quinlan vos vs. qui-gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mace=badass
who fares better?

Deus Ex
Qui-Gon would get owned.

Darth_Glentract
Really? I'd say Qui-gon would do quite well against him, but I think I am almost a fanboy for Qui-gon(as he was the guy who got me interested in SW, other than my Uncle and Cousin. I wish my uncle could have some here and wasted all of you in knowledge of SW. Owell. I'm getting sad just thinking about him.)

But personal feelings aside(at least as far aside as I can put them), Qui-gon gives Vos a tough fight. Qui-gon was a respected Jedi Master. He also was a major player in the Stark Hyperspace War. You know his accomplishments.

Se7in
Quinlan.

Deus Ex
Qui-Gon also sucked at saber combat, as is evident in TPM and got owned.

Darth_Glentract
He sucked compared to Mace, but look at Vos; Mace wasted him in a second.

Se7in
Mace beat Vos? I must start reading the comics.

Darth_Glentract
ya. They were sparring and then Vos used some of Vapaad the Sora had showed him and Mace wasted him in less than a second.

Admiral Akbar
Vos used Vaapd? hmm.. l

Qui GOn was a worse duelist.. true, and he always tired fairly quickly, but we at least saw Jiin fight a good fight with a sith lord, while Vos only killed sora bulq. Which IMO is nothing compared to Maul. So this is a balanced fight.. good thread.

Darth Faunus
Well, it likely wouldn't last much longer than Jinn's solo against Maul.

Admiral Akbar
maybe... I dont think Vos would fair well against darth Maul, but niether did Jiin, umm

I need to hear other opinions..

Darth Faunus
Vos would defeat Maul, no doubt. He slew Sora Bulq. He defeated K'Kruhk, the massive Whipid Jedi Master by literally body slamming him onto an airbus. Quinlan would positively wreck Jinn. The latter may get a couple of physical attacks in, but nothing nearly enough to turn the tide.

Deus Ex
Agreed.

Darth_Glentract
You know, over 95% of fights are over in less than a minute according to my Taekwondo teacher. That fight lasted more than that, I believe, so really, Qui-gon didn't do horrible.

Qui-gon was also able to do a good job against Mace in sparring matches. Mace knocked Vos out in a second. Sure, Mace never went full against Qui-gon, but he didn't seem to go full against Vos either.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
You know, over 95% of fights are over in less than a minute according to my Taekwondo teacher. That fight lasted more than that, I believe, so really, Qui-gon didn't do horrible.

Qui-Gon didn't do horrible, but he also lost pretty bad at the end of the fight. His age caught up with him and he got owned (for lack of a better term). Comparing Taekwondo and a Lightsaber Duel from Star Wars is kind of a stretch, don't ya think? I mean, you really cannot compare the two. Plus, if GL had made the "Duel of the Fates" less than a minute, than it would have sucked pretty bad. Quinlan Vos has a much larger/more impressive list of accomplishment and feats than Qui-Gon. Not to mention he's had a ton more experience dueling (read Star Wars: Republic, which you may have already), and he's much younger than Mr. Jinn.

It would be neat to see a duel with two single, green sabers though. wink

D_CP
Qui-Gon would get thrown in a classroom by Vos and get schooled.
Make no mistake about it.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Qui-Gon didn't do horrible, but he also lost pretty bad at the end of the fight. His age caught up with him and he got owned (for lack of a better term). Comparing Taekwondo and a Lightsaber Duel from Star Wars is kind of a stretch, don't ya think? I mean, you really cannot compare the two. Plus, if GL had made the "Duel of the Fates" less than a minute, than it would have sucked pretty bad. Quinlan Vos has a much larger/more impressive list of accomplishment and feats than Qui-Gon. Not to mention he's had a ton more experience dueling (read Star Wars: Republic, which you may have already), and he's much younger than Mr. Jinn.

It would be neat to see a duel with two single, green sabers though. wink

I'm talking about sword fighting in Taewkondo. It also doesn't matter why Duel of the Fates wasn't that short, it matters how long it actually was.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by D_CP
Qui-Gon would get thrown in a classroom by Vos and get schooled.
Make no mistake about it.

No, you're wrong. Qui Gon would get...

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I'm talking about sword fighting in Taewkondo. It also doesn't matter why Duel of the Fates wasn't that short, it matters how long it actually was.

I still stick to my remaining argument. wink

Deus Ex
well, when you consider that Maul never really attacked Qui-gon, just defended, it actually gives props to Maul for being able to defend that long against those odds, not Qui Gon.

Se7in
No real-life swordfight or duel lasts longer than five minutes.

Admiral Akbar
Since Maul was constantly on the defnsive side doesnt that make Jiin the expert since he made maul give ground instead of press the attack.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Since Maul was constantly on the defnsive side doesnt that make Jiin the expert since he made maul give ground instead of press the attack.
I'd say so. Maul proved stronger but it was close and Qui-Gon may have even been winning for a short time.

Anyways, not sure who'd win between Qui-Gon and Quinlin. Qui-Gon's really strong and was the first Jedi to return from the dead but Quinlin infiltrated Dooku's inner circle, killed Sora Bulq and survived ROTS. I'd say Quinlin's probably just a little but better with a saber and Qui-Gon's a little stronger in the Force. But as to who'd win I'm not sure. You guys all think Quinlin would win by alot but the fact is Qui-Gon is way underestimated here.

Admiral Akbar
I somewhat agree, no doubt Vos would win, but Qui Gon is not a weakling

mace=badass
i really like qui-gon he was my favorite character in TPM im almost biased
but after hearing vos' accomplishments i guess i should go with him
i would like to see this fight though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.