Cyclops versus Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* again, a fight between two X-members... who would win?

* i'd say Cyke...

Metalmanx
Cyke. As much as I think Gambit is great and would win against many...Cyke wouldn't miss his first shot. And he would definitely get the first shot off.

So, yea. Cyke wins.

Same way he beats Wolverine.

Comic Book
cyclops is not the leader of the X-men, for nothing. Gambit could play cards, while Cyclops, blasts him, a new one.

JirK
this is so unfair, cyclops is the best x-man with a ranged attact i can think off simply cause he doesnt miss. unless hes against someone faster than he can look, such as quicksilver, then he misses a bit and anyone else would too.

wolverine8888
hmm I go with cyke and no cyke does not beat wolverine metal.
gambit has 4/10 chance of winning

DrDoom101
cyclops.

EsteemedLeader
Cyke.

bardock
cyclops

peejayd
Originally posted by JirK
this is so unfair, cyclops is the best x-man with a ranged attact i can think off simply cause he doesnt miss. unless hes against someone faster than he can look, such as quicksilver, then he misses a bit and anyone else would too.

* i have made this thread because i believe, in classic x-men, these three stand out: Cyke, Logan & Gambit.

* since there was already Cyke vs. Logan, i'm curious how you guys think of a Cyke-Gambit fight.

* Cyke got power, fighting skills, battle instincts...

* Gambit got agility, good on staff, can throw anything to Cyke then explodes...

* so, i think this is a good match-up...
* i think it is not unfair...

brainchild81
Cyclops wins

masterbruce
cyke

syke

peejayd
* guys, let's get this more detailed...

* let's say Cyke can beat Gambit, but how?

* thanks!

King KAM
both of them suck, sohopefully they kill each other? 10/10

peejayd
Originally posted by King KAM
both of them suck, sohopefully they kill each other? 10/10

* yeah, what a dumb post. it figures, you're a smurf...

King KAM
Originally posted by peejayd
* yeah, what a dumb post. it figures, you're a smurf...
and your a jabroni.....

peejayd
and your a jabroni.....

* very nice... you can contribute NECESSARY posts, though... try one...

ImmortalOne
jabroni ??

King KAM
* very nice... you can contribute NECESSARY posts, though... try one...
how about you know your role and shut your mouth?

peejayd
how about you know your role and shut your mouth?

* why should i? this is my thread...

* again, you can contribute necessary, and more appropriate posts, mr.smurf...

ImmortalOne
jabroni ??

peejayd
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
jabroni ??

* one of TheRock's catchphrases... means a jobber, wrestler who intentionally loses to make another seem good...

* anyway, guys, let's stick to the topic...

King KAM
see not even captain likes cyclops....

long pig
laughing

True story.

peejayd
see not even captain likes cyclops....

* i thought you mean Thanos, not Cap...

* uhmm... bro, this is Cyke versus Gambit thread...

King KAM
* i thought you mean Thanos, not Cap...

* uhmm... bro, this is Cyke versus Gambit thread...
take the stick out your bum and have a little laugh.

peejayd
take the stick out your bum and have a little laugh.

* okay, if that's what you like...

gamewarrior
I say Cyke! Hes good at aiming and he'd probably shot everything Gambit throws at him.

braz
Cyclops would own and disownbig grin gambit ne scenario given...

V/- Cyke

peejayd
* what if Gambit had managed to rush in close to Cyke? what happens?

* Gambit got that staff and anything he touches will explode...

Metalmanx
* what if Gambit had managed to rush in close to Cyke? what happens?

* Gambit got that staff and anything he touches will explode...

That's just it though. Cyke wouldn't even let that come close to happening. He wouldn't let Gambit get anywhere within a thirty foot radius of him most likely.

peejayd
* can Cyke take anything that Gambit throws in a close combat? what if Gambit got close? does Cyke got a chance of winning?

Metalmanx
* can Cyke take anything that Gambit throws in a close combat? what if Gambit got close? does Cyke got a chance of winning?

Depends entirely on how close.

It'd be an epic battle up close.

peejayd
* Cyke really wins, big time!

peejayd
* i guess Gambit did not have any chance after all...

pr1983
Cyclops... just too accurate imo...

jplatinum
Gambit wins for too many reasons.

peejayd
* and how is that, wild card?

Wonderman
Gambit needs Forge to invent him a special staff. One he can charge and it ignite and keep charging. Then he could prob. split Cyclops's eye beam in half and walk through the blast and boink him over the head.
As of now he's french toast.

peejayd
* oh? and isn't that - Cyclops versus Gambit with Forge? very innovative...

peejayd
* Cyclops wins!

peejayd

The_Olympian
why is it that so many people think Cyclops can beat gambit but Captain America can't... I just don't get it... ESPECIALLY when you think Gambit will be beaten by Cyclops because he's a LEADER!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!

Black Adam
Originally posted by The_Olympian
why is it that so many people think Cyclops can beat gambit but Captain America can't... I just don't get it... ESPECIALLY when you think Gambit will be beaten by Cyclops because he's a LEADER!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!

maybe because cyce has giant rays of destruction coming out of his eyes that could clear a Forrest in a second and cap doesn't......

StyleTime
Originally posted by The_Olympian
It has nothing to do with Cyclops's leadership skills. It has everything to do with his...optic blasts. From any significant distance, Cyclops will win.

Captain America doesn't have the "nuke the city" option Cyclops does. Gambit could beat Cyclops up close though if that will make you happy.

Leo.M
Gambit smokin'

peejayd
* Gambit can really beat Cyke up close, but it will be one hell of a ride before Gambit can rush close to Cyke... if Gambit can't get close sooner, Cyke wins the fight...

* re: Cap, there is no way he can beat Cyke if he can't get close too...

The Fake Macoy
Cyke can clobber Gambit, but who would win without energy related powers in H2H?

badabing
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Cyke can clobber Gambit, but who would win without energy related powers in H2H?
The Thing is the only person who can clobber. Cyke can blast Gambit.
smartass

Big Sexy
? since reme is a clone of scott. Why should their powers affects eachother?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Big Sexy

Black Adam

!.....

?.....

Big Sexy
dude, gambit has been stated to be a clone of cyke. Their powers should be the same as Cyclops and havok. For a while people thought he was the third summers brother.

diabloman
if u wanna settle this monami then lets do it. he would have knocked cyclops out there if proffesor x didnt show up

diabloman
so gambit wins

TheKahn

That is from "X-Men: The End" which I'm not sure is can\non. In fact Gambit was a clone of Mr. Sinister (using his DNA before Apocalypse altered it) and Gambit was granted his mutant powers from some of Scott's DNA. However, in the current timeline I do not believe that it has been established that this is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_%28comics%29#X-Men:_The_End

diabloman
gambit wins

Black Adam
Originally posted by diabloman
gambit wins

not really

diabloman
yes really

Black Adam
Originally posted by diabloman
yes really

how exactly?

diabloman
fighting big grin

Psyquis52
Gambit gets his butt handed to him like a sissy little girl.

Tallis
Hold on is Cykes powers and Gambits powers have no effect on each other than Gambit wins.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Tallis
Hold on is Cykes powers and Gambits powers have no effect on each other than Gambit wins.

there not brothers.

there powers effect each other.

Tallis
But gambit is a clone. So they have the same DNA. it should'nt have effect on either

diabloman
gambit wins

Black Adam
But gambit is a clone. So they have the same DNA. it should'nt have effect on either

there not clones.

TheKahn

Originally posted by TheKahn
That is from "X-Men: The End" which I'm not sure is canon. In fact Gambit was a clone of Mr. Sinister (using his DNA before Apocalypse altered it) and Gambit was granted his mutant powers from some of Scott's DNA. However, in the current timeline I do not believe that it has been established that this is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_%28comics%29#X-Men:_The_End

again I don't think "X-Men: The End" is in continuity and even if it was, Gambit was revealed then to be a clone of Sinister with only a few genes from Scott.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
there not clones.

I hate clones sad

Tallis
Originally posted by Black Adam
there not clones.

OKay then, however posted they where confused me. Anyway as much as I want gambit to win he has little hope of victory here. Unless theire is a junkyard type battle field. Then Gambit could use the junk as cover and while cyclops is blasting one pile of junk gambit could sneak from behind throw a card and then get cyclops into H2H and then he'd win. Otherwise Gambit loses

peejayd
* up! smile

-Pr-
Cyclops

Badabing
Same as the Cyke/Storm thread. This basically boils down to a quick draw. Cyke looks and Gambit is done.

GamorasBigDaddy
I think Gambit is not getting his due...

Cyke's a little ***** & the cajun would smoke his dumbass...

GBD

Peterlane
Cyclops wins. He is as agile, he is precise with his beams and is a tactical genius

GamorasBigDaddy
Originally posted by Peterlane
Cyclops wins. He is as agile, he is precise with his beams and is a tactical genius

No he is not as agile or as fast as Gambit is!

GBD

Badabing
Cyclops wins. He is as agile, he is precise with his beams and is a tactical genius Cyke is surprisingly agile...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-8.jpg

Peterlane
Originally posted by Badabing
Cyke is surprisingly agile...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-8.jpg

Thats some Gambit type ish right there

Priest
Cyke

Badabing
Thats some Gambit type ish right there Yeah. I was surprised when I read the issue tbo.

-Pr-
it's not the first time he's shown agility. he's done cartwheels while firing before...

psycho gundam
danger room training everyday.

Peterlane
Originally posted by -Pr-
it's not the first time he's shown agility. he's done cartwheels while firing before...
Yeh but look at his form, its flawless. Thats the type or acrobattics you expect from Spiderman or Beast

-Pr-
Yeh but look at his form, its flawless. Thats the type or acrobattics you expect from Spiderman or Beast

true, i just meant that i wasn't THAT surprised to see it...

psycho gundam
it's more of a captain america/daredevil maneuver.

Peterlane
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Still awesomely agile characters big grin

I'm gonna look for Gambit's agile feats now

peejayd
Originally posted by psycho gundam

* that and a pinpoint accuracy of the blast... smile

weaponx510
you all must have no idea who gambit is ive seen gambit catch bullets and i kow for a fact summers blast is not faster than a bullet.....if gambit touches him once its over for scott and im pretty sure it would be a good fight but come on now cyclops sucks

weaponx510
last point full power gambit can look at cyclops and make him explode...he can make organic matter explode threw his eye sight full power

peejayd
Originally posted by weaponx510
you all must have no idea who gambit is ive seen gambit catch bullets and i kow for a fact summers blast is not faster than a bullet.....if gambit touches him once its over for scott and im pretty sure it would be a good fight but come on now cyclops sucks

* laughing gambit wins because Cyclops sucks? laughing

weaponx510
im sorry everyone but after i saw the first xmen movie and toad beat cyclops that pops in my head everytime i hear the name cyclops

Eternal Idol
Cyclops 8/10.

weaponx510
Gambit 8/10

Eternal Idol
Gambit loses 8/10

Fixed.

thanos-prime
cyclops wins even hand to hand he has been shown to be a great fighter and he predicts his opponents moves

Mindset
Gambit is a great fighter with enhanced physical stats.

Peterlane
H2H only Gambit will win 6/10 but using their powers Cyclops wins 7-8/10

-Pr-
im sorry everyone but after i saw the first xmen movie and toad beat cyclops that pops in my head everytime i hear the name cyclops

then it's your fault for letting that trash influence your opinion.

Phantom Zone
I would have thought Gambit would win this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.