Most Disappointing Horror Movie You've Seen...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Have you ever been bitterly dissapointed by a horror movie that seemed to promise so much and didn't deliver? I felt this way after seeing 'The Dark Half', one of the greatest horror novelists (Stephen King) teaming up with one of the greatest horror film makers (George A Romero); how could it possibly be bad!? Somehow, it was.

papabeard
So many times, in fact almost every time. recently Wolf Creek,

b-dan
infested evil flys possesing humans its was soo bad that after some one died they go tup and walked off set wqhy beacuse the people that made it were to stupid to turne the camera off!! and i was disapointed with gothika, dark water, and red eye

Cinemaddiction
Ring 2

WindDancer
As long as there is a gore factor it won't disappoint me.

BackFire
Cannibal Ferox and Ichi The Killer.

tpaquin
I was disappointed by Zombi. It had some unique elements, but it lacked an element of playfulness, which made it tedious for me.

Cringe
Booygeyman is the most recent.Such a stupid film.

Nevermind
Ginger Snaps 2, Can some one please explain at what point she snaps, given that she has brief cameo 's through it? ******* studio's trying to reap some sort of reward from the first one.

deathbycorn
The Village

BaronOBeefDip
Wes Craven's New Nightmare. It was ok, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Pandemoniac
Pffff, where to begin!
Faust, Darkness Falls, Gothika, Ghost Ship, Dracula 2000, Friday the 13th part 5, The Mangler, Texas Chainsaw 2...
Not that all of those were very promising to start with, but they sucked beyond my imagination

beta-wolf_101
Exorcist II

MetalHeart
TCM 4 (made me wish leatherface would turn up and finish me off)
Dolly Dearest (can u say child's play?)
The Brotherhood (um, that was a horror movie?)
Cabin Fever (no comment)

ladygrim
Cabin Fever
wrong turn oh my what a load of

WindDancer
Originally posted by deathbycorn
The Village

The Village is more of a suspense, mystery, thriller film. The trailers made it look like a horror flick.

Sir Nauj
the ring 2 , gawd I wanted my money back

LiL nAstY GirL
Cabin Fever

deathbycorn
Hellraiser 7 - Deader

It was just a boring movie.

Impediment
Alien vs. Predator. It might not necessarliy be 100% horror, but it still has some of the aspects of a horror flick. That said, I was severely disappointed, since I am a long time collector and fan of the Dark Horse comic series.

Blue_Butterfly
I'd have to say...
The Ring
The Grudge
well let me just say any "remake" of a classic horror film or an American version of a Japanese film. Just leave it be guys. They ALL SUCKED horribly.
Oh yeah and let me add all these VS. movies out...all bullshit!

chops
The house of the dead was horundus(sp?) and the gate 2-trespassers was awfull

papabeard
Last House on the Left

jayy
The Ring 2

Amityville Horror (sucked soooooo bad)

Excorsist The Beginning

The Scarecrow (Horrible)

Too many to list, but those stand out the most.

smile

ginny_weasly
maybe I'm just gullible - but I actually had high hopes for the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" - it actually looked pretty good in the trailer - boy I called that one wrong....

Aini
ring 2

Gaetane
they, sucked bigtime

p_s_luvit1989
Seed of Chucky (O.K. I didn't pay to see sclub7 wash up's and really corny scenes)
Wrong Turn (The best part of that movie was the end of the credits)
ginger snaps 2 (Totaly dis-regarded 1)

Myers Kicks Ass
I hated the tcm remake jason takes manhatten and jason goes to hell

DarkWizard
Mainly 'the Grudge'

LizzyT123
Hmm, I know quite a few, but can't remember all of them...

House of the Dead
Boogeyman
Seed of Chucky
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Next Generation
Jason X
The Exorcist:The Beginning
Ring 2
Gothica
Cabin Fever
Ghost Ship
Mangler 2
13 Ghosts
Resident Evil
Return of the Living Dead-Necropolis
Final Destination 2
Saw
Urban Legend
Valentine
All of the Scream movies
All of the Leprechaun movies
Halloween 3, and all the rest of the latter sequels
Blair Witch 2
Jeepers Creepers
Amityville Horror Remake
All sequels for Psycho
I Know What You Did Last Summer+2
Ghost of Mars
American Psycho+2
All the sequels to Jaws
Basket Case
Carrie 2
Fright Night 2
smile, whew, I'm tired now!

Wolfie
I'm not sure if everyone is just naming the disappointments. There have been several movies that I didn't expect much from and got just that (The Grudge). They're not disappointments, just bad.

Disappointments:
The Amityville Horror remake (the previews looked pretty cool)
The Blair Witch Project (seemed like a cool idea, realistic scary movie)
Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (I figured, new environment, more people to kill, best Jason sequel ever)
Hellraiser: Inferno (when expressing disgust for a Hellraiser movie, people talk about Hellseeker, this I found to be much worse)
Jason Goes to Hell (I heard people talk about JGTH being the last true Jason movie 'cause Jason X "sucked so bad"wink
Silver Bullet (the book was awesome, everyone talked about it like it was the best werewolf movie ever)
Wrong Turn (impulse buy, the cover looked kinda cool)

Xtremechik2
House of 1000 Corpses
Blair Witch Project

deathbycorn
The Funhouse (acting was shocking and it was too unrealistic)

Tourist Trap (one good scene when he smeared the wax on the girls face)

deathbycorn
oh and that 1998 film Phantoms with Ben Afleck was horrible.

cropsy_is_god
The bagman dont even pick up the box to look at it.

Miss_Faye
Hostel.
Scream.
The Village.
Exorcism of Emily Rose.
House of 1000 Corpse.

And so on and so on and so on.sleeping

LizzyT123
The Funhouse (acting was shocking and it was too unrealistic)

Tourist Trap (one good scene when he smeared the wax on the girls face)

I thought the Funhouse was cool, it actually kinda scared me.

oh and that 1998 film Phantoms with Ben Afleck was horrible.

Ben Affleck always sucks. "Pearl Harbor sucked, just a little bit more than I miss you"-Team America

Originally posted by Miss_Faye
Hostel.
Scream.
The Village.
Exorcism of Emily Rose.
House of 1000 Corpse.

And so on and so on and so on.sleeping

Are you kidding me!? Hostel was very good and gorey! House of 1000 Corpses is such a great movie, everybody hates it though!

Commando Queen
The Grudge.. i Laughed Throughout the whole movie

Undertaker
House of 1000 Corpses is PURE gold!
Cabin Fever is the biggest load of shit ever! Even Wrong Turn was better.

Adam_PoE
Every horror movie since 1987.

BackFire
Hey, there's been some good ones... like May, Audition, Dog Soldiers, 28 Days Later, and High Tension.

Undertaker
Originally posted by BackFire
Hey, there's been some good ones... like May, Audition, Dog Soldiers, 28 Days Later, and High Tension.

28 Days Later is a Good movie, Big Up's i really liked it.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Undertaker
House of 1000 Corpses is PURE gold!
Cabin Fever is the biggest load of shit ever! Even Wrong Turn was better.
House of 1000 Corpses was okay, hardly pure gold.

papabeard
Last house on the left

cropsy_is_god
Freddy 5 & Jason 8 they both sucked. Jason 5 was alittle crappy only because Jason wasn't the killer but the deaths were still good & gory. I also didn't like Freddy 4 it was better than 5 but still crap.

dagurlhoolived
the village was really weird and so stupid, i sat there laughing, red eye was also really dumb, no plot, no meaning to the story, just a guy with a pen in his throat!

LizzyT123

I totally agree! I haven't seen Audition, or Dog Soldiers, but May, 28 Days Later, and High Tension were GREAT! Especially the head at the beginning, if ya know what I meanwink

Bossman
Blair Witch
Night Stalker
Friday 5 and 8
Any Scream flick
The Dead Hate the Living
Killer Condom
Amity remake
Freddy's Dead

Undertaker
Originally posted by Wolfie
House of 1000 Corpses was okay, hardly pure gold.

Well i liked it alot, Can't wait to see The Devil's Rejects

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Bossman
Blair Witch
Night Stalker
Friday 5 and 8
Any Scream flick
The Dead Hate the Living
Killer Condom
Amity remake
Freddy's Dead

Killer CONDOM? LMFAO, what the hell is that about?!

Wolfie
Condom with fangs. How you could be disappointed by that, I don't know.

LizzyT123
Condom with fangs. How you could be disappointed by that, I don't know.

lfmao, now I've gotta see that, if I can find it that is smile

Wolfie
I've enjoyed my share of stupid cheesy horror movies but Killer Condom was a little much for me. See if you can find the trailer online, it doesn't look very appealing.

Wolfie
I'm not sure if everyone is just naming the disappointments. There have been several movies that I didn't expect much from and got just that (The Grudge). They're not disappointments, just bad.

Disappointments:
The Amityville Horror remake (the previews looked pretty cool)
The Blair Witch Project (seemed like a cool idea, realistic scary movie)
Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (I figured, new environment, more people to kill, best Jason sequel ever)
Hellraiser: Inferno (when expressing disgust for a Hellraiser movie, people talk about Hellseeker, this I found to be much worse)
Jason Goes to Hell (I heard people talk about JGTH being the last true Jason movie 'cause Jason X "sucked so bad"wink
Silver Bullet (the book was awesome, everyone talked about it like it was the best werewolf movie ever)
Wrong Turn (impulse buy, the cover looked kinda cool)
Oh yeah, I'd like to add Final Destination 2. I loved the first one, the second was so stupid. Since then I've seen it once or twice, liked it a little more when I didn't take it seriously.

FistOfThe North
People have their own unfathomably interesting opinions but to each his own.

The most dissapointing, hm..That's a really really tuff question cause there are so many horror fliks that puke hard. I don't even know where to begin.

I i'll tell you about the last horror movie that i remember it as being one of the all-time high in 2000's for being the most garbage-est of horror movies I've ever seen that came out this century.

And that movie was "Darkness" followed by "Ghost Ship"

Adam_PoE

I do not really consider May to be a horror movie. I will give you Audition, but the others are not very good.

BackFire
May's not the normal horror genre type film, but it falls under the catagory.

You didn't like Dog Soldiers? Man, that movie owns shit up, best werewolf movie I've seen.

There's also Irreversible, which, like May, isn't a normal horror film but can somewhat fall under the genre in some ways.

kanis
devil2 For me it would have to be the grudge and the descent but it isn't the worst one i have ever seen

cropsy_is_god
I just got The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue.After reading loads of reviews about how gory and cool it was i have to say it was utter shit.Definetly a huge disappointment.

Eternal Turmoil
Probably white noise ...

he chucked himself into some sort of pit ... stupid man lol big grin

actor

kanis
borg Your right about that it was not scary at all just pathetically cheesey.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by kanis
borg Your right about that it was not scary at all just pathetically cheesey.

Damn, I can't believe that you guys would say that.............oh well.

jayy
Exorcism Of Emily Rose

F@@king pitiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink

sammii
the grudge

kanis
borg The grudge was pretty bad but i can't really say anything about the haunting of emily rose because i haven't seen it yet but i do think it looks creepy from the trailer.

jayy
Originally posted by kanis
borg The grudge was pretty bad but i can't really say anything about the haunting of emily rose because i haven't seen it yet but i do think it looks creepy from the trailer.

It's called The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, not haunting. The movie doesn't even haunt you in the slightest bit. Horrible movie. Save your money and rent The Grudge on DVD.

wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/yuyyyiuyuy/dbanima.gif The Exorcism Of Emily Rose http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/yuyyyiuyuy/dbanima.gif

Pepito
probably ring or ring 2: THERE WAS ALSO A BETAMACK VERSION OF THE EVIL TAPE

K.Diddy
Originally posted by zombieman
Have you ever been bitterly dissapointed by a horror movie that seemed to promise so much and didn't deliver? I felt this way after seeing 'The Dark Half', one of the greatest horror novelists (Stephen King) teaming up with one of the greatest horror film makers (George A Romero); how could it possibly be bad!? Somehow, it was.

All the Prom night sequels

Wes cravens New nightmare

Jason x

and I were hoping Freddy vs Jason would of been a little better than it was to...

cool_dudes_rule
nightmare on elm street 7

it is so stupid.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by cool_dudes_rule
nightmare on elm street 7

it is so stupid.

yes

Even NOES 2 was better than that laughing out loud

Pandemoniac
True, true! Only part 6 sucked even more, and we are talking some serious sucking here

LizzyT123
Dude, Underworld 2 SUCKED SO BADLY. Thats all I have to say smile

LepperFace15
The Village

haha even though I've had it on dvd
and watched it today ironically

LepperFace15
oh and the original texas chainsaw massacre

ive had it on dvd for 3 years

and it was cheesy

i dunno why backfire thinks it sooo damn good

it just feels like a shady weird horror movie

it feels too underground

LepperFace15
btw ive only watched it two times on dvd in 3 years haha

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by dagurlhoolived
the village was really weird and so stupid, i sat there laughing, red eye was also really dumb, no plot, no meaning to the story, just a guy with a pen in his throat!

You obviously are one of those people who don't go see a movie for the storyline but for the gore and nudity... I feel sorry for you.

Rafkins_Warning
But the most disappointing one for me had to be Resident Evil 2... I mean I waited like over a year for that... I loved the first one, Milla and Michelle were pefect, and it was amazing to be a video game movie... then the sequel came... I wanted to cry it was so awful, in fact I did cry... there I admitted it... I cried it was such a bad movie... painful to watch even...

Wolfie
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
But the most disappointing one for me had to be Resident Evil 2... I mean I waited like over a year for that... I loved the first one, Milla and Michelle were pefect, and it was amazing to be a video game movie... then the sequel came... I wanted to cry it was so awful, in fact I did cry... there I admitted it... I cried it was such a bad movie... painful to watch even...
Well, the first wasn't spectacular to begin with. I haven't checked out the second one 'cause the first didn't interest me much.

Rafkins_Warning
For a zombie and video game movie it was okay, the first one I mean... that and as I mentioned, Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez... nuff said! wink

kanis
borg The grudge is pathetic i woulden't even waste my money on it, its the worst thing done by sam raimi. And underworld evolution is fantastic and hugely great spin on werewolves and vamps.

Rafkins_Warning
Underworld Evolution would be on here as a disappointment if I didn't already know it was going to suck that bad... the trailer pretty much let me know it was going to disappoint... and it did, more than I thought it would in fact, awful, AWFUL movie!

jayy
All the Chucky movies

Exorcism Of Emily Rose (Worst of the year!!)

Cabin Fever

Ring II

The Fog

Shaun Of The Dead (F@@king Pitiful!!!!!!!!!!!)

laughing Underworld II laughing

kanis
borg Cabin fever was actually pretty freaky and disgusting but not a bad movie and how can you say that shawn of the dead is a pitiful movie its funny its not a series movie like dawn of the dead which is better than shawn of the dead which is good in its own way.

devilsreject304
Yeah, Shaun of the Dead was GREAT, in my opinion. And so was Cabin Fever. I think the most dissapointhing was Red Eye, so boring!

jayy
Originally posted by devilsreject304
Yeah, Shaun of the Dead was GREAT, in my opinion. And so was Cabin Fever. I think the most dissapointhing was Red Eye, so boring!

No way! Both Cabin Fever and Shaun Of The Dead were so boring and stupid. Damn horrible.

wink

devilsreject304
Damn, I liked them both alot!

Darkman87
AVP was not good enough as I expected.

angelfire13
Hi Angelfire13 i was really disapointed in the ring 1 & 2, and THE GRUDE

jayy
I left out Dark Water. F@@king horrible!!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by jayy
No way! Both Cabin Fever and Shaun Of The Dead were so boring and stupid. Damn horrible.

wink

Shaun of the Dead was a damn good movie. I wouldn't classify it exactly as horror though. Its a comedy, so if you went to see it, thinking it was going to be HORRIFY, well, you were DAMN WRONG!

Wolfie
Shaun of the Dead is horror/comedy, and damn brilliant!

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Shaun of the Dead was a damn good movie. I wouldn't classify it exactly as horror though. Its a comedy, so if you went to see it, thinking it was going to be HORRIFY, well, you were DAMN WRONG!

I'm damn right, Shaun Of The Dead SUCKED!!

Darknight Of The Scarecrow was better than that piece of s@&# movie!!!

big grin big grin

wesleyjaymes
I'll have to agree with Jayy. Shaun Of The Dead did suck. Waste of time and money.

LizzyT123
Yeah, well Jayys gone, Shaun of the Dead RULED!!!! There was NOTHING wrong with that movie, unless your a stupid prep that only laughs at sexual jokes smile

devilsreject304
I agree, I loved it!!

wesleyjaymes
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Yeah, well Jayys gone, Shaun of the Dead RULED!!!! There was NOTHING wrong with that movie, unless your a stupid prep that only laughs at sexual jokes smile

That movie far from ruled, just look at the ticket sales. It sucked. STRAIGHT to video movie. Waste.

Day Of The Dead is #1 when it comes to zombie movies.

wink cool wink

Wolfie
Shaun of the Dead is anything but a DTV movie.

Of course it isn't the best. It isn't trying to be. It's trying to be a hilarious comedy. And that it is.

wesleyjaymes
Shaun of the Dead is anything but a DTV movie.

Of course it isn't the best. It isn't trying to be. It's trying to be a hilarious comedy. And that it is.

I have to disagree, but it's all good. Anybody know anything about a Day Of The Dead remake?

wink

devilsreject304
I have heard rumors about it, and there may even be a site on it. I am just about 95% sure its going to happen.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by wesleyjaymes
That movie far from ruled, just look at the ticket sales. It sucked. STRAIGHT to video movie. Waste.

Day Of The Dead is #1 when it comes to zombie movies.

wink cool wink

The ticket sales were not the best in the US, because its from the UK, dumb dumb! It was really good over there! And anyways, just because Shaun of the Dead has zombies in it, doesn't mean its a "zombie" movie! Its a comedy! Its nothing like Day of the Dead. Day of the Dead is a serious movie, a horror movie!

horrorchick
Ring Two

Resident Evil 2

The Crow 2

Carrie 2

and

Tamara (great opening scene ripped off of The Craft, then it's straight-to-video cheesy time)

this being said, I still re-watch all of these films cause im like that

sam000
wolf creek

too short

not enough gore

allofyousuckkk
resident evil 2 and carrie 2 were good

house of the dead
underworld 2(wasnt terrible, but dissappointing)
ring 2
house of 1000 corpses
texas chainsawe massacre(original)
ummm...........not mnay i can think of

TheOnes2
Exorcist. Wasnt even scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.