Iceman vs. Invisible Women

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
Will his sub zero temps overwhealm her shield. You can't hide from a cold.

GalacticStorm
Theres not alot she could do to him. He has a better chance than she does.

DrDoom101
IW can suffocate ppl by projecting force fields

Sparkz
If its a fight to the death sue has this if not it goes to iceman

Draco69
There's nothing Sue can do to Iceman. She can shatter him...but he'll reform.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Draco69
There's nothing Sue can do to Iceman. She can shatter him...but he'll reform.

She can shove a force feild inside his body and expand it and cause some seriose pain, so he wnt do anything, and i dnt think he can stay iced up forever.

Draco69
He's currently competely made of ice. He's LITERALLY an ice sculpture. He has no internal organs. He's just ice. That's it.

And when the forcefield shatters him...he'll just reform himself from ambient water molecules in the air.

Blair Wind
Iceman wins...peroid. IW is good and can take on lots of tougher people...but drake has a tactical advantage (he cant be physically killed anymore, basically) and then all he has to do is view things in temp vision to see where IW is if she hid herself and just flash freeze her. end of story

Wynndar
I think this just comes down to sheer power between these two. Yes Drake can reform, but when he's shattered to pieces I dont recall him making offensive moves until after he reforms. Once Iw causes any initial damage, Drake will be too focused on repairing himself. And even though he isnt "killed" by most conventional attacks, he still feels pain...and is still has relatively low will power. He got put down by some sleeping gas and lasers in BP#8...he was also contained by Eric Paine's arm and leg restraints in that issue too. A bad showing for him.

Cosmic Cube
ICE MAN SUCKS!

Wonderman
Oh i had thought Bobby had this one but all Sue has to do to terminate Bobby is put him in a bubble. then put another bubble around that one and crush him. When he reforms out of the air that was in the bubble that's his last reserve. One more bubble and one more crushing and there's no more Iceman.
Invisible Women wins.
Now if Drake could use his ice power without having to project it it would be a diff. story.
tech. she would have to seperate a new bubble from the one bobby was already in but she can do that too.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Draco69
He's currently competely made of ice. He's LITERALLY an ice sculpture. He has no internal organs. He's just ice. That's it.

And when the forcefield shatters him...he'll just reform himself from ambient water molecules in the air. Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iceman wins...peroid. IW is good and can take on lots of tougher people...but drake has a tactical advantage (he cant be physically killed anymore, basically) and then all he has to do is view things in temp vision to see where IW is if she hid herself and just flash freeze her. end of story
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/X-MenForeverdrake.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/X-MenForeverdrake2.jpg
A large proportion of Sue's composition is water.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/X-MenForeverDrake3.jpg
There is really nothing IW can do to kill him.

EsteemedLeader
She shatters him, and puts all his pieces in SEPERATE bubbles.

xmarksthespot
Unlikely considering he's an incorporeal consciousness inhabiting water molecules, who can inhabit and transfer to any body of water in any phase, including atmospheric gaseous water, indistinguishable from ambient water. As such he can effectively "teleport" his consciousness through bodies of water instantaneously. He can remove the kinetic energy from molecules lowering them to absolute zero, his powers manifest relatively instantaneously, and he doesn't need contact with the object to do so.

EsteemedLeader
But he's still stuck in a forcefield.

xmarksthespot
She can't make forcefields if she's dead.

EsteemedLeader
...I didn't know she started the match dead. Doesn't that count as prep time?

Dizzle
Sue has enough time to 'splode Bobby, somehow locate his consciousness, and separate it into bubbles, before Bobby decides to freeze her blood? It's debatable whether she'd get the first bubble off before he kills her, much less 5 or so. Even for the first one, she has to form the bubble, then will it to expand. All Iceman has to do is think "freeze".

EsteemedLeader
But if you got a bubble blowing up in you, the only thing you'd be thinking is

"OH MY GOD, THE PAIN!!! MAKE IT STOP!!! AHHHHHHH!!!"

Dizzle
But see, does she have enough time to do that in the first place? Who decides who can form a thought faster? Even assuming that it takes the same amount of time for her to get a bubble expanding as it does for him to freeze blood, he gets the quick win at least 5/10. If he can't concentrate enough to kill her through the pain (which he doesn't actually feel as a normal human would, btw) he gets blown up, then reforms and kills her. Do her forcefields block a jumping consciousness? I doubt it. I don't know if she has the capacity to kill him outright, much less do so when all he needs for a win is a half second of coherent thought.

Wynndar
Drake couldnt even handle the lasers in BP#8....IW can put down Exitar the celestial then I think this fight is an utter joke. Iceman needs to stick to being a mutant crime fighter.

Metalmanx
You guys are giving IW way too much credit. Did you see how fast Iceman frose Toad's tongue? That's just one example. He'll have flash-frozen her before she even thought about putting him in a bubble.

He wins pretty much instantly.

xmarksthespot
IW can do nothing to actually harm Iceman. He can kill her pretty instantaneously. So, yeah, the fight is a joke. And the joke's on IW.

Wynndar
good examples from IM but nothing from IW...hmmm from members who r obviously not X-Men fans...

IW is faster than Drake, more powerful, smarter, a better strategist, more ruthless, and DRake was just recently beaten by some automated security lasers

xmarksthespot
Says the member whose obviously incredibly objective with regards to FF threads.

erm I don't even like Iceman. And I've argued multiple times for IW vs Storm, a character I like far more than Iceman.

His powers act faster than IW's, he can't be physically killed, his powers can kill IW. 1 1 = 2.

Wynndar
They act faster because u say so? U cant give an example of IW using her powers quickly. This isnt even a fight, she generally keeps a skin tight field up at all times.

Drake lost to some lasers

xmarksthespot
Okay Wynndar I concede. IW is fast. She's faster than telepathy. She's faster than light. She's the fastest woman alive. She is the speed force.

OR. She creates physical constructs in a process that requires more mental steps than it takes Iceman to use his power, that always acts by the same mechanism, and once formed must manipulate said constructs towards some physical effect that will essentially leave Iceman unharmed.

Blair Wind
add to that, who gives a shit if she puts a SKIN tight forcield around her?
1) she needs to breath (mouth and nose weak spots)
2) he can just freeze her from the inside out (so weak spots dont even matter)
now what is it that shes gonna do to him again?

Cosmic Cube
Wait... how many Invisible Women is he fighting?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wait... how many Invisible Women is he fighting?

laughing lmao...i didnt even realize that....

OneDumbG0
I'm not going around bein an Iceman hater... but I just wanted to point out that xmarksthespot posted scans from a future version of Iceman who has had a lot more time to perfect his cryokinetic abilities. So that is completely irrelevant. The thread does not state: Future Iceman vs Current Invisible Woman.

I'm pretty sure there are future versions of Invisible Woman who could whip the crap out of the entire MU if she ever used it to her full potential.

xmarksthespot
Uh... no. Not future version. Continuity.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Uh... no. Not future version. Continuity. Uh no. Continuity... in the future. Give me the issue name of those scans and it becomes pretty obvious whether that is Iceman as he is now, or Iceman a few years down the road.

xmarksthespot
It's the X-Men Forever miniseries and it states within it that they retain the gained knowledge of how their powers worked. Thus continuity.

Blair Wind
ya thats were iceman realizes that he can do the water vapor stuff, and learns lots of new things....so even if they went time hoping (and who in the MU hasnt?) they all still kept those memories and experiances, which means that current iceman knows how to do all those things...anways we have listed ways as to how drake would win and defended them and shown how IW's offensive movements wouldnt work....anyone have anything that might work for her??

OneDumbG0
Lemme see. They all retained their current memories and powers... yet Juggy doesn't have his Crystal of Cytorrak... Hmmm. And your comment about learning new powers and unlocking abilities sounds an awful lot like they 'gained' something. I have no reason to think you're lying, so I may give this to you.

However, I have read X-Men Forever. Firstly, it sucked. This is off the point. Because secondly, I'm pretty sure, that is the future they're in when they're fighting the Sentinels. A future akin to 'Days of Future Past,' where Juggy doesn't have his crystal. Hence, the commando look. So by your reasoning, Iceman probably gained the knowledge of his powers from his future self since that is where they are.

I myself, will need to look at X-Men Forever at my comic shop myself. So I won't conclude anything until then. I remember there being a lot of leftover copies. Poor ass imitation of Avengers Forever, IMO.

Metalmanx
It doesn't matter if that was from the future or not.

Read (adjectiveless) X-men. Iceman is godly. He will flash-freeze IW before she realizes they're even fighting.

ImmortalOne
INdeed

OneDumbG0
Go to this link to another vs thread involving Iceman in a free-for-all against Black Tom, Magma and Storm. I basically ended it and showed my reasons why using the unnatural high-end feat of flash freeze isn't a very reliable thing to base your argument on. Simply put, an Omega class mutant like Magneto doesn't flip the Earth's poles in every battle at the moment in starts nor does he blow a huge EMP in an instant. It takes great concentration, focus and perception to manage this. Same goes for flash freeze in the reasons I state throughout the thread. I also go through a detailed analysis of Iceman's powers in case anybody is interested in reading.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=368292&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

ImmortalOne
Nice, GO, your not that dumb !!!!

But IW also needs to concentrate to create nigh-impenetrable fields !!!

Wynndar
beaten by lasers...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Lemme see. They all retained their current memories and powers... yet Juggy doesn't have his Crystal of Cytorrak... Hmmm. And your comment about learning new powers and unlocking abilities sounds an awful lot like they 'gained' something. I have no reason to think you're lying, so I may give this to you.

However, I have read X-Men Forever. Firstly, it sucked. This is off the point. Because secondly, I'm pretty sure, that is the future they're in when they're fighting the Sentinels. A future akin to 'Days of Future Past,' where Juggy doesn't have his crystal. Hence, the commando look. So by your reasoning, Iceman probably gained the knowledge of his powers from his future self since that is where they are.

I myself, will need to look at X-Men Forever at my comic shop myself. So I won't conclude anything until then. I remember there being a lot of leftover copies. Poor ass imitation of Avengers Forever, IMO.

You may have read X-men Forever but you dont seem to have grasped the story very well. The characters consciousnesses were transported by Prosh into their bodies at points in time important to human evolution. It was this experience that allowed body to gain greater control over his powers. The fact that during the story he came back to the present and pulled off what he did against Prosh and Stranger should tell you all you need to know. Either way theres no need to debate this it is a part of current continuity. Heres a mention of its events in Bobbys last bio:

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1714/page0162uk.jpg

GalacticStorm
At the end of the day theres absolutely nothing IW can do to Bobby. Her powers are completely ineffective against this type of foe. Bobby can and has used his powers in mist form. Whether or not Bobby manages to get her from the offset before she can protect herself with a shield is irrelevant. She needs to breathe he would get her eventually.

OneDumbG0
When you read that post, you defeat yourself completely. The third to last paragraph of that bio clearly states, "Two subsequent events served to shed further light on Iceman's untapped potential."

UNTAPPED POTENTIAL. Those powers he manifested in the future against the Sentinels are not his present powers and are as of present continuity, untapped. The only reason he could use them in X-Men Forever is because he existed in his future self and reatined it throughout X-Men Forever. Once they were finished however, those powers went back to being untapped. They are powers he can eventually obtain and master. The events in "The Twelve" and "X-Men Forever" are clear indicators of how far Bobby has to go in present continuity.

Now, I'm not saying he isn't powerful in his current state (or rather right before HoM, no spoilers for those who don't know!), but by looking at Bobby's performance in the last year or two of X-Men (whether it's Austen's or Milligan's run) and this own bio of yours that you yourself posted, Bobby does not have full access to the abilities that you guys are espousing will totally r0x0rz Invisible Woman.

Wynndar
beaten by lasers

Blair Wind
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
When you read that post, you defeat yourself completely. The third to last paragraph of that bio clearly states, "Two subsequent events served to shed further light on Iceman's untapped potential."

UNTAPPED POTENTIAL. Those powers he manifested in the future against the Sentinels are not his present powers and are as of present continuity, untapped. The only reason he could use them in X-Men Forever is because he existed in his future self and reatined it throughout X-Men Forever. Once they were finished however, those powers went back to being untapped. They are powers he can eventually obtain and master. The events in "The Twelve" and "X-Men Forever" are clear indicators of how far Bobby has to go in present continuity.

Now, I'm not saying he isn't powerful in his current state (or rather right before HoM, no spoilers for those who don't know!), but by looking at Bobby's performance in the last year or two of X-Men (whether it's Austen's or Milligan's run) and this own bio of yours that you yourself posted, Bobby does not have full access to the abilities that you guys are espousing will totally r0x0rz Invisible Woman.

Untapped potential....as in HE HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN WHAT HE HAS ALREADY LEARNED IN X-MEN FOREVER... eek! wow what a concept to grasp....and yet he HAS used those powers that he gained in X-men Forever... so Im not following your logic on that one...

Metalmanx
Iceman.

illadelph12
Iceman.

No contest, really.

id369
Sue no contest.

Sue "can you keep cool looking at this"
(Flashes Booby)

Iceman "OMFG!"

Iceman gets stuck in a buble, Sue crushes him slowly...........

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by id369
Sue no contest.

Sue "can you keep cool looking at this"
(Flashes Booby)

Iceman "OMFG!"

Iceman gets stuck in a buble, Sue crushes him slowly...........

And then reforms outside erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.