How dependant is Superman upon his organs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jargon343
Lets say a guy walks up to Superman on the street, pretending to be a gracious fan. Unbeknownst to Supes, this guy has an adamantium knife hidden under his shirt. Superman, oblvious, turns around to attend to something else, and our dude defies some pretty basic laws of physics (as all people in possesion of adamantium are want to do) and manages to drive his knife into Superman's heart even though he by all accounts should not have the physical stregnth to drive it through a 2x4.

Does Superman die?

Or are his internal organs just there for show? Does his power and life lay in his stored solar energy, independant of any bodily functions?

nate100
Would he not have to be stabbed in the heart with a knife made of kryptonite? Wouldn't adamantium just crumple on his chest?

Any who..... if it were kryptonite my guess is the fool would be deader than Elvis. (even then i cant be 100% sure)

Mindship
My guess: Superman needs his organs. How would he see without his eyes; how would he think without his brain; how would he breathe without his lungs? They are far more energized than ours are, but nonetheless, he needs 'em to function as a "superorganism."

Which brings me to a related question: does Supes go to the bathroom?

((The_Anomaly))
adamantium would not be able to penetrate clark anyways. it wouldn't break but it wouldn't go into him either.

Jargon343
Well I just used Adamantium as an example because Wolverine writers seem under the impression that if something is hard and sharp enough you can shove it through anything. Literally, you'd have to be as strong as Doomsday to stab Supes with anything regardless of how sharp and unbreakable it is.

NoFate007
Superman IS a living creature, so yeah he SHOULD depend on his organs, unless the writers want to make him even more invincible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.