futurama returns!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoomonkey
heard futurama is coming back!! timeline not set but apparently it will start out with some straight to dvd stuff, then depending on responce back to regular tv schedule.

sounds great to me. i was so pissed that they brought back family guy but not futurama.

also heard that in an upcoming episode of the simpsons there will be a pretty big joke about family guy being a rip-off of the simpsons (which it obviously is) and american dad being a rip off of a rip off.

just like to share

what do you guys think?

playmean
if anythings a rip-off it's futurama ripping off the simpsons and american dad ripping off the family guy. i don't think you can actually call them rip-offs though since they were spawned by the creators of the original shows. they just ran with what they had and added a twist.

simpsons -> futurama
family guy -> american dad

i didn't really like futurama when it was on fox, but i watch on cartoon network now. i guess it kind of grew on me. i love family guy, but i can't really get into american dad.

Mainstream
futurama is coming back huh? that's good news everyone!!!! good news indeed!!

I hope all the voice actors come back too.

ladygrim
Woot i love futurama ....Woot woot

mtryder
pretty much all three shows mentioned (futurama, family guy, american dad) are blatant simpsons ripoffs. Of course, considering that simpsons basically defined the genre, that's pretty expected

Wolf Dog
Um, may I ask where you got this information? (links)

Sir Nauj
eh futurama is ok but what fox should really do is cancel the simpsons. they are not funny and original anymore, plus the actors get really greedy.

Wolf Dog
I don't think they're coming back for a regular season on T.V. I think they're just coming back for the 2 straight to DVD movies. I wish Futurama came back instead of Family Guy but I know that if it did, i would've been wishing for Family Guy to come back...
"Hey professor, you're a proffesor...." laughing out loud

Mainstream
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
I don't think they're coming back for a regular season on T.V. I think they're just coming back for the 2 straight to DVD movies. I wish Futurama came back instead of Family Guy but I know that if it did, i would've been wishing for Family Guy to come back...
"Hey professor, you're a proffesor...." laughing out loud

if DVD sells go through the roof like Family Guy did...they could bring it back for at least 2 or 3 more seasons...and that would be Good news everyone

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Mainstream
if DVD sells go through the roof like Family Guy did...they could bring it back for at least 2 or 3 more seasons...and that would be Good news everyone

Yes it would. The regular season DVD's have been out for a while now. But maybe the movies might sell a lot better.

"People said I was dumb, but I proved them." - Fry

thestarwarsman
Didn't like it before and actually don't believe it will be any better but then yes I agree will suffer if it meant getting the Simpsons off. They are very stale anymore.

Mainstream
"If they put me on a stamp..tell them to use the young Bender."

zoomonkey
a friend of mine actually works on the simpsons and talked to greoning himself.

as far as rip-offs go, how is futurama a rip off of simpsons? thats right they both feature drinking smoking talking theiving robots... no
they both are set in the future... no
they are both about a disfunctional family... no

i see so many more similarities between the simpsons and family guy. both about a disfunctional family with an alcoholic moronic father that had a job a one point but now his employment is dubious. even a lot of plots for family guy episodes seem similar to old simpsons episodes.
family guy is a pretty blatant and poor excuse for a rip-off of the simpsons

"thats bad and you should feel bad"

zoomonkey
one more thing, while on adult swim futurama typically gets better ratings than family guy

meep-meep
Originally posted by zoomonkey
a friend of mine actually works on the simpsons and talked to greoning himself.

as far as rip-offs go, how is futurama a rip off of simpsons? thats right they both feature drinking smoking talking theiving robots... no
they both are set in the future... no
they are both about a disfunctional family... no

i see so many more similarities between the simpsons and family guy. both about a disfunctional family with an alcoholic moronic father that had a job a one point but now his employment is dubious. even a lot of plots for family guy episodes seem similar to old simpsons episodes.
family guy is a pretty blatant and poor excuse for a rip-off of the simpsons

"thats bad and you should feel bad"

I totally agree with you. Futurama is completely different than the Simpson's and Family Guy: well, as funny as it is sometimes ( I think it is getting kind of stale though ) is clearly much more like than the Simpson's Family Guy even has the creepy and hilarious pervert Quagmire like Simpson's Moe. Although Moe isn't as inclined to have sex with young girls and other things they are fairly similar as far as their comedic outbursts go.

Rambo
I'm so glad that Family Guy has come back on the air. But if i was seth Macfarlane I would not of went back to fox simply for the fact that they cut the show off. The only reason that Family guy didnt make it on its first run was because Fox kept changing the airing time and dates.

BENITO
heard futurama is coming back!! timeline not set but apparently it will start out with some straight to dvd stuff, then depending on responce back to regular tv schedule.

sounds great to me. i was so pissed that they brought back family guy but not futurama.

also heard that in an upcoming episode of the simpsons there will be a pretty big joke about family guy being a rip-off of the simpsons (which it obviously is) and american dad being a rip off of a rip off.

just like to share

what do you guys think? cool more Bender

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Rambo
I'm so glad that Family Guy has come back on the air. But if i was seth Macfarlane I would not of went back to fox simply for the fact that they cut the show off. The only reason that Family guy didnt make it on its first run was because Fox kept changing the airing time and dates.

The reason he went back to Fox is because now he has not just one, but two of his shows on the air.

But Futurama coming back is deff good news. Cant wait.

DanZeke25

just like to share

what do you guys think?

who cares is futurama returns?

South Park > all

New season of South Park this wednesday *****!!!

Mainstream
Originally posted by DanZeke25
who cares is futurama returns?

South Park > all

New season of South Park this wednesday *****!!!

apparently a lot of people care because if they didn't it wouldn't be coming back...."oh my god Bender coming back..thank you bastards"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.