What exactly was the Infinity crisis in the mid 1980's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What was it exactly?

What happened?

Was it a huge story?

Is it available in a big book form?

Whirlysplatt
A single linear continuity with a supposed new realism was created. It allowed revamping and updating of major characters. Zero Hour, Hyper Time etc have altered this though. Yes atrade is available - It was anaverage story as big "events" often are. I was not keen on the monitors sad

OB1-adobe
Why?

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Why?

The story is disjointed and event arcs tend to be to big for there own good. The monitors were just to generic. I didn't like the Supes power down after it etc. either.

OB1-adobe
Which one is the actual comic reprint book?

I was looking on amazon, and there are two books. Which one is the actual comic reprint.

Whirlysplatt
I have a trade paperback where its all in one but I think its been published in 2 book form - I might be wrong about this though. Mine is a single tome though. If in doubt ask the seller.

roughrider
I still have all the Crisis issues - for importance, it certainly put to shame Marvel's Secret Wars, which was just an excuse for some big action teamups. Every character in DC history made an appearence. Maybe you didn't like the Superman power down, Whirly, but it was neccessary to up sales. Other people were getting bored, and Supes book had slipped below 100,000 a month - X-Men was circulating over 500,000 a month.

Juntai
Until this crisis, it was the biggest event in comic history...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
I still have all the Crisis issues - for importance, it certainly put to shame Marvel's Secret Wars, which was just an excuse for some big action teamups. Every character in DC history made an appearence. Maybe you didn't like the Superman power down, Whirly, but it was neccessary to up sales. Other people were getting bored, and Supes book had slipped below 100,000 a month - X-Men was circulating over 500,000 a month.

All true and funniest of all about secret wars was the fact it was a toy selling exercise for Marvel and Mattel in partnership.
Yes Crisis was better than secret wars that doesn't say much though sadly.

roughrider
It was broadly written by Marv Wolfman, so as to accomidate these thousands of personalities, maybe a little too emotive. Batman, who got his own reboot a year later with Dark Knight, was a wuss, compared to the Batman we've seen since 1986.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.