Lady Snowblood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I felt absolutely COMPELLED to get more people to see this film, "Lady Snowblood". In the wake of "Kill Bill" and its Box Office success, it's only fair that fans of that franchise pay their respects to its cinematic springboard.

"Lady Snowblood" follows Yuki Kashima, a young girl that was bred strictly to avenge the deaths of her family, and the rape and torture of her mother at the hands of 4 criminals in the late 1890's. Yuki literally slices and dices her way through these criminals, to her final showdown with a man from her past. Sound familiar now? How about a little visual stimulation?

http://filmbrain.typepad.com/filmbrain/images/lady_snowbill.jpg

It's easily one of the best revenge films I've ever seen. A very stylish, film, loaded with that 70's "paint gore" a la "Suspiria", and a total Toho Film gem. It's a very satisfying movie with substance, backstory, and the AnimEgo DVD release goes as far as to chronicle the feudal history of the time periods, taking us up through Yuki's history, and how she herself came to be!

It comes highly recommended, and while I got it for free, I would have gladly paid $20 for this, a totally underrated, and almost virtually unheard of inspiration to one of today's most prolific filmmakers.

Mandorallen
What's a revenge movie without Michael madsen?

not a very good one..
laughing out loud I was just kidding.
But with your reccomendation, I'm ordering it from DVDEmpire.com Right now. I was looking for something to choose. wink

MildPossession
I have it in a three film pack of Tarantino influences that came out here in the UK, I really enjoyed the film also.

feral cat
"Lady Snowblood: Blizzard from the Netherworld" is a great film, the sequel "Love song of vengeance" is very good as well.

If you like Lady Snowblood you should check out Sex and Fury ... which came out the same year in Japan, but was made by Toei

Nevermind
I've known of the film for ages now and have been really eager to see it for the reason being a Tarantino inspiration and just a jap flick in general, but I always forget to get it. Next time I will. Sex and Fury also looks great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.