Supreme Power spin offs (who named the clones?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
Whirly thinks he has them all, we had the obvious ones - In Nighthawk Clown = Joker. In Hyperion Shape = Blob, Arcanna = Scarlet Witch, The guy on fire = Wildfire (right down to the containment suit), did you get the genius though? Emil = Emil Gargunza (not Lex Luthor) his an update but the "date rape scene" on his sister was reminiscent of the "red king syndrome" miracleman arc as was the setting fire to enemies houses. Can you say fun fanboy updates. smile

ScarletSpider
Actually, Shape, Arcanna and Nuke (guy in containment suit) are all heavily retooled characters that appeared in the original Squadron Supreme. Initially their powers more resembled...

Shape=Plastic Man
Arcanna=Zatanna
Nuke=Firestorm

JMS overhauled Shape, Arcanna seems to more or less stay the same, and we haven't seen much of Nuke yet, besides the fact that he emits lots of radiation and needs a containment suit--which is spot on for the original and besides the nuclear bit he was never a true Firestorm clone.

As far as I know, the Clown guy in Nighthawk is an original character.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Actually, Shape, Arcanna and Nuke (guy in containment suit) are all heavily retooled characters that appeared in the original Squadron Supreme. Initially their powers more resembled...

Shape=Plastic Man
Arcanna=Zatanna
Nuke=Firestorm

JMS overhauled Shape, Arcanna seems to more or less stay the same, and we haven't seen much of Nuke yet, besides the fact that he emits lots of radiation and needs a containment suit--which is spot on for the original and besides the nuclear bit he was never a true Firestorm clone.

As far as I know, the Clown guy in Nighthawk is an original character.

Indeed they are Scarlett however the revamps and I include Redstone in this have had fun becoming specific clones of others. No Arcanna is far mor like Scarlett Witch in the revamp than her original character. Shape is the Blob and Nuke never needed a containment suit - the one he has now is very similair in look to Wildfire. Emil's rape scene is lifted from a similair rape and burning scene in Miracleman. I agree with your comments but like Redstone and Nighthawk they have become more specific clone characters whilst retaining the originals names.

The clown is obviously an adult spin on the Joker as Nighthawk is on Batman. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.