Infinite Crisis vs. House of M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Which crossover do you like better and why?

snoopdogg
Infinite Crisis never really started yet but I already am enjoying the mini-series' over House of M.

I lost interest in House of M after the 2nd issue. Although I still collect it I dont read it. Too boring for me.

long pig
Well, since now that we actually know that the crisis will change D.C back to it's "lighter, more happy" type silver age days from the boring kiddy D.C past, I'd say it sucks marginally worse.

But, I vote both suck.

Draco69
All I've heard says this isn't true. Just rumours.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by long pig
Well, since now that we actually know that the crisis will change D.C back to it's "lighter, more happy" type silver age days from the boring kiddy D.C past, I'd say it sucks marginally worse.

But, I vote both suck. So you know for sure D.C. is going back to the oldschool days?

Im impressed.

Draco69
It's not. For god's sake. THINK. You're a businessman selling comics. EVERYONE hates and despises the idea of the DC Universe going back to their Pre-Crisis days. Would you, as a businessman, do something so incredibly stupid to down your profits like a plummeting stone.

It's not gonna happen.

long pig
Mark Waid said it.

I just repeat it.

He said that after the crisis, he will finally be able to write D.C away from the grim and gritty and back to the happier more bright days of the Silver age where "Heroes were heroes and villians were villians."

Draco69
Mark Waid? I still don't believe it. I remember hearing something about this awhile ago.

And Waid can go f*** himself if he thinks this naive, childlike comic schem is gonna sell.

Comic Book
HA HA, dc will suck dick again, in marvels dust.

8bitChris
Blah...it's just extremely annoying how they are marketing the IC minis.

Come on, 8 issues, 4 different minis (Well 5 if you count the whole Donna Troy thing..) Oh wait a minute, we forgot that we need you to buy Superman, WW and other issues just to get the whole story of the minis. Oh wait a minute, we just announced that each miniseries NEEDS AN EXTRA "seperate" issue to tie it into IC.

Please, like DC didn't know all this crap from the beginning when they were planning out the year. Why can't they be honest and announce it all at once?

Draco69
*cough*

House of M.

And I agree the whole "You need to buy EVERY comic we own to understand the story" from BOTH companies is friggin annoying.

Superherovandal
DC would never make the company back to its silver age way. It wouldn't sell. DC knows that the way it is now is the way that works. Mark Waid obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

long pig
I don't know about that, man.

Old school D.C readers hate new D.C, because they are too much like Marvel.

New D.C readers like D.C, because they are so much like Marvel.

So, the thing is, are there more Old School D.C lovers than new school? Probably, yes.

Comic Book
Originally posted by long pig
I don't know about that, man.

Old school D.C readers hate new D.C, because they are too much like Marvel.

New D.C readers like D.C, because they are so much like Marvel.

So, the thing is, are there more Old School D.C lovers than new school? Probably, yes.

define kiddy. Like they put a story on why it's good to save trees ?(Captain planet type)

long pig
Kiddie=no grey area.

Basically the good guy always wins and learns a lessen at the end.

pr1983
I think people seriously underestimate newer dc... which imo has kicked marvels ass for a long time... and is nothing like marvel... marvel has too much shit (and i mean literal shit) in its line-up to compare dc to it...

i dont think it will totally revert, but maybe change a bit...

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by pr1983
I think people seriously underestimate newer dc... which imo has kicked marvels ass for a long time... and is nothing like marvel... marvel has too much shit (and i mean literal shit) in its line-up to compare dc to it...

i dont think it will totally revert, but maybe change a bit...
Agreed. They've already said this crisis isn't about reverting history or anything like that. It's an examination of the DCU. What makes the heroes and villains tick.

OB1-adobe
What exactly is house of M

Piedmon
I could hardly understand the various Countdown mini-series for all the B an C list DC characters running around.... so my vote has to go to House of M, where at least I know all the characters.

It's not really fair to compare the two, though. Infinite Crisis is basically something that's been built up to with four different mini-series, involves the talents of multiple writers and artists, and a huge roster of characters.

House of M is pretty much a glorified mini-series from a single writer/artist team, with a more limited roster of characters. Advertisements and hype have boosted it up into something it really wasn't meant to be. (Bendis originally planned it as a New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men crossover, from what I've heard.)

It's apples and oranges.

DigiMark007
From the sounds of things, exactly Jack and Sh*t have happened in HOM, so Crisis probably has more potentail at this point. At least with a massive story arc, a bunch of stuff gets shaken up...for better or for worse, it's fun to watch the change.

Piedmon
Originally posted by DigiMark007
From the sounds of things, exactly Jack and Sh*t have happened in HOM, so Crisis probably has more potentail at this point. At least with a massive story arc, a bunch of stuff gets shaken up...for better or for worse, it's fun to watch the change.

See, that right there is what's so wrong with so much of the online fan community these days. (No offense to you, DigiMark, just springing off this to make my point.) "From the sound of things," is how so many complaints and rant posts start.

I'd wager that 2/3rds of the people complaining on these (and other comic) boards about Avengers Dissassembled, Chuck Austen's arcs, etc. never even read the books. We live in an age where you don't even have to read the comic to know the story, and the story usually gets spoiled months before the comic comes out. Hell, even if (like me) you try to avoid getting it spoiled, it's damn hard, even on MBs where spoiler tags are enforced.

So most people just hear what's going to happen, and if it doesn't sound good to them they just write it off. ("Hawkeye dies!? **** that shit!"wink They don't even give books a chance to tell there story.

In the case of House of M..... well, yeah, it took 3/4ths of the story to get to the fighting. That was OK for me, because I enjoyed all the parts along the way. I'll rate it as a whole story once I've read the whole story. For now I'm enjoying it issue by issue, and each one's been good. (Yes, Layla Miller is a plot device. God forbid a writer ever resort to something so dreadfully ubiquitous as a catalyst to move the plot forward.)

pr1983
Originally posted by Piedmon
See, that right there is what's so wrong with so much of the online fan community these days. (No offense to you, DigiMark, just springing off this to make my point.) "From the sound of things," is how so many complaints and rant posts start.

I'd wager that 2/3rds of the people complaining on these (and other comic) boards about Avengers Dissassembled, Chuck Austen's arcs, etc. never even read the books. We live in an age where you don't even have to read the comic to know the story, and the story usually gets spoiled months before the comic comes out. Hell, even if (like me) you try to avoid getting it spoiled, it's damn hard, even on MBs where spoiler tags are enforced.

So most people just hear what's going to happen, and if it doesn't sound good to them they just write it off. ("Hawkeye dies!? **** that shit!"wink They don't even give books a chance to tell there story.

In the case of House of M..... well, yeah, it took 3/4ths of the story to get to the fighting. That was OK for me, because I enjoyed all the parts along the way. I'll rate it as a whole story once I've read the whole story. For now I'm enjoying it issue by issue, and each one's been good. (Yes, Layla Miller is a plot device. God forbid a writer ever resort to something so dreadfully ubiquitous as a catalyst to move the plot forward.)

I have disassembled, every issue... and it sucked imo (bar thor's arc)...

Hawkeye's death did suck too... the fact that he died at all...

And house of m, imo, doesnt nearly live up to the hype... it looks terrible when compared to onslaught, heroes reborn, the original aoa...

infinite crisis on the other hand, has so much variety... you're not left wishing your fave hero is involved, cos they most likely are...

long pig
Ugh, I hated onslaught AND heroes reborn.

I couldn't possibly see this as worse.

AoA was great, though. Best yet. Of course, I wasn't as jaded back then and I actually really thought AoA was how Marvel would stay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.