My Grammar Assignment!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cringe
The following is a my grammar assignment for my grammar class.

College . It's what every kid dreams of going to one day when he turns eighteen . A time to get away from his parents and experience freedom at it's finest . For George W. it was a time to party! And if he had time, work on an education . But lets start with the simple facts first before we work our way into the theorys shall we.He arrived at Yale College in 1964 . While at Yale he joined Delta Kappa Epsilon (which was known as the hardest drinking jock on campus) ,and the Skull and Bones society . Later he was even elected president of his beloved gang of drinking, sex crazed pals . He was also very active in sports having played baseball during his freshmen years and then moved onto rugby during his final to years . It was a swell time for the our president.

It was a swell time for our president While other classmates where politically active and made use if there right to free-speach,our president thrived in drunken frat parties,the activites of his secret society,and footbal weekends (do I have to spell that one out for you?) . One of his classmates back then,Russ Walker,even recalls Bush being so drunk one night that he collasped in the middle of the street and literally rolled himself back to the dorm.

What's sad about Bush's education is that he majored in History yet never had good enough grades to get into the University of Texas Law School . Apparently Bush'sgrades are so unpleasent he wont allow Andover or Yale to release them.

In a more positive view of Bush's college life,Lanny Davis (a Washington lawyer who was very visibly a supporter of Clinton during the Whitehouse scandals) said Bush has "analytical people skills" which allowed him to observe people and sumthem up to you in a few words . Davis was also quoted saying that Bush didnt act like a spoiled rich kid and by being around him you would never know he came from a father like George H. Bush . What I cant figure out is if thats suppose to be a good thing.

Now lets talk about George Bush's secret society days . For Bush the society was a place of refuge . A place to seal himself off from the war,seal himself off from life and just be with the people he considered as brothers . It was the kind of place where every Thursday and Sunday night the seniors would gather and disucss there love lives and hopes for the future . Alot of times they would even disucss the Vietnam War . It was hard for George W. to be in an atmosphere where almost everyone was against his dad and the war but Bush never wavered on his favorable opinon in his dads choices and views . Several of the bonesmen even say that when Bush spoke of his dad it was as if he reffered to him in god-like terms . You can imagine with the war not being very popular and Bush being in favor of his dad and his pro-war views that it was hard . Bush was very hurt alot of times when people would getin his face and voice there opinion about his fathers beliefs . And decades later that feeling is still there . He's never attended a reunion in 30 years and has never made a contribution to the school even when asked by his close friends.

Well in closing I would say that I think George W. Bush has made alot of mistakes in his life like drinking and driving,premarital sex even though he does encourage teens today to remain virgins until marriage,two affair claims by other women,George Bush's Sister-In-Law ,Sharon Bush,also says that Bush snorted cocaine more than one time with one of his brothers . Although Sharon denies the claims made that she ever told Kitty Kelly (the publisher of a new book about the Bush family) that Bush snorted cocaine the fact still remains that Bush wasnt exactly the most exceling student in college and it wouldn't suprise me if these allegations one day turned out to be undeniably true . I mean,dont get me wrong . All of us have made mistakes in our life,but then again not all of us are running for the highest office of the land . Where not the one's who start wars and meet with officials from other country's . Look at these four defining years of Bush's life and ask yourself,is this really the man that I want deciding our fate as a country ? In a way I cant help but admire him somewhat . He was able to win three official elections already and not be affected by these four years . But one of the things President Bush can do to earn a little more of my respect is to ackwoledge hispast,explain why he did the things he did and why he thinks kids should actually learn something when they're away at college,and not party and do the things he did,and stop trying to think it will just simply go away . The longer he tries to run from the past the harder its gonna be when rumours become facts and all Bush is left with is a heart filled of untruthfulness .

Joshua Hernandez

botankus
Hell yeah college was a time to party. Then again, I'm not going to be president. wink

FeceMan
The grammar in your grammar assignment leaves something to be desired.

Victor Von Doom
I'm guilty of the same thought.

Bardock42
Grammarizzle is your friendizzle?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Grammarizzle is your friendizzle?
More like, "Hail the Grammar Nazi and he shall rule with an iron fist, punishing his opposition and rewarding in full his supporters...all in a grammatically correct form."

Disclaimer: Promises are liable to be broken. Elect the Grammar Nazi as ruler at your own risk. Or else.

Alpha Centauri
*Additional generic poor grammar remark*

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
*Additional generic poor grammar remark*

-AC
HEY..you can't just jump that train....there wasn't even enough space for me on there.......

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by FeceMan
More like, "Hail the Grammar Nazi and he shall rule with an iron fist, punishing his opposition and rewarding in full his supporters...all in a grammatically correct form."

Disclaimer: Promises are liable to be broken. Elect the Grammar Nazi as ruler at your own risk. Or else.

I'd like to run for this office if I may.

Bardock42

Victor Von Doom
I'm looking to expand into other areas. Grammar...town planning...needlework.

Echuu
Originally posted by Cringe

College . It's what every kid dreams of going to one day when he turns eighteen . A time to get away from his parents and experience freedom at it's finest . For George W. it was a time to party! And if he had time, work on an education . But lets start with the simple facts first before we work our way into the theorys shall we.He arrived at Yale College in 1964 . While at Yale he joined Delta Kappa Epsilon (which was known as the hardest drinking jock on campus) ,and the Skull and Bones society . Later he was even elected president of his beloved gang of drinking, sex crazed pals . He was also very active in sports having played baseball during his freshmen years and then moved onto rugby during his final to years . It was a swell time for the our president.

It was a swell time for our president While other classmates where politically active and made use if there right to free-speach,our president thrived in drunken frat parties,the activites of his secret society,and footbal weekends (do I have to spell that one out for you?) . One of his classmates back then,Russ Walker,even recalls Bush being so drunk one night that he collasped in the middle of the street and literally rolled himself back to the dorm.

What's sad about Bush's education is that he majored in History yet never had good enough grades to get into the University of Texas Law School . Apparently Bush'sgrades are so unpleasent he wont allow Andover or Yale to release them.

In a more positive view of Bush's college life,Lanny Davis (a Washington lawyer who was very visibly a supporter of Clinton during the Whitehouse scandals) said Bush has "analytical people skills" which allowed him to observe people and sumthem up to you in a few words . Davis was also quoted saying that Bush didnt act like a spoiled rich kid and by being around him you would never know he came from a father like George H. Bush . What I cant figure out is if thats suppose to be a good thing.

Now lets talk about George Bush's secret society days . For Bush the society was a place of refuge . A place to seal himself off from the war,seal himself off from life and just be with the people he considered as brothers . It was the kind of place where every Thursday and Sunday night the seniors would gather and disucss there love lives and hopes for the future . Alot of times they would even disucss the Vietnam War . It was hard for George W. to be in an atmosphere where almost everyone was against his dad and the war but Bush never wavered on his favorable opinon in his dads choices and views . Several of the bonesmen even say that when Bush spoke of his dad it was as if he reffered to him in god-like terms . You can imagine with the war not being very popular and Bush being in favor of his dad and his pro-war views that it was hard . Bush was very hurt alot of times when people would getin his face and voice there opinion about his fathers beliefs . And decades later that feeling is still there . He's never attended a reunion in 30 years and has never made a contribution to the school even when asked by his close friends.

Well in closing I would say that I think George W. Bush has made alot of mistakes in his life like drinking and driving,premarital sex even though he does encourage teens today to remain virgins until marriage,two affair claims by other women,George Bush's Sister-In-Law ,Sharon Bush,also says that Bush snorted cocaine more than one time with one of his brothers . Although Sharon denies the claims made that she ever told Kitty Kelly (the publisher of a new book about the Bush family) that Bush snorted cocaine the fact still remains that Bush wasnt exactly the most exceling student in college and it wouldn't suprise me if these allegations one day turned out to be undeniably true . I mean,dont get me wrong . All of us have made mistakes in our life,but then again not all of us are running for the highest office of the land . Where not the one's who start wars and meet with officials from other country's . Look at these four defining years of Bush's life and ask yourself,is this really the man that I want deciding our fate as a country ? In a way I cant help but admire him somewhat . He was able to win three official elections already and not be affected by these four years . But one of the things President Bush can do to earn a little more of my respect is to ackwoledge hispast,explain why he did the things he did and why he thinks kids should actually learn something when they're away at college,and not party and do the things he did,and stop trying to think it will just simply go away . The longer he tries to run from the past the harder its gonna be when rumours become facts and all Bush is left with is a heart filled of untruthfulness .

Joshua Hernandez

Do we care??? This is pretty much a recycled piece of crap from the 2004 election.
But as long as we are bringing up the pasts of elected officials why not mention how Ted Kennedy got himself and some chick drunk and was reponsible for her death.

Curl_Up&Dye
your mom goes to college

Echuu
confused

Curl_Up&Dye
you need to see napoleon dynamite to get the joke lol

Echuu
GOSH, make me look like flippin' idiot!

Curl_Up&Dye
Ugggghhhhhhh
You're ruining everyones lives and eating all our steak!!!

FeceMan
Originally posted by Echuu
Do we care??? This is pretty much a recycled piece of crap from the 2004 election.
But as long as we are bringing up the pasts of elected officials why not mention how Ted Kennedy got himself and some chick drunk and was reponsible for her death.
You might have killed her when you shoved the dollar bills down her throat. You might have killed her when you hit her with a stool. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

(Bardock, correct me if my quote is wrong.)

Bardock42
You might have killed her when you shoved the dollar bills down her throat. You might have killed her when you hit her with a stool. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

(Bardock, correct me if my quote is wrong.)
Quote is quite correct....missed the funny part though stick out tongue

FeceMan
Quote is quite correct....missed the funny part though stick out tongue
"She doesn't have a family; it will be like she never existed."

That part?

Bardock42
"She doesn't have a family; it will be like she never existed."

That part?

No it's the "but I know what didn'T kill her....smoking!" .....great episode indeed. Althouhg, isn't like every second of Family Guy jsut hilarious,

Cringe
That everyone for all the constructive critism and the good reviews.

The grammar mistakes are partly because the original version is double spaced and for your convience I fixed that for online.So there probaly alot of mistakes where things dont quite fit.

This is a real professional paper.Its a highschool assignment.We where asked to write a short report on a period in someones life.

This isnt meant to be a political paper.

FeceMan
That everyone for all the constructive critism and the good reviews.

The grammar mistakes are partly because the original version is double spaced and for your convience I fixed that for online.So there probaly alot of mistakes where things dont quite fit.

This is a real professional paper.Its a highschool assignment.We where asked to write a short report on a period in someones life.

This isnt meant to be a political paper.
No, the grammar mistakes are because you have poor grammar.

Cringe
What do you mean.I edited that paper about five times.And so did one of my teachers.

FeceMan
What do you mean.I edited that paper about five times.And so did one of my teachers.
Let me correct myself, then:

"No, the grammar mistakes are because you have poor grammar, and you--as well as your teacher--have lackluster training in editing and revising writing."

Cringe
Oh,ok.

FeceMan
Oh,ok.
What the hell?

You are supposed to get angry at me! You are supposed to yell at me and everyone can have a good chuckle about our verbal sparring. You can't just NOT get mad!

Cringe
I just really think it has something to do with the way I formatted it for the website because I checked that thing over and over again.

Bardock42
What the hell?

You are supposed to get angry at me! You are supposed to yell at me and everyone can have a good chuckle about our verbal sparring. You can't just NOT get mad!

Oh no.....they discovered your secret.....run Shitman...RUN

FeceMan
I just really think it has something to do with the way I formatted it for the website because I checked that thing over and over again.
No! It has to do with the fact that you are STUPID. Now, I demand that you become angry and verbally assault me!

Victor Von Doom

There are actually several mistakes of grammar and spelling in the essay. I wouldn't have much faith in that teacher.

Cringe
I have a great grammar teacher which is why I find it hard to believe that she wouldnt have noticed but then again I added some more stuff after she gave me her revisions.

Victor Von Doom
I see.

What was the purpose of it anyway, just a random assignment?

Cringe
I geuss so.I spent quite a bit of time on it though.It took alot of time to find a website that talked about the bad points in Bush's college life instead of praising him.

Echuu
I geuss so.I spent quite a bit of time on it though.It took alot of time to find a website that talked about the bad points in Bush's college life instead of praising him.

That's odd. You would think that you would have no trouble at all.

Cringe
I didnt think I would either.It was either glorifying his time at the white house or just saying the facts with no negativity behind the words.And alot of the times I couldnt even find stuff on his college life.

silver_tears
Oh no.....they discovered your secret.....run Shitman...RUN

omg I almost pissed my pants reading this, holy crap that made me laugh, bonus points to you laughing out loud

My english teacher is an essay nazi, she literally forces us to write by a book, something called the Art of Writing or something.

Cringe
wow.Whats funny about my teacher is she's a grammer teacher but yet she mispronounces words more than any human being I know.(more than GWB messed)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.