Revan vs Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Veneficus
Wait! Before you bash me listen to what I have to say. Latley is seems Sion is being considered invincible well...could Revan take him now?

Setting: Valley of the Dark Lords.

Note: This pre memory loss Revan.

Fishy
So pre Kotor Revan..

Well lets see...

Great fighter, smart person probably far more powerful then Sion could ever hope to be. But does any of that matter? No. Revan was trained and loved by Kreia. More so then Sion was. Sion hates Revan, and because of that would not be able to fight effectively against Revan (see Sion vs. Exile)

So Revan pwns Sion badly.

guesswhosback
That wouldn't happen. Revan doesn't know anything advanced enough to defeat Sion in combat. He was a good pilot and would probably be able to defeat Sion in a Starship battle.

Darth_Glentract
Revan, the front line general, doesn't know anything? Kreia loved him, that alone would almost defeat Sion. Add to the fact that Revan could take him in LS combat, well, Revan defeats him for sure.

Fishy
GWB?? WTF??

Revan was a good pilot? There is nothing that says he could even fly a ship. He probably could but nothing that shows that he could.

But in lightsaber fighting and with the force? If he could not do that then why was he a living legend? And even if he wasn't good enough to finish off Sion without destroying Sion his morale it wouldn't matter. Sion knows Kreia loves Revan more then she loves him. He would die the second he just see's Revan. Realising that everything he had fought for everything he had dreamed off had just ended.

Darth_Glentract
Fishy, GWB is Tommy Vercetti.

Fishy
That explains the lack of logic in that post

Veneficus
Originally posted by guesswhosback
That wouldn't happen. Revan doesn't know anything advanced enough to defeat Sion in combat. He was a good pilot and would probably be able to defeat Sion in a Starship battle.

Darth Avis
GWB is not tommy. You dont hear him cursing or nothing.

Fishy
Well that post still lacked any kind of logic...

Darth Avis
so we all made stupid posts when we were new.

Fishy
So? I can still tell him that its stupid. Otherwise he would never learn.

Darth Avis
i know you can

guesswhosback
Just because Exile broke Sion's will that doesn't mean that it can be used as a weakness for him in these star wars versus forums. That is just like saying that Luke Skywalker would beat Vader and the emperor because vader would turn to the lightside and kill the emperor. It happened once to Sion, now lets continue this thread without anybody surrendering ok. Now the bit i mentioned about a starship battle was that it is pretty likely that Revan was better than Sion when it comes to piloting due to his experience in the Mandalorian wars and the jedi civil war whereas Sion was stuck for the most of that time in the sith academy on korriban and the Trayus academy. And I don't think Sion would be able to survive in space so if Revan destroyed his ship in a starship battle Sion would presumably die.

Fishy
Hmm dude what you are saying makes no sense..

Do you know why the Exile defeat Sion his will?

Because of Kreia, because Kreia loved the Exile more then she loved Sion. Now tell me who does she love more then anyobdy? Revan. Sion realises this, he constantly talks about the first and all that crap. He would not be able to fight against Revan.

But even if he would be able too, he would not have the lightsaber skills or the power to defeat Revan in a fight.

And Revan did fight in those wars, he also controlled the battles from a command ship. I don't think he would have jumped in a fighter and started piloting around. It would be the most stupid thing you can do.

D_CP
Revan, no questions asked.

guesswhosback
Actually Fishy i know exactly how The Exile defeated Darth Sion but thanks for wasting everybody's time and explaining it to me. What part of my post didn't you understand because it is pretty clear. Just because Sion's will was destroyed by the Exile i don't think that it is a reason for him to lose battles on KMC. Just like surrendering isn't used in these forums.

Darth Faunus
It is a reason. Because in versus threads, it isn't one character's skills and powers minus their personality and emotions against another character. It is Sion's personal feelings and doubts that will be his downfall, and you absolutely cannot contradict that. Otherwise, you're taking away from the character and turning him into someone or something else simply because you cannot accept the facts.

Deus Ex
Agreed. It is Sion's weakness, and it exists outside of a plot. His hatred is what binds him as the Sith lord we know, and it was his insecurity that made him choose to die.

Fishy
See, Sion dies. Revan wins, no doubt about it.

Deus Ex
Well, Sion obviously didn't have anything disrespectful to say about Revan that I recall, but I don't think there's a reason to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sion will lose, either.

Fishy
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Well, Sion obviously didn't have anything disrespectful to say about Revan that I recall, but I don't think there's a reason to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sion will lose, either.

Seriously Janus... I know you want evidence but argueing this?

I mean first of all, its pretty clear that Revan outclasses on Sion on every level there is.

Its also pretty clear that Kreia loves Revan as much if not more as the Exile. And Sion hates the Exile because of that, it would only be natural to assume he would hate Revan for the same reason.

We also know that Revan is a brilliant speaker and overal great thinker so we can assume he would be able to talk Sion into death if just walking up to him wouldn't be enough.

But seriously Revan could probably take Sion with the force alone, I mean Sion does need the force to survive, take that away from him and he's dead.

Deus Ex
Oh, don't get me wrong... I think Revan would most likely rock Sion's world. But there isn't much to go on.

I mean first of all, its pretty clear that Revan outclasses on Sion on every level there is.

We don't know on saber skills, and Revan doesn't display a whole lot of Force powers in cutscenes, so we can only guess at what he can do (other than force choke). While it seems obvious that Revan's power is immense, it's also suubject to everyone's ideas of him as well, not any hard proof. And Sion's powers are immense as well, seeing as he was able to hold his body together despite it being broken in thousands of different places, and torn, etc. This implies a good understanding of his own body, of the Force, and a strong will.

Its also pretty clear that Kreia loves Revan as much if not more as the Exile. And Sion hates the Exile because of that, it would only be natural to assume he would hate Revan for the same reason.

We also know that Revan is a brilliant speaker and overal great thinker so we can assume he would be able to talk Sion into death if just walking up to him wouldn't be enough.

This is possible, but it involves heavy speculation on Sion and Revan's mindsets. For all we know, Revan may prefer not to directly fight Sion, or perhaps Sion will instead attack Revan out of sheer rage.

But seriously Revan could probably take Sion with the force alone, I mean Sion does need the force to survive, take that away from him and he's dead.

There's no instance of Revan stealing the Force from anyone, really. It's not out of the question, but it's not something we can cite either.

Fishy
Well Janus on the first thing. The Star Forge...

Sion never tried to control it and Bastila says the most powerful of the Sith Order, the most powerful people on Koriban died trying to control it. Sion is still alive obviously he did not try. Well okay there can be several reasons for that, but its unlikely that he didn't want the power. He is a Sith afterall and he does seem to like power.

On your second point Well okay its possible that Sion would get angry and attack Revan, but an angry fighter isn't much of a fighter... Revan seems calm and calculated from all we know so he would probably take Sion easier then.

You are right on the third thing, still it woudln't be strange if Revan knew how to strip the force or forcefully remove the force from somebody and even if he didn't there are probably other ways to throw Sion to the ground.

Actually i'm not going to argue this with you, because you already said you agree. And i'm not going to stand up for Revan anymore, because its just damn impossible to do.

Deus Ex
Sion never tried to control it and Bastila says the most powerful of the Sith Order, the most powerful people on Koriban died trying to control it. Sion is still alive obviously he did not try. Well okay there can be several reasons for that, but its unlikely that he didn't want the power. He is a Sith afterall and he does seem to like power.

This is precluding that he -couldn't- control the Star Forge. This is heavy speculation and for all we know Sion could very well have had the power but he decided against using the Star Forge because everyone else who went up to it died. Or perhaps he thought it was a weapon of war and he IS an assassion. It was not even his forte.

On your second point Well okay its possible that Sion would get angry and attack Revan, but an angry fighter isn't much of a fighter... Revan seems calm and calculated from all we know so he would probably take Sion easier then.

This is true, and Revan is likely to be the better lightsaber duellist. But this involves so many unknowns I won't place any money on either side. It could turn out by KOTOR III that Revan was a better planner than a fighter, and that Sion was in tern better.

You are right on the third thing, still it woudln't be strange if Revan knew how to strip the force or forcefully remove the force from somebody and even if he didn't there are probably other ways to throw Sion to the ground.

Most likely. Knowing the popularity of Revan, it's likely he'll develop into some sort of badass or Forcegod, moreso than he already is.

Actually i'm not going to argue this with you, because you already said you agree. And i'm not going to stand up for Revan anymore, because its just damn impossible to do.

E-mail Bioware or Obsidian... ask them some questions. It might help.

Fishy
It won't...

They aren't going to answer anything you ask.. But lets just say that Revan will defeat Sion because its far more likely then the other way around even though we don't have any real proof.

Just like we don't have any real proof that Tulak Hord would beat Plo Kloon in a lightsaber duel but its probably true all the same.

Deus Ex
Agreed.

jollyjim311
i rot for the strong, silent, and not gray nasty one.

Tangible God
Originally posted by jollyjim311
i rot for the strong, silent, and not gray nasty one. Okey dokey, artichokey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.