Yoda and Dooku versus Revan and Kreia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Traya
Who would win?

Deus Ex
Oh, you opened up the bag.

This is gonna be the new battleground for the PT movie faction versus the EU faction.

Darth Faunus
With the sensible ones caught inbetween. . . Well, Janus, let's choose sides.

Darth Traya
I think Revan could best Dooku, but could Kreia beat Yoda?

Fishy
Lets see, great sword fighter and great force user. Against Unknown sword fighter and hella powerful force user.

And good lightsaber fighter and good force user, against somebody who by all logic should be more powerful.

Now really if anybody wants to argue Dooku can beat Revan then thats fine with me, but i'm not going too... Revan by all means and by using if the little we know about him should very well be able to defeat Dooku. In a lightsaber fight or a duel of the force.

Kreia and Yoda, well these two could last for ever. But in all honesty I think Revan could beat Yoda as well, but Revan and Kreia as master and apprentice are probably a good team as well. Better then Yoda and Dooku who broke up as a team when Dooku went dark. So I think Revan and Kreia will win. Evidence?

Not enough to convince anybody, there is never going to be enough. Unless Kotor III comes out...

Deus Ex
Revan is a big unknown. I'd like to think he could beat Dooku considering that he's top dog in his era, but I ain't gonna rely on anything other than my own gut feeling and perception.

That said, I think Kreia can overpower Yoda. She's demonstrated extensive knowledge of the Force and on both sides.

Fishy
Hmm think of it like this. Better then Malak, controlled the Star Forge, defeated two legendarily fighters, one of which probably killed a lot of Jedi and another one that would sure as hell be able to beat a lot of Jedi. Was trained by one hell of a powerful woman. Was seen by the council as their greatest student and their greatest hope for a great future. Was loved by all the Jedi as a charismatic leader but probably also really powerful.

We know he was a legend during his live, we know that thousands went to follow him and many of them turned dark. By all logic we know that a PT Jedi stands no chance against an ancient Jedi because of the way they were trained and the lack of real wars. We know that Revan when he turned Dark lead thousands of Jedi now turned Sith.

We know that they would kill him if they had the chance, we know they didn't. We also know that Malak and Revan were the only once (with the possible exception of Kreia) that could control the Star Forge. Why? Well its a 99% chance that its because they were more powerful.

So we know that Revan was more powerful then even the third most powerful Dark Side force user in that era. We know he controlled thousand of Sith, none of which really stood a chance against him.

I know it doesn't proof anything, and thats why I'm not making this post a lot bigger (and trust me I could). But the things we have is more then enough for me. Applied with some basic logic you could say he would take out Dooku with a 99% chance, of course this can all be defeated by a simple, show more proof... Which you can't because i'll have to start using some strange logic to proof what should be common knowledge, which I really don't like to do.

Admiral Akbar
Yoda and Kriea is going to be a long fight... Yoda may not be the superior with force powers, but he is good. And he sure is better with a lightsaber than kriea, so its a hard fight to determain. The only fight that could make a difference here is dooku vs revan. IMO, dooku is slightly the better swordmaster, but force power wise is not.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Yoda and Kriea is going to be a long fight... Yoda may not be the superior with force powers, but he is good. And he sure is better with a lightsaber than kriea, so its a hard fight to determain. The only fight that could make a difference here is dooku vs revan. IMO, dooku is slightly the better swordmaster, but force power wise is not.

Dooku a better fighter than Revan? Pftt...

Fishy
I hate that remark, I absolutely hate it.. A better swordfighter then Revan? It doesn't make any sense, funny thing is I can't proof it wrong. I hate Revan in versus threads.

Darth Faunus
Like Janus, I have little to go on in terms of absolute proof. But it should be glaringly obvious that the superior duelist is Revan.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Revan is a big unknown. I'd like to think he could beat Dooku considering that he's top dog in his era, but I ain't gonna rely on anything other than my own gut feeling and perception.

That said, I think Kreia can overpower Yoda. She's demonstrated extensive knowledge of the Force and on both sides.

Was he really top dog of his era? The entire bit leaves a lot for interpretation. We know he was superior to Malak, we know that Kreia was biding her time. But then where does Nihilus and Sion come into play? And what's with all of the Sith Lords in a span of ten years or so?

I could just as easily argue that with all of his powers, Nihilus was top dog of the era, he just ran into a bad roadblock. We do know that Revan was very powerful, I would place him way up there, but his position is not as clear cut as someone like a Ragnos, Kun, or Yoda's was.

Deus Ex
Correction then: Revan's title was untouched in personal melee combat. Even the mighty Malak never apparently bested him in personal combat. This is either really friggin' convenient or a testament to his power.

Illustrious
Indeed, Revan was a tremendously powerful saber duelist, but I don't see him as being the unanimous top dog of the era. We'll have to wait for KotOR III to clear some of it up.

Nai Fohl
Kreia and Yoda battle with force powers for an infinite amount of time.
Revan kills Dooku after a nice fight.
Revan and Kreia team up on Yoda.

Revan and Kreia win...

Otherway arround:
Revan and Yoda fight for quite some time.
Kreia obliterates Dooku with force powers.
Kreia and Revan team up on Yoda.

Revan and Kreia win...

Darth_Glentract
I'll give this to Kreia and Revan.

I think Yoda would beat Kreia. Kreia has better force powers, but we've seen how good better force powers worked against Mace when Sidious lost to him. I think Yoda would be able to hold off against her force powers for long enough to move in and defeat her in close combat.

Revan vs. Dooku though would go in Revan's favor, but I can't prove that. If you think about it though, it should be obvious Revan is better.

Revan would defeat Dooku and would less tired than Yoda because I see Yoda vs Kreia a much closer fight than Revan vs. Dooku. So, I'll give the victory to Revan and Kreia with Kreia as a casualty.

D_CP
Yeah that's what I'm saying. You can't actually prove that Revan is better in terms of power/skill on paper, but if you actually think about it you obviously know that he can beat Dooku.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Fishy
I hate that remark, I absolutely hate it.. A better swordfighter then Revan? It doesn't make any sense, funny thing is I can't proof it wrong. I hate Revan in versus threads. laughing big grin

Deus Ex
I know this is gonna sound really, really... noobish but I must ask:

When does KOTOR III come out?

Darth_Glentract
There isn't a specified release date yet, but I heard first quarter 2007.

Admiral Akbar
oo! long ass time..

Deus Ex
Two years?

Gah!

Darth_Glentract
Thats on PC. It is supposed to come out on Xbox 360 q4 2006.

Admiral Akbar
Glen that is not u in the avatar is it?

D_CP
Then we shall see Revan's true power.

Illustrious
What true power? Do you expect him to become some force god or something or other?

Lord Simus
I have a question about RPG video games doesn't 100% completion mean thats everything the character did. While 50% game completion means thats only half of what he did. So am I right or am I wrong?

D_CP
Originally posted by Illustrious
What true power? Do you expect him to become some force god or something or other?

I never said that. Anyway, you never know, he could become a very powerful being. It's not up to me, however.

Deus Ex
Well, Revan wasn't held in higher regard than Freedan Nadd by the Mandalorians, who revere great warriors. They're not the bleedin' experts, but at least we know Revan isn't like Nadd, who was capable of making Onderon his *****.

Admiral Akbar
Ok, I dont understand we concluded a long time ago that MAce could beat Revan and now, Dooku who is better than mace would lose to revan? Makes no sense..

D_CP
Wasn't Freedon Nadd powerful as well? Like top Sith Lords of all time powerful?

Veneficus
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Ok, I dont understand we concluded a long time ago that MAce could beat Revan and now, Dooku who is better than mace would lose to revan? Makes no sense..

We never said that Mace could beat Revan thats rediculus.

Darth_Glentract
He was mistaken. We said(or at least I did) that we couldn't prove Revan would defeat Mace. Logically, Revan would take Mace., but I'd bet Mace could give Revan a good fight.

Illustrious
Originally posted by D_CP
Wasn't Freedon Nadd powerful as well? Like top Sith Lords of all time powerful?

He was clearly powerful, but there were likely a handful stronger still.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
He was mistaken. We said(or at least I did) that we couldn't prove Revan would defeat Mace. Logically, Revan would take Mace., but I'd bet Mace could give Revan a good fight.

This is pretty accurate. We can't build a strong case for Revan in most battles, but from what little we do know there is a good chance Revan would beat Mace.

Lord Simus
Was my post completely ignored?

Darth_Glentract
Or that doesn't really have anything to so with this because there is no percentage meter on KOTOR.

Lord Simus
What I meant was how many missions you complete. Percentages were the first thing that came to mind.

Deus Ex
What would the percentage of game completed mean anything again?

Veneficus
Originally posted by Deus Ex
What would the percentage of game completed mean anything again?

Lord Simus
100% meaning you did everything he did and so on.

Darth Traya
Dudes, Kotor III isn't even scheduled to be developed yet.

Darth_Glentract
Then I don't know why I was told 2007.

Darth Traya
The person who told you was probably a fool.

Deus Ex
Possible.

Did you just call us dudes?

Darth Traya
Meh, dude, guys, idiotic hutt spawn.

Deus Ex
That last one will cost you. En garde!

Darth Traya
Touche!

Deus Ex
Back at ya!

Fishy
Originally posted by Illustrious
Indeed, Revan was a tremendously powerful saber duelist, but I don't see him as being the unanimous top dog of the era. We'll have to wait for KotOR III to clear some of it up.

Well lets look at the facts

Nihilus clearly more powerful, but he's more powerful then everybody. So thats not really a contest, he would take out Ragnos... I mean seriously. Besides he wasn't around when Revan ruled, at least not really.

Sion no way in hell Sion is more powerful. He doesn't have the experience in lightsaber fighting and probably not in the force too. And from all we know he was to afraid to take the Star Forge so he probably couldn't touch Revan in the force.

Kreia, perhaps weaker perhaps more powerful. Personal opinion she isn't. But this can be debated to death. Fact is Revan can probably defeat her in a fight, and there is a chance she will take him. But it will have to be with the force.

We know Revan was more powerful then Malak and every Master there was. So really we can say without a doubt that Revan was the greatest or second greatest of his era. And would probably defeat everybody that lived in his time, with the exception of Nihilus who would beat everybody.

D_CP
You think Nihilus is the best of his era just because of his Force Draining ability?

Darth Faunus
Correction: The bets of any era. Unless he's up against the Exile, he'll drain the Force out of every opponent he faces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.