Star Wars Original Trilogy Limited Edition Coming December 6th

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
http://dvdanswers.com/images/screenshots/starwarstriller1art1.jpg

http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7825&n=1&burl=

from the sounds of things, im just sticking to the box set i already have

nate100
Me too. good old GL whoring himself out again.

pretty soon there not even gonna bother lubing us up and just dry hump us.

Ganner Rhysode
I'm still waiting for episodes I-VI being released all together...

tpaquin
Wait.

Only three disks, somewhat less shitty packaging, what the hell's the point?

Whirlysplatt
laughing out loud not another special edition

beedubaya
Maybe this one will feature Jar Jar Binks through the three movies to provide continuality with the PT. stick out tongue

roughrider
What the f**k?
What is the point of this, unless there is something different inside on the films, re: more changes?
WE WANT THE SIX FILM SET. DO YOU HEAR?
At the very least, the prequel trilogy in a box set.

CellDweller
What is "special" about this special edition?

overlord
Originally posted by beedubaya
Maybe this one will feature Jar Jar Binks through the three movies to provide continuality with the PT. stick out tongue Hurray for continuity!! eek!

queeq
Yeah, I mean, JarJar is definately lacking in the OT. I think GL should have him team up with Luke, Han and Leia.... maybe even have him locked up with Leia in the Deathstar. That'd be a cool scene when Luke enters the cell: "Oh muy oh muy, mesa luv you big time, but eerrr... issen yousa not a bitten small for a stormtropper, yousa think?"

Darth Jello
so is this gonna be the standard release now? with the bonus disc falling into obscurity?

rtm
i think these versions do contain some changes to them. He adds scenes and does voice overs to some characters like the stormtroopers. They all have Tamuera Morrison's voice. So i guess that pretty much explains that all stormtroopers are infact still made from the same dna. I think he also changes the music in some scenes. I read a list of a bunch of changes he made to the movies. There is also a scene in EP IV where he shows the emperor dissovling what is left of the old senate on corucsant. At the end of EP IV there is also a scene where vader returns to corucsant to the emperors palace which was showed in EP 2 apologize for his failure and to tell palpatine of a new threat to the dark side of the force. In ESB the AT-AT's are shown with faster movement and before that there is a scene that shows snowtroopers boarding the AT-At's.Oh and the lightsaber duals are going to be more epic for example the obi wan vader fight. In ROTJ at the end when Luke takes off vaders mask GL replaced the face of the old anakin with the anakin in the prequals only that they used make up to age his appearance. Also anakin tell luke that he is sorry for all the distruction he caused and to rebuild the jedi. This is what I have read and heard from other people, so don't hold me to this. I'll find out tomorrow when I go buy them.

Captain REX
They better not replace Sebastian Shaw. If he does, I'll kill him. Anakin's an old man by ROTJ, he doesn't need to look like Hayden.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Captain REX
They better not replace Sebastian Shaw. If he does, I'll kill him. Anakin's an old man by ROTJ, he doesn't need to look like Hayden.

Anyone who says someone deserves to die for movie stuff are nerds...NO OFFENSE dude.

overlord
It's stupid to keep changing a piece of history.
To protect SW we must kill Lucas! hehehe..

By the way, aren't you a sock, dark envy?

Adamwankenobi
What's wrong with socks? I myself have got two of them. TEY'RE ON MY FEET! HAHAHAHAHA

overlord
HHAHAHA!! LOLZORZ! High five, adamwankenobi! eek!

rtm
I just finished watching the star wars trilogy the re-release that came out today and there are no changes to the movies as of the dvd release last yr.

rtm
The cool thing about them is that the picture on the actual disks are the painting of the original movie posters when the movies came out the first time.

Darth Jello
the old discs have that picture too.

queeq
I already checked it out. It's the same as the 4-disc box except that the box isn't that nice and the fourth disc is missing.

willman
ive already got a sweet boxset i got about a year ago

jainasolo55
i am totally confused

queeq
Why?

webgirly
Hallo all! I'm a noob, but wanted to comment, big grin

I saw these in Tesco yesterday and had hoped that it was an 'unfiddled' version of the movies, due to the original artwork cover. Seems not, after reading everyone comments.

Am I the only one that is incensed to see Hayden Christiensen (sp) at the end of Jedi? It makes me crazy.... argh! Then the other changes, like the whole Greedo shooting first thing.... I don't mind the purely aesthetic changes, but if I could get my hands on a dvd set without the other stuff, I'd pay double!

(excuse any dodgy spelling, smile )

overlord
Exactly, it is just pure blasphemy that Lucas would just edit his work of art whenever he pleases.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by roughrider
What the f**k?
What is the point of this, unless there is something different inside on the films, re: more changes?
WE WANT THE SIX FILM SET. DO YOU HEAR?
At the very least, the prequel trilogy in a box set.

The Point, its obviously to provide a bigger selection for all us guys who just love the film or..............................................

...... George wants more money!!!!!!!!!!!

redcaped
rtm thinks my way-I give 100% of total support by replacing sebastian's face with Hayden's make-up. Even old his face is not the same. Is your father/brother like you? That and many more details need to be correct.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by overlord
Exactly, it is just pure blasphemy that Lucas would just edit his work of art whenever he pleases.

Then don't change your sig ever again.

overlord
I know, my sig has impressed you as much as the whole freaking Star Wars saga.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.