Art file or Bitmap???? Why won't it work???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tired Hiker
On my home computer when I save a pic via, 'save as', everything seems fine and dandy, but when I click on the pic icon, it says 'no preview available'??? At work I can open them and save them in 'paint' as a jpeg, but home computer won't let me do it.

Can anyone help me? sad

Tired Hiker
bump

Clovie
it's IE fault yes

eggmayo
Paint doesn't allow jpg's... That might be why, you can only save as bmp's.

Lana
Paint does allow JPEGs, how do you think half the people here make their sigs?

It's because of IE, there's some glitch with it that causes it to save images as bitmaps instead of what they're supposed to be.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Lana
Paint does allow JPEGs, how do you think half the people here make their sigs?

I wouldn't say using a basic program like Paint. For some reason my paint is only allowing Monochrome bitmaps and 24-bit sad

Lana
Originally posted by eggmayo
I wouldn't say using a basic program like Paint. For some reason my paint is only allowing Monochrome bitmaps and 24-bit sad

Majority of the people here do use Paint; I use it for things like saving screenshots where it's not worth the time opening Photoshop, and it lets you save as bitmaps, JPEGs, and GIFs.

Must just be your copy.

Syren
Change your browser to Firefox Pres wink

Tru_Slice
Or download the trial version of Corel Paint Shop Pro X. It's an awsome JPEG editor.

Much like Photoshop. thumb up

eggmayo
Originally posted by Lana
Majority of the people here do use Paint; I use it for things like saving screenshots where it's not worth the time opening Photoshop, and it lets you save as bitmaps, JPEGs, and GIFs.

Must just be your copy.
I thought it was a default Windows thing though?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.