Mormons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Nauj
Is it just me or is this religion just crap. I mean the people are nice and all but its just plain weird and to many rules. Ive gone to there church and other things just to feel and see how it is I didnt enjoy it one bit to weird .. what are your thoughts?

Shakyamunison
No better or wears than any other Christian church.

Echuu
Actually it is in some ways. I remember watching the news when they had a story about when one of the leaders came out and proclaimed he had 'holy underwear' because the only thing he still had on after a boating accident was his trousers. They also use intimidation to keep their members in line.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Echuu
Actually it is in some ways. I remember watching the news when they had a story about when one of the leaders came out and proclaimed he had 'holy underwear' because the only thing he still had on after a boating accident was his trousers. They also use intimidation to keep their members in line.

From my point of view, it's really no different. I saw a guy on TV today who said that the hurricanes where from god to punish the sinful; now that was stupid.

bella mia
In my opinion organized religion is just ruled by doctrine..It's lost was it's true essence could have been.

True spirituality on the other hand is not religion.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Sir Nauj
Is it just me or is this religion just crap. I mean the people are nice and all but its just plain weird and to many rules. Ive gone to there church and other things just to feel and see how it is I didnt enjoy it one bit to weird .. what are your thoughts?

Mormons may be weird to others, but its their relgion and their choice. If they are not trying to convert you by force, then let them be. Why should any of us care. If people are happy, it doesnt matter what religion they chose.

Not believing what we do does not equal ignorance - many people still struggle today to understand that.

If you are a christian and not an athiest, you are ignorant. If you are a buddhist instead of jewish, you are ingorant.
If you're any other religion that does not equal believing what other people do - you are ignorant.

That seems to be todays attitude with people - which is sad.

(Sir Nauj, the comment wasnt directed at you, it was a general comment)

Echuu
I agree lil b(awesome avatar by the way) but the problem is that the Mormans use a lot of intimidation in keeping their members in line. No religion should ever do that to their members.

debbiejo
I heard Mormons believe they will become gods when they die, or something to that effect...Or rulers of other plantets.....Don't know much about them...but they sound interesting...Yep.

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
I heard Mormons believe they will become gods when they die, or something to that effect...Or rulers of other plantets.....Don't know much about them...but they sound interesting...Yep.

Yup... This belief is very weird but I respect it like any other religion.

They believe that when a morman husband and his wife die the man will call her up out of the grave... then the two will both go to some planet and have sex for the rest of their lives to populate the planet.
A morman woman must be married to a morman man to go to the afterlife. This is odd because the mormans at one time also believed man could have more than one wife...so where do the other ladies go?

Then they had to conform to laws in the U.S. of A and other countries that they could only have one wife.

darth_royke
my friends is a mormon, but shes never heard any of that, about ruling other planets and becoming god. maybe its a little different in the uk. personally, i beleive all religion to be a place to put your faith. why not have faith in yourselves and your family instead of something there is no proof of? thats my veiw though

debbiejo
Maybe they didn't tell her yet.....Maybe they tell you when you're older.. blink reading

darth_royke
well shes 22

debbiejo
Well I did read this which was interesting...

That Jesus was really Lucifer's brother in the spirit world, and it was only due to a "heavenly council" vote that Jesus became our redeemer instead of Satan.

Jesus marry? Some early church leaders taught that Jesus Christ was a polygamist. 15 Orson Hyde implied in his writings that Jesus married Mary, Martha and "the other Mary" at the wedding in Cana.

I believe they also believe in the type heavens or celestial bodies..
http://www.religioustolerance.org/lds_beli.htm

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I did read this which was interesting...

That Jesus was really Lucifer's brother in the spirit world, and it was only due to a "heavenly council" vote that Jesus became our redeemer instead of Satan.

Mhm, also one of the things they believe. If I remember correctly the husband and wife go through some weird marriage ceremony too.

Shakyamunison
Mhm, also one of the things they believe. If I remember correctly the husband and wife go through some weird marriage ceremony too.

So, you think the Mormons are strange. huh

If you keep an open mind, you could try something. Try to look at your own religion and through the eyes of a devout Mormon. I think you might find that your religion would seem just as strange. big grin

Darth Traya
Why does everyone vindicate the Mormons? They are some of the most nice people I have ever met. And they most certainly do not use intimidation to keep members from leaving, that pure bullshit.

Sir Nauj
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Mormons may be weird to others, but its their relgion and their choice. If they are not trying to convert you by force, then let them be. Why should any of us care. If people are happy, it doesnt matter what religion they chose.

Not believing what we do does not equal ignorance - many people still struggle today to understand that.

If you are a christian and not an athiest, you are ignorant. If you are a buddhist instead of jewish, you are ingorant.
If you're any other religion that does not equal believing what other people do - you are ignorant.

That seems to be todays attitude with people - which is sad.

(Sir Nauj, the comment wasnt directed at you, it was a general comment)
intresting

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Why does everyone vindicate the Mormons? They are some of the most nice people I have ever met. And they most certainly do not use intimidation to keep members from leaving, that pure bullshit. Many religious groups slander/persecute other religious groups....It's always been that way....As for me, I don't know any Mormons...

Echuu
Originally posted by Darth Traya
And they most certainly do not use intimidation to keep members from leaving, that pure bullshit.

I'm sure it's pure bullshit the information comes from former Mormons roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am also not a Mormon hater or bigot. I am just telling you my opinion that their religion is a little weird and I have a personal preference against their religion, not the people who practice it.

Shaky>......Oh of course they would think other religions are weird! I definitely keep an open mind though.

Shakyamunison
I'm sure it's pure bullshit the information comes from former Mormons roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am also not a Mormon hater or bigot. I am just telling you my opinion that their religion is a little weird and I have a personal preference against their religion, not the people who practice it.

Shaky>......Oh of course they would think other religions are weird! I definitely keep an open mind though.

What I was getting to was, you should keep that in mind when criticizing other religions. You could have found better words to convey your thoughts. big grin

Echuu
I think what I said was proper. I maybe could have used a different word than 'weird' for their religion but that's my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.