Who are the most powerful practitioners of magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Not counting magical being, only beings who use magic. Who are the most powerful ones. I know Strange, Roma, Fate, and Zatanna are on this list, but who else and how do they all rank?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Not counting magical being, only beings who use magic. Who are the most powerful ones. I know Strange, Roma, Fate, and Zatanna are on this list, but who else and how do they all rank?

Margali and Magik Mistress of Limbo (Amanda Sefton) are very powerful and definitely in the top 10 on earth.

Maestro
Loki is pretty powerful with magic.

wannabe
What about Scarlet Witch, Selene, Enchantress, Malekith and Karnilla?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by wannabe
What about Scarlet Witch, Selene, Enchantress, Malekith and Karnilla?

Scarlet Witch isnt anything to shout about mystically. Thats why in the past she could only use her mystical skills to greater control her mutant powers. That was the extent of her mystical prowess.

wannabe
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Scarlet Witch isnt anything to shout about mystically. Thats why in the past she could only use her mystical skills to greater control her mutant powers. That was the extent of her mystical prowess. And the others?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by wannabe
And the others?

If Selene was a major mystical force she would have been more heavily featured in comics displaying such abilities. She mostly relies on her mutant powers from what ive seen. She seems like more of a dabbler.

Another addition to the top 10 would definitely be Morgan Le Fay.

Her along with Doc S, Margali and Magik are there in my opinion.

wannabe
Hm...perhaps!

Juntai
Etrigan is consider among the elite.
Faust, and his father.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
Etrigan is consider among the elite.
Faust, and his father.

Damn i didnt read the threadmakers first post properly and assumed it was just for Marvel. Thanks for reminding me Juntai.

In that case out of the people ive said only Dr Strange and Morgan Le Fay would definitely make it into a top 10 list I.M.O

Juntai
The lanterns are also somehow ranked among magic users in DC, but I don't count them, it's a whole nother thing...I dunno...

Except sentinal maybe, the green flame...
he's got some power.

Scoobless
Dormammu......Thor? (Mjolnir's all about magic)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Scoobless
Dormammu......Thor? (Mjolnir's all about magic)

If you read the first post you'll see the likes of Dormammu arent included.

Also Mjolnir doesnt compare to the mystic might of earths most powerful magic practitioners. The likes of Strange and Morgan Le Fay. When you take into account the DC multiverse which is mostly magic based Thor wouldnt make it into a top 10

Juntai
Merlin

Juntai
And outside of Etrigan form.. Jason Blood is a beast as well.

Juntai
Phanton Stranger

Scoobless
didn't Dormammu start out like Strange though... just a sorceror type who kept amping up his power?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Scoobless
didn't Dormammu start out like Strange though... just a sorceror type who kept amping up his power?

Doesnt matter. Its what he is now that matters. He is a magical being and therefore not included in the rankings for this thread.

BlaqChaos
Doesnt matter. Its what he is now that matters. He is a magical being and therefore not included in the rankings for this thread.
Just like the Wizard SHAZAM (sp?)

jrodslam
Clea, Wizard, Mordru, Dr.Occult, Madame Xanadu.

Maestro
Baron Mordo, Daimon Hellstrom,Dr Fate.

Sentry
Jennifer Kale with the Tome Of Zhered Na.

Juntai
John constantine mother****er.

long pig
Strange is the greatest non-magical being, magic weilder and keeper of magic knowledge in any of the universes.

Cosmic Flame
Don't forget Agatha Harkness or Urthona.

Dormammu is a Faltinian. His home dimension is energy based (I can't remember if magically or not).

eleveninches
Shazam
Sentinel
Dr Occult
Dr Fate
Dr Strange
dorrmanndu
Dr strange

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by eleveninches
Shazam
Sentinel
Dr Occult
Dr Fate
Dr Strange
dorrmanndu
Dr strange

Dormammu isnt included, read the threadmakers introduction post to see who is applicable

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Strange is the greatest non-magical being, magic weilder and keeper of magic knowledge in any of the universes. Phantom Stranger.

long pig
Phantom Stranger isn't even human, he's some sort of enigma cosmic being.

But good counter....

Juntai
Phantom Stranger isn't even human, he's some sort of enigma cosmic being.

But good counter.... Nobody really knows what or who he is, but it's inarguable that on multiple occasions he's undone Spectre's magic, and always shows up and helps get the process of fixing things going shortly after. He also has been known to.. alongside Spectre.. do errands for The Quintessence, as he sees fit.

Jason Blood/Etrigan is well up there too.
as is Merlin himself.

Black Alice could defeat Strange any day of the week, even if he had prop or not.

There's a rediclous amount of occult characters in the DCU. Probably why Spectre is cleaning up.

long pig
i.e PS is a magic being. Not Valid on this thread. Same for Etrigan and probably Merlin.

Black Alice has little control over her power. Strange womps her.

Juntai
i.e PS is a magic being. Not Valid on this thread. Same for Etrigan and probably Merlin.

Black Alice? It's unknown whether he is a practitioner or a magic being, nothing is known about stranger except that he shows up when shit goes down. Merlin was a halfbreed human/demon, but was quite mortal and Earthly. Etrigan may not count, but Blood is still very formidable even without. And Black Alice is a character who at any time can steal any magic users powers as if they were hers. Strange isn't whomping anyone without his access to magic.. sorry.

long pig
No, her power is to randomly generate and immatate Magic from other D.C magic users. She doesn't even know who or what she will get her power from. One at a time also.

She's a teenager while little experience, Strange is a 5 thousand year old Master.

Strange womps her hard 8/10

Juntai
No, her pwer is to randomly generate Magic from D.C magic users. She doesn't even know who or what she will get her power from. One at a time also.

Strange womps her hard 8/10 Apperently whatever you're reading is old, because she can now control who she gets it from, they tried to use her against the Spectre and she took his power from him at will. She smashes Strange.

And Dr Strange was born in Phillidelphia, **** outa here. lol.

long pig
Nah, she loses horribly. The key words you said were "they" and "tried", meaning she can't do much on her own.

She's powerful but not very good. No control.

Strange 8/10

long pig
And he's over 5,000 years old. He's immortal.

Juntai
Nah, she loses horribly. The key words you said were "they" and "tried", meaning she can't do much on her own.

She's powerful but not very good. No control.

Strange 8/10 She controls the power perfectly, you're just an idiot who has no concept of what the **** he's talking about, the reason it was "THEY" and "TRIED" is THEY, because the Shadowpact came and got her and took her to the battle, and TRIED because after she took the Spectre's power... there was nothing to defeat, because the Spectre IS the power. This would not be the same in her utterly smashing Strange with his own shit!

and BEING BORN IN PHILLIDELPHIA AND GOING THROUGH COLLEGE TO BE A SURGEON AND THEN GETTING INTO A CAR WRECK THAT CAUSED SEVERE NERVE DAMAGE SO YOU COULDNT BE A SURGEON ANYMORE BEFORE BECOMING A PRACTITIONER OF MAGIC DOES NOT PLACE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR 5000 YEARS OLD, CAN YOU ****ING COUNT?! AMERICA IS NOT EVEN 5000 YEARS OLD. IN FACT, HES NOT EVEN OVER 100!

long pig
She's never had perfect control over her powers, when she came back in DOV she still didn't. A drug addicted teenager isn't much of a threat against a 5000 year old master who is Sorcerer Supreme of an entire Universe Dimesion.

I mean, if it comes down to it where she could somehow take his magic, he'd just drop his magic and punch her in the face.

See, this is what happens when you don't know what you're talking about.

Strange is over 5000 years old.

Nearly 100 years here on Earth and 5000 years spent in constant war during the Seven Sphere War. He battled gods and other magical dieties the whole time. wink He didn't age because he's immortal and ageless.

Now ya know.

manjaro
check classicmarvel.com, and click on the magic users section to get a good handle on the illest magic users.

Juntai
She's never had perfect control over her powers, when she came back in DOV she still didn't. A drug addicted teenager isn't much of a threat against a 5000 year old master who is Sorcerer Supreme of an entire Universe Dimesion.

I mean, if it comes down to it where she could somehow take his magic, he'd just drop his magic and punch her in the face.
It's not a matter of IF, she would take it, if she can do it Spectre, Zatanna, Fate, she can do it to Strange. And after that, she'd crush him magically, no 'punching in the face' would happen.

Juntai
Then there's also the Atlantean magic practitioners, who are some of the most elite in the universe.

long pig
You don't understand Strange's magic. It's highly moderated by the Vishanti. It's not "his" to be stolen from. He has no innate born in magic.

In the past, if he's doing something they don't like, they refuse even HIM power. So, if you think a druggie broad she can steal moderated magic from the Vishanti's Avatar, you're crazy.

She'd take it, Vishanti would refuse and give it back to Strange. He is their avatar and champion. She gets jacked HARD.

Juntai
You don't understand Strange's magic. It's highly moderated by the Vishanti. It's not "his" to be stolen from. He has no innate born in magic.

In the past, if he's doing something they don't like, they refuse even HIM power. So, if you think a druggie broad she can steal moderated magic from the Vishanti's Avatar, you're crazy.

She'd take it, Vishanti would refuse and give it back to Strange. He is their avatar and champion. She gets jacked HARD. No, she'd just take it from them directly then. Trust me, if she can take the power of the Spectre, she can take this power. Spectre>>>>> Vishanti.

long pig
It took me a while to grasp her new level. But, seeing she's learned how to control it and such, then she'd definitely take him.

I was wrong before, I just knew of her from the BOP appearances.

But, rogue Spectre is not > Vishanti.

Juntai
It took me a while to grasp her new level. But, seeing she's learned how to control it and such, then she'd definitely take him.

I was wrong before, I just knew of her from the BOP appearances.

But, rogue Spectre is not > Vishanti. Rogue Spectre defeated Shazam, which is of the highest of feats in the DC universe. He is part of the quintessence, probably the 5 most powerful beings in the universe outside of Micheal and Lucifer.... Until Micheal confronts him or the Spear of Destiny comes into play the Spectre is unstoppable.

long pig
The Vishanti are three of the most power beings in the universe as well.
Just one of them was able to stalemate Galactus.

I don't much see anything that makes spectre any more than vishanti.

Juntai
The Vishanti are three of the most power beings in the universe as well.
Just one of them was able to stalemate Galactus.

I don't much see anything that makes spectre any more than vishanti. Spectre is a piece of God itself and can only lose of God deems it so. He has no equal. He's killed Elder Gods, Gods from the previous universe... waved a hand and erased Darkseid from existance, has millions of forms, being the face of God and Vengeance to all races across the multiverse.. Those are three OF the most powerful, SPECTRE is THE most powerful, outside of the will of God itself. Understand?

long pig
A rogue Spectre has been beaten, and been stalemated. Hell, Dr.Fate has given him trouble before.

A rogue Spectre could not beat Galactus, just ONE of the members of the Vishanti was able to do it. Add the rest, and Spectre goes down.

Ultimate Ion
If you read the first post you'll see the likes of Dormammu arent included.

Also Mjolnir doesnt compare to the mystic might of earths most powerful magic practitioners. The likes of Strange and Morgan Le Fay. When you take into account the DC multiverse which is mostly magic based Thor wouldnt make it into a top 10 Rune Thor would. The magic of the runes is nothing to scoff at.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Rune Thor would. The magic of the runes is nothing to scoff at.

Scoobs was referring o classic Thor and more specifically Mjolnir. Rune King Thor is a different matter entirely.

KharmaDog
No one even mentioned Shaman from Alpha Flight?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by KharmaDog
No one even mentioned Shaman from Alpha Flight?

Hes far from the top 10 best magic users in marvel and Dc

xmarksthespot
Do Merlyn and to a lesser extent Roma fit in anywhere?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Do Merlyn and to a lesser extent Roma fit in anywhere?

Theyre magical beings arent they?

xmarksthespot
All I could find on Merlyn's lineage is that he's "allegedly half-demon" which would make Roma a quarter demon... so yes? No? I dunno? lol

joesha28
Dormammu, Shuma Gorath

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by joesha28
Dormammu, Shuma Gorath

Magical beings. They dont count.

long pig
Krugarr.

leonheartmm
in betweener
zom
dr strange
dormammu

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
in betweener
zom
dr strange
dormammu

Dormammu doesnt count nor does the In Betweener

manjaro
i think the point GS is trying to drive home is that beings who are birthed of magic doesnt count, only the ones who study up and chant spells........f ****ing idiots roll eyes (sarcastic) just kidding

Doom is no one to overlook either

Juntai
A rogue Spectre has been beaten, and been stalemated. Hell, Dr.Fate has given him trouble before.

A rogue Spectre could not beat Galactus, just ONE of the members of the Vishanti was able to do it. Add the rest, and Spectre goes down. Rogue Spectre smashed Dr Fate, and some odd thousands of other characters in Day Of Vengeance and it's tie-ins. Spectre has never been defeated that I know of if it didn't involve Gods power AGAINST him, Micheal, or the Spear of Destiny, as it's known to be the only tool that can actually hurt him, regardless of how often he pretends he's being hurt. And he has been the death of Gods, Elder Gods, etc.. .

eleveninches
Rogue Spectre smashed Dr Fate, and some odd thousands of other characters in Day Of Vengeance and it's tie-ins. Spectre has never been defeated that I know of if it didn't involve Gods power AGAINST him, Micheal, or the Spear of Destiny, as it's known to be the only tool that can actually hurt him, regardless of how often he pretends he's being hurt. And he has been the death of Gods, Elder Gods, etc.. . spectre is NOT an incarnation of god. he is just a demon/angel that was cast down by god because of his pacifism in the first heavenly war, and was then forced to act as gods agent of vengeance

black robb
Harry Potter

Juntai
spectre is NOT an incarnation of god. he is just a demon/angel that was cast down by god because of his pacifism in the first heavenly war, and was then forced to act as gods agent of vengeance Wrong in Hal's run on Spectre, the Spectre Force revealed itself to be THE LOGOZ, a piece of God itself.

Juntai
ARION is also one of the most badassed magic users.

eleveninches
Wrong in Hal's run on Spectre, the Spectre Force revealed itself to be THE LOGOZ, a piece of God itself. I got that info about spectre being a demon/angel from some time during corrigan's run.
And corrigan talks to michael about spectre being a piece fo god, but michael just tells him that all things are a piece of god.

Juntai
I got that info about spectre being a demon/angel from some time during corrigan's run.
And corrigan talks to michael about spectre being a piece fo god, but michael just tells him that all things are a piece of god. Yah I know, I own most all Spectre comics... only missing a few, retconned though apperently, the Spectre Force is actually a piece of God's essence full on. Not metaphorically.

stormfront13
galactic, selene is more than a dabbler in magic, she's at mastery level lol.

selene
agatha harkness
margali(winding way)
spiral

^^quickly off the top of my head.

stormfront13
also talisman is very powerful, and could give almost any magical being trouble seeing as she absorbs magical energy and is also at a mastery level of magic.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by stormfront13
galactic, selene is more than a dabbler in magic, she's at mastery level lol.

selene
agatha harkness
margali(winding way)
spiral

^^quickly off the top of my head.

Wherer did you get that info on Selene because shes certainly never displayed immense mystical abilities on panel. In all her battles she relied on her mutant abilities which says it all.

Margali is only powerful when shes at the top end of the winding way.

Spirals hardly worth a mention when we're talking the most power magic users of both marvel and DC

stormfront13
Wherer did you get that info on Selene because shes certainly never displayed immense mystical abilities on panel. In all her battles she relied on her mutant abilities which says it all.

Margali is only powerful when shes at the top end of the winding way.

Spirals hardly worth a mention when we're talking the most power magic users of both marvel and DC

selenes always been on the high end with mystical abilities, i don't know where it's been said, but i thought it was common knowlege that selene was at mastery level of mystics. yeah, i know spirals not that powerful, but she still beat most of the avengers.

GalacticStorm
selenes always been on the high end with mystical abilities, i don't know where it's been said, but i thought it was common knowlege that selene was at mastery level of mystics. yeah, i know spirals not that powerful, but she still beat most of the avengers.

Since on panel Selene has never been shown to have high level mystical abilities she really doesnt make the cut for this thread.

stormfront13
i didn't think there was actually a "cut" for the thread since almost everyone that has ever used magic is being named. but i'm pretty sure selenes magic is supposed to be on par with blackheart, though I'll have to check. though she has worked alongside with blackheart before.

GalacticStorm
i didn't think there was actually a "cut" for the thread since almost everyone that has ever used magic is being named. but i'm pretty sure selenes magic is supposed to be on par with blackheart, though I'll have to check. though she has worked alongside with blackheart before.

As its a thread for the most powerful magic users of both Marvel and DC (as well as other companies) there is indeed a cut. Selene hasnt displayed ability enough to make it.

stormfront13
yet, no one else seems to care about it. almost everyone that has ever used magic strong or weak has been mentioned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.