Cin Drallig vs. Luminara Unduli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Okay, Cin Drallig is a Jedi Master, the lightsaber instrcutorfor the Order and one of the Order's finest swordsmen. A very powerful Jedi, no doubt of that.

On the other hand most of us here consider Luminara Unduli to be very powerful. She is also a Jedi Master and one of the Order's finest swordsmen.

Which of these Jedi is stronger? Who would emerge victor and who wouldn't walk away from the duel?

Setting: The room Obi-Wan walks through in AOTC on his way to see Yoda and the Younglings.

Deus Ex
This depends on Cin's knowledge of Soresu. If he mastered it, this could be a long fight, but he might have the advantage thanks to his knowledge of multiple forms.

However, Luminara is reputed to be the Other Soresu master in the Order besides Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan could probably win a long fight with Cin. Add to that her multitude of out-of-temple experience on battle fronts (before the Clone Wars even... read The Approaching Storm) and her natural lithe frame and otherworldly grace, and she becomes a much more formidable target than originally thought.

masterkit
I think luminara wins

Darth_Glentract
Cin wins. A hard fight, but I am confident he can take this. He knows mutiple forms. I'd put him as fifth best and Luminara as six.

Deus Ex
What proof is there he actually knows multiple forms though?

Darth_Glentract
He was the guy who taught in depth lightsaber combat. I believe he trained Anakin:form five, Obi-wan in form four, Serra in Niman(double lightsaber).

Admiral Akbar
But how did he master all those..

Darth_Glentract
Not master them. He knew them to a good though if he taught them to people.

Admiral Akbar
Oh, so how would these styles help him? He just new the basics.. I think it would be better if he sticked to one style..

Darth_Glentract
The point is he knows her form better than she knows his form. We don't know his form though, but it didn't seem like Soresu, giving him the advantage. It doesn't make sense for a master not to have mastered a form.

Lord Simus
According to the Episode III video game he was a Form II master.

Darth_Glentract
The same game that has Dooku getting stabbed, GG getting stabbed and Anakin and Mace going into a full on fight.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Lord Simus
According to the Episode III video game he was a Form II master.
The same game where Anakin fights Mace in a fair duel? stick out tongue

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The same game that has Dooku getting stabbed, GG getting stabbed and Anakin and Mace going into a full on fight.
Lol we must have posted at the same time.

Lord Simus
Well its better than nothing.

Darth_Glentract
No, actually it isn't IMO. Might as well have been made by SS.

Deus Ex
No, he doesn't use Form II in the video game anyways; he uses a hybrid of II, V, and VII. In any case, the idea that cin Drallig knows those forms kinda begs for evidence. I haven't seen it anywhere and I read all the Clone Wars novels.

Lord Simus
Boy Luminara is getting used in a lot of threads though.

Fishy
Thats because she's probably pretty good. And every Movie character gets his or her 15 minutes of fame sooner or later...

darthsith19
I voted for Luminara since she uses Soresu. They are both really strong and it's hard to say who'd win but I think Lukinara would.

Se7in
Soresu mastery is far from granting invulnerability. There are multiple ways to pierce Luminara's defense, and Cin's mastery of such forms grants him victory in my opinion. Two of these forms, Makashi and Juyo, are the only two I think that could beat it, so I have no doubt Cin would take Luminara.

Admiral Akbar
Yeah we have seen what Makashi does to Soresu.

Darth Faunus
In the hands of Dooku, who bloody well mastered the form. Drallig is likely far from this level of mastery.

Lord Simus
All I will say is this Dooku said Cin was one of four who would beat Grievous and Luminara wasn't mentioned.

Deus Ex
That is a good point.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lord Simus
All I will say is this Dooku said Cin was one of four who would beat Grievous and Luminara wasn't mentioned.
Just because he didn't mention Luminara doesn't mean she couldn't defeat Grievous. Who ever said he named every single person who could defeat Grievous? he didn't, he just named 4 who would. He didn't name Anakin but Anakin could do it.

Deus Ex
That is also a good point.

Darth Faunus
Quoting Dooku: 'I pity you should you have to face a Council member.'

Darth Avis
janus how is my sig coming.

Deus Ex
Luminara was a Council member by LOE, though.

And Avis, do me a favor and post exactly what you want in my sig gallery. I get more PMs a day than you make posts, so there's no way PMing me about a sig is ever gonna work.

Speaking of, Faunus, I made on for you. I got some help on the belnding technique I need to use those pics you gave me, but check out the new one.... See if you like it. It's being posted in the sig gallery ... like now.

Darth Faunus
Gotcha.

Darth Avis
Deus Ex my request it is in the gallery. Thanks

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Quoting Dooku: 'I pity you should you have to face a Council member.'
Nice Fannus, but is that really accurate? Could someone like Saesee Tiin of Stass Allie really take Grievous?

Darth Faunus
No. Hell no. But Dooku was reprimanding him for his lapse in concentration, his tendency to 'play around'. And face it; if Grievous tried fooling with some of these guys, he'd be in for a rude awakening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.