How long will Lucas continue to take from us

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HOBBE5
After ROTS, I only want "1" DVD BOX OF THE ENTIRE TRILOGY.

No, one BOX set, and two years later, the SUPER SPECIAL EDITION BOX SET, then the Super DUPER SPECIAL DIRECTOR'S CUT BOX SET, etc, etc, etc.

I dont want none of that garbage.

I want:

1 AMAZING DVD BOX SET OF THE ENTIRE TRILOGY WITH MORE ADDITIONS THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK OR LIGHTSABER AT.

If Lucas wants to do a tenth anniversary, or more importantly 25th anniversary, that's fine, but I would hope he'd respect the fans enough to give them want they want, instead of continuing to string them out like he has in the past.

Even if it takes 3 years to put this 1 box set together, as long as it's one and the final one, that's good enough for me.

Darth Sadistic
Let him do it for the 30th anniversary in 2007 with the ultimate box set, all deleted scenes added, etc.

Ast
He isnt taking anyting from anyone, if you dont want to buy it, than dont buy it.

Once I have ROTS I will have all six movies, I dont need any fancy boxset.

The Ones
i can just make one.

HOBBE5
Originally posted by Ast
He isnt taking anyting from anyone, if you dont want to buy it, than dont buy it.

Well I dont want to miss out on a good box set, holding out for the best one, if the others are garbage.

That's why he needs to put out only 1 box set andthat's it. And he does ripoff his fans. Everytime he puts out these packages calling them the best packages around and making it seem like it's the final one.

JenR1215
Originally posted by Ast

blushing... I wish that was easy for ME to say... i get a little obsessed and buy every new thing that comes out. Not really with SW, but...

... I have 4 of one movie... but WITH REASON.

darthmaul1
He only rips you off if you buy it,
What have i bought?
the original box set on VHS 1990
the special edition VHS box set 1997
DVD box set 2004
thats not bad
If they are for sure releasing a box set on the 6th of Dec. if it is the same as the 2004 one he is not ripping you off. He is only ripping of the dolts who like the cover better and buy it again for that.
However if he has tweaked some more stuff like Lukes saber on the falcon in EPIV, then we can say he is ripping us off cause that stuff should of been caught the first time around.
I am hoping it is the same as 2004 issue

JediRobin23
Just buy EP III in november. Then you got them all anyway.

Tangible God
I really wish people wouldn't b*tch about this. Wait till the boxset comes out, till then, rent it. Or borrrow from a friend, one of them's BOUND to have it.

Or are you saying you HAVE no friends?

chinabing
What do you need a box set for? It's just cardboard.

And what will you do when DVD is made obsolete by the next media? Buy the next SW Set on the new platform.

Lucas will NEVER be done with Star Wars. He'll continue to make changes and tweak things. I'd still like to see "Jedi's" sandstorm scene, and the Anchorhead scene with Biggs. Those will come out in due time.

JediRobin23
yeah, to buy a box set is kinda like buying all SW merchandise. If you got all the SW movies(DVD's), then theres nothing to worry about, unless you want all the add ons, whatever they may be, because thats all your paying for. Not trying to spoil anything, but thats just what it is...

Red Superfly
He'll do the Ultimate box set when he needs a neat little retirement fund.

chinabing
Nobody's got a gun to your head to buy it.

jedi-kev
LucASS is an money grabbing bastard. his constant greed never seems to amaze me. He'll never release the original movies I love and yet he continues to rape the O-OT with his tinkering

Jedi Priestess
OK This has gone beyond silly now.

First of all to the thread starter, dont buy the bloody box set if you object to it ffs. erm

Secondly, Lucas is free to squeeze every single cent out of his creation. Im fairly certain that not a one of you wouldnt do this yourselves for heavens sake. smokin'

Third, the whole Lucas raped my childhood, favorite movie etc mantra is getting very old. These are George Lucas's movies, not your birthrights people. Suck it up and shut up about this already. They dont belong to you, you dont own em, you get to have ZERO say in the way they are made or marketed. And the fact of the matter is a great majority of you here werent even the people that gave this movie it's rise to fame because you weren't even born. So quit b!tching about something thats not going to change. This continual whining and gnashing of teeth over a motion picture is shameful considering everything else going on in the world today. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
(nods)

Fair.

jedi-kev
Excuse me JP

Tangible God
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

First of all to the thread starter, dont buy the bloody box set if you object to it ffs. erm

Secondly, Lucas is free to squeeze every single cent out of his creation. Im fairly certain that not a one of you wouldnt do this yourselves for heavens sake. smokin'

Third, the whole Lucas raped my childhood, favorite movie etc mantra is getting very old. These are George Lucas's movies, not your birthrights people. Suck it up and shut up about this already. They dont belong to you, you dont own em, you get to have ZERO say in the way they are made or marketed. And the fact of the matter is a great majority of you here werent even the people that gave this movie it's rise to fame because you weren't even born. So quit b!tching about something thats not going to change. This continual whining and gnashing of teeth over a motion picture is shameful considering everything else going on in the world today. roll eyes (sarcastic) OH! I think I'm in love! JK. But you're totally right.

I love that Avatar.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess Originally posted by jedi-kev
LucASS is an money grabbing bastard. his constant greed never seems to amaze me. He'll never release the original movies I love and yet he continues to rape the O-OT with his tinkering

Third, the whole Lucas raped my childhood, favorite movie etc mantra is getting very old. These are George Lucas's movies, not your birthrights people. Suck it up and shut up about this already. They dont belong to you, you dont own em, you get to have ZERO say in the way they are made or marketed. And the fact of the matter is a great majority of you here werent even the people that gave this movie it's rise to fame because you weren't even born. So quit b!tching about something thats not going to change. This continual whining and gnashing of teeth over a motion picture is shameful considering everything else going on in the world today. roll eyes (sarcastic) Agreed 100%

roughrider
How many people here were actually alive when the original trilogy came out? I was; as a child, I remember the excitement of waiting in line with fans, the earthquake of applause that would break out when the lights dimmed, and how my summers were just wrapped up in seeing the films over and over again. I have no hate for the prequels, nor Lucas' addtions and subtractions on the OT special editons. They belong to him, he can polish them in whatever way he wants. He's telling the story, this is his world, and I've aprreciated it all.

(Still, Han did shoot first - that wasn't neccessary. big grin )

Sir Mist
Lucas will continue to take from me until I have nothing left to give towards his wonderful creationsdroolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.