Does anyone else hate Nirvana?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Just wondering.I can't stand them and I think they where way over done and hyped.

Bardock42
Overhyped indeed.....I like them though...they are pretty good....

Morgoths_Wrath
nah, I dig Nirvana

mr.smiley
Pretty cool responses guys.I was expecting people just to come in here in bash me for bashing them (which will still probably happen).

Bardock42
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Pretty cool responses guys.I was expecting people just to come in here in bash me for bashing them (which will still probably happen).

Well, i can understand why some people don't like them...I mean I personally don't find them special....they make good Music but nothing I consider as great.

sweetness
No i never liked them either. i could never understand what the big deal was, i mean at their time there was loads of other equally talented bands

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by sweetness
No i never liked them either. i could never understand what the big deal was, i mean at their time there was loads of other equally talented bands

It was more about attitude and politics than music. That's why they have a high standing. This was magnified by Kurt's death.

They are overrated, but I like them.

RedAlertv2
yeah i think theyre pretty cool

bardock
Originally posted by mr.smiley

**** you ****in noob peice of shit. you probably like it in the ass from big hairy men dont you.you fukin sanch

just kiddin. but i do like nirvana though

tabby999
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It was more about attitude and politics than music. That's why they have a high standing. This was magnified by Kurt's death.

They are overrated, but I like them.

thats about where i stand on this one too

Ladyluck
F*ck you! Nirvana is one of the greatest bands ever! They're lyrics are amazing and the music is just wonderful. Nirvana popularized the punk, indie rock, and alternative sound and made a great impression on the grunge scene.

I do agree, however, that they are overrated. This is mainly because of their drummer, Dave Grohl. But you can't argue that he is one of the greatest musicians to date.

NIRVANA RULES!!! punk

*cough*

I'm done. happy

el_barto
I love em, but yeah they are overhyped.

Swanky-Tuna
Agreed. Loved but overhyped.

Lana
Originally posted by Ladyluck
F*ck you! Nirvana is one of the greatest bands ever! They're lyrics are amazing and the music is just wonderful. Nirvana popularized the punk, indie rock, and alternative sound and made a great impression on the grunge scene.

I do agree, however, that they are overrated. This is mainly because of their drummer, Dave Grohl. But you can't argue that he is one of the greatest musicians to date.

NIRVANA RULES!!! punk

*cough*

I'm done. happy

They've become as overhyped as they are because of Kurt's death, not because of Dave Grohl....

Anyway, I like Nirvana a lot, I've listened to them since I was three years old, and I've had Nevermind since it came out (when I was all of 5 years old). However, I do agree that they are certainly overrated.

Afro Cheese
Used to like them.. got old pretty fast though.

JenR1215
I'm sure poeple dont like them, The're a group where you have like i AT LEAST ONE song.. ya-no?

Df02
hate em

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Used to like them.. got old pretty fast though.

That's how I feel.To me them and Metalica are in the overplayed radio category.

nick1811
never like them, never will

chops
Nirvana are one of the many favirote bands i listen to.

cool_dudes_rule
nirvana are good not exactly one of my favorites though.

Imaginary
I like them, but overrated. Definitely.

Darth Jello
well, they never released their best stuff, not until the recent box at least, and even then there's lots of other really good stuff that's shelved. They helped end shitty generic hair metal and basically did for the corporate rock scene what flipper, the adolescents, tsol and the dead kennedys did for punk rock.

Grimm Reaper
Only recently got into them but I got the album Nevermind and I love it! In my opinion Lithium is the best song off that album! But Nirvana are awesome. They may be overrated but I only recently REALLY got into them so I don't really here much about them publicity wise so hey! Who cares, eh?!

VoodooChile89
Nirvana isn't really my thing... yes, I will admit that Kurt Cobain could write a good song... but he could not play a good song... his guitar playing was horrible and he couldn't sing to save his life... but I guess that's what grunge is all about... but there are so many grunge bands out there that are better then Nirvana... like Soundgarden or Pearl Jam... and I guess Alice In Chains is considered grunge sometimes... and they're good as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.