Zwartboek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
One of the most popular WWII film for 2006 will be no doubt Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. But you might interested in this film. This marks the return of Paul Verhoeven. Better known for his Sci-fi/Action films like Robocop, Total Recall, Star Ship Troopers, and Hollow man (which I found to be very disapponting)

This is the plot: Set during the end of WWII, Zwartboek is the story of a German Jewish girl who narrowly survives the war in Holland. She joins the resistance to find out who betrayed her family after all of them were killed in an attempt to reach the liberated south.

Verhoeven last WWII film was Soldier of Orange. Which I recomend for you guys to watch it (you can get the DVD from Anchor Bay) I would suggest that you watch Soldier of Orange first to get a taste of how Verhoeven war films are like. And if you enjoy it then give Zwartboek (which translated means Dark book? I think) a try. Hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward Paul's new film.

Mandorallen
I am looking forward to Zwartboek, I liked Paul's "Starship troopers" I have a good feeling about Zwartboek , but even more so, I have a better feeling about beast of bataan. it sounds really interesting. IMO.

Cinemaddiction
If it's got his signature violence, and underlying politcal message, I'm there. "Hollow Man" just seemed to be something he shat out under a studio obligation.

WindDancer
I'm sure it will. But this one might be more character driven and historical storytelling. I doubt he will be biased, but you never know...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.