K' vs Rock Howard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
Who do you guys think will win in a fight between the newer KOF hero K-Dash or The hero of MOTW'S Rock Howard?

Personally I like both of these characters so it will be hard for me to decide. I like K's technique and he does carry the Kusanagi flames but I have a feeling Rock might take this one. After all Terry was his mentor but also his fighting style is a combo of both Terry and Geese which is just brutal. So what do you guys think?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Who do you guys think will win in a fight between the newer KOF hero K-Dash or The hero of MOTW'S Rock Howard?

Personally I like both of these characters so it will be hard for me to decide. I like K's technique and he does carry the Kusanagi flames but I have a feeling Rock might take this one. After all Terry was his mentor but also his fighting style is a combo of both Terry and Geese which is just brutal. So what do you guys think?

while K` (K-prime) is a very powerful and gritty character.. I think rocks attitude will keep him on top through the whole fight.. terry taught him better than to lose control

brainchild81
Rock would beat the living hell outta K and then throw his jacket over K's disfigured face

2D_MASTER
hmmmm I like K'..... but rock has got the neo deadly rave... end of story.

dvampire
K' wins IMO.

carrotgl4z3
ill go for ROCk thats it. & that my opinion

IcePunk
Rock will beat him, but K's way cooler

brainchild81
I'm not sure about that. Rock's got 2 of the best winning poses ever.

dvampire
Originally posted by IcePunk
Rock will beat him, but K's way cooler

How will Rock beat him? I K' is better IMO.

Shirizatu16
I think Rock gots this one in the bag.Two reasons, One he was taught by terry and has geese' strength.Two Terry being the former KOf champ and Gesse being the most powerful crimelord in KOF history would give rock all he needs to take on any fight!Becasue of skills and power which i expect that K has, but its the reason he fights is what will drive him to fight, and that is what K lacks!

IcePunk
Originally posted by brainchild81
I'm not sure about that. Rock's got 2 of the best winning poses ever.
Hey, it's my oppinion

shin_remy
nah i go for K'

why, he is cool, he is always calm and lookes very carefully to the battles, his next moves, i think that when k' blocks everything and counterattacks a lot Rock will lose his focus, you see him in KOF ''Another Day'' lose his focus too and attacks.

and when that happens i think K'wil win and besieds Rock is not the only one who has great powers, K' too

IcePunk
Isnt K' some clone of Kyo or something?

id369
K' would obliterate Kyo.

dvampire
Originally posted by Shirizatu16
I think Rock gots this one in the bag.Two reasons, One he was taught by terry and has geese' strength.Two Terry being the former KOf champ and Gesse being the most powerful crimelord in KOF history would give rock all he needs to take on any fight!Becasue of skills and power which i expect that K has, but its the reason he fights is what will drive him to fight, and that is what K lacks!

Those are Terry feats though, not Rock's. K' enters the tournament just like Terry, which gives him the advantage in experince.

brainchild81
Originally posted by IcePunk
Hey, it's my oppinion & I respect it, but how can K' be cooler than a guy who has an "energy angel wings" pose, the Neo-Deadly Rave AND throws his jacket on your face? Come on now!laughing

id369
K' has more experience, is more brutal in a fight, and has gone up against stronger opponents, plus has greater potential (lets not forget that he has mastered how to control the Kusanagi flames.

Rock, his potential is said to rival his father Geese, has less control oh himself in a fight, has less control of the Violent Wave technique that he inherited from Geese, His toughest opponents have bin stated to be weaker than Geese (Grant, Kain).

I mean story wise he is clearly outranked, gameplay is out for debate thou.

Shirizatu16
well Rock's power is so out of control that he would probably vaporize K'

Like i said his ambition to fight would prevail over K'.

id369
Originally posted by Shirizatu16
well Rock's power is so out of control that he would probably vaporize K'

Like i said his ambition to fight would prevail over K'.

Hi ambition to fight vs the Rage of Flames.

K power overwelms Geese's.

And last time I checked Geese>>>>>>>>>>Rock.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by id369
K' has more experience, is more brutal in a fight, and has gone up against stronger opponents, plus has greater potential (lets not forget that he has mastered how to control the Kusanagi flames.

Rock, his potential is said to rival his father Geese, has less control oh himself in a fight, has less control of the Violent Wave technique that he inherited from Geese, His toughest opponents have bin stated to be weaker than Geese (Grant, Kain).

I mean story wise he is clearly outranked, gameplay is out for debate thou.

ERM.... K' didnt "master" the Kusanagi flames. Rather he is a clone who inherited the Kusanagi flames from Kyo's DNA. PLUS he had to have that glove in order to control his flames. I still think rock would beat him and wtf, K' having more potential than Rock? Rock was 16 years old in Garou and already was almost has good as Terry, So I dont think K' has nearly as much potential as Rock, K' is way older and inherited his powers.

id369

2D_MASTER
Ok, K' at is current state might be able to defeat Rock, i will give you that. BUT in my opinion K' does NOT have a higher POTENTIAL, like I said K's is a lot older than Kyo's thus has less time to further "master" the kusanagi flames he INHERITED, nonetheless. So because Rock was only 16 and was almost on par with Terry (whom K' never offcially beat, Id like to know where you got that info), and already competing with Guys like Kain (who was never said to be weaker than Geese, id like to know where you dugg up that information also ). Rock has his whole life to surpass Terry, Kyo, and K', this doesnt mean he will, but he has the potential to. Thats all i was saying.

id369
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Ok, K' at is current state might be able to defeat Rock, i will give you that. BUT in my opinion K' does NOT have a higher POTENTIAL, like I said K's is a lot older than Kyo's thus has less time to further "master" the kusanagi flames he INHERITED, nonetheless. So because Rock was only 16 and was almost on par with Terry (whom K' never offcially beat, Id like to know where you got that info), and already competing with Guys like Kain (who was never said to be weaker than Geese, id like to know where you dugg up that information also ). Rock has his whole life to surpass Terry, Kyo, and K', this doesnt mean he will, but he has the potential to. Thats all i was saying.

You mean were did I get the info that Geese > Kain.

I look it up for you.

id369
-----XVI. Rock Howard------

*****Mid-Boss: Terry Bogard*****

Rock:
The semifinals. If I win...
Terry:
You'll know your lineage.
Rock:
I know Terry. No mercy for you.
Terry:
Funny! Let's see your stuff. Young wolf cub!

Rock:
I asked you, buy you hold back.
Terry:
Nonsense. I gave it my all! You won fair and square, Rock.
Rock:
The finals...I made it!
Terry:
Be careful. I smell a rat!
Rock:
I know. Bye, Terry.

*****Grant's Intro*****

Rock:
I don't need this trivial final match...Show yourself, you coward!

?:
Weak dogs bark loudest. But actually this is not so. The weak are too busy
soiling themselves, I find.
Rock:
I hope you're not the latter. That would be so gross. Show yourself, wimp!

Grant:
I am Grant...The Martyr of Might...Now show me your awesome power...show me
all you have.

*****Grant's Defeat to Kain's Intro*****

Grant:
This overwhelming dread...Is this the power of Geese? The power of Evil?
Rock:
Tell me about mother!
Grant:
Geese's wife, Marie?

Grant:
Ask Kain. Argh. I'm done!

????:
To end decadence here...all the weak must die.

???:
The truth of humanity is found only in bloody battle! Grant lost? So what now?
Even if you are a relative. Then maybe my fists can teach you some filial
piety!

????:
So blood does tell all. Or maybe? ...? Grant lost?... So what now?...
Rock:
So, you must be Kain...Why did you call me here?
Kain:
I've been waiting for you.

Rock:
That picture...it's...You gotta be kidding!
Kain:
That's right. Your mother, who was my big sister! After their deaths, I took
over Geese's empire of crime. If you're Geese's loin seed, then you should
join me.
Rock:
...I can't be tied down.

*****Ending*****

Rock:
Well, answer me! Why use my mother...to summon me here? You're really
mother's...
Kain:
I did it all...for the legacy of Geese Howard!
Rock:
Geese Howard? Legacy?
Kain:
After his death...his will was found...But...it's true message...was
indecipherable to all...

Rock:
You think I understand you? Too bad. It's Greek to me! Try someone else,
freak.
Kain:
Hmm...

Kain:
Even if I know...your mother's alive?

Terry:
Rock! Where are you?

Kain:
Welcome, Terry Bogard.
Terry:
Why you! Where's Rock?
Kain:
Rock? He's here, of course.

Terry:
Rock!

Kain:
He's with me now, blondie! We're team now. So back off, wolf boy!
Terry:
What's going on, Rock?!

Rock:
Don't talk me out of this. When my accounts are settled, I shall return to
this town.

So be it! It's your choice. Just know I believe in you!

Rock:
Forgive me...Terry.

Kain:
What do we do now, partner?

carrotgl4z3
The Rock Howard Era

Since then, several catalystic events happened. Southtown was destroyed in the year 2000 (during the King of Fighters 2000 Tournament) by NESTS Syndicate Agent Zero (The Clone Zero) via a satellite weapon called "Zero Cannon." Second South Town rose from the ashes from the original South Town, but even though Second South enjoyed a comeback, the tranquility of Second South Town has been eclipsed by the next-generation Crime Lord, Kain R. Heinlein.

About 7-8 years after the tragic events in King of Fighters 2000, Maximum Mayhem (hosted and sponsored by Kain R. Heinlein) would go under way, and Terry and Rock were invited to take part of the tournament. Both Terry and Rock entered the tournament to settle their pasts once and for all.

Although Terry and Rock were to face off against each other in the finals, Grant (a.k.a. The Martyr of Might) approached the two by surprise. Terry told Rock that now would not be a good time to square off against each other since he had to fight Grant. Although Terry was victorious against Grant, he was too exhausted to proceed, forcing Rock to succeed Terry's place in the final minutes of Maximum Mayhem. As Grant started to pass away due to excessive might, Grant ordered Rock to go to Kain's mansion to learn more about his past. Terry became nothing but a spectator as Rock eventually defeated Kain with a version of Geese's Deadly Rave.

Approaching the crumpled mansion, Terry finds out that Rock is now Kain's partner, and knows that he must trust Rock's decision to stick with Kain for a while. Terry then leaves the vicinity knowing that Rock has finally left his den. Terry eventually finds Kevin Rian's partner, Marky, a moment after losing Rock to Kain. Realizing his failure, Terry then lived the life of a lonely wolf once again. Time will only tell whether or not Terry will find another cub to raise.

id369
This is what I mean that Rock at his best is compared to Geese.

Grant:

And Ignez, Zero, Krilien are stronger then Geese, witch is why I give the match to K'.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by id369
This is what I mean that Rock at his best is compared to Geese.

Grant:

And Ignez, Zero, Krilien are stronger then Geese, witch is why I give the match to K'.

I guess you forgot, K' did not beat Ignez or Zero by himself. Ignez was beat by K', kyo, Iori, and a bunch of other KOf fighters. Zero was beaten by kyo iori and K'. K' never beat any of those guys one on one, he would have gotten wasted. Also I know Ignez and Zero were more powerfull than Geese but, who the f@ck is Krilen?

id369

2D_MASTER

id369
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
ERM.... K' didnt "master" the Kusanagi flames. Rather he is a clone who inherited the Kusanagi flames from Kyo's DNA. PLUS he had to have that glove in order to control his flames. I still think rock would beat him and wtf, K' having more potential than Rock? Rock was 16 years old in Garou and already was almost has good as Terry, So I dont think K' has nearly as much potential as Rock, K' is way older and inherited his powers.

I under stand he is infused with Kusanagi flames artificially. But he did master it to control the flames, and no longer needs the glove but still wears it just because he wants to. (I think its stupid but I guess SNK wanted to keep it as one of his trade mark accessories)

brainchild81
K' should be in the crossover games. Rock'd still kick his a$$ though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.