Darkseid vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Thor killed Kalibak in a brief encounter, and as much as Darkseid always dismisses Kalibak as a disappointment, he is truly PISSED OFF, Apokolips shakes in the wake of his wrath. Deciding his best method of revenge is to kill someone close to Thor, he decides to challenge Odin, a worthy foe, to a duel to the death.

This is not precrisis darkseid, nor the pathetic darkseid that gets bi$ched around, this is regular Darkseid written well.

Who wins in this battle of Gods!!!

Magic_attack
Odin is way to much for Darkseid.

Superherovandal
you mean like the one in Hunger. That one would rip Odin.

armandovalles
dude the one in Hunger was pre-crisis. Masterbruce said its not pre-crisis but not the current pussy one, the one from the 90's who was still feared yet not as much as pre-crisis. An example of a fight this one had is that this version fought Thanos in MArvel vs DC and lost to Thanos even tho it was a good fight so i;d have to say he'd get beat by Odin.

leonidas
thing is a well written darkseid would also have a plan and prep because he would know he was going to be out-matched power was. your scenario implies premeditation. darkseid is certainly smart enough to find a way to beat odin, who, for being 'all-wise' doesn't always act all that smart . . .

roughrider
Despite the best efforts by Thanos, Odin laid a beating on him. Thanos can challenge and probably beat Darkseid, so I'm going with Odin here.

DrDoom101
Odin of course

the Darkone
Odin will own Darkseid even Pre crisis Darkseid, Darkseid is a lower skyfather in where Odin is one of the most powerful skfather there is. Odin can absorn all of the life force from asgard and the nine worlds and destroy Darkseid along with apokolips. Odin is not to be f**ked with 10/10 without leaving his thron room.

Xplosive
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin will own Darkseid even Pre crisis Darkseid, Darkseid is a lower skyfather in where Odin is one of the most powerful skfather there is. Odin can absorn all of the life force from asgard and the nine worlds and destroy Darkseid along with apokolips. Odin is not to be f**ked with 10/10 without leaving his thron room.

Precrisis Darkseid would own Odin and kill him terribly. But to use the one from 90 who was feared, the fight would be similar to Thanos vs Odin.

olympian
Darkseid chances are if hes pre crisis.

Otherwise Odin repeats another "Thanos beating" moment.

roughrider
Despite all this pre-crisis talk, Darkseid is supposed to be the same being before and after COIE. It's just that, despite his immense power on paper, he is written too often to make Superman look good. That makes many of his feats lower than expected and his character inconsistant. While Odin has never been written jobbing to anyone.

Darkseid at his true potential should match Odin at full power. But Darkseid is often betrayed by his temper; Odin keeps his in check.

golem370
Thanos was still going and he could die so who knows how far that fight would have gone.

Jesse7
DS in true form via boom tube, as well as the rest of the DC newgods, to them galaxies are marbles and planets grains of sand.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by Jesse7
DS in true form via boom tube, as well as the rest of the DC newgods, to them galaxies are marbles and planets grains of sand.

You used that exact same line in the "Darkseid VS Galactus" thread.

Edit: And like I said there, the New Gods have never done anything that makes me think that they could ever be that powerful. No pantheon was ever that tough. I doubt that even the Asgardians could have been that tough even in the Silver Age. Odin MIGHT have been that powerful when he was at his best.

Jesse7
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
You used that exact same line in the "Darkseid VS Galactus" thread.

Edit: And like I said there, the New Gods have never done anything that makes me think that they could ever be that powerful. No pantheon was ever that tough. I doubt that even the Asgardians could have been that tough even in the Silver Age. Odin MIGHT have been that powerful when he was at his best.

The newgods and Ds are that powerful in their true forms, they are like children of the presence in a way, they use boom tubes to depower themselves and shrink themselves so they wont destroy everything from their power and size.

Superman when he used a boomtube and saw the newgods in their true forms was amazed, galaxies are like marbles to them, DS in his depowered state (not boomtubed) can move solar systems around with his mind as though they were nothing. Now imagine how strong DS is in his true form via boom tube, when galaxies are marbles to the newgods in their true form.

P.S. As for DS fighting Galactus in the xover (which isn't even cannon I think) he wasn't even in his true form, if he was DS would have been much MUCH bigger and different in size, shape, color, matter, etc. It likely was an avatar of DS seeing as of 2004 all of DS defeats were retconned to be avatars of his.

P.S.S. Do you think all that DS has is the OE? He normally as the ALE now, so its not even needed to be mentioned; going by forum rules characters have all their powers unless specifically stated otherwise. And aside from the OE and ALE he has many MANY powers, do not assume that because he has the OE And ALE that is all he has. The newgods in a way are much like the brothers to the promethian giants.

The Newgods have been shown in their trueform, multiple times, one was when Superman went through a boomtube and saw them in their true forms, they aren't even human in appearence (human like bodies are just shells to shrink them down from destroying everything with their power and size), galaxies were like marbles to them.

Jesse7
Your right I did use that exact line in the other thread, and why shouldn't I? It fits and gets the point across.

juggernaut66666
DS 7/10

Nogoodnamesleft
Bullcrap. Even if Darkseid was only an atom that powerful, then he could never, ever have lost to Superman. Not even if he'd been shrunken a lot in terms of cosmic might. Anybody who could ever, ever have trouble with Superman is not going to defeat Odin.

Odin 20/10.

Jesse7
Bullcrap. Even if Darkseid was only an atom that powerful, then he could never, ever have lost to Superman. Not even if he'd been shrunken a lot in terms of cosmic might. Anybody who could ever, ever have trouble with Superman is not going to defeat Odin.

Odin 20/10.

DS has never lost to anyone, all his defeats were retconned as of 2004 that they were all avatars of his, I don't think the true DS has ever been shown in comics.

bigbran
P.S.S. Do you think all that DS has is the OE? He normally as the ALE now, so its not even needed to be mentioned; going by forum rules characters have all their powers unless specifically stated otherwise. And aside from the OE and ALE he has many MANY powers, do not assume that because he has the OE And ALE that is all he has. The newgods in a way are much like the brothers to the promethian giants. Question:
How does the real Darkseid, have the ALE, if the real Darkseid was the size of a galaxy?
I'm so confused.
DS has never lost to anyone, all his defeats were retconned as of 2004 that they were all avatars of his, I don't think the true DS has ever been shown in comics.
The Newgods have been shown in their trueform, multiple times, one was when Superman went through a boomtube and saw them in their true forms, they aren't even human in appearence (human like bodies are just shells to shrink them down from destroying everything with their power and size), galaxies were like marbles to them.
Ok now you just contridicted yourself, BIG TIME!!!
Make up your mind.

Jesse7
Originally posted by bigbran
Question:
How does the real Darkseid, have the ALE, if the real Darkseid was the size of a galaxy?
I'm so confused.

Make up your mind.

when DS retrieved the ALE, It was the real DS, not an avatar I believe, but it wasn't DS in his true form (using a boom tube)

The newgods were shown, but not DS specifically in that comic, that is what I meant.

juggernaut66666
when DS retrieved the ALE, It was the real DS, not an avatar I believe, but it wasn't DS in his true form (using a boom tube)

The newgods were shown, but not DS specifically in that comic, that is what I meant.
Who cares what you believe the real ds has never been shown

grey fox
Question:
I'm so confused.

Make up your mind.

Alright heres how we clarify it.

Jesse7 = DC FANBOY
Darkseid = HAS BEEN

Avatars is bullshit , fans just wont accept it.

Jesse7
Originally posted by grey fox
Alright heres how we clarify it.

Jesse7 = DC FANBOY
Darkseid = HAS BEEN

Avatars is bullshit , fans just wont accept it.

From the fact that DC stated itself that all of DS's losses were avatars? This was stated in 2004, it was a retcon, so the way I see it right now is that your ignorant to certain facts.

Jesse7
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Who cares what you believe the real ds has never been shown

Unless your not understanding the concept here, by "real" I mean DS in true form using a boom tube.

juggernaut66666
From the fact that DC stated itself that all of DS's losses were avatars? This was stated in 2004, it was a retcon, so the way I see it right now is that your ignorant to certain facts.
and desaad pretending to be DS

Jesse7
and desaad pretending to be DS

yes that too, woot you know what im talking about, sorry if I gave you a bit of flak I didn't know if you knew what I Was talking about is all, but I think you do.

bigbran

The newgods were shown, but not DS specifically in that comic, that is what I meant. You believe, hey?Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Who cares what you believe the real ds has never been shown Actually... Pc Darkseid is the real Darkseid, so tell me, PC Darkseid has never been shown?

If I'm wrong, tell me.

bigbran
From the fact that DC stated itself that all of DS's losses were avatars? This was stated in 2004, it was a retcon, so the way I see it right now is that your ignorant to certain facts. Originally posted by juggernaut66666
and desaad pretending to be DS Darksied is the most confusing character in comics. Whats the point of using him in the forums, when he has never really been shown?
I'll stick to PC Darksied, thank you.

grey fox

Please , I'M ignorant. Your the one using a one off as a fact that could 'tip the whole match' and a plot device created to appeal to ds fanboys.

Darkseid got his ASS handed to him by Supes. Accept it. No amount of bullshit will correct that .

Until we see DS get his 'giant sized' ass down to earth and lay a beat down on big blue will any of us believe you Jesse.

Jesse7
Darksied is the most confusing character in comics. Whats the point of using him in the forums, when he has never really been shown?

Their is no pre-crisis DarkSeid and Post-Crsis DarkSeid as he was never affected by it, their is just one Darkseid, not PC or post crisis.

Jesse7
Please , I'M ignorant. Your the one using a one off as a fact that could 'tip the whole match' and a plot device created to appeal to ds fanboys.

Darkseid got his ASS handed to him by Supes. Accept it. No amount of bullshit will correct that .

Until we see DS get his 'giant sized' ass down to earth and lay a beat down on big blue will any of us believe you Jesse.

DC's word>your word and opinion, DC stated that DS has never been defeated and that all of his defeats and losses were avatars of his and desaad pretending to be him.

Bottom line, DC's word on DS>your opinion on DS.

Inhuman
All this avatar talk that fanboys always spew out, plus all the wacky explinations for alot of stuff concerning darkseid is confusingly stupid.
The writters realized that they made DS into a pansy now they try to correct this with some screwy explinations. wacko erm

bigbran
Their is no pre-crisis DarkSeid and Post-Crsis DarkSeid as he was never affected by it, their is just one Darkseid, not PC or post crisis. I know, but I'm going to use his character from when he was in the PC era. Otherwise there is no proof in comics, of his appearances, or anything, so therefore, thereis no on panel evidence, that he can do anything that you have said.
Don't assume that your telling me something I don't know.

Jesse7
Originally posted by Inhuman
All this avatar talk that fanboys always spew out, plus all the wacky explinations for alot of stuff concerning darkseid is confusingly stupid.
The writters realized that they made DS into a pansy now they try to correct this with some screwy explinations. wacko erm

So its being a fanboy when I take Dc's word over another fans opinion?

bigbran
The writters realized that they made DS into a pansy now they try to correct this with some screwy explinations. wacko erm Wow, it's like you read my mind.... 100's of times!!!

juggernaut66666
Darksied is the most confusing character in comics. Whats the point of using him in the forums, when he has never really been shown?
yeah Ds is a pretty stupid character but i like him

yes that too, woot you know what im talking about, sorry if I gave you a bit of flak I didn't know if you knew what I Was talking about is all, but I think you do.

I have 178 Ds comics big grin

Jesse7
I know, but I'm going to use his character from when he was in the PC era. Otherwise there is no proof in comics, of his appearances, or anything, so therefore, thereis no on panel evidence, that he can do anything that you have said.
Don't assume that your telling me something I don't know.

Actually its the opposite, DS can do everything his avatrs haev ever shown to do, want to know why? Because the avatars are fraction of his power, a very small fraction, so if a fraction of his power can do what his avatars can do then imagine what he can do?

DS has plenty of on panel evidence of his powers, the thing is, even his top showings are all but a small fraction of his powers (avatars) projected by him.

Superherovandal
seriously what is all this complaining about avatars? i mean marvel uses the same bs with doombots and thanosi clones.

bigbran
Actually its the opposite, DS can do everything his avatrs haev ever shown to do, want to know why? Because the avatars are fraction of his power, a very small fraction, so if a fraction of his power can do what his avatars can do then imagine what he can do?

DS has plenty of on panel evidence of his powers, the thing is, even his top showings are all but a small fraction of his powers (avatars) projected by him. How do we ever know if it's an avatar?
Ya and since you said earlier, that PC Darkseid, is the same Darkseid, as the one we see today. Then why don't you use his showings, instead of using assumptions, and made up stuff, that has never been clearly stated in comics?

Jesse7
Originally posted by Superherovandal
seriously what is all this complaining about avatars? i mean marvel uses the same bs with doombots and thanosi clones.

Yeah, I'm not mad about Avatars, I guess some people dislike that DS has never been defeated and that his true form is much much more powerful, eh I dunno.

juggernaut66666
Since Darkseid said his loses were only avatars and desaad BTW

bigbran
Originally posted by Superherovandal
seriously what is all this complaining about avatars? i mean marvel uses the same bs with doombots and thanosi clones. Clones have only been used 2 or 3 times. And why do you have to use a whole company to compare it?
You really think anyone in comics(any company) can compare to how confusing Darky is?

Next we will, hear that Superman hasn't been affected by the crisis...

Jesse7
How do we ever know if it's an avatar?
Ya and since you said earlier, that PC Darkseid, is the same Darkseid, as the one we see today. Then why don't you use his showings, instead of using assumptions, and made up stuff, that has never been clearly stated in comics?

What am I using that is made up?

HisMajestyAC43

DS has plenty of on panel evidence of his powers, the thing is, even his top showings are all but a small fraction of his powers (avatars) projected by him.

so umm technically, if all we are ever shown is the "baby" Darkseids, and no matter what darkseid is ever credited to have done, it is always a "baby" darkseid that actually went and did it, i think it is safe to assume that for all intents and purposes, a "baby" darkseid will be the one present in the match between these two.

understanding that, it should be somewhat obvious to most that odin is superior in regular showings to darkseid in regular showings. *ahem* excuse me, "baby" darkseid. and that odin would win this fight.

Jesse7
Clones have only been used 2 or 3 times. And why do you have to use a whole company to compare it?
You really think anyone in comics(any company) can compare to how confusing Darky is?

Next we will, hear that Superman hasn't been affected by the crisis...

Well he was affected by the crisis, but if you have noticed, his powers have been going towards Pre-Crsis Levels over the years, except this time they are more adaptable.

juggernaut66666
Ds has damaged anitmoniter who is a multiversal threat i would like to see odin do that

Jesse7
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
so umm technically, if all we are ever shown is the "baby" Darkseids, and no matter what darkseid is ever credited to have done, it is always a "baby" darkseid that actually went and did it, i think it is safe to assume that for all intents and purposes, a "baby" darkseid will be the one present in the match between these two.

understanding that, it should be somewhat obvious to most that odin is superior in regular showings to darkseid in regular showings. *ahem* excuse me, "baby" darkseid. and that odin would win this fight.

lol its not a baby darkseid, its an Avatar, by the way "avatar" DS has some very high showings, just ask Juggs about them.

bigbran
What am I using that is made up? Your using assumptions, and you are saying that PC Darky is the one we talk about, but you ignore all his showings, and go for the confusing aproach, and you are now ignoring the rest of my post, and replying to one sentence.

juggernaut66666
Ds has damaged anitmoniter who is a multiversal threat i would like to see odin do that

Jesse7
Your using assumptions, and you are saying that PC Darky is the one we talk about, but you ignore all his showings, and go for the confusing aproach, and you are now ignoring the rest of my post, and replying to one sentence.

Their is no PC DS, its all the same DS, DC stated as of 2004, all his defeats were Avatars, also its been stated multiple times in DC comics that the newgods are only in their "true" forms when they use a boom tube.

grey fox
How do we ever know if it's an avatar?

No because this avatar idea is f*cking moronic.

THAT jesse is why GF's opinion>>DC's Opinion

You see when you have someone like Doom or Thanos it's understandable, Doom and Thanos (for all their boastings) are still Mortals. Darkseid is a self styled GOD on the other hand. He shouldn't have to pussy foot and send 'Avatars' to do his dirty work for him .

batdude123
This is making my head hurt. wacko sad

bigbran
Well he was affected by the crisis, but if you have noticed, his powers have been going towards Pre-Crsis Levels over the years, except this time they are more adaptable. Hmmm....
Their is no pre-crisis DarkSeid and Post-Crsis DarkSeid as he was never affected by it, their is just one Darkseid, not PC or post crisis.

HisMajestyAC43
lol its not a baby darkseid, its an Avatar, by the way "avatar" DS has some very high showings, just ask Juggs about them.

heh, i know they aren't babies. but from what i have seen, Darkseid avatars are comparable to Thanos or vice versa. an because thanos was not able to singlehandedly do more than hold odin off for a few panels, i don't think that darkseid would fare much better. and if by some slight chance he did fare better, i still don't think he would beat odin.

HisMajestyAC43
No because this avatar idea is f*cking moronic.

THAT jesse is why GF's opinion>>DC's Opinion

You see when you have someone like Doom or Thanos it's understandable, Doom and Thanos (for all their boastings) are still Mortals. Darkseid is a self styled GOD on the other hand. He shouldn't have to pussy foot and send 'Avatars' to do his dirty work for him .

I agree.

and although i'm not exactly a darkseid fan, i would think that if he simply presented his supposed "true" self, he would be a much larger threat, and should have little to no problems getting what he wants...

bigbran
Actually, Thanos was made to be a clone to PC Darkseid. So... an avatar should be nothing to him.

Thanos is comparable to PC Darkseid, not the galaxy sized Darky, or the Avatar Darkseids.

grey fox
Actually, Thanos was made to be a clone to PC Darkseid. So... an avatar should be nothing to him.

Thanos is comparable to PC Darkseid, not the galaxy sized Darky, or the Avatar Darkseids.

...Even 616 Thanos isn't this damn confusing.

Jesse7

Well technically going by what was said and shown in DC comics, the Darkseid from the PC era which is the same DS from present era, would likely be an avatar in most of if not all of his battles and if not a avatar, then it was Darkseid but he was depowered (not using a boom tube) as he is always depowered.

By the way, Darkseid along with Superman, both serve some unknown grand purpose to the source of DC, which is why Darkseid cannot die nor can Superman, its also why the OE doesnt affect Supes and why the SPectre couldn't kill DS.

bigbran
...Even 616 Thanos isn't this damn confusing. No characters in comics, is as confusing as Darky, not even all 100 of Superman's different incarnations. Or Hulk's 50 incarnations.

bigbran
Well technically going by what was said and shown in DC comics, the Darkseid from the PC era which is the same DS from present era, would likely be an avatar in most of if not all of his battles and if not a avatar, then it was Darkseid but he was depowered (not using a boom tube) as he is always depowered. So basically, what your saying.... is Darkseid has no feats in comics?
Is this the 4th time you contridicted yourself?

By the way, Darkseid along with Superman, both serve some unknown grand purpose to the source of DC, which is why Darkseid cannot die nor can Superman, its also why the OE doesnt affect Supes and why the SPectre couldn't kill DS. So death of Superman has no meaning to you?

Jesse7
So basically, what your saying.... is Darkseid has no feats in comics?
Is this the 4th time you contridicted yourself?

So death of Superman has no meaning to you?

First point when you say that I say DS has no feats, all of DS feats even though Avatars or his own depowered state, are his, Avatars are small fractions of his power projected mentally by him, so yes they are feats they just go to show how powerful he is that he can do those feats with just a small fraction of his power projected mentally.

Secondly if you read the Death of Superman you would see he never "died" he was just very weakened for a time, and was in cognito along the other supermen who tried to fill his spot, untill he recovered.

darthgoober
I have a question, has the relative power of DS's avatars, compaired to the real deal ever been established officially? For that matter, has anyone other than DS ever said that they had only a fraction of his real power?

roughrider

DC editors have admitted at conventions they do storylines & have characters act a certain way in spite of continuity. In fact they willfully ignore it sometimes.
Every appearence by Darkseid up untill 2004 has been an avatar?
Biggest pile of crap I've read today.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by darthgoober
I have a question, has the relative power of DS's avatars, compaired to the real deal ever been established officially? For that matter, has anyone other than DS ever said that they had only a fraction of his real power? darkseid avatar said that his power is a part of darkseid but it is very small cause he stated darkseid's power limitless

Jesse7
Originally posted by roughrider
DC editors have admitted at conventions they do storylines & have characters act a certain way in spite of continuity. In fact they willfully ignore it sometimes.
Every appearence by Darkseid up untill 2004 has been an avatar?
Biggest pile of crap I've read today.

Not every appearance has been an avatar, but every defeat and loss was an avatar or desaad. All appearances of DS non Avatar were Depowered DS (non boomtubed true form).

darthgoober
darkseid avatar said that his power is a part of darkseid but it is very small cause he stated darkseid's power limitless
And who did he say this to?

juggernaut66666
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2394/1oo5.th.jpg

roughrider
Every appearence of Darkseid eventually ends in defeat or being twarted, somehow. This would have to include the 'true' Darkseid. If it was really him, how he could have been twarted with power described like above (galaxies and planets are like marbles and dust, to them in their true form)... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jesse7
Every appearence of Darkseid eventually ends in defeat or being twarted, somehow. This would have to include the 'true' Darkseid. If it was really him, how he could have been twarted with power described like above (galaxies and planets are like marbles and dust, to them in their true form)... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The newgods were describe when in true form (and when superman saw through when he went through a boomtube) that they were unlike anything he had ever seen, galaixes like marbles, their sheer size and power would cause destruction to the universe, which is why they depower shrink them selvs so they interact with reality and creation without destroying it.

P.S. DS has never lost

Broly92
The newgods were describe when in true form (and when superman saw through when he went through a boomtube) that they were unlike anything he had ever seen, galaixes like marbles, their sheer size and power would cause destruction to the universe, which is why they depower shrink them selvs so they interact with reality and creation without destroying it.

P.S. DS has never lost
That is really just stupid no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is no such thing as pre crisis and post crisis darksied. Haven't we all been reading the same comics. Darksied and the new gods did not experience the crisis. Besides, Darksied is immortal and important to the balance of the cosmos. Odin is not. Darksied is stronger than Odin, faster, smarter, has more power at his disposal. And with all of his losses being retconned into avatars, this means that precrisis showings of darksied will be prominent once again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Broly92

NOt really. Maybe if you take the time to read the book, instead of just saying something. That is insulting to say without ever having read the book.

bigbran

P.S. DS has never lost Originally posted by Broly92

Broly92
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NOt really. Maybe if you take the time to read the book, instead of just saying something. That is insulting to say without ever having read the book.
No no

bigbran
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2394/1oo5.th.jpg Ok, now it all makes sence.
It didn't say Darkseid has never been beaten!! Nor did it say, Darkseid uses it all the time.
So basically Jesse has been making some massive assumptions.
Oh and Thanks Juggs.

juggernaut66666
Ok, now it all makes sence.
It didn't say Darkseid has never been beaten!! Nor did it say, Darkseid uses it all the time.
So basically Jesse has been making some massive assumptions.
Oh and Thanks Juggs.
in another one he says he has never been beaten

Nogoodnamesleft
Odin wins because DC is retarded. This thread should be closed due to its colossal, overwhelming stupidity and the complete and total ineptitude of whoever created it. Good day.

roughrider
There is no such thing as pre crisis and post crisis darksied. Haven't we all been reading the same comics. Darksied and the new gods did not experience the crisis. Besides, Darksied is immortal and important to the balance of the cosmos. Odin is not. Darksied is stronger than Odin, faster, smarter, has more power at his disposal. And with all of his losses being retconned into avatars, this means that precrisis showings of darksied will be prominent once again.

Thanos - the DS of Marvel - is physically stronger than Odin, but it didn't stop him getting thrashed around like a rag doll by Odin.

juggernaut66666

Sub_Mariner
Odin wins because DC is retarded. This thread should be closed due to its colossal, overwhelming stupidity and the complete and total ineptitude of whoever created it. Good day.

Get a life.

Just because DC is retarded doesn't mean someone auto matically wins.

Stupid n00b, judge stuff on the panel, not because you don't like a company.

nvrbeenwthagirl

You mean like how Galactus is always getting beaten up by less than cosmic people but people always have the excuse that he was Hungry? Or how about the fact that thanos is so smart but he always looses? or how come odin is so powerful, but he is meant to die? I tell you. These damn Comics characters. always doing stupid things. The silver surfer letting the incredible hulk or wolverine get the drop on him. Dr. Strange actually being able to fight thanos with the IG for a few minutes but can't keep scarlet witch in check and has to talk about killing her. Yeah. talk about stupid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos - the DS of Marvel - is physically stronger than Odin, but it didn't stop him getting thrashed around like a rag doll by Odin.

Thanosis nothing compared to marvel. You know nothing of darksied. Go read the great darkness saga. Thanos wishes to be darksied. Even when they met in the cross over, darkseid called thanos a pale imitation. which he is. even kirby wrote the eternals after the new gods.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Get a life.

Just because DC is retarded doesn't mean someone auto matically wins.

Stupid n00b, judge stuff on the panel, not because you don't like a company.
twoot

Broly92
You mean like how Galactus is always getting beaten up by less than cosmic people but people always have the excuse that he was Hungry? Or how about the fact that thanos is so smart but he always looses? or how come odin is so powerful, but he is meant to die? I tell you. These damn Comics characters. always doing stupid things. The silver surfer letting the incredible hulk or wolverine get the drop on him. Dr. Strange actually being able to fight thanos with the IG for a few minutes but can't keep scarlet witch in check and has to talk about killing her. Yeah. talk about stupid.
Thanos always loses what?

Wolverine and Silver Surfer wtf?

Sub_Mariner
twoot

It had to be said.

stick out tongue

Thanos_THOTU
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2394/1oo5.th.jpg
"Nearly infinite" is not "limitless"...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos always loses what?

Wolverine and Silver Surfer wtf?

Did I studder? On these forums, silver surfer is hailed as almighty, but noth hulk, and wolverine have laid thier hands on him. The Dr. Strange has held thanos with the ig in check but can't remove scarlet witche's powers without ending her life? WTF. and galactus so powerful, but every time he is beaten, he was hungry. But darksied can't have avatars. I tell you about hippocritism.

Broly92
Thanosis nothing compared to marvel. You know nothing of darksied. Go read the great darkness saga. Thanos wishes to be darksied. Even when they met in the cross over, darkseid called thanos a pale imitation. which he is. even kirby wrote the eternals after the new gods.
Do you really live in Chicago? because if you do you are a disgrace to a great city! mad

Broly92
Did I studder? On these forums, silver surfer is hailed as almighty, but noth hulk, and wolverine have laid thier hands on him. The Dr. Strange has held thanos with the ig in check but can't remove scarlet witche's powers without ending her life? WTF. and galactus so powerful, but every time he is beaten, he was hungry. But darksied can't have avatars. I tell you about hippocritism.
So Thanos loses all the time by being stopped by Dr.Strange once What the f**k?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
"Nearly infinite" is not "limitless"...

The avatars that are so much weaker than the true form are able to give even superman a run for his money, the avatars themselves have kicked some serious as. so a darkseid avatar is nearly as powerful as thanos is, and it's just a fraction of darkseid's power. and let's not forget, we dont' know how many he has out there at one time. what his concentration is like when he's doing all of these things. for him to be able to do this speaks volumes of his power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Thanos loses all the time by being stopped by Dr.Strange once What the f**k?

NO your not getting what i'm saying. SOmeone is trying to bash the avatars of darksied but they never ever bash the marvel characters for thier inconsistant ways. that is all i'm saying. read what i wrote again. Dr. strange has the power to stop thanos but can't stop scarlet witch? you see what i'm saying. you guys are always extremely hard on dc characters when the marvel ones have just as many rediculous showings.

Thanos_THOTU
The avatars that are so much weaker than the true form are able to give even superman a run for his money, the avatars themselves have kicked some serious as. so a darkseid avatar is nearly as powerful as thanos is, and it's just a fraction of darkseid's power. and let's not forget, we dont' know how many he has out there at one time. what his concentration is like when he's doing all of these things. for him to be able to do this speaks volumes of his power.
Yes but beings like Galactus (full power) have true infinite power.

A little tip, next time when you're about to make a long replay:
Fill it in with a little air, Something like this:

Blahaha

Blahaha

My eyes are metling while reading your long posts.

Broly92
NO your not getting what i'm saying. SOmeone is trying to bash the avatars of darksied but they never ever bash the marvel characters for thier inconsistant ways. that is all i'm saying. read what i wrote again. Dr. strange has the power to stop thanos but can't stop scarlet witch? you see what i'm saying. you guys are always extremely hard on dc characters when the marvel ones have just as many rediculous showings.
Or how about the fact that thanos is so smart but he always looses?
That is you unless I am mistaken?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes but beings like Galactus (full power) have true infinite power.

A little tip, next time when you're about to make a long replay:
Fill it in with a little air, Something like this:

Blahaha

Blahaha

My eyes are metling while reading your long posts.

Get new glasses or skip over my post. I won't loose any sleep if youdon't read them or respond.

darthgoober
in another one he says he has never been beaten
Wait, so now we're just going to take Darkseid's word for it? laughing out loud In that case, when the Magus had an incomplete Infinity Gauntlet, he must have really been God. And Dr. Doom must really be more powerful than EVERYBODY(even pre recton Molecule Man). See, I've been under the impression that all this crap was official and such, but it turns out that it's just a bunch of crap that DS said about himself.

juggernaut66666

Sub_Mariner

High Five me on this sh*t Juggernaut.

stick out tongue

No, seriously Darkseid takes Odin, Now i love Marvel.

Marvel>>>DC in my eyes, but I am ready to admin Odin goes down here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait, so now we're just going to take Darkseid's word for it? laughing out loud In that case, when the Magus had an incomplete Infinity Gauntlet, he must have really been God. And Dr. Doom must really be more powerful than EVERYBODY(even pre recton Molecule Man). See, I've been under the impression that all this crap was official and such, but it turns out that it's just a bunch of crap that DS said about himself.

we take thanos's word for it when he says he is the ruler of this reality and all others. people use it all the time with no actual on proof panel. But we take his word for it. So yeah, we are going to take Darksied's word for it. Unless thanos being the ruler of many realities with the ig was just a bunch of crap he said about himself.

juggernaut66666

stick out tongue

it goes like this since odin has beaten thanos why should darkseid be able to beat odin????

BECAUSE DARKSEID IS FAR MORE POWERFULL THAN FCUKIN THANOS THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broly92
we take thanos's word for it when he says he is the ruler of this reality and all others. people use it all the time with no actual on proof panel. But we take his word for it. So yeah, we are going to take Darksied's word for it. Unless thanos being the ruler of many realities with the ig was just a bunch of crap he said about himself.
Way to ignore my post!

JOE NUNEZ
hey in toonami the Fantastic Four are about to battle Ronin the Accuser.

juggernaut66666

stick out tongue

it goes like this since odin has beaten thanos why should darkseid be able to beat odin????

BECAUSE DARKSEID IS FAR MORE POWERFULL THAN FCUKIN THANOS THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broly92

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpg

And Wolverine was a cosmic at one point so what?

Sub_Mariner

BECAUSE DARKSEID IS FAR MORE POWERFULL THAN FCUKIN THANOS THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing

OdIN WNIS BCOS DC SI RTEADRED!!!

Damn that nearly made me puke.

Thanos_THOTU
Get new glasses or skip over my post. I won't loose any sleep if youdon't read them or respond.
... I asked nicely if you could take a second or two and make you're post readable.
But the answer I get is ignorant and selfish.

Seriously...

Sub_Mariner
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpg

And Wolverine was a cosmic at one point so what?

Wow, he was cosmic, what the hell does that have to do with this arugment?

Broly92
Everyone has done something way beyond them at one point!

Thanos_THOTU
laughing laughing

OdIN WNIS BCOS DC SI RTEADRED!!!

Damn that nearly made me puke.
Marvel is more populer than DC, and it's only because: Marvel is better...
As simple as that...

juggernaut66666
hm Nothing cause that was supposed to be an idiot joke

Sub_Mariner
Everyone has done something way beyond them at one point!

How is being Cosmic beyond Thanos and DS?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Way to ignore my post!

Basically if Thanos had no reason to lie about himself being that he was omnipotent and all, niether does Darksied have to lie to Vikying. If you actually read the books like some of us, you would know that Darkseid admires certain new gods becuz of thier power or intelligence, like Vyking, and has no reason to lie to him. Also, I read the great Darksness Saga, Darksied is as easily as powerful as Galactus. So um yeah, he smashes odin and the entire asgaurdian empire to pieces.

Sub_Mariner
As simple as that...

Yes Marvel is better i believe some people may disagree, but Odin looses this fight.

juggernaut66666
As simple as that...
That doesn't make marvel characters stronger dummy

Inhuman

BECAUSE DARKSEID IS FAR MORE POWERFULL THAN FCUKIN THANOS THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
The suposedly true ds that has no showings?
avatars were just an excuse to TRY to mend ds rep of his being supes punching bag.
If ds is really uber powerfull, why try and get the ale? Why focus alot of his time on an earth hero(supes)? ect, ect. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos_THOTU
That doesn't make marvel characters stronger dummy
I never said that...

roughrider
I've been following Darkseid since the 80's, young man. Don't blame me that DC editorial has had a schizo handle on him virtually since Kirby left The New Gods. Why has he gotten the handle Jobberseid, on this forum?
Equivelent to Galactus at Marvel, some have claimed. Big G has never been as inconsistently handled as Darkseid.

Broly92
hm Nothing cause that was supposed to be an idiot joke
No it wasn't

juggernaut66666
lol
avatars were just an excuse to TRY to mend ds rep of his being supes punching bag.
If ds is really uber powerfull, why try and get the ale? Why focus alot of his time on an earth hero(supes)? ect, ect. roll eyes (sarcastic)
go to darkseid respect thread then come back till then don't post please

Sub_Mariner
lol

He wanted the ALE to wipe out Free-Will...

He probably could of achieved it without it but it would have been much harder.

Accel
I've been following Darkseid since the 80's, young man. Don't blame me that DC editorial has had a schizo handle on him virtually since Kirby left The New Gods. Why has he gotten the handle Jobberseid, on this forum?
Equivelent to Galactus at Marvel, some have claimed. Big G has never been as inconsistently handled as Darkseid.
You're right. Galactus gets his ass handed to him a lot more than Darkseid.

Inhuman
go to darkseid respect thread then come back till then don't post please

acording to some we have never seen the TRUE ds. thats why that was posted.
which is total bs imo.

juggernaut66666
He wanted the ALE to wipe out Free-Will...

He probably could of achieved it without it but it would have been much harder.
i give up guys just keep coming with stupid statements which has nothing to do with the fight

Darkseid hurt the Antimoniter badly odin wouldn't be able to even scratch it match over

roughrider
Originally posted by Accel
You're right. Galactus gets his ass handed to him a lot more than Darkseid.

Wrong. Backwards.

Even if Galactus does lose, it's to an equal or greater power.
Not like the beings who should be far below Darkseid.

Sub_Mariner
i give up guys just keep coming with stupid statements which has nothing to do with the fight

Darkseid hurt the Antimoniter badly odin wouldn't be able to even scratch it match over

Was that first bit aimed at me?

I was simply answering Inhuman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wrong. Backwards.

yeah like the fantastic four and Thor. lol.

Thanos_THOTU

I thought Pre-crisis wasent allowed...

darthgoober
But the difference is that Thanos had unreal on panel feats to make that statement creditable. Darkseid, or rather Baby Darkseid, was just running of at the mouth, and there wasn't really anything to back that up, we just had his word for it(and considering the fact that Darkseid is a master manipulator, it's kind of DUMB to take his word at face value).

juggernaut66666
LOOOOOL I have told this a 100 times Darkseid wasn't effected by the crisis

bigbran
You mean like how Galactus is always getting beaten up by less than cosmic people but people always have the excuse that he was Hungry? Or how about the fact that thanos is so smart but he always looses? or how come odin is so powerful, but he is meant to die? I tell you. These damn Comics characters. always doing stupid things. The silver surfer letting the incredible hulk or wolverine get the drop on him. Dr. Strange actually being able to fight thanos with the IG for a few minutes but can't keep scarlet witch in check and has to talk about killing her. Yeah. talk about stupid. This is funny, because there all Marvel. And nobody cept a n00b has said anyhting about DC.
Your opinion has become invalid in Marvel vs DC threads, because as shown in this little post, you really hate on Marvel.
One person doesn't like avatars and you get mad about it.

And Ds is really confusing, even Juggs said it. But then you go and insult all the Marvel characters.Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Did I studder? On these forums, silver surfer is hailed as almighty, but noth hulk, and wolverine have laid thier hands on him. The Dr. Strange has held thanos with the ig in check but can't remove scarlet witche's powers without ending her life? WTF. and galactus so powerful, but every time he is beaten, he was hungry. But darksied can't have avatars. I tell you about hippocritism. We know you don't like Marvel as much as DC.
And I thought that was Warlock, Strange fought. I guess not...

nvrbeenwthagirl
But the difference is that Thanos had unreal on panel feats to make that statement creditable. Darkseid, or rather Baby Darkseid, was just running of at the mouth, and there wasn't really anything to back that up, we just had his word for it(and considering the fact that Darkseid is a master manipulator, it's kind of DUMB to take his word at face value).

I can some it up for you very easily, Thanos is a marvel character and there for his word is law, darksied is a dc character, so we must scrutinize it.

And What is really fascinating, is that vyking was talking to a ****ing avatar and you guys are talking about what is on panel. He's talking to an avatar about avatars and somehow darksied is lying. it's right on panel. You guys never cease to amaze me with your fanboyisms.

roughrider
To refresh the climax of COIE -

The Anti-Monitor was badly damaged and dying, but still could summon enough power to kill E2 Superman and Superboy Prime. Darkseid blasted him from his own dimension, and that looked to be it. But, Anti-Monitor still wasn't quite dead, and came back as a living fireball for one last shot at the duo.

Darkseid the mega-powerful couldn't put down a dying foe, once and for all?
Oh right - it was probably an avatar. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
This is funny, because there all Marvel. And nobody cept a n00b has said anyhting about DC.
Your opinion has become invalid in Marvel vs DC threads, because as shown in this little post, you really hate on Marvel.

And Ds is really confusing, even Juggs said it. But then you go and insult all the Marvel characters. We know you don't like Marvel as much as DC.

Please dont' come to me, or shall I post every single time DC and it's characters have been insulted or scrutinized unfairly on these threads. please with all the hippocrisy.

juggernaut66666
To refresh the climax of COIE -

The Anti-Monitor was badly damaged and dying, but still could summon enough power to kill E2 Superman and Superboy Prime. Darkseid blasted him from his own dimension, and that looked to be it. But, Anti-Monitor still wasn't quite dead, and came back as a living fireball for one last shot at the duo.

Darkseid the mega-powerful couldn't put down a dying foe, once and for all?
Oh right - it was probably an avatar. stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)
Antimoniter=multi versal threat>>>>>>>galactus

bigbran
Please dont' come to me, or shall I post every single time DC and it's characters have been insulted or scrutinized unfairly on these threads. please with all the hippocrisy. Heres something you might remeber. Way to ignore my post.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This is funny, because there all Marvel. And nobody cept a n00b has said anyhting about DC.

And Ds is really confusing, even Juggs said it. But then you go and insult all the Marvel characters. We know you don't like Marvel as much as DC.

also, if you were using some wisdome, you would see that i'm just trying to illustrate the inconsistancies in all comic characters. I dont' have to bring up the inconsistancies in DC characters cuz you guys do enough of that for me. I'm just here to remind you that it happens over at marvel too.

roughrider
Antimoniter=multi versal threat>>>>>>>galactus

Answer the question. Why couldn't he put him down for good, then?

bigbran
also, if you were using some wisdome, you would see that i'm just trying to illustrate the inconsistancies in all comic characters. I dont' have to bring up the inconsistancies in DC characters cuz you guys do enough of that for me. I'm just here to remind you that it happens over at marvel too. You mean some in Marvel?
Face it, no character is as confusing as DS, don't even try to compare any character to his history.

bigbran
Antimoniter=multi versal threat>>>>>>>galactus You mean the severly weakened AM, after Darkseid used tech to fire through someone elses eyes, at him?

Thanos_THOTU
also, if you were using some wisdome, you would see that i'm just trying to illustrate the inconsistancies in all comic characters. I dont' have to bring up the inconsistancies in DC characters cuz you guys do enough of that for me. I'm just here to remind you that it happens over at marvel too.
1, It's spelled wisdom.
2, There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom, knowledge is what you know, wisdom is how you apply it.
3, It's obvious that you think that Wonder Woman could strangle Galactus to death with her lasso.

Sub_Mariner

3, It's obvious that you think that Wonder Woman could strangle Galactus to death with her lasso.

laughing laughing laughing

I can see that now.

juggernaut66666
Answer the question. Why couldn't he put him down for good, then?
Because you need multiversal power to kill a multiversal threat bangin

nvrbeenwthagirl
You mean some in Marvel?
Face it, no character is as confusing as DS, don't even try to compare any character to his history.

no ur wrong. The silver surfer is confusing to me. cuz people like wolverine stab him, and the hulk actually has hit HIm. I get confused by that. I get confused about jean grey going from human to being this multiversal character. I get confused about the beyonder going from the powerhouse of marvel to a cosmic cube. I get confused becuz thanos is so smart, but he always manages to defeat himself. I get confuse about Thor, who is so powerful, but get's knocked around by count nefaria and Ultron. I get confused about galactus who is so powerful and is always being defeated. you would think him being hungry would make him want to eat more and not be detoured. I'm not confused about darksied since he was retconned back into his old self. Before that, yes I was confused. But not anymore. Kinda like the phoenix retcon, the beyonder retcon, and more. It's all confusing. Just stop making it a dc thing. That is all i'm saying. Both companies do dumb stuff. Or have we forgotten about peter parker taking his mask off? and the superman blue. STUPIDMAN.

roughrider
I have to admit - annoying as this thread can be, it's also been a fun fight!
I'm off for drinks and the opposite sex. See if we can settle anything by sunrise.

Accel
Wrong. Backwards.

You mean like Thor? Or Dr. Strange? Or Alpha Flight?

Hell, the guy's considered less of a threat than his own herald, as seen in recent events.

nvrbeenwthagirl
1, It's spelled wisdom.
2, There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom, knowledge is what you know, wisdom is how you apply it.

I dont care about spelling.
IF you were wise, you would see that i'm right and you guys do this all the time to dc characters, but anyone who defends dc is a noob, or a fanboy and you hate them. likeme.
3. It's obvious that you dont' read dc at all. You never once heard me say anything about wonder woman's lasso on galactus, until you do, don't assume.

roughrider
Because you need multiversal power to kill a multiversal threat bangin

So E2 Superman inflicted more damage on the Anti-Monitor than Darkseid did...
Why am I confused?

juggernaut66666
So E2 Superman inflicted more damage on the Anti-Monitor than Darkseid did...
Why am I confused?
It happened because he is superman silly

darthgoober
I can some it up for you very easily, Thanos is a marvel character and there for his word is law, darksied is a dc character, so we must scrutinize it.

And What is really fascinating, is that vyking was talking to a ****ing avatar and you guys are talking about what is on panel. He's talking to an avatar about avatars and somehow darksied is lying. it's right on panel. You guys never cease to amaze me with your fanboyisms.
That's funny because the two examples I gave of characters blowing smoke out their ass were both from Marvel, remember...

And I'm not denying Darkseid's ability to create avatars, or that it was an avatar on panel, I'm just saying that what he said about the actual Darkseid's power shouldn't be taken at face value. And until I see this ultra powerful Darkseid that's completely unbeatable, I'm not buying it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That's funny because the two examples I gave of characters blowing smoke out their ass were both from Marvel, remember...

And I'm not denying Darkseid's ability to create avatars, or that it was an avatar on panel, I'm just saying that what he said about the actual Darkseid's power shouldn't be taken at face value. And until I see this ultra powerful Darkseid that's completely unbeatable, I'm not buying it.

Read the great darkness saga.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>