Superman RED SON vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Barry Allen
How would Superman from the Elsewords story fare against current Superman?

EsteemedLeader
He'd use his communist laser vision to beat Superman.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Barry Allen
How would Superman from the Elsewords story fare against current Superman?

Red Son would win ....he exhibited powers that 'normal' Superman hasn't shown since PRe-Crisis times. For example when he defeated the entire GL corp (in the Red Son) by basically overpowering their light constructs. To quote him, when he was referring to the attempts by the GL corp to trap him by using their rings: 'A thought based weapon against someone who can move at TEN TIMES THE SPEED OF THOUGHT? Not very smart, Colonel Jordan.')
He then proceeded to waste an entire army of Amazons led by WonderWoman.

Superman Red Son would beat normal Supes.

Jargon343
It's the same guy, only one's a commie. I figure normal Superman will just try to get into a stand-off with Commie Superman until Commie Superman's economy collapses and he has to sell his costume and stuff to normal Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by spetznaz
Red Son would win ....he exhibited powers that 'normal' Superman hasn't shown since PRe-Crisis times. For example when he defeated the entire GL corp (in the Red Son) by basically overpowering their light constructs. To quote him, when he was referring to the attempts by the GL corp to trap him by using their rings: 'A thought based weapon against someone who can move at TEN TIMES THE SPEED OF THOUGHT? Not very smart, Colonel Jordan.')
He then proceeded to waste an entire army of Amazons led by WonderWoman.

Superman Red Son would beat normal Supes. I don't think he said ten times.. just "faster than"

roughrider
RED SON Superman looked like one of the most powerful forms of Kal-El. Taking on and defeating whole armies of Green Lantern's and Amazons - have to give this to the Ukrainian farm boy.

ZephroCarnelian
Superman subconciously holds back his power. He doesn't realise that he does, but he does as it's been shown in comics before. Which is why seemingly much less powerful characters can get a shot in and suprise him and why he can struggle to pick up an oiltanker in one issue then move a moon in the next.

I don't think that Red Son holds back that much. Hence his greater showings of speed etc.

I think that's the difference that'd win Red Son this battle. His attitude towards using his powers.

smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Superman subconciously holds back his power. He doesn't realise that he does, but he does as it's been shown in comics before. Which is why seemingly much less powerful characters can get a shot in and suprise him and why he can struggle to pick up an oiltanker in one issue then move a moon in the next.

I don't think that Red Son holds back that much. Hence his greater showings of speed etc.

I think that's the difference that'd win Red Son this battle. His attitude towards using his powers.

smile

As ever Zeph is bang on the money smile

spetznaz
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't think he said ten times.. just "faster than"

Actually I had the comic in front of me while I wrote that. He says 10 times faster than the speed of thought. That was a direct quote i put there.

DarkCrawler
Depends on translation.

Jargon343
Normal Superman will show Commie Superman how unfair it is that Commie Superman does a hundred times as much for his country as everyone else but he still gets paid the same wage, and then convince him to go on strike.

TheKahn
Commie Superman wins this one.

Pyron_Knight
Red Son Superman is a real hero.
He wins.

Magee
Originally posted by spetznaz
Red Son would win ....he exhibited powers that 'normal' Superman hasn't shown since PRe-Crisis times. For example when he defeated the entire GL corp (in the Red Son) by basically overpowering their light constructs. That wasnt the green lantern corps, it was one GL ring that Hal Jordan used to give soldiers special GL armour. I say current Superman wins simply because he has better feats of strength and speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.