Theosophy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Atlantis001

bella mia
I'll have to read more before I have a decent comment... smile

Atlantis001
Yeah.. well I see that there was not much to talk about, but at least there is the site for anyone that want to know more...

debbiejo
I'll read it....Is it like "The Chronicles of Atlantis?"..big grin .....though I have heard of Alice Bailey at one time.

tax
Have you heard about Krishnamurti? I read that he left that society. Care to explain?

Atlantis001
Originally posted by debbiejo
Is it like "The Chronicles of Atlantis?

You got the idea... just like it. big grin

debbiejo
Man...there's a lot to read in there...yes....OK...pick a topic and I'll talk about it...That might be better.... reading huh

New Age, white magic...tele stuff....In fact it all sounds interesting to me...

Atlantis001

Atlantis001
Well, let me tell about what they believe in general.

Evolution of the soul

In theosophy, they believe that the human beings are immortal in their higher selves, and only our personality is temporary. They believe that we shall reincarnate, until we reach a level of spiritual development to be free of this cycle of reincarnations which is called samsara. For this it is needed to eliminate our inferior ego, or personality(just like buddhism teaches). When we are free of the cycle of rebirth we achieved moksha, or which is analogous to nirvana. To achieve moksha means that we became completely aware of our higher self, and we become one with the Supreme being. In this perspective, it is what Siddharta did when he became buddha, or what Jesus did when he ascended to the heavens. They achieved moksha.

Atlantis001

tax
hey Atlantis001. you talk about theosophy but do you believe in it? For me it is hard to believe in something which I haven't seen or experienced. Do you know why? Because the moment we associate ourselves with some believe, we close our mind to what is and create an image of what is supposed to be. It is totally contradictory.

Atlantis001

debbiejo

tax
I agree with you Atlantis that everything we know is just a another believe. Some might reject believing in things but yet they are still within the confines of believing something that is by not believing in anything. You say intuition is the answer to clarify the validity of a believe. What is intuition? Is it a perception but without reasoning, which means you somehow believe in something but can't explain why?What is the truth that you are trying to find using this intuition method? Please explain.

debbiejo
To me intuition is an inner guidance and the more you tune into to it, the more you hear...It may speak to you in coincidence, dreams, a voice in your mind that keeps repeating...A chance meeting, an inner knowing, a connection with truth....I've had circumstances just of late where I dismissed it as paranoid thoughts only later to realize it was a warning, but to my surprise it didn't end but set up coincidences that helped me out...It's learning too recognize it when you hear it.

tax
Are you telling me debbiejo, that you believe in paranormal activities? What does that have to do with theosophy?

debbiejo
Did you read through the site....It's mentioned in there...yep..and yes I do believe in some paranormal activities...

finti
ehh you know a chap called Fox Mulder big grin

debbiejo
I used to watch that show..... laughing out loud big grin .....But I'm not talking about that kind of stuff.....

tax
Maybe your intuition is just your subconscience mind trying to speak. I have heard about this mathematician who could not solve a problem but when he ceased to think about it, the answer came to him.

debbiejo
I believe it's your sub conscience or even conscience...connected with an outer source, cause everything is connected and can influence to some degree....you just have to know how to listen...

tax
Do not believe to much of this intuition debbiejo, or you will be blinded.

finti
that is a common way to solve problems

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
Do not believe to much of this intuition debbiejo, or you will be blinded.

Awww....that's crazy talk.... stick out tongue

finti
just at it is with believing too much of religious aspects then

debbiejo
Besides everybody has it to some degree...Intuition that is...It's just what people are born with.

finti
and women claim to have more of it .............yeah right laughing out loud

debbiejo
Well, that's kinda true...It is.....but everybody has it....But woman are special that way... happy

tax
You should see things as they are and not what your mind wants you to see. Look at what is and not what should be.

debbiejo
Everyone has intuition, so I'm not sure what you're getting at...

tax
Hey, can anyone explain to me more about Krisnamurti? They say he left the theosophical society.

Atlantis001

tax
Hey Atlantis001, why do you perceive that there is a truth? What if there is none? Wouldn't that be a waste of time? And if you try to find truth, you can never find it.

Atlantis001

IberianOverlord
I am a Theosophist, but i wanted to know if there is a formal way to convert someone to this religion. My friend wants to convert. If you guys know anything about it please tell me. Thanks.

I just realized you're in Brazil. My Grandparents live there... Awesome.
Muito Obrigado por sua ajuda!

debbiejo
Originally posted by tax
Maybe your intuition is just your subconscience mind trying to speak. I have heard about this mathematician who could not solve a problem but when he ceased to think about it, the answer came to him.

Yes true...does happen that way....kind of relaxing your mind, which allows new thoughts to come in....also known as lowering your vibrations.....or tuning in....and where might they come from????...well that is what science is trying to do research from....

And if you believe everything is connected, then.........only your guess. big grin

Just like what Edgar Mitchell found out who was an Astronaut on one of the Apollo Missions.

www.noetic.org

Atlantis001

finti
well you got the Theosophical Society seal as your sig though so...........

well I understood Theosophy as the craving for a knowledge for a god and that there is a truth to all religions which form the basis of them.

Convert? well shouldnt be more than believing their way to be sufficient enough to be a follower

Atlantis001
Yeah.. thats what I think.

IberianOverlord
Yeah, it is a relgion. But that's what I though, you probably just have to belive in that.

debbiejo
Still reading through your site Atlantis...I find it interesting how some old beliefs about Christ has become new again...Like a gnostic, New Age, and similar...Also like, Chakras, and Kaballa...All energy work with the oneness....and how to achieve and access it...I'm reading 4 other books at this time, so it takes me awhile.....big grin

I copied just a little here..about Christ...

The evolutionary force to which we give the name "the Christ consciousness" (a term largely used by the metaphysical groups in the world today) focused itself in the person of the Christ in a manner hitherto unknown. This is the potency, latent in every human heart which was described by St. Paul as "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col., I, 27), and is that which, under evolutionary law, brings a man eventually into the Kingdom of God and "unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." (Eph., IV, 13.) Of this potency and glory, Christ has ever been the symbol. During the present period of hierarchical tension and as a result of His decision to reappear, Christ became the Embodiment of this energy and thus entered into a closer relation to humanity .....Christ is not a real person, but a closeness to "The Source"...

Atlantis001
Its interesting what they understand as Christ.... christ actually is a expression for the human inner god, it is the divine part of ourselves, its not like another name people give to Jesus. It seems it came from chrestos (from the greek) and it was a title of respect meaning "the worthy". Christos (also from the greek) is used to designate a full intiate, someone who passed the last to be like enlightened or something.

They also relate Jesus to Prometeus, and Lucifer... those three where light bringers, as if they had a mission to enlighten mankind.

Lucifer means lightbringer ; Prometeus is the one who brought fire to mankind, and Jesus... you know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.