Freedom Museum disrespectful to Sept. 11 Victims?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
~9/11 Families Scuttle

Spelljammer
A link would be nice.
Though musems are stupid and a waste of tax dollars anyway..

ElectricBugaloo
I don't think that's the right place for it, but I don't know if it's disrespectful.

Though I like how one blog I read called it "UnAmerican". I love reading Conservative Blogs, especially the ones that say liberal blogs are biased

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I copied the article out when I started the thread. It appears to have gone... how odd.

My view was that I found it hard to believe that people would view it as disrespectful, especially as it honored ideals of tolerance, freedom, peace and more importantly remembrance. A good museum and suitable memorial. And also what's wrong with debate? But then maybe I am wrong.

Also, what makes it Anti-American? Once again I would have thought something that inspires thought and consideration would be good if it helped the healing process and maybe went someway towards stopping something like this happening again, even if that means showing things that might seem unflattering to the U.S. But once again maybe I am wrong.

FeceMan
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I don't think that's the right place for it, but I don't know if it's disrespectful.

Though I like how one blog I read called it "UnAmerican". I love reading Conservative Blogs, especially the ones that say liberal blogs are biased
Then you should check mine out. It will probably disappoint, but...

I don't really see how it is disrespectful. You know what IS disrespectful, though? Shitbags who spit on "the Wall".

PVS
i dont see it as disrespectful, i just dont think it should be part of the wtc attack victims memorial. make another museum you have to have a "go usa" tribute.

speaking of the wall, thats exactly what its dedicated to: fallen american troops in vietnam, and nothing more, as it should be.

The Omega
What does FREEDOM have to do with 9/11??
I keep geeting my cereals in the wrong throat when the Bush Administration keeps abusing the word... Blaergh!

Curl_Up&Dye
we should tear down every damn basketball museum....i hate them

DarkCrawler
They should make a nice park on it.

Spelljammer
You can't really be disrespectful with knowledge, maybe cold, heartless, maybe even cruel. But not disrespectful.

But as I said, musems are a waste of tax money. Besides, most "science" is grossly based on opinion. Human beings can't even agree on how the facts work when it comes to history, chemistry, or anything else in life. So what exactly would be the point of it all?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Spelljammer
You can't really be disrespectful with knowledge, maybe cold, heartless, maybe even cruel. But not disrespectful.

But as I said, musems are a waste of tax money. Besides, most "science" is grossly based on opinion. Human beings can't even agree on how the facts work when it comes to history, chemistry, or anything else in life. So what exactly would be the point of it all?

Museums seem to be no larger a waste of tax payers money than is your education. Have you ever been to a museum?

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Museums seem to be no larger a waste of tax payers money than is your education.

laughing out loud Happy Dance

xmarksthespot
I don't think it's disrespectful. It just seems an overly political thing to be placed on a site where so many people died.
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
They should make a nice park on it. A park would be nice. Parks are neutral, functional, add ambiance and are something everyone can enjoy.

EsteemedLeader
They're selfish and want all the land for their stupid 9/11 memorial.

PVS
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
They're selfish and want all the land for their stupid 9/11 memorial.

and the usless idiotic comment of the year award goes to......

(i hope you prepared a speech)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.