Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jplatinum
Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill people who aren't at least peak human level?
Wolverine has adamantium bones+martial arts training+inhanced reflexes(generate alot more power in punches)+peakhuman strength=
should equal a superhuman type punching power.

Martial- artists like mike reeves haev normal bones(hardened but still normal)+peakhuman reflexes+normal human strength= and they can break through 2 feet of solid concrete in one hand blow.
Shouldn't Logan be able to generate at least enough power to shatter like 10 feet of concrete in one blow(a force of several tons).

How come people like cyclops and other people can take his punches?
If they do, he must be holding back alot cause by my calcilations his punching power should be close to several tons.

How come he doesn't use this ability to just k.o. or kill people who he fights in like 1 punch.
I'd use it.

They say wolverine is overrated, no, I think they don't give him enough credit cause if they knew science,pkysics, rules of Martial-arts, and other facts about logan with these factors applied, they'd know that he should be able to do feats above the ones he is stated as doing.

I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons).

What do you think?

Sparkz
Originally posted by jplatinum
Wolverine has adamantium bones+martial arts training+inhanced reflexes(generate alot more power in punches)+peakhuman strength=

Martial- artists like mike reeves haev normal bones(hardened but still normal)+peakhuman reflexes+normal human strength= and they can break through 2 feet of solid concrete in one hand blow.
Shouldn't Logan be able to generate at least enough power to shatter like 10 feet of concrete in one blow(a force of several tons).

If they do, he must be holding back alot cause by my calcilations his punching power should be close to several tons.

How come he doesn't use this ability to just k.o. or kill people who he fights in like 1 punch.
I'd use it.

They say wolverine is overrated, no, I think they don't give him enough credit cause if they knew science,pkysics, rules of Martial-arts, and other facts about logan with these factors applied, they'd know that he should be able to do feats above the ones he is stated as doing.

I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons).

What do you think?

Well i wouldnt agree, if you wanna be realistic he wouldnt even be able to stand up, i mean that skeleton has got to be mighty heavy.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Sparkz
Well i wouldnt agree, if you wanna be realistic he wouldnt even be able to stand up, i mean that skeleton has got to be mighty heavy. Not necessarily. Adamantium may be a light, but strong metal. It's used all the time in sci-fi. In Predator 2, their bladed weapons were described as being able to cut like steel, but having almost no weight.

I can't remember the exact weight, but the Marvel Encyclopedia has Wolverine's weight around 200lbs.

Wynndar
about 100lbs

jplatinum
But the weight is evenly distributed through out his body and if you read his weight he doesn't even weight that much.

Plus his body heals itself, so if he would've had a problem with it before like when it was first put in, then he'd be healed many times over by now and it would feel as though he never had it put in in the first place.

Remember the human body is self healing from many things and heals slightly stronger than before, now take into effect that logan is a mutant, a mutant with an insane healing factor that is hundreds of times a normal fit human in top shape.

Now do you really think that little weight adjustment problem would have any effect on him now after all this time to heal and adjust to it.

Like I said, it'd be as if it were never put there, he'd move as though he did before it, possibly faster.

Now stick to the reason of the post and stop trying to sidetrack and dance around the initial question, dude.

I want someone's opinion on the subject, someone's educated opinion.

Creshosk
I want someone's opinion on the subject, someone's educated opinion. Wolverine, like other heros, holds back when he doesn't want to kill.

"It takes no skill ta kill..." ~Wolverine to Storm

Piedmon
Exactly. If Wolverine goes all out, just his punch could kill a normal human who wasn't at peak physical condition (or close to it.) Normally though, he holds his strength in reserve--he's a killer, but only to those who deserve it.

Wynndar
300lbs is weighing a lot for a guy thats 5'2"

EsteemedLeader
It's a normal punch, just feels harder on flesh. It's like, would brass knuckles make it easier to break shit? Not really.

Piedmon
These aren't brass knuckles. This is adamantium. And it goes all the way up his arm. And yes, with his skeleton Wolverine weighs 300 lb. How can he move and fight the way he does? Simple: his strength is ABOVE HUMAN MAXIMUM. Anyone who's read his series, especially the classic issues, can tell you that.

Creshosk
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
It's a normal punch, just feels harder on flesh. It's like, would brass knuckles make it easier to break shit? Not really. It makes it easier to break flesh, and bone.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Wynndar

So is 200

Marvel=DC
Superheroes hold back to avoid seriously killing some one Wolverine isn't the only person this applies to like how Batman or Deathstroke can hang with Wonder Woman one real full blow from her and there wouldn't be anything left. It takes alot of concentration for wolverine and an abnormal amount for the likes of people like Superman, Wonder Woman and Thor to hold back and temper their strength just right so they can fight regular of even peak humans with out instantly killing them. Also from what I recall wolverine is 100 and something without the adamantium and 100 pound heavier with it. If you wanted to be realistically (mind you these are comic book characters) Wolverine wouldn't be able to move as the adamantium would cover his joints and organs killing him instantly healing factor or not.

Orestes
Funny, I thought the adamantium was only on his bones. Why would it cover his joints and organs, then?

Also, I wouldn't overstate the effect of having metal-laced bones on a person's ability to move, either. Remember that medieval knights did alright encased in what amounted to a steel exoskeleton. Even weight distribution works wonders.

The adamantium SHOULD slow Wolverine down, though. But who knows ... maybe it does? Maybe that's why such a supposedly skilled guy seems to get hit constantly? stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Piedmon
Exactly. If Wolverine goes all out, just his punch could kill a normal human who wasn't at peak physical condition (or close to it.) Normally though, he holds his strength in reserve--he's a killer, but only to those who deserve it. Just a punch, a person can take loads of punishment, if he got to hit them in the temple or something, then yea...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
Superheroes hold back to avoid seriously killing some one Wolverine isn't the only person this applies to like how Batman or Deathstroke can hang with Wonder Woman one real full blow from her and there wouldn't be anything left. It takes alot of concentration for wolverine and an abnormal amount for the likes of people like Superman, Wonder Woman and Thor to hold back and temper their strength just right so they can fight regular of even peak humans with out instantly killing them. Also from what I recall wolverine is 100 and something without the adamantium and 100 pound heavier with it. If you wanted to be realistically (mind you these are comic book characters) Wolverine wouldn't be able to move as the adamantium would cover his joints and organs killing him instantly healing factor or not. I'm glad someone realizes this, people are saying he doesn't have any nerve endings or muscles to his joints.

Oh and thanks fpr noticing pis/cis...

Metalmanx
"I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons)."

...Hah...

No. Not it shouldn't. Besides, Spiderman lifts 15 tons now.

But that doesn't matter. Wolverine can't hit anywhere near that hard. Sorry, bro.

But, I'm sure his punches do hurt quite a bit, though mostly due to his martial arts training, not so much his adamantium skeleton.

It really doesn't change the feeling of the punch at all. I mean, it's not like your regular human bones break (very often at least) when you punch someone in the face. For all intents and purpose, when fighting another normal human, a bone punch would feel the same as an adamantium punch from Wolverine.

Both would still suck to get hit with.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
people are saying he doesn't have any nerve endings or muscles to his joints. Who's saying that?

jollyjim311
Exactly. If Wolverine goes all out, just his punch could kill a normal human who wasn't at peak physical condition (or close to it.) Normally though, he holds his strength in reserve--he's a killer, but only to those who deserve it.

agreed. not only to avoid killing people but so that he doesnt get tired out so fast.

anotherthing to add, most people he fights are exceedingly tough and they don't just stand there, they roll with the punches (which really does make a huge difference)

Swanky-Tuna
I think at the most he'd break some bones. And whatever damage comes from getting your bones broken that way. Probably a nasty bruise.

jplatinum
damn!

jplatinum
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wynndar

So is 200

quote:
Height:5 ft. 3 in.
Weight: (without adamantium

Yeah, but you have to remember that logan is buff and he is considerbly more muscle than just some regular guy his weight.
The same rule would apply to him as a body builder when dealing with bodyweight, like muscle takes up less space yet weighs more than fat.

A 300 fat guy would be slow and hard for him to move around.

A 300 pound muscluar guy would find it easy to move around and be considerly faster than the former.

cheldon
after weapon x, wolverine has had extreme muscle mass. he's said so himself that he cant possibly get any more ripped. the scientists at weapon x created a serum that replaced virtually all of logan's body fat with muscle. this probably explains why he is able to fight like he does with the adamantium. plus because of his high lymphocyte count (white blood cell that fights any harm to the body. logan is way off the charts compared to a human and each one is twice as big. this is the secret to his healing factor.) it takes alot to make him tire.

the writers should really let him cave in skulls more often because of his extreme strength.

cheldon
Originally posted by cheldon
after weapon x, wolverine has had extreme muscle mass. he's said so himself that he cant possibly get any more ripped. the scientists at weapon x created a serum that replaced virtually all of logan's body fat with muscle. this probably explains why he is able to fight like he does with the adamantium. plus because of his high lymphocyte count (white blood cell that fights any harm to the body. logan is way off the charts compared to a human and each one is twice as big. this is the secret to his healing factor.) it takes alot to make him tire.

the writers should really let him cave in skulls more often because of his extreme strength.

oh, and this is a bit off the subject, but Dr. Cornelius from weapon x claimed that after looking at logan's DNA, wolverine's blood could potentially cure every human disease.

Scoobless

well a regular person could be killed by a punch from another regular person.... pro boxers hands are considered lethal weapons in court.... Wolverine should definitely be able to kill someone with full strength punch... hell, even a half strength punch could crack someone's skull open

Juntai
Originally posted by Scoobless
well a regular person could be killed by a punch from another regular person.... pro boxers hands are considered lethal weapons in court.... Wolverine should definitely be able to kill someone with full strength punch... hell, even a half strength punch could crack someone's skull open Unless of course it's a comic book peak human, like Batman who has lived through blows from bloodlusted Superman, taken punches from Wonderwoman, etc.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Juntai
Unless of course it's a comic book peak human, like Batman who has lived through blows from bloodlusted Superman, taken punches from Wonderwoman, etc.

But that's Batman.

Orestes
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
But that's Batman.

Yeah, he has the ultimate character shield. He can apparently even regenerate his spinal cord through sheer force of will. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wish he'd stayed crippled like Barbara. He SHOULD have. Why is it only ever women who seem to get done like that?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
Who's saying that? You don't remember the "hunking chunk of skeleton"?

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Orestes
Yeah, he has the ultimate character shield. He can apparently even regenerate his spinal cord through sheer force of will. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wish he'd stayed crippled like Barbara. He SHOULD have. Why is it only ever women who seem to get done like that?

Because they had to make Barb interesting.

Piedmon
Just a punch, a person can take loads of punishment, if he got to hit them in the temple or something, then yea...

That's what I assumed the thread was about, not like a punch to the shoulder or something....

Although a punch to the stomach can **** you up pretty bad too, and possibly be lethal. (That's just from an ordinary human.)

Piedmon
Originally posted by Scoobless
well a regular person could be killed by a punch from another regular person.... pro boxers hands are considered lethal weapons in court.... Wolverine should definitely be able to kill someone with full strength punch... hell, even a half strength punch could crack someone's skull open

Pro boxers aren't exactly regular people though....

JediMasterLuke5
Every body

He is....

5'3"
195lbs

Piedmon
Yeah well, MY websites say 300....

JediMasterLuke5
Check Marvel.com for the offical.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Check Marvel.com for the offical.

Are you talking with or without the adamantium skeleton?

Without it, he's 195-200 lbs.

With it, he's 300 lbs.

DigiMark007
Not a vs. Moved.

Creshosk
You don't remember the "hunking chunk of skeleton"? Nope. no expression

jplatinum
I see we are getting closer to the subject.

Please people stop side tracking.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by cheldon
oh, and this is a bit off the subject, but Dr. Cornelius from weapon x claimed that after looking at logan's DNA, wolverine's blood could potentially cure every human disease.
Of course it could. The X-Men haven't been twinked out enough.

Creshosk
Well his Bio does say that he's something something diease. . .I wonder why they didn't test introducing some of Wolverine's blood to the legacy virus . . . course then again . . .

Piedmon
Because THAT would have been too simple and made too much sense.

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

Pandemoniac

I'd use it.

What do you think?

A normal person with proper training can dish out a lethal punch, with relative ease. It's not really about how hard you hit, it's the where that counts.
Wolvie must know all about that, and his extra features like adamantium coated bones and strength included, he must he holding down big time when fighting 'normal' adversaries. Do keep in mind that he is a comic-hero, and his fights have to look spectacular first of all, while avoiding to portrait him as a mass-murderer. Irregardless of his ability to kill in a blink,letting him punch every crook he faces to death will make him less popular, thus reducing the sales of comics.
So he pulls out a lot of fancy moves, messes baddies up bad but keeps the bodycount relatively low.
Have to doubt your calculations by the way. Not even Mike Reeves breaks a 2 feet thick block of solid concrete. He can be able to break a pile of thinner slabs, together measuring 2 feet. And most likely with small supports between then, leaving a few millimeters of clearance between each plate.
So no way Wolv can break 10 feet of it in a single blow. It takes a tankcannon to put a hole in a wall that thick. Much respect to logan's fists, but they ain't packing that power.

jplatinum
But you do see my point right.
That if physics can apply to other superheroes like superman when he does something, or hulk, or spiderman, why shouldn't it apply to wolverine in regard to him being able to do major damage with just a punch.

According to physics he should, and about his skelton wieght, if you didn't weight that much to begin with, then you had admantium added to your weight, that only added 100 pounds(evenly disstributed), the wieght being distributed throughout your body would make it as though it only weighed 25-50 pounds more rather than 100 lbs.
Then add to that the fact that the human body heals stronger than brfore, if only slightly(it scientifically documented/experimented/proven),
Then add to that that logan is a mutant, one with healing several hundredx that of a normal human, then he has inhanced reflexes and peakhuman strength= the(evenly distributed) weight of his skeleton shouldn't even slow him down as much as having a 50 lbs weight vest on would slow batman down.

If it did slow him down(it probably doesn't), given how fast he is, that means he'd be faster without it.

Point is, that the added weight of his adamantium skeleton would be like almost no added weight to him at all.

How else do you explain how he moves, his body is adjusted to it hundreds of times over, probably thousands(gievn the healing factor).

If you can't except this because you just don't like him then I'm sorry, but if you think about it, it makes as much sense as superman being superfast/superstrong/super everything cause he is "super".

"Super"-man is super, afterall.

So you read my post til you get what I'm trying to say about wolverine.
(Oh and many of the laws of science,physics,distribution,and gravity do apply to many of the aspects of comics. the basic ones. This is just overlooked many times by some of the stupid ones that don't like a building not caving in under its own weight when lifted by someone superstrong. Most others do apply though, its hit and miss if you can catch them. The one about logan should though.)

Drache53
Superman is completely different. I've been reading this thing from the beginning, and I wasn't planning on joining in, but I decided to. I'm a Wolvie fan, a big one. But I really don't think Logan can do as much damage as you credit him. I agree with Pandemoniac, it's not how hard you hit, it's where you hit. I, having learned a small amount of Jeet Kune Do, know this for a fact. I will agree slightly on the adamantium skeleton thing. If evenly distributed, it won't be a big problem. But, as for Superman, there's more to him being superfast, superstrong, and 'super everything' as you say, than being just 'super'. He comes from another planet. It's complicated, I'm not too big one Supes information, maybe a Superman buff could help me out here. But I believe it's because the sun on his planet was bigger than ours, thus their gravity was increased. So when he came to our planet, with our small yellow sun, it was like one of us on pluto or something, it you see what I'm saying. His feats of strength and speed may seem 'super' to us, but to him they're nothing, because he's used to more. Once again, I dunno for certain, but I think that's the reason..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.