Sentry#1 Review.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Meh, I stole the HELL outta this review from CBRF. Jake V I think his name, smart guy, good write up.

Well, he sounds impressed. Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

olympian
Ill probably take a look. Seems interesting at least.

SnakeEyes
I'll pick it up soon enough...

BlaqChaos
I liked it.

Juntai
I read it, seemed well enough, though I have this strange feeling it will quickly lose it's freshness and appeal, and be done away with..

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Juntai
I read it, seemed well enough, though I have this strange feeling it will quickly lose it's freshness and appeal, and be done away with..
That shouldn't be a problem as it's only an 8-issue mini-series.

Whirlysplatt
Iactually thought it was excellent 8 out of 10

8bitChris
Yeah, it was good. I bought it.

armandovalles
I thought it was horrible. The whole Terrax fight was just stupid, all Sentry did was break his hands and his axe, and then he said leave the planet. What would happen if Terrax killed innocents after Sentry left? that had to be the stupidest fight ever. Plus i HATE John Romita Jr's art. Now Drax the Destroyer was ****ing good, not this Piece of shit.

8bitChris
I thought it was a story that had a lot more levels to it than most of the stuff you see being written these days.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I thought it was a story that had a lot more levels to it than most of the stuff you see being written these days.

I agree, although I liked Drax also....

ScarletSpider
A pretty good start, I thought. Interested to see what his status quo is after the series and after the next couple Avengers arcs. Certainly promising, I enjoyed it.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by armandovalles
What would happen if Terrax killed innocents after Sentry left?

Then CLOC would've alerted Sentry to the probability of that happening and Sentry would've just killed Terrax. CLOC did not detect any further threats from Terrax, thus he was allowed to live.

Everyone is saying that they wish he'd fought someone more powerful, but no one's paying attention to the fact that this was just the first issue of a mini-series. You don't show the good fight in the first issue, you save it for last.

willRules
I don't have this issue, it sounds good...........

olympian
How good is Drax? Im interested on it too

Same concept or different?

Draco69
It was amusing. Although it SCREAMED "Superman, Superman" every panel.

I was hoping for a different character. I hoped in vain. Sentry is Superman. With some mental problems. That's pretty much it.

BlaqChaos
Oh please! Any hero that's strong, flys, and wears a cape is gonna be labled a Superman knock-off.

Draco69
On a superficial level, sure. But digging deep into the character, even more so.

The entire "You have the weight of the world on your shoulders" thematics scream Superman. Who else flys around the around non-stop saving the world? Superman. Who else feels overwhelmed with the weight of the world on their shoulders? Superman. Who else does everyone look to, to save their asses? Superman.

All of it. Screams SUPERMAN. The entire mythos of Sentry is one big knock-off.

willRules
is it a good knock off?

Draco69
It's okay. Sentry's just not really appealing to me.

SnakeEyes
The third issue's out. Anyone read it yet?

I did and I think it's pretty good. The Hulk is in it. That's always a plus.

The Ion
#3 was pretty good. Hulk got owned badly. sad

SnakeEyes
Yeah he did. Now Sentry's really depressed.

The Ion
I dunno. This comic gave me the idea that Sentry will beat the Void completely and fairly soon at that. Once Void is gone I bet Sentry will take on the Superman role in the superhero community and be the one true leader.

SnakeEyes
I doubt it. With Thor coming back next year and Captain America already leading the Avengers, I don't think he'll become more like Superman/the "one true leader."
Plus, that would piss off a bunch of people. He doesn't need any more similarites to Supes. I, for one, like the character right now.

Piedmon
Man, The General was awesome.

"Good man, Seargant."

"That's Corporal, Sir."

"Fire, Seargant."

Hah! Too bad the old goat's gone to that great Barracks in the sky.

long pig
I have read a theory that Sentry, is in fact....Marvel Boy!

IT ALL FITS!

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Meh, I stole the HELL outta this review from CBRF. Jake V I think his name, smart guy, good write up.

Well, he sounds impressed. Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

not as impressed as that guy.... 6-7/10

The Ion
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I doubt it. With Thor coming back next year and Captain America already leading the Avengers, I don't think he'll become more like Superman/the "one true leader."
Plus, that would piss off a bunch of people. He doesn't need any more similarites to Supes. I, for one, like the character right now.
I think a friendly rivalry between Cap/Thor/Sentry would be interesting.

roughrider
John Romita Jr. is a very underrated artist. I used to not like him as a kid, because he wasn't like John Bryne or George Perez, or even his father; and perhaps team books like X-Men are not his strength. But his impressionistic style works quite well for single-character books, and he knows how to convey understated, disturbed psychology. Iron Man, Spider Man, Daredevil and Thor has all benefitted from his work. Sentry is still a character in progress, but he looks like the man for him.

SnakeEyes
To be honest, I don't really like his art. There are definitely worst artists... but there are tons of artists that run circles around him. His art isn't that detailed and too cartoonish, in my opinion.

grey fox
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
To be honest, I don't really like his art. There are definitely worst artists... but there are tons of artists that run circles around him. His art isn't that detailed and too cartoonish, in my opinion.

Can i have some scans before i decide......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.