Mira vs. Jango

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
COuld Mira beat Jango without her Jedi training? If not, with her Jedi training, could she defeat him.

Tangible God
No.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Tangible God
No.

Deus Ex
Mira is THE best bounty hunter in her time; Jango in his time.

But since Mira is a jedi as well, I'm leaning towards her.

Darth Faunus
Agreed. I'd hand this to Mira after a good fight.

Nai Fohl
Well...it is said that Mira always tried to catch people alive. Without her Jedi training I give Jango a good chance since he doesn't care much about peoples lives, is a Mandalorian and was trained in combat / assasination from infancy on.

With Jedi training Mira would kill Jango...

Tengu Man
well, mira didnt even have that much jedi trianing and not only that but she was taught by somone who wasnt even a master of a jedi knight. also obi was a jedi master at the time he fought jango, and he still gave obi a good fight. jango has killed his share jedi; battle of gaalidran and geonosis. im with Jango on this one jedi training or not.

SnakeEyes
Obi-Wan was a Knight at the time of that fight, not a master...
But I do agree that Jango would win either way. I mean, since when has Jedi training in itself stopped Jango from defeating his opponent. I mean, it took Mace (the second best Jedi at the time IMO) to beat him. Obi-Wan probably could've done so as well, but that doesn't change the fact that Jango is good at killing or beating Jedi and non-Jedi.

Deus Ex
Actually, Obi-Wan nearly beat Jango several times. Jango had to use his jetpack, missiles, and his kid in the Slave I to stave off his escape. And this is from Obi-Wan the knight.

Mira, meanwhile, already has the reputation for being the best bounty hunter in the KOTOR galaxy. She is by no means helpless against Jango Fett. And her being Force sensitive gives her an extra boost in her already considerable skills.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Actually, Obi-Wan nearly beat Jango several times. Jango had to use his jetpack, missiles, and his kid in the Slave I to stave off his escape. And this is from Obi-Wan the knight.

Agreed. Obi-Wan could've defeated Jango, if it wasn't for his mission to capture Jango. I was just trying to point out that just because somebody is Force-sensitive or even a Jedi, that doesn't automatically give the fight to that contender. Jango could hold his own/defeat many of the prequel era Jedi out there, (with exceptions of course, such as: Obi-Wan, Anakin (ROTS), Yoda, Mace, Cin and so on).

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Mira, meanwhile, already has the reputation for being the best bounty hunter in the KOTOR galaxy. She is by no means helpless against Jango Fett. And her being Force sensitive gives her an extra boost in her already considerable skills.

I didn't mean to give the impression that she was helpless at all. I think this would be a good fight. But I still think that Jango would win. Mostly because I think Jango's suit/gadgets and battlefield experience will give it to him. For me, the Force-sensitive issue will not be a huge problem for Jango. He's beaten Jedi with his bare hands...

Deus Ex
What were the circumstances when he did? I know it's not above and beyond ability to think that nonjedi can defeat jedi in combat. Ulic did it, as did the fellow martial artist in the Medstar series.

Fishy
Well Jango is good I do not think he is that good. I mean seriously he does not seem like much of a Melee fighter to me, and unless he has some incredibly powerful super weapons he's not going to pull that off.

Now Mira has a better reputation then Jango if you ask me, and her always keeping her prey alive means a lot. It takes skill to do that, she also survived being hunted down by a Wookie for a large portion of her live. And Hanharr is no weakling.

We also know she had some weapon training from Mandelorians and that she did fight in the Mandelorian wars at the side of the Mandelorians, so she could fight. She probably has a good chance against Jango.

Deus Ex
Good points there.

DarthMaul9123
jango has killed jedi before what makes her any different

Tangible God
Jango also just stood there like a moron and got decapitated by a Jedi.

Deus Ex
lol!

Veneficus
Originally posted by Tangible God
Jango also just stood there like a moron and got decapitated by a Jedi.

BINGO!

henniestevens
Jango did some nice work against Obi wan and Trebor and I personally think Hanharr should have crushed Mira's skull, but Jango still got...

Tengu Man
he didnt jus stand there.....ok he did,but his jetpack was messed up from being trampled by the star wars equivalent of a bull. he would have flown away if he could. i leave his death to circumstance.

but back on topic, jango was trained as a kid, mira was a slave when her planet was conquered she wasnt really a soldier, they did teach her how to fight, but that was because they were desperate and they where getting their asses whooped when revan entered the war. not doubt she picked up becoming a bounty hunter, and got good at it. but the wat lasted i think maybe 3-4 yrs. jango has been fighting reneagade mandalorian clans and the jedi on ocassion his entire life

jollyjim311
....wouldn't windu cut through jangos missile....just a thought

jango takes this one. he gave AOTC Obi a nasty fight.(obi started the fight holding back but was then fighting for his life out there).

by the way, my mom ruined AOTC for me with just saying one sentence. i wont say it in case you still like ep. 2 if you want to know just ask though, i need someone to breath life back into AOTC.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
jango has killed jedi before what makes her any different

Mira killed Ancient Jedi which are generally stronger than PT Jedi.

Fishy
And with Jedi training she would have the skills of a great bounty hunter, but also force powers... She would have been hard to stop for almost everybody that would face her.

But seriously, where does this fight take place. Its going to be important in this battle. Jango is probably more powerful then Mira, but Mira is brilliant so if she can use the terrain she will probably find some way to take him out. Especially if she's also a Jedi.

jollyjim311
jango is very battle minded, being a mandalorian, so i'll give it to him unless the terrain is highly in miras favor.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by jollyjim311
....wouldn't windu cut through jangos missile....just a thought

jango takes this one. he gave AOTC Obi a nasty fight.(obi started the fight holding back but was then fighting for his life out there).

by the way, my mom ruined AOTC for me with just saying one sentence. i wont say it in case you still like ep. 2 if you want to know just ask though, i need someone to breath life back into AOTC.

Tsk. Mothers.

But now that you mentioned it, what sentence could ruin AOTC for you?

Tengu Man
i dont see how the terrain would be in her favor either way. Like i said before Jango has been fighting his enitre life as a mandalorian. he is an expert commando, not only that but he hand trained the ARC troopers of the Reupublic. Who were basically the badass spec-ops troopers of the war. I will give mira some props, she knows explosives like the back of her hand, but terrain is going to go to none of them in this fight seeing as how Jango has been through it all as a mandalorian and legendary bounty hunter. and Mira, who is a barely trained jedi, a legendary bounty hunter of her time, and a supposed sense said she had for knowing when her targets are there without them knowing, I call it premature force sense, but she didnt knwo it at the time, seeing as how she didnt belive in the force until the exile trained her.

Also i would think bounty hunters of PT era are much better then they were back then; advancements in tehcnology, new fighting styles, hunting techniques, new gadgets and gizmos, tracking devices...... you know the works

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Tsk. Mothers.

But now that you mentioned it, what sentence could ruin AOTC for you?

"It's not real, Timmy."

Tengu Man
what did she say to you that ruined AOTC, that movie was awesome.

Darth_Glentract
She said, "Why didn't Yoda just force push Obi-wan and Anakin out of the way and then go kill Dooku." Something like that.

Deus Ex
Or if you have a hardcore mother...

"WTF?! I could take Dooku! Hell, I beat your father all the time!'

Darth Faunus
I actually had a friend in the 7th Grade who's mother cracked his father's jaw. The word 'humiliated' comes to mind.

Darth_Glentract
I know some moms who could easily kill a man(they're Taekwondo instructors though)

ResubianNushi
I know a woman that could kick George Bush's ass. Wait, that's every woman.

Deus Ex
My mother could whup anyone's ass when she was mad. The Devil himself was afraid of that woman.

jollyjim311
give her a wooden spoon and it takes me right back to my young childhood.

Deus Ex
My mother prefered things made of metal, heated power cords, and the infamous belt. Snap!

Veneficus
My mom was a fan of 2by4s...which I am almost glad for...made me a better person in the end.

jollyjim311
"...yes, but the splinters i could have lived without, especially when she took that one crotch shot..."

Deus Ex
I prefer things that don't give as opposed to things that do give. A fly swatter can hurt more than a wrench in the right hands.

jollyjim311
amen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.