Interracial Dating/Relationships

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
I see still even in this century, people still have a big problem with interracial couples being together.

How do you feel? Is it wrong for two races/creeds to mix?

Why or why not?

Comic Book
I never heard, that it was a problem. I think everyone is ok, with it. I don't see the proble, because everyone is human.

Tha C-Master
Its not a "problem" logically, but some people still wont' learn new tricks.

I live in Atlanta myself, and its better than say, mississippi where I was born. It could still be better however.

In Washington (state), its very different, mixed couples are often seen in church together, and its much less questioned by families and such.

Comic Book
Well, I guess I hear from white girls, that I am not there type, and they love that white guy, with the hair, and blue eyes. I only could get black girls, and the occasional Spanish. Is that what you mean, or something else.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Comic Book
Well, I guess I hear from white girls, that I am not there type, and they love that white guy, with the hair, and blue eyes. I only could get black girls, and the occasional Spanish. Is that what you mean, or something else. Oh I've heard that too, especially online, the online threads can be racist to a degree (he doesn't have blond hair/blue eyes so he's not my type.) Not too much of a problem in real life though.

Have you ever seen parents and grandparents, people of an older generation? They usually are quite obtuse about it.

I'm talking in belefs and views overall, why do some people see it as "unnatural" or wrong?

Salem07
I hadn't given much thought about it, simply because I don't mind.

I don't see why people make such a big deal over a relationship that does not involve them in it...It's that couple's relationship, not their's.

So I guess I am for it.

Comic Book
In the past, some races were considered, as property or a pet, like a dog, so if your dog started to go out with your, offspring, you would be mad, because it used to be your property, well as messed up as that sounds, thats just how they think.

KidRock
Is it wrong? No.

I have dated a light skinned peruvian girl and would date an asian girl if I had the chance. I am not attracted to black girls though, never have been. Even if I was attracted to a black girl I probley wouldnt date one anyway.

tabby999
i think its fine. hell, i'd love to have an asian girlfriend wink

Comic Book
Originally posted by KidRock
Is it wrong? No.

I have dated a light skinned peruvian girl and would date an asian girl if I had the chance. I am not attracted to black girls though, never have been. Even if I was attracted to a black girl I probley wouldnt date one anyway.

the most racist thing, i ever heard in my life.

leana marie
hell theres nothing wrong with it!!! i love asian guys, though im not asian. i also love black guys! theres nothing wrong with that is there?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Its not a "problem" logically, but some people still wont' learn new tricks.

Those people are of no use to humanity and are better off dead.

-AC

whobdamandog
Religion is the only stipulation I have on a relationship..if your not Christian..than we ain't going to date...simple as that.

BackFire
Both of my GF's have been of a different race then me, one Black, and one Vietnamese, their race/religion/creed make absolutely no difference to me.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Religion is the only stipulation I have on a relationship..if your not Christian..than we ain't going to date...simple as that.

What God are you representing? Because I'm sure the one that the bible refers to is one that doesn't discriminate. So someone could commit all the sins in the world but unless she believes in God, you won't date her? I'm pretty sure GOD doesn't care who you date, he is the giver of UNCONDITIONAL love after all, right?

-AC

koolruningz
I am the product of an interracial marriage (dad is Jamaican, mum is English) and when they got together they had alot of problem with insults and such (this was in the early 70's). It was even worse when they went on holiday to Jamaica, people asking my dad if black women weren't good enough for him (his first wife was black BTW).
Funnily enough i am married to a white New Zealander, i have dated all sorts of races and i think it makes you alot more open minded and aware of other cultures.
For some people its still a problem and as long as there are organisations like the National Front and the KKK it will always disturb some people, they just pass on their hatred to their kids. Sad really.

Lana
Race, religion, etc, should not matter.

And I don't see why people should have problems with someone else going out with someone of a different race or religion as it in no way effects them.

koolruningz
Racism isnt logical that's for sure.

Spelljammer
I never even thought about it, it was never a concern, I just found myself attracted to girls for differant aspects of thier personality, traits, etc, I never stopped to think about the racial patterns..

KidRock

Congratulations.

Those are my views though. If you don't like them, to bad.

Wonderwomenbabe
guys coming from somone who has been in an interracial relationship there is nothing wrong with it, although i got the funniest looks, it not about where the person comes from its bout who they are!

RedAlertv2

sad no

koolruningz

laughing You should walk a mile in my shoes.

Comic Book
Congratulations.

Those are my views though. If you don't like them, to bad.

"I am not attracted to black girls though, never have been. Even if I was attracted to a black girl I probley wouldnt date one anyway."

Ok, the moment you said, even if you were attracted to a black girl, you wouldn't go out with one. What the ****, does that mean. Explain your racist ways. Personaility, doesn't ring a bell to you. So how you just group, them all.

KidRock
"I am not attracted to black girls though, never have been. Even if I was attracted to a black girl I probley wouldnt date one anyway."

Ok, the moment you said, even if you were attracted to a black girl, you wouldn't go out with one. What the ****, does that mean. Explain your racist ways. Personaility, doesn't ring a bell to you. So how you just group, them all.

Even if I did like her personality I still wouldn't. To much conflict would occur between my friends me and her. I am not racist, but some of my friends think its just weird and there would be a conflict. I have never been attracted to a black girls personality or look anyway. Also I like how you hate on me becuase of my view, how does it feel being a nazi?

Spelljammer

Dude, relax, he doesn't need to explain himself, his loss right?

Anyone who would restrict themself is only hurting themself, it's not like he's challenging us for dating blackgirls calling us ****** lovers or something.

pr1983
I see still even in this century, people still have a big problem with interracial couples being together.

Why or why not?

Anyone who is against it is incredibly small minded...

I dont think kidrock is being racist, its just in general black women dont attract him... its personal preference... erm

Me? I'm as white as snow, and i love asian women... just personal preference... ive gotten the dirty looks on the street, but i really dont care... im happy and shes happy and thats all i care about...

KidRock
Asians are gold.

pr1983
Asians are gold.

laughing

Alpha Centauri
Even if I did like her personality I still wouldn't. To much conflict would occur between my friends me and her. I am not racist, but some of my friends think its just weird and there would be a conflict. I have never been attracted to a black girls personality or look anyway. Also I like how you hate on me becuase of my view, how does it feel being a nazi?

You let what your friends think, decide who you date? Friends don't stop their friend dating a girl/guy because of skin colour or anything like that. If you really liked the girl and you didn't date her because you were scared of your friends, I suggest growing a set.

-AC

koolruningz

Seriously dont worry about it. He has explained himself and it seems its just his preference. No harm done.

KidRock
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You let what your friends think, decide who you date? Friends don't stop their friend dating a girl/guy because of skin colour or anything like that. If you really liked the girl and you didn't date her because you were scared of your friends, I suggest growing a set.

-AC

Yeah, ill sure take that into consideration chief.

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't seriously having a pop, that last bit was a semi-jocular remark.

I'm just curious as to why you let people other than you, dictate who you date. If she was an awesome girl and you really liked her, but your friends didn't, you wouldn't date her just cos you'd get shit of them? What kinda friends do you have?

-AC

KidRock

I'm just curious as to why you let people other than you, dictate who you date. If she was an awesome girl and you really liked her, but your friends didn't, you wouldn't date her just cos you'd get shit of them? What kinda friends do you have?

-AC

Depends on the situation. There are lots of different variables. I have never been attracted to a black girls personality or looks so I dont dwell on the subject much. It is just how I feel though. I wouldn't date a black girl.

koolruningz
Any other races or just Black? Just curious man, not judging.

Spelljammer
I've been waiting for this moment.. KICK AC'S ASS KIDROCK! \m/ evil face \m/

KidRock
Originally posted by koolruningz
Any other races or just Black? Just curious man, not judging.

Probley no darker caribbean or dark hispanics/no dark middle easterners. I am just not a fan of dark skin.

Tha C-Master
Religion is the only stipulation I have on a relationship..if your not Christian..than we ain't going to date...simple as that. Actually a unique view, I am really interested in hearing why.

I am the product of an interracial marriage (dad is Jamaican, mum is English) and when they got together they had alot of problem with insults and such (this was in the early 70's). It was even worse when they went on holiday to Jamaica, people asking my dad if black women weren't good enough for him (his first wife was black BTW).
Funnily enough i am married to a white New Zealander, i have dated all sorts of races and i think it makes you alot more open minded and aware of other cultures.
For some people its still a problem and as long as there are organisations like the National Front and the KKK it will always disturb some people, they just pass on their hatred to their kids. Sad really. It is and can be said, biracial/multiracial children are sometimes the most handsome people around.

Originally posted by Spelljammer
I never even thought about it, it was never a concern, I just found myself attracted to girls for differant aspects of thier personality, traits, etc, I never stopped to think about the racial patterns.. Agreed 100%, which is why to this date I am turned off by such an ignorant inhibiter.

I've had problems with people looking in a relationship and going, "brown babies" or "she's xxxx", disgusting to say the least.

-AC I see eye to eye here, I am not the least bit in the business of trying to please/satisfy friends or family.

AC have you ever had an interracial relationship?

koolruningz
It is and can be said, biracial/multiracial children are sometimes the most handsome people around.

Well i dont like to brag but ........................afro

Tha C-Master
Any other races or just Black? Just curious man, not judging. I wonder that myself sometimes, if a couple mix and the child is half black, its still considered black for some reason.

Wierd huh?

pr1983
Agreed 100%, which is why to this date I am turned off by such an ignorant inhibiter.

i don't think its that ignorant in alot of cases...

physical traits are what you see first, personality doesnt come into it until u actually talk to them...

some people (like me) would find women of a certain race or creed more attractive than others on average... its not the colour, but the general traits that come with them...

Its personal preference...

Sure there are people who are racist, but i dont think all are... i mean, i can recognise a beautiful woman, whatever colour she is... i wont automatically refuse to date a woman just because she doesnt happen to be asian...

koolruningz
I wonder that myself sometimes, if a couple mix and the child is half black, its still considered black for some reason.

Wierd huh?

Yeah it is weird. When i was growing up i got called the N word so many times i forgot i was half white to. Most racists see darkish skin and an afro and instantly think black. But to be honest being mixed race in some ways is worse than being black (at least where i grew up) because its a constant reminder of black and white mixed together (contaminating the gene pool as it were).

Imperial_Samura
I have absolutely no problem what so ever with the concept of "interracial" dating what so ever. In fact it's still slightly galling that there is even the need to have such a term for it. I have always said skin colour or whatever shouldn't even enter into it, it's whatever is right by the two people.

Everybody has different preference, it is wrong in my view that there are still those out there who thinks a black person should only be a black person, an Asian with an Asian, a white with a white. The sooner humanity it well and truly done with all that "pure blood" tosh, the better.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by pr1983
i don't think its that ignorant in alot of cases...

physical traits are what you see first, personality doesnt come into it until u actually talk to them...

some people (like me) would find women of a certain race or creed more attractive than others on average... its not the colour, but the general traits that come with them...

Its personal preference...

Sure there are people who are racist, but i dont think all are... i mean, i can recognise a beautiful woman, whatever colour she is... i wont automatically refuse to date a woman just because she doesnt happen to be asian... I wasn't talking about it like that, and you know what I mean.

Generational beleifs handed down and such until its habit or the right thing.

Beauty is instinctive, you don't "choose" whats aesthetically appealing persay, but "marketable" looks are more generalized and are the easy way to go.

I look at some one and decide they are beautifyl in 1/5 of a second, its not a long process, but other things in the mind can work against it.

pr1983
I wasn't talking about it like that, and you know what I mean.

Generational beleifs handed down and such until its habit or the right thing.

Beauty is instinctive, you don't "choose" whats aesthetically appealing persay, but "marketable" looks are more generalized and are the easy way to go.

I look at some one and decide they are beautifyl in 1/5 of a second, its not a long process, but other things in the mind can work against it.

do i... confused embarrasment

i dont think its generational belief in all cases, not mine anyway... erm

i just go with what my gut tells me... and it just happens to be asian women... messed

I dunno... i think sex drive can overpower such things... erm

Tha C-Master
yes

It works when you don't deny it, as you and me most likely well know, people can deny it.

Me and Wick had a talk about this, he is Aryian but finds African Americans most attractive.

pr1983
I've never been much into black women to be honest, there werent many where i lived (ireland in general), but dang... ireland tends to a hotspot for students and immigrants... so we get all kinds... one very fine specimen is somalian... and damn... drool

Tha C-Master
Never had too many Somalians here.

Though our area is pretty well mixed.

How does your area/family, see interracial dating?

pr1983
Never had too many Somalians here.

Though our area is pretty well mixed.

How does your area/family, see interracial dating?

Well bringing home a vietnamese girlfriend did open my eyes... my mother... not so good... my dad, ok...

general public here... older people tend to be pretty racist... as far as our generation... guys dont look fondly upon girls dating black or asian guys, and vice versa for the girls, but if a guy sees another guy with an asian or black girl, they tend to be more envious than anything...

at least in my experience...

Tha C-Master
Well bringing home a vietnamese girlfriend did open my eyes... my mother... not so good... my dad, ok...

Yea its the older generations usually that are trapped in their ways, particularly women.

Oddly enough most of them think the opposite when they are younger, as shown by your next post.

general public here... older people tend to be pretty racist... as far as our generation... guys dont look fondly upon girls dating black or asian guys, and vice versa for the girls, but if a guy sees another guy with an asian or black girl, they tend to be more envious than anything...

I guess when its a male of minority, the people see it as "taking over" which is silly.

When a guy of majority does the same thing, they are "experimenting" or whatever.

at least in my experience... I know what you mean too and sympathize.

pr1983
Being a guy though, i got some dirty looks from the girls...

darth_royke
attractiveness is normally what make you go up to a man or woman, and then your personality gets a chance to do its thing.

i've been in an interacial relationship before, and it didnt work out. although, i did find out she was muslim, when she had told me she was'nt, and she wanted me to convert so we could marry. this was after 8 months of being together. she also cheated on me, and was an idiot.

Tha C-Master
Natural as well, like I said in Mississippi, interracial dating is rare, and is practically taboo. Its still 1830's down there, the white people have the big homes, the black people are poor usually.

Even in the penitentiary the black and white people have different prison jobs.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't care where my lady is from as long as her ass is no bigger than the span of two-hands spread out in shakkas and that her breasts are a handful. There are additional requirements, but I can't be bothered to go into them here.

My girlfriend is Taiwanese, by the way.

Tha C-Master
Hmm, where did you come up with this "recipe"?

shifty

xmarksthespot
I've only really dated Asian girls. It's not really a conscious choice, I just tend to have a lot more in common with 1/2th generational (a term I use for born in an Asian country, raised in a western country) Asian girls. Go figure.

Enslaved
To be honest i like the person...i dont see the colour or sex.

i wrote a poem once called 'love sees no creed!'

i really hate peeps out there who look at you different because your dating a guy from a different colour..

xmarksthespot
I have no probs whatsoever with interracial couples, for one thing in my experience with mixed-race people I've noticed they're usually very attractive.

jaden101
Originally posted by tabby999
i think its fine. hell, i'd love to have an asian girlfriend wink

hell yeah...asian ladies are stunning...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Enslaved
To be honest i like the person...i dont see the colour or sex.

i wrote a poem once called 'love sees no creed!'

i really hate peeps out there who look at you different because your dating a guy from a different colour.. Yea its really dirty.

How was your experience with such a guy?

Uneeklyconfused
id be a hypocrite if i saw a problem with them...im dating an Irish guy the moment and, in the past have been with an Muslim and Jordanian guy(not at the same time, tho that would have been fun!!)

strangely i wouldnt date a black guy...i may and have found them attractive, but i wouldnt take it any further..

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
id be a hypocrite if i saw a problem with them...im dating an Irish guy the moment and, in the past have been with an Muslim and Jordanian guy(not at the same time, tho that would have been fun!!)

strangely i wouldnt date a black guy...i may and have found them attractive, but i wouldnt take it any further.. Why is that?

If you don't mind me asking, I saw your pics, you are african american arent' you? Or am I wrong?

koolruningz
It seems that at least in this thread people are open minded when it comes to this topic. Alot of racism is handed down from parents, i've seen it first hand and it happens so matter of factly that the culprits dont even realise they are doing it half the time. Where i grew up black people were called n*****s, Asian's were called ch***s and Indian's were called Pa**s, this was just the way it was. Anyone who wasnt white was fair game and the funny thing was that my family was actually well thought of in the neighbourhood. My dad and myself were "decent n*****s".

Tha C-Master
It seems that at least in this thread people are open minded when it comes to this topic. Alot of racism is handed down from parents, i've seen it first hand and it happens so matter of factly that the culprits dont even realise they are doing it half the time. Where i grew up black people were called n*****s, Asian's were called ch***s and Indian's were called Pa**s, this was just the way it was. Anyone who wasnt white was fair game and the funny thing was that my family was actually well thought of in the neighbourhood. My dad and myself were "decent n*****s".

Yea they are open minded, and its from the generations, even some family still has problems with it.

I used to show them pics of me at high school, and my high school was mostly white, and they'd say "you have alot of white friends don't you?" or "you go to a white or black church?"

More often than not, they didn't realize it.

Enslaved
well at the mo my boyf is black...and he treats me better than white guys

Uneeklyconfused
Why is that?

If you don't mind me asking, I saw your pics, you are african american arent' you? Or am I wrong?

why?.... i honestly dont know...
maybe im slightly racist to black men..or mayb its cause i want to 'contaminate the gene pool' and create a new species .

well ..my mother is British and my father is Jamaican...both of Jamaican decent....

wherei live..the whole interracial relationships are quite common..

the 'black guy/white girl couple is seen more than often,where as the black girl/white couple guy is very rare,partly because the white guys in my area (from what iv heard) like the idea of 'Forbidden fruit'...whatever thats s'posed to mean ....

whobdamandog
What God are you representing? Because I'm sure the one that the bible refers to is one that doesn't discriminate. So someone could commit all the sins in the world but unless she believes in God, you won't date her? I'm pretty sure GOD doesn't care who you date, he is the giver of UNCONDITIONAL love after all, right?

-AC

They have to have the same value system as myself. I can't date someone who is "unequally yoked" as the bible puts it. It's like mixing together oil and water. Race doesn't play a factor for me though..I only believe in one race..the human one.

-Whob

Uneeklyconfused
I only believe in one race..the human one.

-Whob

well said ... laughing

Alpha Centauri
why?.... i honestly dont know...
maybe im slightly racist to black men..or mayb its cause i want to 'contaminate the gene pool' and create a new species .

I've read some daft material on this forum, but this just about takes the finish line. I don't even know where to begin with how wrong this is.

Whob, I'll ask again.

What God are you representing and/or following? Because I'm sure the one in the bible to which you refer, doesn't give a shit. The idea of God is the idea of unconditional love, truth etc. Not "Believe the same and forget the rest."

You'd date someone who'd committed many sins, but if she doesn't believe as you do, you won't date her due to religion? I'm sure that's not what religion is meant to do, prevent happiness.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Enslaved
well at the mo my boyf is black...and he treats me better than white guys Thats sweet you guys must mean alot to each other.
happy

I would like a relationship like that.

I've read some daft material on this forum, but this just about takes the finish line. I don't even know where to begin with how wrong this is.

Whob, I'll ask again.

What God are you representing and/or following? Because I'm sure the one in the bible to which you refer, doesn't give a shit. The idea of God is the idea of unconditional love, truth etc. Not "Believe the same and forget the rest."

You'd date someone who'd committed many sins, but if she doesn't believe as you do, you won't date her due to religion? I'm sure that's not what religion is meant to do, prevent happiness.

-AC I think he means similar values. He's saying its easier to choose that category and stick to those values.

For example, I hate smoking, AND drinking. So I'd want someone who doesn't do either.

As for religion, my gf has had a past, and isn't christian, but I love her to bits anyway.

Uneeklyconfused

-AC

that made me laugh out loud....(its probably wise not to take me too seriously)

as 'wrong' as it may sound to you..that's how it is...
i ,personally, wouldnt date a black guy my reasons are a little too complicated to explain...

thats just how i work..

Tha C-Master
What if you talked to him online for whatever reason, and fell in love with him, didn't know he was black.

Then you found out, how would you feel?

whobdamandog

Whob, I'll ask again.

-AC

Doesn't matter if she's committed many "sins" in her lifetime..we all have. My point is that two people must have the same faith/value system, in order for them to be a compatible couple... come on now AC..that's just "common sense."

If we both believe in different philsosphies regarding life, then we're not going to be compatible couple...simple as that.

Uneeklyconfused

For example, I hate smoking, AND drinking. So I'd want someone who doesn't do either.

....that's what i wanted but its not that easy to find someone like that..
most of the guys i know do both and/or more....

whobdamandog
I think he means similar values. He's saying its easier to choose that category and stick to those values.

Exactly..I thought I made that point pretty clear in my previous post..big grin

Uneeklyconfused
What if you talked to him online for whatever reason, and fell in love with him, didn't know he was black.

Then you found out, how would you feel?

hhmm....as cold as this my sound..i wouldnt let things get that far

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't matter if she's committed many "sins" in her lifetime..we all have. My point is that two people must have the same faith/value system, in order for them to be a compatible couple... come on now AC..that's just "common sense."

If we both believe in different philsosphies regarding life, then we're not going to be compatible couple...simple as that.

You're suggesting that people with different life philosophies won't be compatible?

If you both believe the same ends then surely the means to which you wanna achieve that (you through religion, her through whatever) isn't a factor.

-AC

Tha C-Master

If we both believe in different philsosphies regarding life, then we're not going to be compatible couple...simple as that. I'm pretty flexible, but I've been over this.

Would you choose a girl of no religion, if she sounded interested in your religion?

hhmm....as cold as this my sound..i wouldnt let things get that far Can I ask why? Was it something in your past maybe?

Or if you don't mind me asking your father? Your community?

I usually hear this from someone with a bad experience.

Uneeklyconfused

Can I ask why? Was it something in your past maybe?

Or if you don't mind me asking your father? Your community?

I usually hear this from someone with a bad experience.

laughing.. ...

.... Oh dear....hm...

..... as i said before....its complicated ...

Tha C-Master
Ah life is supposed to be complicated.

So it was an experience then?

Uneeklyconfused
Ah life is supposed to be complicated.

So it was an experience then?

there i was trying to avoid answering the question....

in short.. i dont want to end up like my parents

whobdamandog
You're suggesting that people with different life philosophies won't be compatible?

Well if one is truly adamant about their life philosophy, it is my belief that they would have difficulty forming a long term relationship with one who doesn't. Religion is the gold standard for me, particularly since I have a kid and I want him to be raised in an environment that's a Christian one.

Well I guess you have to be of the belief that two people with different idealogies generally believe in the same ends. I don't believe that we find this to be the case most of the time.

Tha C-Master
there i was trying to avoid answering the question....

in short.. i dont want to end up like my parents Sorry I badgered that out of you.

Thanks though, I had thought that the cause...

Well if one is truly adamant about their life philosophy, it is my belief that they would have difficulty forming a long term relationship with one who doesn't. Religion is the gold standard for me, particularly since I have a kid and I want him to be raised in an environment that's a Christian one.

Now would you have a relationship with one who was of no religion, but isn't willing to change?

Well I guess you have to be of the belief that two people with different idealogies generally believe in the same ends. I don't believe that we find this to be the case most of the time.

I can understand where you are coming from, particularly in serious relationships and marriage.

But there's always someone.

Uneeklyconfused
if race isnt a factor and religion is.....

does she have to be a certain type of Christian (the same beliefs and practices) as yourself or does she just have to believe in God?

Uneeklyconfused
Sorry I badgered that out of you.

Thanks though, I had thought that the cause...

i was trying to politely ignore itstick out tongue....

Tha C-Master
if race isnt a factor and religion is.....

does she have to be a certain type of Christian (the same beliefs and practices) as yourself or does she just have to believe in God? I told you I'm flexible, as religon can matter to a degree.

I'm pretty free with mine, and don't try to coerce people into it.

I'd just want her to believe in god I guess, or understand why I do....

olchik
The main thing is love. If two people love each other, why not?

botankus
So back on the "race" topic (somewhat, but more so than talk of religion)...

I saw a special on 20/20 that said that in music videos and Hollywood many of the females "roles" for the parts of "booty-shaking" characters that were depicted as easy, sl**ty, and villanous were given to darker-skinned blacks...and roles of the innocent, "prized woman" were given to lighter-skinned blacks.

Since I've seen the piece I've noticed this in many movies. With women like Halle Berry and Jada Pinkett Smith, it is indeed evident. On the flip side, Robin Givens was never portrayed as the prized catch in anything, etc....

Tha C-Master
Thats another issue in itself, lightskinned people are more marketable than darkskinned people.

White people are more marketable than black people.

Put a thread up and have very handsoome black models on there, and put modest looking white guys on there, and see a difference.

Latinos are more marketable than asians, and Hispanics are more marketable than middle easterns.

Sometimes what is more attractive, is what is more marketable.

Subliminal messaging and other things play a role in our society.

Sir Nauj

Why or why not?
I dont have a problem with it, its called love and we are all human. we shouldnt judge people by color or the sex they perfer to date

Tha C-Master
Something I was discussing with a friend about:

"As for what "good looking is", it's both social and ethnic. Society tends to define what it believes good looking should be. There are then sub-variations on that by nationality, geography, ethnicity, etc. People aren't just attracted to "good-looking" people. They're attracted to types - convenient categories of people that include a set of qualities. Ugly, dumb, big thugs get more action than good-looking trekkies, despite the fact that those trekkies are good looking. Why? Because there's a market for ugly, dumb big thugs. So in that case, being good-looking is secondary to fitting into a category. Plain white guys are in more demand than hot black guys. Plain latin guys are in more demand than good-looking asian guys. Fat white girls are in more demand by black guys than thin black girls (you know you've seen it before on the street!).

Are you good looking? Sure, but when it becomes frustrating in getting girls, you should analyze what category you might be fitting in. If you find that you don't readily fit into a category, that's probably more your problem than how good-looking you are or are not. My guess is, because you're a nice guy, you don't dress thuggy, probably don't talk thuggy, and like comics and stuff, despite the fact that you're all buff and stuff that women don't know what to make of you. It confuses them, and they're used to things being clear cut, because they're American and stupid. Complex people need not apply. You're probably complex, and that makes you less attractive, even if you are good-looking. Does that make sense?

so what are your options? Well, older women (25+) have more of an appreciation for complex men. European women don't care as much about categories. Japanese women love black guys no matter what. Or you could force yourself to fit into a category. It's selling out, however. But maybe you could act the part the first few dates. The most important thing, however, is patience. The typical guys get the girls first, but they're typical girls. Typical girls give good head, but are incredibly boring. I was SO bored dating when I was your age. Now, however, it's SO much more fun.

Watch some reality dating shows to see more of what I'm talking about. The woman is clearly attracted to the guy at first, but if he shows any hint of depth or complexity, or mentions things beyond drinking and sex, or gets romantic about anything, she loses interest quickly. The guy wonders what went wrong, and the girl at the post-date commentary talks about how he's too nice, doesn't have an edge, blah, blah blah.

It's fuked up, but that's the way it is. "

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by Sir Nauj
I dont have a problem with it, its called love and we are all human. we shouldnt judge people by color or the sex they perfer to date

we shouldnt but it doesnt stop it from happening

botankus
It confuses them, and they're used to things being clear cut, because they're American and stupid.

Dude, couldn't you and your "complex" chat transcript have just gotten by with "because they're stupid?" Especially when you make no mention of nationality earlier in your spiel. There's no need for that **** in a thread like this. Please deposit your closed-mindedness in the toilet known as the 100 other threads that address that in this forum.

lil bitchiness
it can never be ''wrong'' for two ''races'' to mix. Of course not.

However, such mixing creates social problems - especially for the child, who sometimes does not get accepted in the group of either parent's communities for being half-half.

botankus
Yeah, 'lil B, that is unfortunate about the parents...all it takes is 1 of the parents to feel that way to create tension.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by botankus
Dude, couldn't you and your "complex" chat transcript have just gotten by with "because they're stupid?" Especially when you make no mention of nationality earlier in your spiel. There's no need for that **** in a thread like this. Please deposit your closed-mindedness in the toilet known as the 100 other threads that address that in this forum. Where did I say this?

I didn't, point this out for me, cause I'll edit it out.

Thanks, cause I'm american btw.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Oh my friend said that, I didn't even notice it that was an old chat.

Its too late to change now, and don't accuse me of being close minded, because I'm not. Period.

Clovie

Why or why not?

I've been thinking.
and it's very complicated...

coz theoretically colour of the skin shouldn't be taken into consideration when people love eachother....

but.
here there is still a maiority of white people. I don't remember knowing anyone confused I only have one friend and she's half arabic.
and it is why I have no idea how this issue looks here..
but one girl I know said once that she finds black guys hot.

confused *idiot* sorry.

Snoopbert
Those people are of no use to humanity and are better off dead.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I don't understand why this whole "half-half" label is continually raised.

How can you expect social boundaries to be broken and children of two or more ethnicities to be accepted when you're casually referring to them as half something? Why not just let them be a person? They're human, they're not some kind of lab-produced cyborg.

-AC

botankus
Oh my friend said that, I didn't even notice it that was an old chat.

Its too late to change now, and don't accuse me of being close minded, because I'm not. Period.

No problem, I won't. I didn't realize it was your friend.

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
it can never be ''wrong'' for two ''races'' to mix. Of course not.

However, such mixing creates social problems - especially for the child, who sometimes does not get accepted in the group of either parent's communities for being half-half.

one that note.i read that a majority of 'bi-racial'/'mixed raced' children suffer from identify crises, not knowing where to categorise themselves...(not that we need to be put into categories)

a friend once said :..(she just so happens to be of 'mixed race')

'I'm not black and I'm not white....I'm grey?''

she is now in a special homesmile ( kidding )

lil bitchiness
Yeah, 'lil B, that is unfortunate about the parents...all it takes is 1 of the parents to feel that way to create tension.

Children feel that way!

When they attend school and have 'identity crisis' not knowing in which group they belong, and neither groups are fully accepting them, thats when the preoblem arises.

Parents love their children and would never put such burden on them.

children/teenagers already have identity crisis as it is - repssure to look and act certain way. When they don't even know what 'colour' they are, I think that is an extra, dont you.

Uneeklyconfused
Children feel that way!

When they attend school and have 'identity crisis' not knowing in which group they belong, and neither groups are fulling accepting them, thats when the problem arises.

Parents love their children and would never put such burden on them.

children/teenagers already have identity crisis as it is - pressure to look and act certain way. When they don't even know what 'colour' they are, I think that is an extra, dont you.
^^ thumb up...

Alpha Centauri
Why are we assuming every child of more than one ethnicity enters some black hole of identity crisis when they enter school?

I've never ever seen that happen and I went to a school with many different ethnicities and mixed ethnicities. The only time I've ever heard of identity crisis happening is when it's a mixed marriage family. A few kids of different ethnicity, not ever with people who have parents of two races.

-AC

Tha C-Master
I don't understand why this whole "half-half" label is continually raised.

How can you expect social boundaries to be broken and children of two or more ethnicities to be accepted when you're casually referring to them as half something? Why not just let them be a person? They're human, they're not some kind of lab-produced cyborg.

-AC Agreed, but we tend to go by "mixed".

I do however feel that it is necessary to know our past, so we can correct it. Some pain must come with that.

Knowledge can hurt, just as if I were under the illusion that someone was my real father but wasn't. It would be better to know it, but it would change me for the rest of my life, even though I would love the man who raised me, I would start to wonder.

No problem, I won't. I didn't realize it was your friend.

I would have thought twice but it was a month's old conversation, sorry about that.

Why are we assuming every child of more than one ethnicity enters some black hole of identity crisis when they enter school?

I've never ever seen that happen and I went to a school with many different ethnicities and mixed ethnicities. The only time I've ever heard of identity crisis happening is when it's a mixed marriage family. A few kids of different ethnicity, not ever with people who have parents of two races.

-AC Agreed as well, it is a big deal to some, to other's it isn't.

When its trouble, is when harassment is thrown there in the mix.

lil bitchiness

-AC

No one has made gross generalisation. At no point have any of us said ''every child'' or ''all children''

Why are you assuming that they aren't having identical crisis just because you have never see it happen?

Alpha Centauri
No one has made gross generalisation. At no point have any of us said ''every child'' or ''all children''

Oh, I imagined this then:

Children feel that way!

When they attend school and have 'identity crisis' not knowing in which group they belong, and neither groups are fully accepting them, thats when the preoblem arises.

Children feel that way? THEY? Sounds like you are making a generalisation there, intended or not.

Why are you assuming that they aren't having identical crisis just because you have never see it happen?

Show me where I did this and I'll tell you why. The fact that I didn't do that will prove that quite hard for you.

Never did I insinuate that it doesn't happen because I haven't seen it often. I just said why are we (you) assuming it does. After all, you did say that children (whole term) feel that way and that they (all inclusive, you specified no other) all encounter it.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Ignore this, accidental double post.

-AC

WindDancer
I don't care about race. As long as the woman I'm dating is bootylicious is all good! YEAH!

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by WindDancer
I don't care about race. As long as the woman I'm dating is bootylicious is all good! YEAH! Thats what its all about in the end.

I think whobdamandog overtly hit an interesting point as well. Beliefs. People tend to want to stick to the same tradition and beliefs and not want to change at all. Their preferences or anything.

Failure to change can be a sad thing...

In the end, we still have the same primary functions, so if you love someone why not?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You do realise that the greater level of ethnic diversity between two parents results in a more balanced gene pool for the resulting child.

Tha C-Master
I think its just as beautiful a thing to have a multiracial child than to have a single "ethnic" child.

Like I said, I see that biracial children are often the most beautiful children around.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It sounds simple enough, but they are also what the future will look like.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
A little bit on/3 little birds off...

Do you kids know that Bob Marley was the progeny of two different ethnicities?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It sounds simple enough, but they are also what the future will look like. Explain...

Victor Von Doom
Explain...

I imagine he means practically, there will be more and more mixture which cannot be reversed.

KidRock
A little bit on/3 little birds off...

Do you kids know that Bob Marley was the progeny of two different ethnicities?

And look how he turned out confused

Alpha Centauri
The evidence is really starting to lose the gooey consistency and harden into something concrete, with regards to your mentality.

-AC

Comic Book

Second racist thing, ever.

KidRock
Second racist thing, ever.

lol you're to much.

Alpha Centauri
No, you really are just an ignorant racist person.

-AC

Ieatbabies
I have really never paid attention to it, so I can say that I don't care.

KidRock
No, you really are just an ignorant racist person.

-AC

Not true.

Lord S
I'm all for mixing...imagine how much more simpler things would be, (a couple of hundred generations from now), if everyone looked the same.

When I look at a woman, (when my wife's not watching), I don't care if she's White, Black, Oriental, Indian, etc...if she's hot, she's hot...if not, she's ugly.

Tha C-Master
Not true. Well I'm not a judgemental person, but when you make snide comments about race, AND voluntarily imply that you wouldn't intimately interract with that race for no reason besides aesthetics, it makes people wonder.

Comic Book
he also said or implyed, that black girls are ugly.

Tha C-Master
Not true, its harder to find them down here, my area is mixed with most white people.

I find them most attractive, I am more attreacted by a lighter skin by preference, but in the end it doesn't matter too much...

DarkC

Why or why not?
Hell no. A Caucasian guy told me that he had a chinese dad and a white mother. I found it cool.
I like being in Canada.

Hey, I think I might have an idea why you're bringing up this topic.

pr1983
A point c-master brought up about mixed race children being the most beautiful actually reminded me of something...

At least 80% of the people i'd meet, and then as soon as they found out i was dating an asian woman they'd say "You'd have the most beautiful kids!"

And i'd be like... "wtf? Kids?!"

whobdamandog
Now would you have a relationship with one who was of no religion, but isn't willing to change?

Nope..gotta be a Christian..or at the very least...interested in getting to know about my religion. I generally find that a lot of women who deem themselves atheists are extremely self absorbed, and I'm not generally attracted to them.

Yeah, with a kid..it makes things a bit difficult. You really have to scrutinize the person you commit yourself, since your not just effecting your own life, but also the life of the child.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Explain...

Isn't it obvious?

As more and more people realise the ridiculousness of racism, then more and more people will be involved in ethnically diverse relationships. Thus leading to a greater ethnically mixed gene pool.

I'm a big fan of your particular brand of idiocy. It's so OTT that I can't decide whether you are what you post or whether it's all a wonderful trick to stir the ire-fire.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by DarkC
Hell no. A Caucasian guy told me that he had a chinese dad and a white mother. I found it cool.
I like being in Canada.

Hey, I think I might have an idea why you're bringing up this topic. I hadn't seen it done before really, and it had been something I'd been dealing with on this thread for months.

lol.

Isn't it obvious?

As more and more people realise the ridiculousness of racism, then more and more people will be involved in ethnically diverse relationships. Thus leading to a greater ethnically mixed gene pool. I just like to hear things from other people's words.

Tell me, do you think it'll be 90% over, by the year 2050, 2500, 3000?

Tha C-Master
Nope..gotta be a Christian..or at the very least...interested in getting to know about my religion. I generally find that a lot of women who deem themselves atheists are extremely self absorbed, and I'm not generally attracted to them.

Yeah, with a kid..it makes things a bit difficult. You really have to scrutinize the person you commit yourself, since your not just effecting your own life, but also the life of the child. So you agree that they have to at least WANT to be a Christian.

I do sympathize on the atheist point as well, to a degree.

Some of them deem themselves "too smart" for religion, but thats a different topic.

koolruningz

laughing Yeah he's only one of the most well known musicians in the world and accomplished more in his short life than most do in 3 lifetimes. All of this with no musical training or education, what a failure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

AdventChild
Is it wrong? No.

I'm kinda the same way......There's no problem with it just personal choice and opinion...and taste...

Tha C-Master
Wait so if you were attracted to someone, you still wouldn't date them?

Why not?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Tell me, do you think it'll be 90% over, by the year 2050, 2500, 3000?

Huh?

AdventChild
I'm sorry this is going to sound racist so i apologize.....
but if this Hindu guy had the most attractive body in the world and had the cutest fact and the best personality i've ever experienced i still wouldn't date him cause he's hindu...i'm sorry i just wouldn't....that's just me....sorry...

Tha C-Master
Huh? 90% over with the views of racism/prejudice.

Sorry, I need to sleep smile

Originally posted by AdventChild
but if this Hindu guy had the most attractive body in the world and had the cutest fact and the best personality i've ever experienced i still wouldn't date him cause he's hindu...i'm sorry i just wouldn't....that's just me....sorry... Unpleasant Experiences? Beliefs? Lack of knowledge perhaps? Rumors?

Would it fall under one of these categories?

AdventChild
90% over with the views of racism/prejudice.

Sorry, I need to sleep smile

Unpleasant Experiences? Beliefs? Lack of knowledge perhaps? Rumors?

Would it fall under one of these categories?

yea...pretty much...

Comic Book
but if this Hindu guy had the most attractive body in the world and had the cutest fact and the best personality i've ever experienced i still wouldn't date him cause he's hindu...i'm sorry i just wouldn't....that's just me....sorry...

Racist...

pr1983
She said hindu, not asian... hindu is a religion...

GCG

What if he gave up religion for unconditional love ? confused

AdventChild
?.........? ummm then it'd be fine i guess..... but getting over old habits and ways takes time....long periods of time...

GCG
now your'e making excuses roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes or No ? or would you give it a shot and dash this guy's hope ?

AdventChild
yes....

KidRock
he also said or implyed, that black girls are ugly.

Cause I do find them all ugly, personal preference.

GCG
yes....

then i dont think that makes you a racist

pr1983
Cause I do find them all ugly, personal preference.

There's only so far personal preference extends... erm

Lord S
Cause I do find them all ugly, personal preference. 'Personal preference' notwithstanding, there is a way to express yourself tactfully...without looking like an utter racist. Unless the latter was your intention all along. rolleyes1

I guess this place has a high tolerance level for racists...you're not the only one I've seen around here. thumb down

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>