Resident Evil 4....for Ps2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
If there's a thread for the Ps2 version, or anyone feels it should just be merged, do so.

At the beginning I doubted the Ps2's abilities for this game to look at all decent, so did Capcom. At the very beginning of the news about this, Capcom had cut Leon's pixel count from 10,000 to 5,000, and were having problems with porting the game over to the Ps2. Capcom than re-built the game from the ground up, using Ps2's advantages, and disadvantages, by June we could see the game shaping up nicely. While by October it may not be as polished as the GC version, with the shitload of extras, a price tag of $40, and another Platinum collector's set, and a new weapon, or two, it may be worthwhile afterall. Now while I may not re-buy it myself, Ada's five-chapter bonus game, which doesn't replace Assignment Ada either, rises curiousity of course.

Anyone have any certain pics/thoughts/whatever about it?

stunna1773
i mght get it but i doubt it since ps3 will be out next year and so will resident evil 5

Movie_Geek_
I have alredy played it on GC so I do not see a reall reason to get it for PS2 but It would be cool the see the extras.

JToTheP
Originally posted by stunna1773
i mght get it but i doubt it since ps3 will be out next year and so will resident evil 5

What are you TALKING about? RE5 wont be out until at LEAST 2006 Christmas, I will be SHOCKED if its even out in 2006 period.

Deus Ex
Just how much did they add to RE 4 for PS II, anyways? I just finished everything on the GC version and I don't exactly feel like buying another version just for a few guns. Seriously, unless they totally revamped the Merc mode and made it bigger or something, who cares?

stunna1773
Originally posted by JToTheP
What are you TALKING about? RE5 wont be out until at LEAST 2006 Christmas, I will be SHOCKED if its even out in 2006 period.

thats next year derr

JToTheP
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Just how much did they add to RE 4 for PS II, anyways? I just finished everything on the GC version and I don't exactly feel like buying another version just for a few guns. Seriously, unless they totally revamped the Merc mode and made it bigger or something, who cares?

Ada has a new game, with 5 chapters. It shows what she does while you play as Leon. Ada gets new weapons. Leon & Ashley each get a new costume, P.R.L. 412 laser gun, and a new area completely.

JToTheP
thats next year derr

....You missed the point completely. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stunna1773
so wut

Deus Ex
Ada has a new game, with 5 chapters. It shows what she does while you play as Leon. Ada gets new weapons. Leon & Ashley each get a new costume, P.R.L. 412 laser gun, and a new area completely.

Nah, not enough for me.

While the Ada missions sound good (Indeed, I'm surprised they didn't put that in the GC version) what I really want is the ability to play as the Mercs characters in a less... minigame oriented environment. I mean, Krauser and Wesker pwn.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've read from various sources that it is also coming to Xbox. I'd assume this to be a vamped up port of the GC version rather than a rebuild like the PS2 version.

JToTheP
It is NOT coming to the XBox. This is more than a PORT people, they RE-BUILT IT FOR PS2.

JToTheP
Well, it's out today. To be fair since I own it on GameCube, I'm going to be recieving the Premium Edition of this game for Playstation 2 for Christmas. I think we should make this a general thread, as I will be glad to help people who are playing this for the first time. Though I am not 100% sure if any changes to item locations have been made, I will try my best to help if anyone asks, as I've beaten this game soon to be 12 times now. It isn't to brag, but just to show that I do know what I am talking about.

Good luck First-time players, you are in for QUITE the ride!

LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN! eek!

Victor Von Doom

Malibu Stacy Hat syndrome.

DarkC
First time with the Chicago Typewriter = "Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Silverstein
so now nintendo fanboys cant use resident evil 4 as an excuse to say gamecube isnt kiddy...

JKozzy
thats next year derr derrrr

Are you eight years old?

Delays happen quite often. The consules aren't even OUT yet. How will a date speculation satisfy you? They'll be two completely differnet games. That's like saying, well, Final Fantasy XII comes out in 2006, but, oh Final Fantasy XIII will be out on the PS3 sometime in 2007, so that's not worth it.

BackFire
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Malibu Stacy Hat syndrome.

hahaha.

Ast
Originally posted by Silverstein
so now nintendo fanboys cant use resident evil 4 as an excuse to say gamecube isnt kiddy...

Gamecude isnt kiddy. big grin

We still have REmake and RE0. Happy Dance

Just kidding, i dont really give a shit, i love my gamecube though.

JToTheP
I unlocked Separate Ways I love it! The small tweaks to the enemy patterns and such in the main game I find very annoying personally, but that is just me.

Lana

Uhh, I kinda fail to see the logic in that statement.....

Silverstein
Originally posted by Lana
Uhh, I kinda fail to see the logic in that statement.....

ok. some people say that gamecube is kiddy, because a good portion of its game library is kiddy. Nintendo fanboys use games like resident evil 4 to say that the gamecube isnt kiddy, BUT now, they cant use that game for a robutle(unsure of spelling) since it is now MULTI platform!

TwisterGameX
....still the fact thats it's on the cube...

Lana
ok. some people say that gamecube is kiddy, because a good portion of its game library is kiddy. Nintendo fanboys use games like resident evil 4 to say that the gamecube isnt kiddy, BUT now, they cant use that game for a robutle(unsure of spelling) since it is now MULTI platform!

Why can't they? It was made for the Cube first, and only now has it been made available for other systems.

TwisterGameX
If the RE was made for all systems but the GC said it's to violent and said they won't put it on then...

Ast
Just because a game has no gore, that doesnt make it kiddy. Mario and Zelda arent kiddy, they just arent designed solely for older gamers like Mature games are.

Lana
Originally posted by Ast
Just because a game has no gore, that doesnt make it kiddy. Mario and Zelda arent kiddy, they just arent designed solely for older gamers like Mature games are.

Exactly.

Silverstein
can someone define kiddy

Ast
can someone define kiddy

How about games designed especially for children. no expression

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ast
How about games designed especially for children. no expression

laughing they dont have to be designed specifically for children: wind waker, but they could look like they are.

Lana
How it looks has nothing to do with the target audience....ever hear of/play Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64? Definitely not a kiddy game, that, even though the main character was a cute little fuzzy squirrel....

Silverstein
How it looks has nothing to do with the target audience....ever hear of/play Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64? Definitely not a kiddy game, that, even though the main character was a cute little fuzzy squirrel....

ya, but thats conker, its what conker did, that defines him.

ok, my main point is that nintendo fanboys only refer to Resident Evil 4 as a non kiddy game for the cube, they cant think of anything else, and when resident evil 4 is not theirs anymore, then what is there left

Lana
RE4 is first and foremost a GC game. That's the system it was created for originally. Only NOW has it been made for other systems. By that same logic you could say that GTA isn't PS2's anymore because it was ported for other systems.

And quit slamming people as being fanboys for saying the GC isn't kiddy -- more often than not, that I've seen, it's fanboys of other systems who go on about how kiddy the GC is.

Ast
Get him Lana. stick out tongue

Silverstein
RE4 is first and foremost a GC game. That's the system it was created for originally. Only NOW has it been made for other systems. By that same logic you could say that GTA isn't PS2's anymore because it was ported for other systems.

And quit slamming people as being fanboys for saying the GC isn't kiddy -- more often than not, that I've seen, it's fanboys of other systems who go on about how kiddy the GC is.

fine ill stop this whole thing. But RE4 is now a ps2 game as well, not just a GC game.

Victor Von Doom

Exactly.

GC fans don't say it generally unless as a refutation, because the issue only comes up as an unfounded pejorative from the brainwashed.

TwisterGameX
I could careless what you call the gc as kiddy or not. Personaly if it's fun I do not give a damn.

Lana
fine ill stop this whole thing. But RE4 is now a ps2 game as well, not just a GC game.

But it does not in any way change the fact that it is first and originally a GC game.

Anyway, let's try and get back ontopic, k?

Alpha Centauri
ya, but thats conker, its what conker did, that defines him.

ok, my main point is that nintendo fanboys only refer to Resident Evil 4 as a non kiddy game for the cube, they cant think of anything else, and when resident evil 4 is not theirs anymore, then what is there left

Resident Evil will always be a cube game first and foremost. There is absolutely no debating that. It was conceived and created (first) for the cube. Sony did what they did with Code: Veronica. They couldn't get a better game than RE3 so they waited for someone else to do it, then took it back and acted as if it were their own. Not to mention that they are lessening certain aspects of it.

That's coming from me. A passive gamer.

What's the point of saying "Name non-kiddy games", "Resident Evil 4", "No not that." ? I don't get it. Don't ask if you don't like the answers, but don't ask and then say that people can't name a game because you don't like it.

More over, why is anyone a fanboy for mentioning that game? It's there, it was released. Or is it because of the fact that Nintendo actually possess a game that's better than all of Sony's GTA's and slash-em ups put together?

Most people go mad over RE4 because it's arguably the best game ever. Not because it's Nintendo. If it came out on PS2 first and not cube, I'd be saying the exact same thing.

-AC

TwisterGameX
YUP ^ and the fact that if nintendo was a kiddy system then they wouldn't even have RE on the system in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
As Victor said before though, what is kiddy?

PS2 has a dance mat.

Why should games NOT be kiddy? I live in London, if I wanna see cars getting stolen and people getting shot, I'll go to certain places here. There's enough of that shit happening in the real world, so trying to bring it over into games defeats the purpose of games.

-AC

Lana
Hey, no bashing DDR, I love that game stick out tongue

Anyway, it's a good point. All the systems have games aimed at a younger audience or all audiences. Just as all the systems have games aimed at a more mature audience. It doesn't make the system kiddy or anything.

Remember, games are first and foremost for entertainment, nothing else. And sometimes the simplest games, the ones that people say are kiddy, are the most fun.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not bashing DDR you nutter, I'm saying that people shouldn't bash GC for being "kiddy" when PS2 has a dancemat.

Get with the program, square.

-AC

Lana
I'm teasing you, duh roll eyes (sarcastic)

Circle.

Alpha Centauri
You always are, wink.

Triangle (this is actually relevant if you think about it).

-AC

Lana
Haha!!!

Okay, enough derailing the thread.....

Alpha Centauri
You damn sellout! "Enough derailing the thread..."

I don't know you anymore.

(Stopped though).

-AC

TwisterGameX
Oh do continue in here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t374860.html

JToTheP
This is NOT the OTF, STAY.ON.TOPIC.

JToTheP
What the hell is this argument about at all anyway?

RE4 was released for GameCube first, with it's release the Exclusive deal between Nintendo and Capcom was ended.

The deal WAS, REmake Resident Evil 1, make Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4.

Capcom brought the game to Playstation 2, with slight graphical twitches, new in-game tweaks. From what I have heard the Ps2 version is based off the PAL GC version.

The Ps2 version has the P.R.L. 412, Separate Ways, and New Costumes for Ashley and Leon.

GameCube is not a 'kiddy' console. The Resident Evil series for starters, some may be ported, but they are on the console. Zelda is not a child's game anymore, with technology increasing, the creators can make longer/bigger games with larger/more advanced plots.

The Metroid Prime saga is not for children, and Viewtiful Joe is quite difficult.

Eternal Darkness also comes to mind, Killer 7 which may be on Ps2 also, but it IS on GameCube.

Now back to topic:

This is easily the greatest looking Playstation 2 game ever made, with real people involved. Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper come to mind as animated characters. This will go down in Ps2's history as one of the best games, ported or not. The small slowdown is as little as the GameCube version, i.e. in the beginning in the village, blow up 7-8 villagers with a grenade for a small bit of slowdown. Load times aren't that horrible, Separate Ways gives Ada a REASON to be involved at all. I don't have the P.R.L. but from what I hear it is great.

That should cover anything that derailed this thread.

Lana
This is NOT the OTF, STAY.ON.TOPIC.

Um, I will tell people to stay on topic, thanks....

§P0oONY
PS2 Resident Evil 4 (with added stuff) = Many pissed of Gamecube owners.

Last time I checked I owned a Gamecube...

Get the picture no expression

JToTheP
Um, I will tell people to stay on topic, thanks....

Lana I only asked that so the damn thread didn't get closed. A mod doesn't always HAVE to say that.

Lana
If I felt the thread needed closing, I'd do it. I myself have asked for it to stay on topic because I'd rather not have to close it.

JToTheP
I---Yes m'am. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
stick out tongue

Anyway, if I had the available funds right now, I'd get this....but I kinda don't.

BackFire
RE4 owns, best console game of the year so far, IMO.

Lana
From what I've heard and seen of it, it seems like it's an awesome game. I want to play it, even though the RE games have a tendency to scare the hell out of me.

Arg....too many games I want.....

TwisterGameX
From what I've heard and seen of it, it seems like it's an awesome game. I want to play it, even though the RE games have a tendency to scare the hell out of me.

You will crap yourself with this game then and the controls are the best EVER. (I borrowed my friends game and will never return it evil face )

BackFire

Really? You should try Silent Hill, infinitely more frightening then any RE game.

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
Really? You should try Silent Hill, infinitely more frightening then any RE game.

Another game series I've been meaning to play for ages....

TwisterGameX
Another game series I've been meaning to play for ages....

Lana, I can not stand to see you like this cry You are missing out on all the fun crybaby
I CAN'T TAKE IT death

JToTheP
stick out tongue

Anyway, if I had the available funds right now, I'd get this....but I kinda don't.

Go rob George bush. stick out tongue

Lana
Go rob George bush. stick out tongue

shifty laughing

Alpha Centauri

JToTheP
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah. The picture being that you're pissed about them getting an extra gun and a tin box.

I'm sure people who saw Star Wars at the cinema originally aren't pissed at the people who saw it with newly added digital scenes.

Get the picture?

-AC

*RE4 Ps2 spoilers*

THREE additional guns
an additional scenario.

Ada's chapters 4 & 5 are new/extended areas, and one new exclusive boss.

The Special Editions are trash compared to the originals Lucas only made them to appeal to the new generations before the prequal 'saga'.

Alpha Centauri
*RE4 Ps2 spoilers*

THREE additional guns
an additional scenario.

An additional scenario as a bonus. It's like bonus tracks on an album, good? Yeah. Fitting? No. The rest is BS. Guns and clothes, means nothing.

The fact that you get an invincible-rendering suit just means that it's making it easier for people who lack the skill to play the game. The kind of people who will play through a game with the infinite life/ammo cheat and still feel they applied skill to do it.

Ada's chapters 4 & 5 are new/extended areas, and one new exclusive boss.

As above. They're either new or they're extended, which are they? Extended.

The Special Editions are trash compared to the originals Lucas only made them to appeal to the new generations before the prequal 'saga'.

Yes. My point was, why be bothered that PS2 owners are getting the above BS? I'm sure original fans weren't bothered when the new generation got the edited Star Wars. It didn't add anything for any real purpose, only for people who were easily impressed.

-AC

JKozzy
Though, overall, if I was a solo consule owner and had a PS2, this would be great. But I have both systems, but the game for neither. I get the feeling I'd have an overwhelming response telling me to go for the Gamecube version over PS2.

JToTheP
An additional scenario as a bonus. It's like bonus tracks on an album, good? Yeah. Fitting? No. The rest is BS. Guns and clothes, means nothing.

The fact that you get an invincible-rendering suit just means that it's making it easier for people who lack the skill to play the game. The kind of people who will play through a game with the infinite life/ammo cheat and still feel they applied skill to do it.

As above. They're either new or they're extended, which are they? Extended.

Yes. My point was, why be bothered that PS2 owners are getting the above BS? I'm sure original fans weren't bothered when the new generation got the edited Star Wars. It didn't add anything for any real purpose, only for people who were easily impressed.

-AC

How is an additional 6-hour scenario like a couple of bonus tracks on a cd?

Considering it gives Ada a purpose in the game anyway.

No, the costume is there so you can shoot Ashley yourself, hell I didn't even use it yet, and I wanna use grenades on her. If the player 'lacks the skill' to play the game, they wouldn't beat it to unlock the costume anyway.

No, in Chapter 4 there is a new area in which Ada must make her way outside so she can: fight Krauser and kill him herself.

Whatever Capcom's logic to add the bonuses was probably so people who play it for the first time get the full game, and so GC owners would re-buy it anyway.

Victor Von Doom

Whatever Capcom's logic to add the bonuses was probably so people who play it for the first time get the full game, and so GC owners would re-buy it anyway.

I'm thinking the latter.

Alpha Centauri
How is an additional 6-hour scenario like a couple of bonus tracks on a cd?

Considering it gives Ada a purpose in the game anyway.

Because her additional scenario on the original game gave her purpose. Sony are just making you do more to the same conclusion.

No, the costume is there so you can shoot Ashley yourself, hell I didn't even use it yet, and I wanna use grenades on her. If the player 'lacks the skill' to play the game, they wouldn't beat it to unlock the costume anyway.

Shooting Ashley makes the game better to you? That's just stupid isn't it? I know someone who's shit at Resident Evil's. So he either buys walkthroughs, plays it with a more experienced player there, or plays it on easy. Completing a RE can be done without skill. No unskilled player could complete it on normal or harder without help or cheats etc. It's a pointless addition.

"Come on man, what's better?" "You get it in a shiny tin box and can destroy Ashley!" "WHOA! SWEET! I JUST WANNA PAY FOR IT RIGHT NOW!"

No, in Chapter 4 there is a new area in which Ada must make her way outside so she can: fight Krauser and kill him herself.

This isn't adding to the story. She kills Krauser, it's just an alternate route. It has no ultimate bearing on the game. You've been sucked into paying for a new coat for your action man. You've accepted paying for it, accept that you fell for it.

Doesn't alter the fact that they've not done much. The sad thing is, PS2 fanboys will claim that it's the better game. Despite the graphics being worse and the additions meaning nothing.

-AC

BackFire
I wish I could shoot ashley all I want. But I was satisfied with being able to get her to call me a "pervert".

Alpha Centauri
I knew, somehow, that you'd make that comment.

-AC

BackFire
Yeah, being able to shoot her all you want is a nice novelty, though I would have prefered having a nude/french maid model, but no, sex and nudity would obviously offend people playing games where you can execute a 18 year old girl and blow up crazy villagers with bombs.

Alpha Centauri
Out of curiousity, because I have always thought you were slightly off-key, do you let Dr. Salvador (the chainsaw guy) kill you?

You're obviously a fan of masked men wielding power tools.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Yeah, being able to shoot her all you want is a nice novelty, though I would have prefered having a nude/french maid model, but no, sex and nudity would obviously offend people playing games where you can execute a 18 year old girl and blow up crazy villagers with bombs.

eek

Lana

Rather ridiculous, isn't it.

stick out tongue

I get your point though laughing out loud

BackFire
I didn't really let him, it just kinda happened. The first time I faught him I wasn't prepared and he just ran up and decapitated me....it was glorious.

Victor Von Doom
I wish I could shoot ashley all I want. But I was satisfied with being able to get her to call me a "pervert".

That made the game, for me.

BackFire
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That made the game, for me.

Same here. Just like in real life, I LOVE when girls call me a pervert, let's me know that I'm doing something right.

Lana
Pervert.

stick out tongue

BackFire
I love it.

TwisterGameX
laughing Things that Backfire says.

JToTheP
Because her additional scenario on the original game gave her purpose. Sony are just making you do more to the same conclusion.

Shooting Ashley makes the game better to you? That's just stupid isn't it? I know someone who's shit at Resident Evil's. So he either buys walkthroughs, plays it with a more experienced player there, or plays it on easy. Completing a RE can be done without skill. No unskilled player could complete it on normal or harder without help or cheats etc. It's a pointless addition.

"Come on man, what's better?" "You get it in a shiny tin box and can destroy Ashley!" "WHOA! SWEET! I JUST WANNA PAY FOR IT RIGHT NOW!"

This isn't adding to the story. She kills Krauser, it's just an alternate route. It has no ultimate bearing on the game. You've been sucked into paying for a new coat for your action man. You've accepted paying for it, accept that you fell for it.

Doesn't alter the fact that they've not done much. The sad thing is, PS2 fanboys will claim that it's the better game. Despite the graphics being worse and the additions meaning nothing.

-AC

Do you always try to alter the fact and bicker like this?

Shooting Ashley seems ENTERTAINING to me.

It isn't an alternate route you narrow-minded dickhead. While you are fighting Krauser, Leon is down below in the room where he needs to press the two buttons to unlock the two doors. You can hear him fighting and using the Handgun & TMP.

How are the graphics WORSE at all? A few trees have been taken out? OH NO! HOW TERRIBLE LET ME USE MY OBVIOUS HATRED FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2'S WEAKER HARDWARE TO SAY THE GAME IS SHIT. You have "QUITE" the great argument there.

Pull your head out of your ass, it's the greatest looking Playstation 2 game ever. A few trees are missing, load times added, and an overall darker game to add to the mood.

With active working flashlights in the game at night areas, true widescreen, progressive scan, new costumes, a 6-hour added scenario which shows some parts of the game you didn't see as Leon, an exclusive boss, three new weapons, and also learning with the parasite Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella. I'd say that is quite a decent deal for a re-purchase to a game that some people actually ENJOY, instead of DESECTING by PICTURE.OF.TWO.GAME.VERSION.COMPARISONS. You are a pathetic fanboy AC, get over yourself, you are above no one here, you are not smarter than anyone here. You choose to pick apart the game via the screenshot comparisons on the internet, you probably have not even played the damn game on the Playstation 2 at all, and you won't why? OH A RE-PURCHASE IS SO HORRIBLE OH MY GOD!

Victor Von Doom
and also learning with the parasite Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella.

This was apparent from the proper version.

Lana

It isn't an alternate route you narrow-minded dickhead. While you are fighting Krauser, Leon is down below in the room where he needs to press the two buttons to unlock the two doors. You can hear him fighting and using the Handgun & TMP.

How are the graphics WORSE at all? A few trees have been taken out? OH NO! HOW TERRIBLE LET ME USE MY OBVIOUS HATRED FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2'S WEAKER HARDWARE TO SAY THE GAME IS SHIT. You have "QUITE" the great argument there.

Pull your head out of your ass, it's the greatest looking Playstation 2 game ever. A few trees are missing, load times added, and an overall darker game to add to the mood.

With active working flashlights in the game at night areas, true widescreen, progressive scan, new costumes, a 6-hour added scenario which shows some parts of the game you didn't see as Leon, an exclusive boss, three new weapons, and also learning with the parasite Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella. I'd say that is quite a decent deal for a re-purchase to a game that some people actually ENJOY, instead of DESECTING by PICTURE.OF.TWO.GAME.VERSION.COMPARISONS. You are a pathetic fanboy AC, get over yourself, you are above no one here, you are not smarter than anyone here. You choose to pick apart the game via the screenshot comparisons on the internet, you probably have not even played the damn game on the Playstation 2 at all, and you won't why? OH A RE-PURCHASE IS SO HORRIBLE OH MY GOD!

Excuse me. There is no need for name calling.

Alpha Centauri

Alter what fact? Bicker? You mean reply to you? Sounds like you just don't like the idea that you're talking bs.

Right. So this, to you, makes it a better game? Being able to shoot a character that you couldn't shoot before, with NO impact to the game whatsoever? When you press that X button, will you go "WHOOAAA! This is SO much better!" Hmm?

Yeah, the ending is the same isn't it? It doesn't alter the outcome or story. So if the ending is the same but the ROUTE is different....it's an....? ALTERNATE ROUTE, thank you please.

Well it is weaker hardware, as you said. The graphics are more jagged, less smooth. I had a PS2 before most people in the UK, so how you can say I hate it is stupid. Chill out, are you on the blob or something?

Exactly, and it's still nowhere near as good as the original Cube version. Factually. Well, the only reason you'd think it was better is because you're impressed by a new gun, an alternate route and new LOAD TIMES. Hahaha, how lame. Oh oh...and let's not forget the genre-bending addition of being able to shoot Ashley. Pfft.

Darker game? How? Tell me how it's darker, in your non-credible opinion.

With active working flashlights in the game at night areas, true widescreen, progressive scan, new costumes, a 6-hour added scenario which shows some parts of the game you didn't see as Leon, an exclusive boss, three new weapons, and also learning with the parasite Wesker is going to re-establish Umbrella I'd say that is quite a decent deal for a re-purchase to a game that some people actually ENJOY, instead of DESECTING by PICTURE.OF.TWO.GAME.VERSION.COMPARISONS.

Working flashlights......yet it's a darker game? That's taking AWAY the fear element and making it easier. Why is that such an awesome addition? It's a FLASHLIGHT for crying out loud. Silent Hill 1 had flashlights on the ORIGINAL Playstation. Did you go made over being able to ride a BMX in San Andreas?

Next: True widescreen and progressive scan, nothing to do with the game WHATSOEVER. Let's see what else you got: New costumes? That makes it a better game? A new sprite? Hahaha. Too funny. If a new COSTUME has suckered you into believing it's a better game, you'll buy anything.

It's not an "exclusive" scenario. It's the one from the GC version made longer. It doesn't add anything to the game, at all. It's an alternate route. The outcome is the same, it doesn't ADD anything dramatically necessary to the storyline. That's a fact.

Alternate boss? Ooooh! I can see that YOU aren't easily impressed. Krauser isn't alternate is he? No.

Three new weapons? SO WHAT?! Why is all this making it a BETTER game and not just the same game with a few added bits? (Which is what it is). Why? You learn about the parasite in Assignment Ada on the Cube. You're being ripped off.

You are a pathetic fanboy AC, get over yourself, you are above no one here, you are not smarter than anyone here. You choose to pick apart the game via the screenshot comparisons on the internet, you probably have not even played the damn game on the Playstation 2 at all, and you won't why? OH A RE-PURCHASE IS SO HORRIBLE OH MY GOD!

I am actually quite smarter than you because you're an unintelligent cretin who buys whatever comes in nice packaging with a few new guns. You call me a fanboy yet I've just shown you exactly why you are the biggest fanboy here.

To quote the great Chris Tucker: Clean yo'self off, you deead.

-AC

JToTheP
Alter what fact? Bicker? You mean reply to you? Sounds like you just don't like the idea that you're talking bs.

Right. So this, to you, makes it a better game? Being able to shoot a character that you couldn't shoot before, with NO impact to the game whatsoever? When you press that X button, will you go "WHOOAAA! This is SO much better!" Hmm?

Yeah, the ending is the same isn't it? It doesn't alter the outcome or story. So if the ending is the same but the ROUTE is different....it's an....? ALTERNATE ROUTE, thank you please.

Well it is weaker hardware, as you said. The graphics are more jagged, less smooth. I had a PS2 before most people in the UK, so how you can say I hate it is stupid. Chill out, are you on the blob or something?

Exactly, and it's still nowhere near as good as the original Cube version. Factually. Well, the only reason you'd think it was better is because you're impressed by a new gun, an alternate route and new LOAD TIMES. Hahaha, how lame. Oh oh...and let's not forget the genre-bending addition of being able to shoot Ashley. Pfft.

Darker game? How? Tell me how it's darker, in your non-credible opinion.

Working flashlights......yet it's a darker game? That's taking AWAY the fear element and making it easier. Why is that such an awesome addition? It's a FLASHLIGHT for crying out loud. Silent Hill 1 had flashlights on the ORIGINAL Playstation. Did you go made over being able to ride a BMX in San Andreas?

Next: True widescreen and progressive scan, nothing to do with the game WHATSOEVER. Let's see what else you got: New costumes? That makes it a better game? A new sprite? Hahaha. Too funny. If a new COSTUME has suckered you into believing it's a better game, you'll buy anything.

It's not an "exclusive" scenario. It's the one from the GC version made longer. It doesn't add anything to the game, at all. It's an alternate route. The outcome is the same, it doesn't ADD anything dramatically necessary to the storyline. That's a fact.

Alternate boss? Ooooh! I can see that YOU aren't easily impressed. Krauser isn't alternate is he? No.

Three new weapons? SO WHAT?! Why is all this making it a BETTER game and not just the same game with a few added bits? (Which is what it is). Why? You learn about the parasite in Assignment Ada on the Cube. You're being ripped off.

I am actually quite smarter than you because you're an unintelligent cretin who buys whatever comes in nice packaging with a few new guns. You call me a fanboy yet I've just shown you exactly why you are the biggest fanboy here.

To quote the great Chris Tucker: Clean yo'self off, you deead.

-AC

AC you just have nothing better to do with your life than to try to prove people wrong. I'd rather be who I am than some arrogant nerdy piece of shit like you, I really wish people like you would take the advise of your music and go kill yourselves. I'm sure you aren't only bothering me in this thread, but anyone who bought the game for the Playstation 2 as well. Go shove your little "intelligent" remarks up your ass....and please....go hang yourself, slit your wrist, whatever your punk rock gothic bullshit music tells you to do.

You constantly come into threads like this and try to be the all-mighty master of intelligence. It is people like you who cause the average person to go nuts in their own possible way. You analyze every ****in tiny thing about everything, you are so anal. You honestly need a hobby or to get a life. Log off KMC, go do something with your life, or just end your life. I honestly don't give a shit, but stay out of my threads. I don't care if this is a public forum, I don't want to see your smartass remarks in anymore of my threads.

This will probably be deleted before you see it, but AC: ****.YOU.KILL.YOURSELF.

Alpha Centauri
AC you just have nothing better to do with your life than to try to prove people wrong. I'd rather be who I am than some arrogant nerdy piece of shit like you

What a radical new approach! You have nothing to say so you resort to insults. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get back on topic soon. Oh, nope...wait:

I really wish people like you would take the advise of your music and go kill yourselves. I'm sure you aren't only bothering me in this thread, but anyone who bought the game for the Playstation 2 as well. Go shove your little "intelligent" remarks up your ass....and please....go hang yourself, slit your wrist, whatever your punk rock gothic bullshit music tells you to do.

Punk rock gothic bullshit music? Hahahahaha. What are you TALKING about? You clearly have absolutely NO clue what you are saying, thinking, seeing or hearing. Way to make a complete mug of yourself you stupid little boy.

I should KILL myself because I smashed your argument? Bit unfair isn't it? I mean, you could just reply and smash mi....oh wait. You CAN'T can you? Hence why you're doing this.

You constantly come into threads like this and try to be the all-mighty master of intelligence. It is people like you who cause the average person to go nuts in their own possible way. You analyze every ****in tiny thing about everything, you are so anal. You honestly need a hobby or to get a life. Log off KMC, go do something with your life, or just end your life. I honestly don't give a shit, but stay out of my threads. I don't care if this is a public forum, I don't want to see your smartass remarks in anymore of my threads.

I can't take responsibility for your stupidity, can I? If you can't hold your own in debates, that's not my fault. What you SHOULDN'T do is come into debates, get whooped after using name calling only to come back and make it personal purely because YOU can't back yourself up. I'll go wherever the hell I want. It's a public forum. I won't keep out of your threads just because you can't handle me whooping you.

I replied regarding the actual topic, you replied with some fat suicide request. And I'm ruining the thread? What a f*cking moron you are.

This will probably be deleted before you see it, but AC: ****.YOU.KILL.YOURSELF.

Hahaha, so funny.

So, Resident Evil 4? Got anything to say about my reply to yours, regarding the game?

-AC

Lana
JtotheP, I already said once to lay off the name calling. This is an official warning. Cut the crap, now.

JToTheP
Tell him to keep his smart ass shit out of the thread.

TwisterGameX
I guess video games do make you more violent.

Alpha Centauri

The ironic thing is, I replied ON TOPIC and because you didn't like what I wrote (and coincidentally couldn't counter it) you sent me a barrage of insults, told me to kill myself and stay out of the thread.

Why am I the one who is being requested to leave? I did nothing but reply to you and you decided to have a temper tantrum like a little b*tch.

Nobody else has had a problem with me to the degree that you have, BESIDES you. Either accept that I shut you up, reply politely or stay shut up.

Got it? Get it.

-AC

Lana

He is not the one bashing and name calling. I asked you once to stop already and you didn't. I will tell you one last time to stop. Do NOT start the name calling again.

TwisterGameX
This how wars start around the world...Over RE4...

JToTheP
Lana he is INSTIGATING which CAUSED the 'name calling'. I honestly wish moderators would look at the INSTIGATORS other than the people who REPLY.

Twisted, it isn't just RE4, it's any game that's been ported to any console ever.

Lana
I've read all the posts. Nothing that has been posted warranted any name calling and bashing of the sort that you've been doing. If you felt he was instigating, then report the damn posts or tell ME instead of resorting to bashing.

I said to quit, so quit. Drop it, now.

powerfulone1987
He is not the one bashing and name calling. I asked you once to stop already and you didn't. I will tell you one last time to stop. Do NOT start the name calling again.

Not that I should say anything, but he did call him a little b!t@h.

is it comprehensible.....

JToTheP

Why am I the one who is being requested to leave? I did nothing but reply to you and you decided to have a temper tantrum like a little b*tch.

-AC

powerful gets the award.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, I called you a little b*tch cos you're acting like one. It's a lot different than you calling me a dickhead, pathetic and telling me to kill myself.

Powerful one is bitter because he got owned, don't get too happy that he came to support you.

Lana he is INSTIGATING which CAUSED the 'name calling'. I honestly wish moderators would look at the INSTIGATORS other than the people who REPLY.

Twisted, it isn't just RE4, it's any game that's been ported to any console ever.

I didn't instigate anything. I can't MAKE you reply. You typed the words and clicked submit, I didn't. Nor did I make you, it was your decision. You had two choices:

A) Reply on topic.

B) Throw a tantrum.

You chose B. The bed is made, sleepytime.

-AC

JToTheP
Nope, no bed is made, you are an instigator and that is all.

Anyone of us could probably beat your ass in a physical fist fight, but you like to be the internet nerd.

Lana
Okay, this has gone far enough.

ONE more off topic hostile post, and the thread gets closed.

END.

OF.

STORY.

I will NOT have this sort of crap going on!

JToTheP
YAY another thread with a logical purpose closed by a douchebag who has nothing better to do but be a smart ass!

Good luck to all the first-time RE4 players, since no one can help you now with the thread closed! Sorry to all of you, I offered help!

Alpha Centauri
Nope, no bed is made, you are an instigator and that is all.

Anyone of us could probably beat your ass in a physical fist fight, but you like to be the internet nerd.

Hahahaha, laughing at both of those claims.

I replied about RE 4, you replied about me. What more is there to say? Don't try and blame me for this thread being threatened. I replied about the game, you chose to go on a futile rampage.

Are you going to reply to my post about the game or is the thread gonna end up getting closed?

-AC

JToTheP
Your post about the game contains bashing it for being a port and people re-buying it. It isn't a valid post at all.

Alpha Centauri
I'll ask you again. Please stop dodging it because it counters every point you made:

Are you going to reply to my post (I didn't bash the game any more than you ejaculated over it) about the game, or are you going to keep this pretence up of trying to blame me for the decline of the thread?

Come on, you can do it. Because now I've put you in a position of either saving the thread or continuing and completing the hypocritical circle. We both know you started what I finished, so...lets just continue with game discussion shall we?

-AC

TwisterGameX
roll eyes (sarcastic) and it continues

Alpha Centauri
I'm asking him to reply to my game post so we can move on. If he's too afraid to get owned on topic again, it's not my fault.

-AC

JToTheP
Yes, and my original point is missed. Why? Because most of the mods here dislike me so very much. Why? Who knows since I don't instigate I just reply.

JToTheP
I'm asking him to reply to my game post so we can move on. If he's too afraid to get owned on topic again, it's not my fault.

-AC

Your threats to 'own' me are completely pathetic and ridiculous.

TwisterGameX
Alrightie then now back on topic. So you guys bought the ps2 one...is the graphics and the loading time any good.

Alpha Centauri
This is only proving my point.

You say "Man you are such an *******. I hope you kill yourself." I own you, you whine. I say "Fine, go reply to my on topic post." You say "You ruined the thread!" I say "Go reply to my on topic post then" You say "YOU RUINED THE THREAD! YOU INSTIGATOR!"

Why not just go reply? Seriously. I replied on topic, you hated it so you started bashing me. It's that simple. I'm not gonna make you feel bad for getting your argument smashed, but I'm saying I'll drop this if you reply to my relevant post.

Don't complain that your thread is going down when you aren't helping to save it.

-AC

Lana
Alright, this hostility has gone far enough. I'm closing this thread for the time being, once I decide you can continue the discussion without bashing I'll reopen it.

And just as a note: I don't want to see any of the arguing like what happened in here. It's possible to disagree without resorting to namecalling and bashing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.