How often do you go to the movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mujaffa
i go a couple of times a month... unless it's Star Wars or Lotr then i go five times a week

mechmoggy
Every Sunday with Mrs.MM, Lou (Mrs.MM friend from college) and Carl (Her boyfriend, who I've known since cub scouts).

Sometimes I'll go see a film in the week too, if its a scary or macho one that Mrs.MM won't enjoy.

Mujaffa
well what candy do you bring M&M's

mechmoggy
Sweet popcorn and a diet fanta's usually enough for me. I don't have to be hungry because the popcorn just gives me something to do with my hands during the movie. I went to see Dog Soldiers the other day without buying popcorn and I bit my fingernails (and the skin under my fingernails) to shreds.

I'm a real fidget. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
I bring Zours.

I only go to the movies when a movie I like is out. Then I'll go a few times to see it and wait for the DVD.

Gundark
I only go if its something I really want to see on the big screen. SW of course or something with a lot of action.

LanceWindu
I voted once because AOTC is the first movie I've seen in theaters since Summer Catch in September of 2001

mah
that seldom lance??

Texas
I'll go whenever there's something worth seeing.
Usually once or twice a week.
I live about 5 minutes away from 2 huge Megaplexes and 10 minutes from this fancy arthouse theatre! cool

Corran
I try go at least once a week, sometimes more , sometimes less but it all depends on what's on and how many times I want to watch it!

Bad Boy
Every week for me. Its me job. I'm a film critic!

Corran
You get paid to watch movies and then criticise them - now that's gotta be a good job!

How do I get a job doing that?

Bad Boy
First of all, you basically must have an above average knowledge of film making. Start to watch films in a critical eye and don't just pay attention to the use of camera angles- looks at themes and content too.

Once your happy, begin to write a few reviews and post your best to local papers etc. If they accept you, your up and running.

With local papers, you must have patience. Editors tend to cut your reviews to fit in with their guidelines and sometimes they may look dreadful and amateurish.

Then, you just work your way up the ladder but to do that, you MUST be PUSHY.

You must knowledgeable, brave and smart to be any kind of critic as sometimes you really make comments you wish you never do. Never be judgemental either like that **** Jonathan Ross either.

Corran
Never be judgemental - weren't you just that about Jonathan Woss?? wink

Bad Boy
Er...... yes. Um....... moving on!

ToMacco
I go every week almost.

Texas
I always go after 9pm cause I cant stand it when people bring their annoying little kids into the theater!! mad
People are so inconsiderate! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lara
hardly ever for me, I usually wait for them to come out on DVD, a) it's cheaper b) you dont get annoying little kids in the way, screaming & c) you can wacth it as many time as you like for a minimum cost for a couple of nights.

mah
and d) you miss 90% of the experience

Corran
and e) if you want freshly made popcorn you have to do it yourself!

yerssot
problem is???

Corran
It's too much like hardwork to make your own popcorn, and more fun to go the cinema too!!

yerssot
you can get popcorn you only need to warm, you don't need to pick the corn from the fields anymore, you know

Corran
really, well I never!!!! eek!

Mujaffa
i'd stick to the dvd because you'll get all the scenes

Gundark
Mujaffa does have a point there..

finti
still you miss the bigscreen and audience reaction things

mah
theres' really no reason not to go to the movies, it doesnt cost that much, and if you like it, you'll buy the DVD when it comes out.

finti
right

Mujaffa
you wouldn't miss the surround or the big screen if you got
a) a HUGE TV or a projektor
b) a surround stereo or a sound system that rocks like hell

mah
you would still miss the size, no way can you get that big a screen.

Mujaffa
yes you can... you just need a gigantic wall

mah
you'll never get the size, nor the quality of the cinema on a projector.

Mujaffa
try me

mah
show me the projector which produces a picture as big and sharp as the normal cinemas, and I'll be very surprised.

Mujaffa
your place or mine?

Texas
I think movies look much better on DVD than being projected. You dont get any of those black dots or lines! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
And Today on "Reviews by Mufajja and mah "....

They'll review these new releases...

"What The Parrot Saw"
"Bjork gets Fired"
"Rocky 5000"
"Star Wars : Episode 9"

mah
indeed

finti

Gundark
*lights giant bonfire*

finti
a barbecued toad

Gundark
It stinks.

finti

queeq
Better freeze her up then.

Gundark
I'm not putting those cubes in my drink.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.