Mace Windu and Depa Billaba vs. Assaj Ventress, General Grievous, and Durge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Faunus
A Master and Apprentice team to rival the best of them against the most feared Separatist killers in the galaxy.

mace=badass
isnt this kind of overkill?

Darth Faunus
If you've read Shatterpoint, it shouldn't be.

mace=badass
i havent i should

Lord Simus
Mace and Depa take this with ease. Sorry Faunus but this isn't one of your better threads.

Darth Faunus
You're right. You should. Because Depa deflects blasts from two automatic turrets, blow a hole through one, and redirects seven bolts through that hole. That's skilled for ya. And Mace lands six blows in a second with his bare hands. Some more skill. Then there's the fact that he, using two lightsabers, blocks attacks from a dozen soldiers armed with repeating rifles. So I really don't see much in the overkill department.

Did I mention that they're both Vaapad masters?

Admiral Akbar
Depa fights Assaj and Mace takes gg and durge.
If depa dies.. np mace gets pissed of like crazy and slaughters Assaj

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Mace and Depa take this with ease. Sorry Faunus but this isn't one of your better threads.

I doubt that. In LOE, Mace described Grievous' strikes as 'the strongest that he had ever had to encounter.' Asajj Ventress has defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi. And Durge, with an armament to cower Jango Fett, has slaughtered Jedi like lambs. The latter two were the most feared team in the galaxy. Period.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I doubt that. In LOE, Mace described Grievous' strikes as 'the strongest that he had ever had to encounter.' Asajj Ventress has defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi. And Durge, with an armament to cower Jango Fett, has slaughtered Jedi like lambs. The latter two were the most feared team in the galaxy. Period.

Erm...
Asajj Ventress is said to be a good match for Anakin (and we saw she is). Same goes for Grievous since he was defeated by Obi-Wan who again is nearly similar to Anakin in terms of lightsaber skill. And Durge was also defeated by Obi-Wan in direct combat.

Now Depa is close to Mace's level in terms of lightsaber combat and she is a Jedi Master. Mace Windu is second in command of the Order and on the top 3 of lightsaber combatants (Dooku's level). So he's superior to Anakin and Obi-Wan and I guess the same counts for Depa. Now Depa and Mace a possibly the most deadly Jedi team you can find, being Vaapad masters both and being a Master / Padawan team with a natural connection through the force.

Thereby I think Grievous and Asajj would either get killed in a very short amount of time or they would try to escape. Durge is a bigger thread (since he can't be killed that easy) but if Obi-Wan can take him we can assume that Depa and Mace both are able to do that too.

So I'd say Depa and Mace win this and yes...quite easily...

Alkaselzer
I doubt that. In LOE, Mace described Grievous' strikes as 'the strongest that he had ever had to encounter.'

I don't doubt that. Seeing as he has the splitting arms, when they are latched together, it is like making a blow with both hands on the lightsaber. Imagine him putting both double-hands on the lightsaber and attacking. Devastatingly strong. I read that he has this enhancement on the RPG site. He has a couple nifty enhancements...

guesswhosback
Grievous is incredible but in clone wars you may notice that he defeats in combat about 6 jedi with ease. Now in ROTS Obi Won seems to outclass him completely and all General Grievous can do is run and hide. Therefor I get the impression that not many people at the time could stand up to Grievous but the few people who could seemed to definitely be able to win, for example when Obi Won fights him on Mustafar he is able to predict Grievous's attacks and quite easily avoid them and with good precision easily able to find a weak point. That's why i don't think Mace would have any problem with Grievous but that would only be with great concentration. However with Assaj Ventress in the picture it will prove to be very difficult for the jedi master. He would have to concentrate on both of them and with Grievous's quick deadly manoeuvres as well as Ventress (who is no joke either), Mace Windu would find this very hard indeed but i think he is good enough to hold his own against both of them, take out Ventress and then defeat Grievous in a one to one duel but it all depends on Durge and Depa Billaba. If Depa Billaba is able to destroy Durge (which i don't think she would be able to as he is extremely hard to kill in combat) then the jedi win this but if Durge kills her before Mace beats the other two, the Seperatists have this. If Depa stays alive long enough for Mace to defeat his opponents, I think he would find a way of killing Durge. It all depends on a bunch of circumstances that could go either way.

jollyjim311
You're right. You should. Because Depa deflects blasts from two automatic turrets, blow a hole through one, and redirects seven bolts through that hole. That's skilled for ya. And Mace lands six blows in a second with his bare hands. Some more skill. Then there's the fact that he, using two lightsabers, blocks attacks from a dozen soldiers armed with repeating rifles. So I really don't see much in the overkill department.

Did I mention that they're both Vaapad masters?

he meant in maces favor(note his name)

this is actually atough one gg and asaaj vs mace while durge takes on deppa. mace might be out speedefied (jealous of me word?), and durge is no pushover by anyones standards. this thread requires me to think, therefore i say the 3 just because i like durge. i have nothing to back it up other than what goes without saying( ex. droolio durge=good with boom stick)

darthsith19
Faunus, I think you post the best battles. Your contestants are usually so even.

In this case I'm gonna have to go with the Separatists. Durge and Asajj would take on Billaba while Mace took on Grievous. Mace'd beat Grievous at the same time Asajj and Durge would beat Depa. Then it'd be 2 on one. It could go either way but Asajj and Durge work really well together so I think they could probably win this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.