I think I know who Ronin really is!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
With the newest issue of New Avengers that came out yesterday, I've changed my mind about who Ronin is.

Before I tell you who it is, let me explain why it can't be some of the others we've mentioned.

1. Silver Samurai? No. We see Ronin and Silver Samurai in the same frame (while Ronin is spying on Silver Samurai), so it can't be Silver Samurai.

2. Iron Fist? No. He came aboard through without Luke Cage knowing, and Iron Fist has little knowledge of the Hand.

2. Daredevil? No. Captain America again approaches Daredevil to join the team, but DD turns him down for the same reason as before (his identity has been made public and everyone, including the FBI, is out to get him), and he doesn't want to endanger the others with his problems. DD tells Cap that there is a person that he knows that has just as much skill as he has, as much knowledge about the Hand (the ninja sect) that he has, and that he trusts a lot.

When Captain America spoke with Ronin out of costume, we see Ronin from behind. Ronin has long (longer than shoulder length) black hair. Cap is a little uneasy about trusting Ronin because Ronin has had dealing with Kingpin in the past, but since Dardevil vouched for Ronin, that was good enough for Cap. Cap just ask Ronin to try to avoid killing people in possible.

Now, let's take a look at what we have. Someone with the same martial arts training as Daredevil. Someone who knows as much about Hydra and the Hand as Daredevil. Someone who Daredevil trust implicidly. Someone who's had "questionable" dealing with the Kingpin in the past. Someone with long black hair. Someone that Captain America hasn't really ever worked with before. Someone that Cap would feel it necessary to ask to try not to kill anyone if possibly.

Given all of this information, I am forced to conclude that Ronin is in fact...

Elektra!!! In all the hints I've read that Marvel has put out about Ronin, they've never used gender specific pronouns when referring to Ronin.
So, what do you think?

yahman
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
With the newest issue of New Avengers that came out yesterday, I've changed my mind about who Ronin is.

Before I tell you who it is, let me explain why it can't be some of the others we've mentioned.

1. Silver Samurai? No. We see Ronin and Silver Samurai in the same frame (while Ronin is spying on Silver Samurai), so it can't be Silver Samurai.

2. Iron Fist? No. He came aboard through without Luke Cage knowing, and Iron Fist has little knowledge of the Hand.

2. Daredevil? No. Captain America again approaches Daredevil to join the team, but DD turns him down for the same reason as before (his identity has been made public and everyone, including the FBI, is out to get him), and he doesn't want to endanger the others with his problems. DD tells Cap that there is a person that he knows that has just as much skill as he has, as much knowledge about the Hand (the ninja sect) that he has, and that he trusts a lot.

When Captain America spoke with Ronin out of costume, we see Ronin from behind. Ronin has long (longer than shoulder length) black hair. Cap is a little uneasy about trusting Ronin because Ronin has had dealing with Kingpin in the past, but since Dardevil vouched for Ronin, that was good enough for Cap. Cap just ask Ronin to try to avoid killing people in possible.

Now, let's take a look at what we have. Someone with the same martial arts training as Daredevil. Someone who knows as much about Hydra and the Hand as Daredevil. Someone who Daredevil trust implicidly. Someone who's had "questionable" dealing with the Kingpin in the past. Someone with long black hair. Someone that Captain America hasn't really ever worked with before. Someone that Cap would feel it necessary to ask to try not to kill anyone if possibly.

Given all of this information, I am forced to conclude that Ronin is in fact...

Elektra!!! In all the hints I've read that Marvel has put out about Ronin, they've never used gender specific pronouns when referring to Ronin.
So, what do you think?

But Ronnin doesn't have boobs ? confused Only joking mate Kewl theory.

aton_ra
maybe it's a special suit.

willRules
thats very good deductive skills..........

Ultimate Ion
I dunno. Ronin looks too big to be Elektra.

long pig
Ronin has black skin. Check out him getting sliced up by throwing stars, under his suit it's dark skin.

But Elektra seems to be the overall favorite as who people think Ronin is.

Juntai
It's Barry D Allen Aka, Burried Alien aka the fastest man alive.!!

8bitChris
I think it would suck if it is Elektra.

Last thing we need is another street level person who wouldn't be able to do anything to a cosmic threat. The New Avengers is already full of those.

Elektra doesn't bring anything to the table but peak human h2h like the Daredevil. No brains, no computer genius, nada.

No wonder the New Avengers are gonna get chumped by the Thunderbolts.

Juntai
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I think it would suck if it is Elektra.

Last thing we need is another street level person who wouldn't be able to do anything to a cosmic threat. The New Avengers is already full of those.

Elektra doesn't bring anything to the table but peak human h2h like the Daredevil. No brains, no computer genius, nada.

No wonder the New Avengers are gonna get chumped by the Thunderbolts. It's about good comics and the interaction of characters with eachother and that interaction to the plot.. what does it matter if Galactus could beat them up or not?

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
It's about good comics and the interaction of characters with eachother and that interaction to the plot.. what does it matter if Galactus could beat them up or not?

Basically, yeah.

Sentry is on the team now, so they rely on him and C.L.O.C for the heavy jobs.

8bitChris
Originally posted by Juntai
It's about good comics and the interaction of characters with eachother and that interaction to the plot.. what does it matter if Galactus could beat them up or not?

I'm not an Elektra fan. The whole mean "*****" attitude on the Avengers is already occupied by Wolverine.

I'm also not a fan of Sentry doing all the heavy duty work because none of his team can help.

Or a fan of the Avengers struggling with a problem that the Sentry could probably take care of in two minutes.

I hope Ronin isn't Elektra!

Make it Dr. Strange in a Ninja Suit and i'll be happy.

DigiMark007
Doesn't ronin have to beat Sentry at some point?? Or did that happen already? How is Elektra going to do that? Otherwise, interesting theory.

long pig
I think that was a rumor.

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I'm not an Elektra fan. The whole mean "*****" attitude on the Avengers is already occupied by Wolverine.

I'm also not a fan of Sentry doing all the heavy duty work because none of his team can help.

Or a fan of the Avengers struggling with a problem that the Sentry could probably take care of in two minutes.

I hope Ronin isn't Elektra!

Make it Dr. Strange in a Ninja Suit and i'll be happy.
I agree, except for the part about Strange in a ninja suit. They really are a street level team and I hate that.

Quite frankly, Thor needs to get his ass back to the 616-verse and onto this team.

willRules
I know who ronin is SPOILER BELOW

Ronin is.......

My Mother!!

ScarletSpider
I haven't a clue, I'm sure someone could go through a list of Hand trainees, or people with a connection to the Hand, or Yakuza, or the Harada's, or Hydra, and find someone whom Daredevil knows who would fit the clues.

The costume design is stirking, I really like it. Finch did a great job this issue. Can't wait for his Moon Knight. It's the first time I've really enjoyed his work.

Pointinel
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
So, what do you think?

sorry dude it couldnt be her. cuz it seems that cap knows very little about "ronin."

"im not exactly thrilled with what intel i have about you"

^that's what cap said... not verbatim, but you get the point

id say its shang-chi, but that's just me

ScarletSpider
It's not Shang Chi, Shang's Chinese.

It's Hawkeye! Gotta be Hawkeye. Hawkeye, Swordsman III, Ronin, all the same person!

long pig
Aye, Aye!

I have a clue.

It's X23 or whatever the broad's name is, the Wolverine clone. I looked up a site and it had next years solicits which are almost always right and it had a mini series for X23. Guess what it was called?

X23:Ronin.

long pig
Heh, nah.

It's probably either Blade or Black Panther.

8bitChris
I don't think it's X23. Ronin could just be a reference to the whole masterless samurai thing.

Draco69
It's certainly not Elektra. Sure the connection is there. But's it's not her. Elektra eats ninjas for breakfasts. She wouldn't go down that easily.

And no way would she be saying things like "I'm sorry I failed you". Completely out of character.

Pointinel
Originally posted by Pointinel
sorry dude it couldnt be her. cuz it seems that cap knows very little about "ronin."

"im not exactly thrilled with what intel i have about you"

^that's what cap said... not verbatim, but you get the point

id say its shang-chi, but that's just me

^cap doesnt know who ronin is!

so it cant be elektra, blade or black panther!

but it can be x23... but not likely

long pig
Hmm.

Now I actually DO think I know who it is.

Stone, from Stick's secret order called Chaste. He is a very good friend of Daredevil and Elektra, hell, he was the one who resurrected Elektra.

He's built like Ronin (muscle bound dude) with long purple hair, and like Ronin, is a black guy with Elektra level ninja skills. He also has VAST knowledge of the Hand and how they operate.

Captian America would have no idea about him. And in his past, he never would think twice about killing, ever. So, Cap having to tell him not to kill is appropriate.

Also, bendis gave a clue when he said "People who watch Marvel movies will know who he is.". Well, Stone was in the Elektra movie.

Someone mentioned it offhand on another site and I put the peices together and they all fit.

8bitChris
That makes sense.

Whirlysplatt
I think Ronin is Daredevil

8bitChris
Yeah, Marvel has lied before.

vaya_the_elf
oops wrong thread

Whirlysplatt
edit and thanks

thundercracker
i hope it is stone i never see anyone from the chaste anymore (probly cause i dont buy elektra or daredevil) and i miss watchin them kick the crap outta ninjas i have only got up 2 issue 9 anyone got any scans so i can see him slicin people?

long pig
Has anyone thought maybe, Moon Knight?

But in all honesty, I think it's DD too.

I mean, FFS, Cap was talking about how he(Cap) had changed into another set of clothes when he lost his country.

He probably just gave the suit to DD.

K3VIL
Originally posted by long pig
Has anyone thought maybe, Moon Knight?

But in all honesty, I think it's DD too.

I mean, FFS, Cap was talking about how he(Cap) had changed into another set of clothes when he lost his country.

He probably just gave the suit to DD.
When Cap refused to wear the Captain America costume cause governative diktat were something he couldn't accept at the time, he quitted from being Captain America, and became the Captain, wearing a version of his costume with black instead of blue, and a logo with red-write stripes on the chest with a black star, same outfit that he will give to US Agent in the future.
So no way Ronin's costume is that of Cap.
Also if you check, it's nearly obvious that Ronin is Stone.
Physically built, huge, highly skilled, ruthless, and shows no mercy, knowledge of Marvel's criminal organizations, linked to DD.

ScarletSpider
I doubt it's Moon Knight, he's never been a big player regarding Eastern Martial Arts, ninja crap. Plus he has a new mini-series coming out in January wherein they want to re-establish him in the Marvel Universe and make him more readily useable; why would they do that if they were just going to turn him into Ronin?

long pig
K3vil's right, it's pretty much blatantly Stone.

He either grew his hair out or is wearing a long wig.

DigiMark007
Uh, sorry for sounding dumb, but who's Stone??

long pig
Heh, Stone is a black ninja with purple hair with a cennection to Kingpin & the Hand.

When I say it like that, it's too obvious.

joesha28
Bruce banner.

ImmortalOne
Thats just shit Joes !!!!

long pig
'm going to go out on a limb, and say don't be surprised if Ronin is really ... BULLSEYE, Daredevil's most deadly villain.

Think about it in several regards:

1.) Bullseye has had a working relationship with Wilson Fisk in the past.

2.) He worked for the kingpin of Hell's Kitchen (Fisk), a mantle now worn by Matt Murdock.

3.) The Hand gave Bullseye his adamantium skeleton after a battle with Daredevil left Bullseye with every bone in his body broken.

4.) Bullseye uses deadly force and is a master of using several weapons.

5.) Bullseye also fills the role of a character who appeared in a major comic book movie (and was played by Colin Ferrell in "Daredevil"wink.

-Smarty Jones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.