Thing vs. Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
Is Cyclops big league or no. I thing if hes fighting a 100 ton class he can fire at the dudes fists when being attacked.
Can he drop the Thing like he can level a moutain?

GalacticStorm
A full power blast would badly hurt the Thing. He certainly wouldnt be able to shrug it off.

radioboy121
Originally posted by Wonderman
Is Cyclops big league or no. I thing if hes fighting a 100 ton class he can fire at the dudes fists when being attacked.
Can he drop the Thing like he can level a moutain?

In a regular fight, Thing might possibly take him down. But no holds fight, Cyclops has enough power to terrible cripple Thing. Thing is far from the durability of say, the Hulk. He has been damaged by Wolverine's claws and pummeled nearly to death with his um... skin falling off him by a couple of Mindless ones.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by radioboy121
In a regular fight, Thing might possibly take him down. But no holds fight, Cyclops has enough power to terrible cripple Thing. Thing is far from the durability of say, the Hulk. He has been damaged by Wolverine's claws and pummeled nearly to death with his um... skin falling off him by a couple of Mindless ones.

Hulks durability comes more from his incredible healing factor as opposed to his skin being able to withstand intense puncture pressure and extremes of temperature. For example his skin can get sliced up by wolverines claws and his skin blisters at 3000 degrees fahrenheit, wheres wolverines claws dont do anythging to colossus and his melting point is 9000 degrees fahrenheit. Its his incredible healing factor that makes him one of the most durable of the powerhouses.

peejayd
* so Cyke again, wins this battle...

Wonderman
[ wheres wolverines claws dont do anythging to colossus

Wolverine can slice Colossus like a thanksgiving bird.

EsteemedLeader
I think it's that Wolvi can cut Hulk, he just heals instantly since the claws are so slim.

peejayd
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I think it's that Wolvi can cut Hulk, he just heals instantly since the claws are so slim.

* sure, if Hulk lets him... but if not, Hulk would cream him...

EsteemedLeader
Since when is Thing a class 100?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
A full power blast would badly hurt the Thing. He certainly wouldnt be able to shrug it off.

Ben said himself while fighting the skrulls who were in the form of the X-men in one of the issues with The Gladiator in it, that he had been on the end of cyclops blasts in the past and they didn't hurt that bad. That the skrull cyclops shot hurt worse.

Ben would have little problem with cyclops blasts he's dealt with much worse and been just fine. The question is what is Mr. Summers going to do about Ben crushing every bone in his body with one punch. Or when he thunderclaps him through a cement wall and walks up to him and squishes his head like a grape.

Ben wins this 9/10

armandovalles
^
Agreed.

Except for one change, Thing wins 10/10. They only way Cyke can win once is if he takes off his visor right in the beginning and hopes Ben doesnt Thunderclap him. So if Cyke does get one win, it'll be lucky.

peejayd
* around three minor blasts to keep Thing on his feet, and one major blow, Thing's done...

Tony Stark
Originally posted by peejayd
* around three minor blasts to keep Thing on his feet, and one major blow, Thing's done...

cool

Ben could probably walk right through Cyclops beam, not to say that it wouldn't cause him some pain, but nothing that could stop him for good.

He's taken a god-force blast from THOR in the chest and brushed it off and continued to give THOR all he wanted.

Cyclops beam has no where near that kind of power.

I do have to change my original The THING 9/10 and agree with Armandovalles The THING 10/10.

big grin

Sparkz
The Thing ROCKS! (erm...no pun intended)

Wynndar
Thing 10/10...how people get the idea Cyclops would win is beyond me. Thing survived an explosion that destroyed Ego the living planet, beat the Destroyer H2H, and broke one of champion's ribs...Cyclops' most powerful blast might aggravate Grimm, but Grimm's weakest attack...a flick of his finger would kill Summers.

long pig
Depends on the distance between them.

More than 20 feet = Cyclops 10/10

Less than 20 feet=Cyclops 6/10

Wynndar
Thing can hit Cyk with a shockwave or Thunder clap from 20 ft. He can also hit him with a bus from 100 ft. Cyc can hit Thing with a blast from any ft and it will have much less impressive effect. These guys r not on the same scale. Thing might as well be fighting the Owl.

gamewarrior
The Thing wins but Cyclops'es optic blasts might slow him down but that wont stop the him.

Metalmanx
Eh. Thing wins. But Cyke has the potential to hurt him in this fight. That's all I'm saying.

Thing 9/10.

long pig
A beam as small as a bullet would go straight through Thing's head.

Seriously, one hit with a tightframed beam and it's over.

Wynndar
how many times has something gone through the Thing's head? u under estimate his durability with nothing to back it up. Name ten people Thing has shrugged off blasts from...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by long pig
A beam as small as a bullet would go straight through Thing's head.

Seriously, one hit with a tightframed beam and it's over.

That's true, I didn't think about it.

Though it probably wouldn't happen.

This is why I said he could hurt him, heh.

I'll change it to Thing 7/10 times.

K3VIL
I gotta give this to the old good Benji.
Tony Stark I agree with you for one occasion.
Benji took energy shots from Blastaar of the N-Zone, from Annihilus, from Iron Man's armor and the list goes on.
He's not Hulk, but he's hella durable.
To avoid miconsceptions on Hulk durability:
His body grows in durability as his strenght, but mentioning Wolverine cutting him is crap, cause we all know Logan shouldn't be able to do that with his low level strenght.
Hulk's body took many kinds of attack, and is above that of Thing in durability, his amazing heal factor is just a "contingency plan" of his organism, when his durability isn't enough, there's the heal factor, plus the hf grants him incredible stamina.

DrDoom101
The thing has stood concussion blasts from Dr. Doom. Im pretty sure he can pull this off

peejayd
* are we forgetting something... Cyke got tactics... i pissed off Cyke can do this, "now or never" scenario...

* and Cyke's blasts are concussive force, Ben could blown away... that is IMO...

Wynndar
Blastaar is more powerful than Cyke and Thing has been blown to a bleeding mess from him and still managed to come back and nearly kill him with his fists...BTW, Blastaar is more durable and manueverable than Cyke...he's also more durable than the Thing or Colossus but Grimm's still managed to put him down.

Smaxxer
I think Cyke has a good chance at beating Thing (he is smarter after all, and is incredibly good with his optic beams).

I think Cyke 5/10. When he really unleashes all his optic powers... that's a lot to take for Thing.

peejayd
* Blastaar may be powerful than Cyke, but it's Thing's strength and durability versus Cyke's optic blasts. and the blasts is his mutant power, dude. he constantly absorbs solar energy, he can continue blasting Thing again and again for hours...

* Cyke also is a genius battle strategist, he will never let Thing get close too him or else, he's finished... with a certain amount of distance, Cyke wins, 7.5/10

Tony Stark
* Blastaar may be powerful than Cyke, but it's Thing's strength and durability versus Cyke's optic blasts. and the blasts is his mutant power, dude. he constantly absorbs solar energy, he can continue blasting Thing again and again for hours...

* Cyke also is a genius battle strategist, he will never let Thing get close too him or else, he's finished... with a certain amount of distance, Cyke wins, 7.5/10

laughing

What color is the sky in your generationX-men world.

#1 The THING can take any version of Cyclops optic beam with little issues.

#2 The THING is a much better fighter and tactician (By the way it's one on one neither one has any help nor are they telling someone else to do something nor calling out strategies.)

#3 The THING doesn't have to put his mits on him to get at Cyclops and put him down Throwing a bus, Semi, garbage truck, cement truck, bring a building down upon him... ETC. So many options.

#4 The THING is much faster than Cyclops he can run at over 50mph so he could chase him down without any problem if he wanted or needed to.

#5 Cyclops doesn't have anything that The THING hasn't seen a 1000 times he's been beating up on villains way more more powerful and for much longer than Cyclops has even read about.

The THING 10/10

Wynndar
Blastaar is basically Cyclops x10. Not only is his concussive force more powerful, but he is much more physically impressive. Thing has been leader of the FF and has single handedly taken on the Avengers. Cyclops isnt going to outstrategize him. Even though Cyclops has lead the X-Men against Toad and Crimson Commando, Thing has lead the FF into the dimension of the Beyonder.

Blastar and his crownies blasted Thing into a bleeding mess. But in order to protect the pregnant Invisible Woman they were there to murder, he came back and nearly killed them.

Maximum
cyclopse would win.
simple as that.
his blasts are mega strong.
all there is to it.
:]

Wynndar
his blasts r relatively weak compared to what Thing is used to. Thing's weakest attack nearly kills Cyclops while Cyclop's strongest makes Thing flinch.

xmarksthespot
Eyes.

EDIT: Too cryptic? Sorry. Are his eyes vulnerable?

Wynndar
not particularly. Although Its never been defined just how durable they r. He can survive unprotected in space or at the bottom of the ocean and fight it out with Namor. All of Thing's tissues r proportionately more durable and tough. His eyes are only marginally more vulnerable than his skin.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wynndar
Blastaar is basically Cyclops x10. Not only is his concussive force more powerful, but he is much more physically impressive. Thing has been leader of the FF and has single handedly taken on the Avengers. Cyclops isnt going to outstrategize him. Even though Cyclops has lead the X-Men against Toad and Crimson Commando, Thing has lead the FF into the dimension of the Beyonder.

Blastar and his crownies blasted Thing into a bleeding mess. But in order to protect the pregnant Invisible Woman they were there to murder, he came back and nearly killed them.

wink

You again are completely correct...

Wise...wise...so very wise you are.

I think that maybe peejayd has footies on the his bottoms.

cool

xmarksthespot
not particularly. Although Its never been defined just how durable they r. He can survive unprotected in space or at the bottom of the ocean and fight it out with Namor. All of Thing's tissues r proportionately more durable and tough. His eyes are only marginally more vulnerable than his skin. That's pretty inconclusive. Artists and writers don't usually take into account that a character's eyes should be crushed or blown up by changes in pressure, if they have durable bodies. His eyes being "only marginally more vulnerable than his skin." stated anywhere?

DarkCrawler
Is someone saying that Thing is better strategist and leader then Cyclops?

Wynndar
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
That's pretty inconclusive. Artists and writers don't usually take into account that a character's eyes should be crushed or blown up by changes in pressure, if they have durable bodies. His eyes being "only marginally more vulnerable than his skin." stated anywhere?

No...actually when he was found in space after he survived the explosion that destroyed Ego, Richards mentioned explicitely how his body was durable enough to survive decompression. His bio in the past handbooks have also stated that his soft tissues r proportionately stronger and tougher and that his five senses including vision r capable of experiencing far more stimulation than a humans.

long pig
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Heh....yeah. The same person who said "Thing beats Classic Jugs 6/10"

Anyways, Cyclops' blast>Things strength. Thing would be either K.o'd from the tightbeam attack or just kept on the defense against constant overpowering due to Cyclops continuous blasting with his visor off.

Wynndar
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Im not saying he is better. There isnt any conclusive evidence to say one is better than the other. Thing is mentally touger though. And he has been the leader of the FF....since most X-Fans r ignorant about F4, they have no idea that Thing was the leader of the F4 for quite some time...like I said, he lead them through the Beyonders story arch.

xmarksthespot
No...actually when he was found in space after he survived the explosion that destroyed Ego, Richards mentioned explicitely how his body was durable enough to survive decompression. His bio in the past handbooks have also stated that his soft tissues r proportionately stronger and tougher and that his five senses including vision r capable of experiencing far more stimulation than a humans. Body not eyes. Has he ever had projectiles strike his eyes?Originally posted by Wynndar
Im not saying he is better. There isnt any conclusive evidence to say one is better than the other. Thing is mentally touger though. And he has been the leader of the FF....since most X-Fans r ignorant about F4, they have no idea that Thing was the leader of the F4 for quite some time...like I said, he lead them through the Beyonders story arch. The tone of this suggests you do believe Thing is a better strategist and leader.

long pig
Heh....mentally tougher....eek!

Wynndar
uhhh....his bio refers to his soft tissues...this includes his eyes. Basically they r saying every part of him is more durable. He's sruvived the rigors of space, been to the bootom of the ocean and fought Namor, even been enveloped in molten rock. His eyes r not particularly vulnerable.

Metalmanx
Mentally tougher my foot.

How many times has Scott seen Jean die? Or had her die in his arms?

Hah...Thing being mentally tougher...psshaw.

long pig
Wait, maybe he literally meant "mentally tougher" as in Thing's brain is physically more tough than Cyclops.

That has to be the case, because otherwise he's really wrong.

Wynndar
Having someone die doesnt mean ur mentally strong. Its just a passive experience. Thing has suffered loss. The loss of his family members growing up, especially his older brother. He had his heart broken when he came back from the secret wars to see Johnny with Alicia. His girlfriend on the beyonder's planet died on him too. Then Sharon Ventura turned on him and tried to kill him. Later on she attempted suicide and Grimm thought she was dead. Then Thing went on a suicide mission to kill Doom.

Grimm had Richards kill him so that Doom couldnt use his body to hurt Johnny...and then he actually died....so thats a good example of sacrifice.

And oh yea...GRIMM LOST HIS HUMANITY WHEN HE BECAME THE THING.

I dont see how u could try to say the Thing doesnt have it harder than a primadonna like cyclops.

Anyway, mental toughness is when Thing comes back from near death and still brings it against his opponents. Cyclops isnt half as tough as the Thing, he's a fairy.

DarkCrawler
A primadonna?

Cyclops was joined together with Apocalypse, who is perhaps the most evil being in history.

He did it out of free will, to save his team members.

xmarksthespot
Soft tissues is very vague - it doesn't really refer to the eyes. Besides the force beams that Cyclops emits have been diffracted like light by transparent substances before, most recently by Danger. His lens and cornea aren't opaque. Force would pass through the pupil and destroy the retina.

Wynndar
Well thats your speculation. You wont believe Thing has durable eyes till he has a soliloquy about it in a comic even though his bio states that all the tissues of his being have highly increased strength and toughness and that his 5 senses can take increased stimulation. His eyes r not a weak point. Guess what...Cyclop's whole body is a weak point!

xmarksthespot
This is all speculation. Don't get all testy. His eyes are proportionally more durable. But proportional to what? Marginally less than e.g his arm is somewhat an understatement when you consider the proportional durability of musculature and bone to fluid filled eye. You saying a tight beam focusing all of optic blast force at a point won't penetrate Thing, when Wolverine who can generate a miniscule fraction of that force can isn't speculation.Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Besides the force beams that Cyclops emits have been diffracted like light by transparent substances before, most recently by Danger. His lens and cornea aren't opaque. Force would pass through the pupil and destroy the retina.

Wynndar
This is all speculation. Don't get all testy. His eyes are proportionally more durable. But proportional to what? Marginally less than e.g his arm is somewhat an understatement when you consider the proportional durability of musculature and bone to fluid filled eye. You saying a tight beam focusing all of optic blast force at a point won't penetrate Thing, when Wolverine who can generate a miniscule fraction of that force can isn't speculation.

No...we r talking marginally less durable than his skin. I didnt say anything about his bone which is obviously insanely strong. However his skin is highly durable...durable enough to survive Cyke's blasts. I can only speculate that his eyes r as well. Although Thing was bleeding in his fight with Blastaar....but Blastaar is a whole different story from Cyclops. And every single inch of Cyclop's body is highly vulnerable to the weakest of Thing's attacks.

DarkCrawler
Cyclops has cracked through Onslaught's armor, though.

Wynndar
Good point. But did he really or was it an illusion. And it wasnt the evolved version of Onslaught was it?

xmarksthespot
So Thing has cataracts?

Wynndar
No....actually his sense of vision is superior to most because it can endure much more stimuluation.

xmarksthespot
Besides the force beams that Cyclops emits have been diffracted like light by translucent substances before, most recently by Danger. Thing's lens and cornea aren't opaque. Force would pass through the pupil and destroy the retina.

long pig
I don't think you're taking into account that Thing has HEART....you hear me Xmarksthespot?? THING HAS HEART!

Metalmanx
...Cyclops doesn't? What the f**k?

long pig
Reed said Thing's heart was so powerful, it could blink universes out of existance. That's a lot of heart.

Metalmanx
Professor X once told Scott that his heart was so powerful, it can create entire universes into existance. Now THAT'S a lot of heart.

long pig
So true.

xmarksthespot
Reed said Thing's heart was so powerful, it could blink universes out of existance. That's a lot of heart. ...no matter how much heart he has it isn't gonna grow back his...

long pig
You know nothing of Thing's Heart's regenerative properties!

Thing's Heart can regenerate from a single cell.

xmarksthespot
I can't find that cartoon of the FF discovering their powers.
IW: Wow, I can turn invisible and project forcefields.
Mr F: Oh I can stretch every part of my body.
HT: Hey I can fly and set myself on fire.
Thing *looks into his tights*: Aww... crap.

pr1983
big grin

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20050304.jpg

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud That's the one. wink
Cheers, pr.

pr1983
Np... wink

peejayd
Originally posted by Tony Stark
laughing

What color is the sky in your generationX-men world.

#1 The THING can take any version of Cyclops optic beam with little issues.

#2 The THING is a much better fighter and tactician (By the way it's one on one neither one has any help nor are they telling someone else to do something nor calling out strategies.)

#3 The THING doesn't have to put his mits on him to get at Cyclops and put him down Throwing a bus, Semi, garbage truck, cement truck, bring a building down upon him... ETC. So many options.

#4 The THING is much faster than Cyclops he can run at over 50mph so he could chase him down without any problem if he wanted or needed to.

#5 Cyclops doesn't have anything that The THING hasn't seen a 1000 times he's been beating up on villains way more more powerful and for much longer than Cyclops has even read about.

The THING 10/10

* oh, and you are the great whiz kid?

# 1 - the blast that can punch a hole in a mountain? that's some logic you got there, dude...

# 2 - better fighter & tactician? now, you've got to be kidding... say, what's the color of your sky now?

# 3 - oh, so many options... think, dude. before Ben could throw or even lift a car, or a truck - Cyke had already blasted him... let's say in a sec, no... half a sec... think, dude...

# 4 - this is a fight, and not a track and field competition... again, what's the color of your sky?

# 5 - don't need to beat other villains as proof, the fact that his blasts can punch a hole through a mountain or even crack Onslaught's armour is more than a proof for me, kiddo...

* and what did your oh, so powerful Thing do against Onslaught? zero...

* oh... and by the way... you suck, dude... your avatar says it all... LOL... stick out tongue

Tony Stark
Heh....yeah. The same person who said "Thing beats Classic Jugs 6/10"

Anyways, Cyclops' blast>Things strength. Thing would be either K.o'd from the tightbeam attack or just kept on the defense against constant overpowering due to Cyclops continuous blasting with his visor off.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I see that the bong is still bubbling LP...

Not a big surprise...

I guess I'll state this on every post of yours NEVER did i say that Regular THING could beat Classic Juggs 6/10.

I do think that Spikey THING and Ult. THING one on one i think have a great shot at doing so though. big grin

Darkcrawler/Peejayd

I didn't say he was a better leader than Cyclops but I'm not saying that he isn't either thats tough to say. Neither one of them is Cap.

What i did say is that The THING "IS" a better fighter. If his track record isn't enough for you (The Champion...Etc.)

Just check out MARVEL.com the creators view on the matter of fighting skills THING 5 vs Cyclops 4

And i said that The THING "IS" a better tactician.

Pre him being cosmicly enhanced he was a great soldier and a decorated military hero in which he not only did tons of solo work but did also command many of his own troops to boot. In addition to leading the FF for quite some time through situations and against villains that where much more world threatening than fighting and leading a team against and alot of the time and losing to Toad the Blob and a bunch of sewer dwelling Morlocks.

Cyclops has already blasted him with his (oh so powerful optic beams) and it didn't do squat to him.

So lets say Cyclops hits him with his beam then The THING says stop that... That tickles... Then swats him into oatmeal with his Louisville slugger that some people call a greyhound bus.

And as far as my avatar goes hate GAME not the PLAYER.

And it's not your fault it's genetics and now they actually have either pills or surgeries for your "little" condition so there are ways for you to enhance your "short"comings.

But please if it last for more than 6 hours please contact your physician.

cool

Creshosk
And as far as my avatar goes hate GAME not the PLAYER. You know what? that's actually a pretty asstarded way of thinking. . . if it wasn't for the damned player there would be no damnable game being played by said player.

Smaxxer
I didn't say he was a better leader than Cyclops but I'm not saying that he isn't either thats tough to say. Neither one of them is Cap.
Cyclops isn't Captain America, but he's not far behind either.

Thing is NOT a better fighter, he's a brawler.

I just check out the actual comics wink

No way.

The most powerful blast of Scott will hurt Thing a LOT.

life is cruell
Scotts blast when reflected by danger to hit the xmen pushed colossus face baxkward when it hit his head. Thing wont simply be able to stand let alone walk through the optic blast then beat up cyke. Scott can blast directly under things feet to stun him for a moment or like longpig said he can use a thin blast to.... umm pierce him.

It was stated in a bio that cylops is accurate enough to punch a hole through a stack of quarters.

peejayd
wink

cool

* just look at this hypocrite... and now he says to hate the game and not the player?! look who's talking...

Tony Stark
* just look at this hypocrite... and now he says to hate the game and not the player?! look who's talking...

confused

Can anyone explain to me what was supposed to have been meant by that post...?

pr1983
I'm still laughing at this...

Now that is some funny shit...

long pig
Originally posted by pr1983
I'm still laughing at this...

Now that is some funny shit...
That's not NEARLY as funny as mentioning Thing fought Champion.

I don't think Tony here actually read it, otherwise he'd know Champ beat the holy hell out of Thing to the point where Thing could no longer defend himself. He then let Thing win after refusing to kill Thing.

But, by all accounts, Thing got raped.

pr1983
Now i wish i'd read it... sad

Smaxxer
Originally posted by pr1983
Now i wish i'd read it... sad
You didn't miss much... it was pretty horrible writing

long pig
Indeed. Thing lasted WAY longer than he should have. But, he still lost horribly, that's all that counts.

pr1983
Originally posted by Smaxxer
You didn't miss much... it was pretty horrible writing

Ah... i hate that...

Indeed. Thing lasted WAY longer than he should have. But, he still lost horribly, that's all that counts.

Suppose so...

Tony Stark
That's not NEARLY as funny as mentioning Thing fought Champion.

I don't think Tony here actually read it, otherwise he'd know Champ beat the holy hell out of Thing to the point where Thing could no longer defend himself. He then let Thing win after refusing to kill Thing.

But, by all accounts, Thing got raped.

Hater...

The reason that people bring in the fight with The Champion is because The Champion is supposed to be the greatest fighter to have ever lived with thousands of years of traveling throughout every civilization and taking on that planets champions. And when he came to earth he took out every other hero in a extremely quick fashion (HULK went HULK shredded his his gloves and dove at The Champion and he vanished him from the ring... THOR threw his hammer at him he stopped the hammer in mid flight and then realized that THOR needed his hammer to stay THOR and sent him away too.) with his combo of fighting skills and his earth moving strength.

Nobody else could last more than a couple seconds (Wonderman, Namor, Sassy, Colossus, Doc Sampson) all got taken out because they're fighting skills aren't anything special and or didn't have the balls to continue.

They all got either knocked out or they just quit because they couldn't take the beating anymore.

Ben went round after round with The Champion he had his jaw broken and still went round after round and during the contest he shattered The Champions ribs with a body blow.

They were both beaten up badly. Ben was bleeding and bruised and broken and The Champion was bleeding and bruised and broken also.

The Champion called the fight because he didn't feel that the fight may ever end because Ben would never quit and he said that he had never had such a battle and said that if the earth could spawn such a complete competitor and fighter as Ben that the earth deserved to continue existence.

Whether or not you will ever admit it The THING is the total package Strength, Fighting skills, Determination, Smarts, and Competitive nature, and the never say die attitude.

There is a reason that THOR said of any mortal he has ever known, fought with or against with he would take Ben at his side over them all. Because he does have all those traits.

Smaxxer: Caps knowledge about fighting and tactics and how to be a field general is 1000x what Cyclops is. Cyclops isn't even in the same breath.

Smaxxer
The reason that people bring in the fight with The Champion is because The Champion is supposed to be the greatest fighter to have ever lived with thousands of years of traveling throughout every civilization and taking on that planets champions.
If the Champion is the greatest fighter, then I am the greatest debater.

Wrong. He didn't want to fight Hulk because, if I remember correctly, Hulk was too stupid. I think this is a pretty lame excuse wink

Wow settle down. Thing was impressed by how long Colossus stayed in the ring. "A couple of seconds" my ass...

Do you know many heroes who easily quit ?

Thor says lots of things. He has said the exact same thing about Captain America.

Yes he is. He's off course a notch below Captain America, but not as much as you like to think.

Wynndar
Cyclops is a notch below Cap? Are u serious? Thats some crazy sh!t. Oh well...like I said, Cyclops has lead the X-Men...Thing has lead the FF. Both are quite impressive in their leader abilities. Thing is written as a pretty good strategist, all one has to do is actually read an issue of FF. He's not a dumb brute, he's actually pretty good with technology and is one of the greatest astronauts on Marvel Earth, and maybe the best pilot in the MU. Like, Tony said, he was a very decorated soldier and fighter before he ever became the Thing, hence his relationship with Nick Fury. A good example of his use of strategy would be him fighting his way out of the Avengers mansion. Could Cyclops fight off the whole Avengers? Im not concerened whether or not Colossus was knocked back by Cyclop's blast, Thing has shown he's much better at taking concussive force than Colossus...and he has taken Cyclop's blast in the past and seemed about as concerned as if he was just hit with a water balloon.

long pig
Thing gets his head taken off.

Cyclops 10/10

jgiant
I really don't know the extent of things durability, but if cyc takes that visor off and goes all out, thing is in some serious trouble...so far i say 6/10 cyc...

Creshosk
and he has taken Cyclop's blast in the past and seemed about as concerned as if he was just hit with a water balloon. I wonder if this is PIS here. . with the optic blasts punching through mountains and steel and not effecting Thing. . .

Sounds like Wolverine not being knocked down by Namor's punch. . .

What would you call someone who championed "Wolverine took Namor's punch like it was nothing!"?

Wynndar
Well in the X-Men world Cyke's blast is really respected. But even when someone more powerful, like Blastaar beats the hell out of Thing, he still managed to come back and crush him.

Smaxxer
Cyclops is a notch below Cap? Are u serious?
Very serious

Cyclops has much more "leader-experience" than Thing. And the X-Men are also much bigger (in numbers) and more complicated (and hated) than the FF.

Oh yeah, and was that the fight in which he said : I guess they are holding back ? And wasn't there a lot of smoke also ? And didn't Thing faint or so at the end ?

And big deal, Spider-Man has broken in the Avengers Mansion AND the FF head quarters plenty of times. And Cyclops has taken out the X-Men on his own. So ?

Thing didn't fight off the whole Avengers, he managed to escape. And Cyclops, well it depends on the Avengers I guess.

I'm pretty sure Colossus durability (organic STEEL) is higher than that of Things (organic ROCK).

(Just to avoid misunderstandings: I really like Thing, he's great.)

Cosmic Cube
Thing gets his head taken off.

Cyclops 10/10

Thing has way more heart that Cyclops. Cyclops always says that heart wins battles. So Thing wins.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Thing has way more heart that Cyclops. Cyclops always says that heart wins battles. So Thing wins.

...When has Cyclops said that? Seriously?

Heart can only go so far when you're getting pummeled and decapitated by an optic blast.

black robb
Everyone knows heart wins all battles. Just like Gambit. And Harry Potter.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Smaxxer

I'm pretty sure Colossus durability (organic STEEL) is higher than that of Things (organic ROCK).

Thing isnt made of Organic Rock. His skin simply looks like rock. Its much more complex than Colossus' skin.

Thing isnt getting decapitated by anything Cyclops can produce. Thing's taken shots from dozens of more powerful people than the mutant crimefighter.

pr1983
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Sarcasm? stick out tongue

Thing isnt made of Organic Rock. His skin simply looks like rock. Its much more complex than Colossus' skin.

Thing isnt getting decapitated by anything Cyclops can produce. Thing's taken shots from dozens of more powerful people than the mutant crimefighter.

Complex how?

xmarksthespot
Uh... Colossus isn't made out of steel either, it resembles steel so they call it organic steel. I've noticed this "she/he's just a mutant crimefighter" "stick to being a mutant crimefighter" thing used whenever opinion favours an X-Man over a member of the FF...

pr1983
Uh... Colossus isn't made out of steel either, it resembles steel so they call it organic steel. I've noticed this "she/he's just a mutant crimefighter" "stick to being a mutant crimefighter" thing used whenever opinion favours an X-Man over a member of the FF...

I see what u mean... seeing as that 'mutant crime fighter' has hurt onslaught... messed

Wynndar
The complexity of Thing's body is even beyond Richards at this time. In F4 vol3 Thing's body started to retaliate for the fact that he could turn back and forth from Ben Grimm and the Thing. His body produced an army of thousands of "evil Things" that Reed had to banish along with the true Thing, to another dimension. Eventually, with the help of hundreds of other Reed Richards from other timelines, Richards placed a piece of the Thing's skin in a time bubble where time would pass eons per second. That piece of skin evolved into an omnipotent being that did away with the Evil Things and also removed the Thing's ability to turn human. Richards also has a device that allows him to see into the future...and if the Thing's skin didnt remove the evil Thing's they would have destroyed civilization, according to the device.

peejayd
* Cyke wins this, he'll never let Ben rush close to him...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.