Batman 89' had the best score

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Although I thought Begins was better, Batman 89' had the best score.

I don't see why they didn't just use the same score.

Mr Parker
Yeah I know.That was the one thing that Batman 89 can brag about that was better than Batman Begins is that it had a better score than begins did.I guess they did not use it because they wanted to distance themselves from all the other batman films would be the only explanation I can think of.Actually there are two things that Batman 89 can brag about that they did better than Batman Begins.The score and the batmobile.

NoFate007
Yeah that score is one of the main reasons Batman isn't the campy piece of crap it was in the 60s. Although we're still in the shadow of "nanananana" Batman, its not as bad as before. We owe a lot to Danny Elfman.

JediMasterLuke5
Batman Begins is higher rated. Check imdb.com for ratings

sevenman
When the **** did anyone listen to imdb for ratings?

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I know.That was the one thing that Batman 89 can brag about that was better than Batman Begins is that it had a better score than begins did.I guess they did not use it because they wanted to distance themselves from all the other batman films would be the only explanation I can think of.Actually there are two things that Batman 89 can brag about that they did better than Batman Begins.The score and the batmobile. It was either done on purpose or Batman Returns is just better and you probably shouldn't worry about it.

Originally posted by NoFate007
Yeah that score is one of the main reasons Batman isn't the campy piece of crap it was in the 60s. Although we're still in the shadow of "nanananana" Batman, its not as bad as before. We owe a lot to Danny Elfman. We've been done past that.

A different movie and a different. Danny Elfman would have done his best score in Batman Forever and Tim Burton would keep the Batmobile. P3WNED

vvvrulz
The score was definately far better, you could barely even remember the Begins one. And I thought the begins batmobile was a piece of crap.

sevenman
same goes for Batman Returns

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by vvvrulz
And I thought the begins batmobile was a piece of crap.

Agreed. That tank has nothing on the Batmobile..

Mando
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Agreed. That tank has nothing on the Batmobile..

best part on batman, when he uses the armor gadget on the batmobile.

so sweet

jenzie
i bought BOTH the danny elfman and prince soundtracks ..... ON TAPE!!!!
played them a lot
they are both great IMO

i also have BF and B&R soundtrack on cd, and just listened to the BF OST yesterday

Dark_as_Knight
batman 89 definitely had a better score.... begins didn't really have a main score.... i consider it more of background music that could be applied to any movie with a dark theme.

Silverstein
ya the 89 elfman theme IS the batman theme, but i personally like the new theme of Batman Begins...i can play it on the keyboard that s why

lol "nanananaaana"

SpyCspider
what IS the theme from Batman Begins???

Ok, if I try hard enough, i think I can hear it in my mind. All I rmemeber is that it's slow and melodramatic, but could apply to any dark movie like someone else said. Otherwise, the two defining themes from Batman is the Danny Elfman one and the classic Adam West Batman from the 60s that everyone remembers.

Darth Zannah
Batman Begins batmobile is a thousand times better than that hunk of shit in the orginal.

Gregory
Originally posted by Darth Zannah
Batman Begins batmobile is a thousand times better than that hunk of shit in the orginal.

You are correct.

And, uh, people ... Batman 89 and Batman Begins are completely different sorts of movies; Elfman's score would not have fit the latter.

Mr Parker
Okay as many people here know when it comes to the Burton Batman movies,there is nobody that hates Burton more so than me for what he did to the Batman movies.Batman Begins is 100x's better than those crapfest Burton Batman movies.But you got to give credit where credit is due,How in the world can you guys possibly say that junkmobile in Batman Begins was better than the batmobile in Batman 89? The one in 89 at least looked like the batmobile? confused

Silverstein
ok, we're talking about the musical scores here. Yes, the original IS batman...but it doesnt remind me of Burton's, it reminds me of the cartoon which is 1000x better than any of burtons movies.

-Like Gregory said.; This is a new batman movie, a "different" one. I can't picture Batman Begins with the elfman score...to do that id have to think about a neon or gothic gotham, a half balding beer belling batman. then i could do it. The new theme reminds me of the new batman...I dont remember people mentioning anything about the spiderman score, how they didnt do the "spiderman spiderman, does what ever a spider can" thing or the theme with the mad guitar.

Mr Parker
yeah I guess now I can understand why they did not use the elfman theme song from the 89 batman movie,one of only two things that were better than begins.But yeah its just as well they didnt because when you hear the elfman theme song,all I can think of is balding beer belly michael keaton as batman and thats the last thing I want to think about.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Silverstein

-Like Gregory said.; This is a new batman movie, a "different" one. I can't picture Batman Begins with the elfman score...to do that id have to think about a neon or gothic gotham, a half balding beer belling batman. then i could do it. The new theme reminds me of the new batman...I dont remember people mentioning anything about the spiderman score, how they didnt do the "spiderman spiderman, does what ever a spider can" thing or the theme with the mad guitar.

Yes, Elfman's score was somewhat melodramatic, and BB was meant to underplay the melodrama to be more accessible...hence the more moody music...

...which I think is awesome.

Cascador
I think yeah the score is better of the batman '89 film, it was a little too fairytale like in Batman Returns, the theme, but still good. Im not going to argue about what is better for the rest. Done that already...

Jade Chihuahua
I liked the batmobile in BB, since he was just getting started, I liked the way he didnt just create the token batmobile out of thin air. I wouldnt mind if they used a more traditional batmobile in the next movie, but I think, for his origin, it was a good idea for him to use projects from Wayne Industries to his advantage.

MC_GG
Batman Begins score is better because the music is more darker and so is the film. Batman is not as dark as Begins. If you ask a lot of people, they'd say Begins was better than the original Batman. Also Christian Bale did a better Bruce Wayne than Michael Keaton.

Knightfall93
The Batmobile was awesome and BB is the best Bat- film so far. I mean, they pulled off J?im Gordon perfectly and Gary Oldman was a great choice (very very cool) and I loved the Joker card ending, VERY Batman: Year 1, almost straight from it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.