Race & Homosexuality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
This kinda started out in the other thread, but this is more appropiate.

I'm sure many have noticed that the dominant figure in the gay community is people of white skin.

But what about blacks? Or Hispanics? Or Arabs? Or Asians?

I think it has to do with a huge cultural difference that allows white people more "room" to come out while those of other races are literally suffocated into the closet do to their culture.

Anyone have thoughts?

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Draco69
This kinda started out in the other thread, but this is more appropiate.

I'm sure many have noticed that the dominant figure in the gay community is people of white skin.

But what about blacks? Or Hispanics? Or Arabs? Or Asians?

I think it has to do with a huge cultural difference that allows white people more "room" to come out while those of other races are literally suffocated into the closet do to their culture.

Anyone have thoughts?

I think it's because other races despise homosexuality

xmarksthespot
Strangely in Iran under Sharia law homosexual male sex carries the death penalty, lesbians receive lashings but gender reassignment surgery for transgender people is condoned by the Shiite clergy.

Inspectah Deck
In Jamaica, homosexuality is so despised it's almost a crime

Darth Revan
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Strangely in Iran under Sharia law homosexual male sex carries the death penalty, lesbians receive lashings but gender reassignment surgery for transgender people is condoned by the Shiite clergy.

It's interesting though, I read that Iran has the highest sex change rate of any country, because when men realize that they are gay and can't hide it, they just get a sex change since the punishment isn't as great.

lil bitchiness
Islamic states mostly have death penalty for homosexuality - and most of those states are in asia or middle east.

Also, China had really strict rules on homosexuality - im not sure if it was punishable by death, but it was an arrestable offense.

While in the west, people are extreamly prejudice, homosexuality has been mostly made legal.

Atlantis001
The state should give attention to more important things, than people sexuality.

lil bitchiness
I agree. I think its this sense of ''moral policing'' that prevails in highly religious countries.

As for China, ''The Party'' was in a sense a religion.

Fishy
China should be happy with gays... Less children, the bastards should stop complaining...

botankus
laughing out loud

Fëanor
Originally posted by Fishy
China should be happy with gays... Less children, the bastards should stop complaining... ouch!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Fishy
China should be happy with gays... Less children, the bastards should stop complaining...

LOL!

But, as long as they do, there will be a large population of little asian babies for happy homo couples to adopt.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I think it's because other races despise homosexuality

I think most people do regardless of race.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I think most people do regardless of race.

That too

Tired Hiker
All I know is that there is this gay black gangster in HBO's, The Wire, and he is the most bad ass villian on television.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
All I know is that there is this gay black gangster in HBO's, The Wire, and he is the most bad ass villian on television.

yes he is a character to go against sterotypes and fictional smile

Tired Hiker
yes he is a character to go against sterotypes and fictional smile

I am a huge fan of this show. Also, their is a lesbian half Asian half Black cop. I liked how McNulty tried to hit on her, and once he realized she was impossible to get, he moved on and saw her as a fellow cop and friend rather than some sexual conquest. Plus, they didn't make it a main story line, it was just something that happened and life just went on.

Tired Hiker
Though the show is fictional, it's gotta be tightly based on realism in the streets of Baltimore. Seriously, watch this show, and you'll see that you can't just make this stuff up.

Whirlysplatt
Though the show is fictional, it's gotta be tightly based on realism in the streets of Baltimore. Seriously, watch this show, and you'll see that you can't just make this stuff up.

laughing out loud right smile laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
Why do you laugh?

Whirlysplatt
Why do you laugh?
your statement was meant to be humorous confused right?

Tired Hiker
your statement was meant to be humorous confused right?

I'm not sure what statement you are referring to. I also know that my television reference may seem a bit ridiculous, but I'm just trying to point out that it reflects reality, and by all means I don't mean that in a general way. In my workplace there are gays, lesbians, straight folks, and it just is not an issue at all. We all work together and hangout together and don't focus on each other's sexual identity, just as the show, The Wire doesn't either. The show emulates that aspect. Sorry if I'm totally misunderstanding you, I just was a bit offended when you laughed at me. Also, I think fiction can greatly reflect reality. Have you seen the show?

Whirlysplatt
I'm not sure what statement you are referring to. I also know that my television reference may seem a bit ridiculous, but I'm just trying to point out that it reflects reality, and by all means I don't mean that in a general way. In my workplace there are gays, lesbians, straight folks, and it just is not an issue at all. We all work together and hangout together and don't focus on each other's sexual identity, just as the show, The Wire doesn't either. The show emulates that aspect. Sorry if I'm totally misunderstanding you, I just was a bit offended when you laughed at me. Also, I think fiction can greatly reflect reality. Have you seen the show?

no I have not seen the show, and yes we do tlerate each other - but it can still be a big issue in real life.

Tired Hiker
no I have not seen the show, and yes we do tlerate each other - but it can still be a big issue in real life. I totally agree. I'm not saying the US is completely tolerant of homosexuality, but many parts of it are. Some people here are stating that the United States is homophobic in general which totally is not true. Many parts of it are, and many parts of it aren't. I just can't stand it when someone comes to the US for a few weeks and thinks they have it all figured out, and by all means I am not referring to you.

Uneeklyconfused
In Jamaica, homosexuality is so despised it's almost a crime

^^.. not only that ..
if you were to openly admit you were homosexual, you Will be disowned if not killed by your family and friends.. to save them from embarrassment.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
^^.. not only that ..
if you were to openly admit you were homosexual, you Will be disowned if not killed by your family and friends.. to save them from embarrassment.

ITs true and thats a bit sad sad

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
^^.. not only that ..

lol, that too. Or constantly called a "battymon"

Whirlysplatt
lol, that too. Or constantly called a "battymon"

aye batty rastah smile takes it up the batty smile

Inspectah Deck

?

Whirlysplatt
?

isn't that what they say in Jamaica, about homosexuals?

smile

Inspectah Deck
No

Whirlysplatt
No

I thought they called them Batty Rasta smile

http://www.rockol.it/rockol/reggae/dizio.htm

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

dragon milly
Being Chinese-American, I have known many people of minority who are gay and they never seemed to have a problem coming out. It just depends on the person and the setting they are presented with.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by dragon milly
Being Chinese-American, I have known many people of minority who are gay and they never seemed to have a problem coming out. It just depends on the person and the setting they are presented with.
agreedsmile

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by dragon milly

Goodies

FeceMan
He's a badass villain with a heart of gold, which is compelmented by his stylized Prada handbag.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by FeceMan
He's a badass villain with a heart of gold, which is compelmented by his stylized Prada handbag. laughing

powerfulone1987
This stuff can't be true.

Uneeklyconfused

I thought they called them Batty Rasta smile

http://www.rockol.it/rockol/reggae/dizio.htm

laughing.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.