Kor Vastor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Faunus
My first thread outside of the Versus Forum. . .

On topic, Kor Vastor would have been pretty damn good had he been trained as a Jedi or Sith. He was a terrifying warrior as it is, but imagine him with actual training. I imagine he would have had to have some good potential and raw power to do what he's done.

Deus Ex
I would think he would be the equal of the surpass Mace with that kind of training. If Vastor went Sith, it would be sick.

Se7in
Kor supposedly had a Force power ability to close to Yoda around that time, so he would have been incredible had his skills been honed. I don't know why the Jedi didn't take more Haruun Kal natives to be trained, seeing as how successful Windu was.

Deus Ex
That's a good point, really. Perhaps they didn't want the burden of training an entire planet's worth (or even a portion of) Force users.

Darth Faunus
Well, not everyone would be compatible. Although I too am surprised. A group of recruits with the blood of Jedi running in their veins would have been a valuable addition to the Order indeed. Especially if Vastor had been included.

SnakeEyes
I would've rather seen him as a Sith. Because, when I think of him as a character, in general, I think of him as kind of a "bad guy" even though he's not really evil. But he would just be awesome as a Sith.

Veneficus
Who is Kor Vastor?

Darth_Glentract
I'm guessing he's a Shatterpoint character.

Deus Ex
He is. Mace's nemesis in that book. But to be bloody honest, he IS a bad guy, Snake Eyes. Evil is as evil does.

Darth Faunus
He's the Shatterpoint character. The most powerful untrained force-sensitive of the era.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Deus Ex
He is. Mace's nemesis in that book. But to be bloody honest, he IS a bad guy, Snake Eyes. Evil is as evil does.

Well, he's evil in a sense. But he finds a justification for his actions, so from a point of view, his deeds are for a greater good. Just like Anakin believes.

Deus Ex
All evil beings find justification for their actions, even the insane ones.

It's more a matter of whether that is -morally- justified. In Vastor's case, it isn't. He is a creature of the Dark Side.

Darth_Glentract
Could this guy take Jango?

Deus Ex
Most likely. He gave Mace fits, and pretty much dominated Depa.

Tengu Man
Jango and Mace? guess i need to find out about this guy

Illustrious
Yeah, Kor could have been a beast, and he almost certainly had more potential than Mace.

As for why they didn't train more from Haruun, I imagine it's not part of their ideology to simply find the most powerful individuals, like the Sith. They want to find the individuals that would make the best Jedi.

Deus Ex
That is possible, but how would they know at infancy? Is this where those midi-chlorian blood sample ATMs read the future, too?

Darth_Glentract
Yep. How would this fellow do against Canderous?

Deus Ex
Could probably own Canderous. Assuming the ol' boy isn't toting the finest weaponry. I don't know on that one.

Darth_Glentract
Even Canman with his Mandalorian Armor, a constant stim injector, pimpin huge guns, couldn't take this dude? Sounds like a little less bull crap Nyax to me.

Deus Ex
well, in game stats, no one can beat Canderous. The guy heals faster than he dies.

I mean, this is actually a pretty close battle from the way I'm seeing it right now: Vastor had tremendous potential, and he could and very frequently did kill people with minimal effort. I don't think a younger, weaker jedi like Obi-Wan or Anakin could have overcome him. I think Canderous would prevail, simply because he is the epitome of war hero in the games, but if I was to go ahead and try to make an argument, it would involve in me speculating heavily on Canderous' melee and shooting skills. I'd rather not.

Darth Faunus
You forget he has those neat little vibroshields. He could take out Canderous, sure. I highly doubt that it'd be easy; a Mandalore is said to be a warrior of feared power, even by Mandalorian standards. But if this guy can hold his own against Depa, and awe even Mace Windu, I'd say he's a cut above your average Joe.

Glentract, believe me, Vastor is not from the lines of craptastical idiocy that Nyax was spawned from. He's a well though-out, reasonably powerful, and intriguing character. It's hard at some points to tell if he is a creature of darkness or a wayward warrior of justice. Trust me; read the book, and everything will be put into perspective. Stover's work at its best.

Se7in
Mandalore with heavy armor, a Mandalorian Ripper, cryoban grenades, stimpacks, and some shields could maybe take him.

Illustrious
I say it's possible he takes Mandalore. Vastor isn't like Nyax. He isn't pimped up just so he can be some dude they fight. Vastor actually has enough dimensions so that he is a believable character with good potential that was never trained.

Darth_Glentract
Could this guy take ROTS Obi-wan?

Darth Faunus
How many 'Could this guy take. . . ?' are you going to have, lol. Just read Shatterpoint and you'll get an idea of what he's capable of.

However, it is of my belief that yes, he has a chance. I wouldn't put it past him. He undoubtedly possesses a good deal more raw power, like Anakin. But he lacks the discipline and training to use it. Had he been a Sith, he would have been unstoppable for nearly any PT being.

Fishy
Well that doesn't mean a lot Faunus... All PT Sith were unstoppable to all but a few PT Jedi.

Darth Faunus
You know what I mean, Fishy. If he could stand up to Mace as an untrained rogue, imagine him trained from birth in the ways of the Sith.

Fishy
Yeah I know what you mean, he would probably kick some mayor ass. But that still doesn't mean he will beat Canderous. Who is a great fighter himself, and without such an advantage as the force he will not necessarily win.

I should have added a stick out tongue after that last post.

Nai Fohl
Well...

My personal theory is that Vastor appeared to be so strong because he was a creature of the jungle and he was in his natural enviroment where Depa and Mace both were not.

But we never have seen him engage in a real fight with a Jedi (meaning a Jedi aimed with a lightsaber). He was good in aiding his natural abilities with force powers (strength, speed - he could deflect blasters) and he had developed some skills needed in his enviroment (control beasts and plants, heal jungle diseases) but neither were his abilities refined enough to deal with a Jedi nor has he developed some skills that would be useful in his enviroment (levitation, telekinetic abilities).

In the end Mace (being injured quite badly since Depa had pierced him with a lightsaber) defeated him by force pushing a vibroshield through Vastors own vibroshields and Vastor couldn't protect himself against that.

So while I agree that he would have become a powerful force user being trained by the Jedi or Sith I don't think he would be able to kill the "major" people of the PT order in a vibroshield vs lightsaber fight (while he would pretty much own all of them in unarmed combat).

And to answer the question why the Jedi didn't recrute more of the Korunai: There didn't seem to be many of them having enough force potential to become Jedi. With thousands of Korunai Vastor had only 8 (?) of them being his personal ******* and most of the Korunai didn't show any force potential at all (only communication with animals or each other through the force). I think Vastor would have created some real "army" of force users if he had enough people having the potential needed to develop the required force powers.

Darth Faunus
Nai. Being trained as a Sith would involve a lightsaber. I agree; armed with the twin vibroshields he'd have been a beast, albeit still not good enough to take out a select few. But with a lightsaber, what's to say he couldn't?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.