the ultimate titles are all well past the issue hundred mark then x it by 3

HigH ScholaR
willrules needs to be here i don't have all the answers

willRules
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
willrules needs to be here i don't have all the answers

This thread deserves a BUMP big grin

I have every single issue of astonishing spidey, around 30 something issues of Essential X-men, the same for Batman legends, Mighty World of Marvel, Avengers United, Wolverine and Deadpool and a few issues of Fantastic Four adventures smile

DigiMark007
Marvel UK had Death's Head. He was cool. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Exactly how far behind are the UK in new comic titles?

If an issue comes out today here, when will you get it there?

Within the week (deliveries come on Thursdays)

Don't let these guys confuse you, all of the regular Marvel, DC and other comic titles only take a day or two longer to come out over here.... these guys just seem to like buying the British reprints which stuff 3 or 4 comics into 1 issue at a reduced price... they'll be worth nothing to collecters in a few years but they're good for kids or new comic readers as they can get 3/4 reprinted issues for slightly more than the price of 1 first edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.