To Medicate or Not to Medicate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gold Digger
Do you think that we are being over medicated?

Do you think that we should medicate or children?

silver_tears
Yes, and to a certain extent yes to the second question.

FeceMan
Yes, we are overmedicated. Yes, we should medicate our children when appropriate. Yes, we should burn Tom Cruise at the stake.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Gold Digger

I believe our Immune Syste should be able to cope with most things....I don't think that all the medication we get nowadays iks needed.....and especially for kids...I thionk they will get weak if they always get Medicine with little sicknesses......

darth_royke
i personally dont use medicine if i can help it, and havent had to for several years. i'd rather rely upon my own immune system than drugs to help me through an illness, but if its serious i would use medicine

Clovie
painkillers droolio

but seriously. it's insane that people are taking antibiotics to treat a common cold.. this is just making their defense system less efficient.

Spelljammer
Only the radical left always gives medication excuses..
Only the radical right always never excuses medication..

There is a time and a place for everything..
And it's called college.. stick out tongue

Gold Digger
NO NO! I don't mean antibiotics!

Like Valium, Prozac, etc

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
painkillers droolio

but seriously. it's insane that people are taking antibiotics to treat a common cold.. this is just making their defense system less efficient.

Yeah...that's even worse..... Originally posted by Gold Digger
NO NO! I don't mean antibiotics!

Like Valium, Prozac, etc Oh...you are talkign Psycho Drugs.....well those are overused anyways......there'S no doubt aboot it....I mean if you can't deal with your problems properly you should think aboot suicide.......not drugs...

Gold Digger
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah...that's even worse..... Oh...you are talkign Psycho Drugs.....well those are overused anyways......there'S no doubt aboot it....I mean if you can't deal with your problems properly you should think aboot suicide.......not drugs...

Exactly!

I like it's stupid for people to think that they need drugs to live a happy life.

It makes me sick.

And it's even worse when they give it to children to get them to behave. Parents need to discipline their children, not pump them full of drugs

Clovie
but happy-pills are making you happy. huh

Bardock42
Exactly!

I like it's stupid for people to think that they need drugs to live a happy life.

It makes me sick.

And it's even worse when they give it to children to get them to behave. Parents need to discipline their children, not pump them full of drugs
Well i guess there are people who actually are mentally unstable....but I don't really care for them......

And the Children thing...well...children are property anyways....although a good beating is probably better than drugs (more fun I imagine)

Lana
Well, some people do genuinely need meds to deal with things; most mental disorders are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.

However, I do agree that they are over-prescribed. Though in the fields of psychology and psychiatry, it's a case of 'what may work for one person may not for another', so oftentimes they have to try many different things before they find something that works. Some people will only respond to medication, for others meds won't work at all.

Victor Von Doom
It's a bit of a stretch to say yes or no to this, because each case is judged on its merits.

botankus
They just passed a new law in my state banning products such as Sudafed from shelves in stores. As an ingredient of methanphetamines, They will now have limits on the number you can buy, plus they will be over-the-counter and you will have to provide your ID as well.

lil bitchiness
We are overmedicated. There are drugs given out to people all over the place (and not the good ones either)

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Homeopathic remedies and a healthy lifestyle.

Echuu

Yes.

Only under certain curcumstances.

Jedi Priestess
Depends on the circumstance on both questions.

bella mia
Sometimes I think doctors run for the scrips. before looking at the causes and eliminating them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.