Drizzt vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orestes
He's beaten Blade, despite Blade being superhuman in every physical category and extremely skilled to boot.

He's beaten Thing, despite Thing being Class 75+ and having exceptional hand-to-hand combat skill himself.

Now ... now is the time for the battle that wll rend the heavens asunder! Can Drizzt defeat Batman, the invincible destroyer of both Galactus and Thanos?

Let's get it on. wink

wolverine8888
batman ahs never beaten the thing wtf are u talken about

Orestes
Originally posted by wolverine8888
batman ahs never beaten the thing wtf are u talken about

This is the most awesome reply to kick off this post with. Thank you, man. I know it was unintentional, but thank you just the same. stick out tongue

wolverine8888
welcome even thou I don't get it neither drizz or batman have foughten the thing

Wickerman
Originally posted by Orestes
He's beaten Blade, despite Blade being superhuman in every physical category and extremely skilled to boot.

He's beaten Thing, despite Thing being Class 75+ and having exceptional hand-to-hand combat skill himself.

Now ... now is the time for the battle that wll rend the heavens asunder! Can Drizzt defeat Batman, the invincible destroyer of both Galactus and Thanos?

Let's get it on. wink

You mean kinda like how Cap wins against his more powerful opponents? Oh.....wait.....no.....logic....reaching.......you....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually thing is a low level class 100, and doesn't have exceptional hand-to-hand combat skill. Electra, Daredevil, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, etc. all have exceptional hand-to-hand combat skill. Thing has big orange hands laughing out loud

I don't know if Drizzt can beat Batman. First of all, staying in character, Batman first of all wouldn't attack Drizzt. He'd probably try to reason with him first.And Drizzt would reason with him, seeing as how he wouldn't really be used to people talking before fighting.

If they WERE to fight, i wouldn't doubt that Batman would give Drizzt a thorough run-through and would win ...... i'd say 6/10. Why? Because he has intensive training, a LOT of experience fighting more than just vampires roll eyes (sarcastic) and most of all, brains. He also is a LOT more versatile than others, and if they start from a distance and Batman gets to use smoke bombs and such with caution, he could probably get the wins.

I'd say 6/10 because of Drizzt's own skills, accomplishments and speed most of all. Especially if he has the speed bands on his legs like he usually does. In case you forgot, they're supposed to go on his hands, but given his incredible agility and speed, his hands moved so fast with the bands on that he couldn't even control them properly. Therefore, he uses them on his legs for incredible running speed. If he can get the jump on Batman, i have no doubt he wins. Therefore, i say it's 50/50, or MAYBE 6/10 for Batman.

ps: your anti-drizzt campaign is quite pathetic and n00b like. But feel free to keep it up thumb up

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Orestes

Let's get it on. wink Slade owns batman, and there is no prep here, so.... I'd say this is close, unless the D gets up close.

DigiMark007
Gadgets might win the day. Drizzt isn't used to technology, and Bats has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. I honestly think Bats has a better chance of winning than Blade or Thing. Not because Batman is more powerful than those two, but he's better suited to deal with a character like Drizzt. I'll say 5/10 or a draw, simply because I'm not sure, and if I leaned toward Drizzt it might be the fanboy talking.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Gadgets might win the day. Drizzt isn't used to technology, and Bats has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. I honestly think Bats has a better chance of winning than Blade or Thing. Not because Batman is more powerful than those two, but he's better suited to deal with a character like Drizzt.

Exactly my point. thumb up

~wickerman~

Dreampanther
I would have to be convinced that they could be coerced to fight, first. Both of them are hard-core good guys, and it would be TOTALLY out of character for them to fight each other, unless it would be a scenario like where Judge Dredd travelled back in time to slap around Batman a little, to prevent him going to the show where the Puppet Master guy had a bomb that was supposed to kill Batman, according to the headlines printed in the newspaper Dredd had.

And then Dredd made it clear that he wasn't really serious, by taking all his weapons off first. And Batman spent most of the fight trying to figure out what was going on, and then turned around and ran to save the people from the bomb, once he had figured it out.

Therefore, even if there WAS a fight, I would argue that both of them would pull their punches, and then start talking, and then turn around and beat the crap out of the guy who had forced them into the fight.

You hear that knocking on your door, Orestes?

Magic_attack
So instead of making valid points as to why a character can win. Lets make even more threads that no one will support. makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wickerman
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I would have to be convinced that they could be coerced to fight, first. Both of them are hard-core good guys, and it would be TOTALLY out of character for them to fight each other,

Originally posted by Wickerman
First of all, staying in character, Batman first of all wouldn't attack Drizzt. He'd probably try to reason with him first.And Drizzt would reason with him, seeing as how he wouldn't really be used to people talking before fighting.

Great minds think alike stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Originally posted by Magic_attack
So instead of making valid points as to why a character can win. Lets make even more threads that no one will support. makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic)

The thread maker from the drizzt vs. blade one didn't return either.......gee........i wonder why roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
Orestes is entitled to his opinion. While there was obviously some alterior motives to these threads, I think we need to refrain from bashing him, and any others who would disagree with the arguments we've offered. It isn't a problem yet but I didnt' want it to devolve into one, so I'm just posting this now.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Orestes is entitled to his opinion. While there was obviously some alterior motives to these threads, I think we need to refrain from bashing him, and any others who would disagree with the arguments we've offered. It isn't a problem yet but I didnt' want it to devolve into one, so I'm just posting this now.

I'm going to try and not bash, as long as he doesn't use the term fanboys, and brings some real stuff to the table instead of creating threads like this for ulterior motives.

~wickerman~

Dreampanther
Okay, sorry, I'm probably guilty, I tend to tease people to easily.

jplatinum
Are you talkin' about batman or batman almighty?
Cause batman almighty fought the thing in BS comics'
Batman Almighty #120.

Batman Almighty had punched thing in the face and his head shatter, rocks went everywhere.

I think he did it with a Batman front lightening fist punch, what they called it.

Laminator_X
This is too close for me to call without knowing specifics. Are they fighting in Gotham or the Underdark? What sort of starting distance? Does either one have prior knowledge of the other? These guys are both near the top of their games, but they don't quite play the same game. Whichever one can move the battle closer to his own game wins. In a swordfight, Drizzt, clearly; although Batman once fought Ra's al Ghul to a standstill with blades so it wouldn't be completely one-sided.

I could see them staring eachother down for an hour or so before either one makes a move.

(Of course, Benedict would smoke them both evil face )

Orestes
They would in a heartbeat, actually. Batman is a strict "never kill" guy. Drizzt kills at the drop of a hat, and sometimes even when a hat isn't dropped. He's the kind of guy who will even CHASE A FLEEING OPPONENT AND STAB HIM/HER IN THE BACK. If Drizzt came to Gotham and mixed it up with anyone there, Batman would be attempting to capture him in short order. Drizzt actually probably has more in common with the Punisher than with Batman in terms of attitude.

As for the rest, I'm through discussing Drizzt. Read my last comment in the Drizzt vs. Blade post if you want to know why. I am seriously ticked-off right now.

Dreampanther
"Drizzt kills at the drop of a hat, and sometimes even when a hat isn't dropped."

You know so little about Drizzt, it's actually frightening. Do you know how obvious it is that you never even read the first Drizzt book?

That you have the smug arrogance to come here and argue against him impresses me, though, I know I wouldn't have had the balls to come out in public and expose my ignorance like that.

For the last time, stop watching Hollywood movies and read more. You just told us that you work in a bookstore - don't waste this opportunity! I know it will take you a week or two, but force yourself, sit down, and actually read a book from beginning to end.

May I suggest the first Drizzt book? At least then we can have a valid debate? Which is why we are here in the first place?

Orestes
Originally posted by Dreampanther
"Drizzt kills at the drop of a hat, and sometimes even when a hat isn't dropped."

You know so little about Drizzt, it's actually frightening. Do you know how obvious it is that you never even read the first Drizzt book?

That you have the smug arrogance to come here and argue against him impresses me, though, I know I wouldn't have had the balls to come out in public and expose my ignorance like that.

For the last time, stop watching Hollywood movies and read more. You just told us that you work in a bookstore - don't waste this opportunity! I know it will take you a week or two, but force yourself, sit down, and actually read a book from beginning to end.

May I suggest the first Drizzt book? At least then we can have a valid debate? Which is why we are here in the first place?

Have YOU read the books? Did you miss the part with Drizzt chasing down a fleeing drow woman and killing her after they'd already been routed out of Mithril Hall and were running away?

Did you miss the various parts throughout the series where he's slaughtered without hesitation? Did you miss the fact that he originally swore never to kill drow, yet later killed quite a number of them, even when he really didn't have to?

Were you unaware that Batman tolerates exactly ZERO (0) killing?

Are you having difficulty connecting the dots here?

Or are you just being a jerk for the hell of it? wink

But yeah, I read. I'm more into current events these days than fantasy novels, though. Sure, I still read the occasional comic or whatever for fun, but I don't have the time or the inclination to devote to a full-length mind-candy novel anymore.

triolrac
Yeah Sure Batman's in a different situation though.

Why dont you give batman twinkle and icingdeath (drizzt's scimitars), take away his utility belt, drop him at the front lines of the dwarf drow war or orc dwarf war or even in menzobaranzan lets see how long his zero toleration for killing lasts.

srankmissingnin
I don't think Drizzt really has much of a chance of beating Batman. Honestly they are into very different leagues. Drizzt is fine with canon fodder (not any where close to the numbers Batman is though) but what happens when he fights anyone worth talking about? He wins by dumb luck alone. He should thank his lucky stars that he is needed to seel more books or Artemis or Obould would have killed him already.

Swanky-Tuna
It all depends on what Batman's savings throw is.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't think Drizzt really has much of a chance of beating Batman. Honestly they are into very different leagues. Drizzt is fine with canon fodder (not any where close to the numbers Batman is though) but what happens when he fights anyone worth talking about? He wins by dumb luck alone. He should thank his lucky stars that he is needed to seel more books or Artemis or Obould would have killed him already.
if u read the books drizzt has a hell of a chance.
drizzt is biult for agility and speed. elf are naterualy fast and quicker then humans. so he already has over peakhuman agility and reflex u add in the fact that he has bracelets that give him even more speed ur looking at a guy who has easiliy superhuman agility and reflex.
ur also looking at a gy who has soem thing like 60 or 70 years of experience.
a guy who is as strong as he can possably and as durable.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by capt it up
if u read the books drizzt has a hell of a chance.
drizzt is biult for agility and speed. elf are naterualy fast and quicker then humans. so he already has over peakhuman agility and reflex u add in the fact that he has bracelets that give him even more speed ur looking at a guy who has easiliy superhuman agility and reflex.
ur also looking at a gy who has soem thing like 60 or 70 years of experience.
a guy who is as strong as he can possably and as durable.

I have read all of the books involving Drizzt including the short stories in the Best Of... books and he doesn't have a chance in hell agaisnt Batman. I couldn't care less that Drizzt is a drow and Bruce is a human, it means less then nothing, unless Batman was from Faerun . Batman is stronger and faster then Drizzt and ontop of that he has more tricks up his sleave the Jarlaxle.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I have read all of the books involving Drizzt including the short stories in the Best Of... books and he doesn't have a chance in hell agaisnt Batman. I couldn't care less that Drizzt is a drow and Bruce is a human, it means less then nothing, unless Batman was from Faerun . Batman is stronger and faster then Drizzt and ontop of that he has more tricks up his sleave the Jarlaxle.
faster then drizzt? ya right man. dirzzt slabs arrow away easiliy, has dodged wizard lighting and has not only beyond human agility but he has braclets that make him even beyond that.

also do u think batman is more durable and stronger then Bruenor?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by capt it up
faster then drizzt? ya right man. dirzzt slabs arrow away easiliy, has dodged wizard lighting and has not only beyond human agility but he has braclets that make him even beyond that.

also do u think batman is more durable and stronger then Bruenor?

Drizzt slabs arrows...Batman catches them...when they are shot behind him...
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc273&image=929_batgarrow.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc73&image=9e9_batspeedy2.jpg

And the bracelets only increase the speed of his legs, don't they?

And Artemis Entreri was pretty much able to go toe to toe with him prior getting in worse shape, and he's a human...

capt it up
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Drizzt slabs arrows...Batman catches them...when they are shot behind him...
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc273&image=929_batgarrow.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc73&image=9e9_batspeedy2.jpg

And the bracelets only increase the speed of his legs, don't they?

And Artemis Entreri was pretty much able to go toe to toe with him prior getting in worse shape, and he's a human...
no realy he able to fight him true but not keep up with him later on he had no chance of winning.

drizzt has neevr been hit by arrows and has always just easiliy deflecting them away a long with he has dodged lightning.

also drizzt ahd fought haft oger who are easiliy a few tons ins trength and way about 900 pounds. yes there not fast but there swings are and this haft oger he fought had taken magic potions to make him superhumanly fast

DigiMark007
Forget the arrows. Drizzt is still about 80 years old, and is the best warrior from among a race of warriors. He's probably near peak human in speed and agility without the bracers. Add them and he's definitely fater than Batman. His hand-eye coordination and dexterity are at least on par with the Bat, and he has other tricks as well.

Drizzt creates a globe of darkness on top of/within Bats at the bginning of the fight, which follows him around. Even if Bats brings some infrared goggles, they won't work (Drizzt can switch to infrared and he can't see either) since it's magical in its nature. Difference here is, Drizzt can fight in sheer darkness just as well as in the light. Advantage: Dark-Elf.

Add in the speed advantage and some magical, diamond-edged swords (diamond > Bats' armor) and Bats is in trouble.

Does Bats have more tricks than a quadriplegic pony? Yes. Will most of them help? No, especially when he can't see what he's doing. Can Bats still win? Of course. Just not the majority.

-DM

...and I didn't even use Guenwyvar. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.