Most Overrated Book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheshire_smile
What "good" book do you think doesn't deserve the title?

OR

What book is ranted and raved about so much that it could never live up to its reputation?

(I'm voting for The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.)

Darth_Glentract
Harry Potter books aren't that good IMO. At least, not as good as people say they are.

MildPossession
I have yet to read that book, it's on my reading list, why do you think the book is overrated?

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Harry Potter books aren't that good IMO. At least, not as good as people say they are. they are still good though

cheshire_smile
Originally posted by MildPossession
I have yet to read that book, it's on my reading list, why do you think the book is overrated?

Honestly, it was really good, but it gets ranted and raved about so much that I am, quite frankly, sick of hearing about it. I also felt like the end was a cop out, but it's still definitely worth a read if you haven't yet.

big gay kirk
Harry Potter... Da Vinci Code.... Anything by Jane Austen (except perhaps Northanger Abbey...) most Booker Prize winners....

WindDancer
No Contest the Da Vinci Code is by far the most overrated book in the last 3 years.

cheshire_smile
Originally posted by WindDancer
No Contest the Da Vinci Code is by far the most overrated book in the last 3 years.

I second that. I liked Angels and Demons better... which was also overrated, prior to the Da Vinci Code.

DarkC
Da Vinci Code.

masterkit
With the Harry Potter books when I read them only one chapter could ever really hold my interest with dosing off and having to re-read pages.

Susan-Storm
Uh... I don't think any book is Honestly

Movie_Geek_
Most of the "classics" as them Call them. I tend to find them extremely boring. Like, Where the Red Furn Grows, Black Beauty, Oliver Twist, etc.

LostPirateLord
"Eragon" by Christopher Paolini isn't as great as alot of people told me. I found it too cliched.

Otharia
Most overrated book?

Probably the da vinci code...and it's a rubbish story too.

And the film...gonna be crap.

masterkit
yeah, one of the old books that is overrated is

How to kill a mockingbird

Bardock42
Jane Eyre.....just....no...no expression

Cepheus
Originally posted by WindDancer
no fck'n way! The Da Vinci Code totally deserves its ratings!! Though I like Angels & Demons better... but still DVC is teh shit!
The most overrated book is by FAR the whole LotR series... they're so unbelievably boring

Hegemon875
The Bible stick out tongue

someone797
Lotr series. 2 reasons. Too long. Too boring.

manny321
thE HOBBIT IS MUCH MUCH BETTER.

I say Lord of the flies.

Wow we are talking about the big books ever people.

lord krondor
Well my big joke was going to be stating, "The bible", but that has already been done.

So .....the most overrated book would be, .. .... ... ..Descartes' Meditations. He totally gets it all wrong, but this doesn't stop people from fantasizing of eating his dingleberries. He is so overrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.