"The Eye" Remake!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cringe
I cant believe this.Another American remake of a chinese film thats not even that old.I mean,whats wrong with studios?Why do they keep doing this to us?Why?!Renee Zelwegger!In a horror movie!That doesnt even fit.

Cinemaddiction
Eh..go for it. I wasn't impressed with the Pang Brothers version.

Cringe
What do you mean "go for it" ?

MildPossession
Heard they were doing a remake ages ago, no need for a remake at all as usual.

At least they have a good actress though, like Naomi Watts in Ring. But no one will replace Angelica Lee imo.

beta-wolf_101
If you don't want to watch a remake don't, the only good thing about it is they probably sell a double DVD set.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Cringe
What do you mean "go for it" ?

Let them make it. I don't give a shit. J-Horror's pretty much all the same, as are their American counterparts.

Cringe
Studioes are just remake crazy nowadays.Even when the film there remaking is a classic.

beta-wolf_101
You know they're remaking King Kong and it has Jack Black in it.

Cringe
so.....

"King Kong" is a classic and Jack Black doesnt even have a major role in it.

Impediment
I, myself, don't even bother anymore. Remakes are a waste of my time. I prefer to at least wait until the DVD release and I can rent it, or just say "F*ck it" and not watch it at all. I learned my lesson with the TCM and Amityville Horror remakes. I don't plan at all to see the newest version of "The Fog."

Cinemaddiction
The 2005 "Amityville" remake slaughters the original, atleast in the opinion of myself and virtually everyone I've spoken with that saw both.

Impediment
Slaughters as in "100% completely desecrates the original story" or "brings new light and meaning to the story"?

zombieman
so.....

"King Kong" is a classic and Jack Black doesnt even have a major role in it.

Ahem, Jack Black is playing Carl Denham in King Kong. Denham is the lead character, so some might argue that he does have a major role, wouldn't you say?

Anyways, I'm going to avoid The Eye remake, as I wasn't that impressed by the original, or American remakes of Asian horror in general.

Cringe
I dont think he does actually.Ive seen the trailers and basically saw the chick and adrien body throughout the whole thing.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Impediment
Slaughters as in "100% completely desecrates the original story" or "brings new light and meaning to the story"?

No, earnings and popularity wise. The "original story", atleast the cinematic adaptation was ****ing weak. James Brolin was pretty damn unconvincing, Margot Kidder not that much more impressive. The house was the star. An otherwise inanimate object, setting as a backdrop, was the sole entertainer.

That's bad.

In the remake, Ryan Reynolds was insanely good, and perfectly cast. He actually showed emotion and range. The original is incredibly overrated, and while I still like it enough to own it, it's not THAT good of a movie, IMHO, and in that of many others that can see past the "Oh, it's a CLASSIC!" bullshit atypical respsonse.

zombieman
I dont think he does actually.Ive seen the trailers and basically saw the chick and adrien body throughout the whole thing.

I'll repeat myself; Jack Black is playing Carl Denham. Carl Denham= The lead character. The lead character= Big part. Understand?

Cringe
He is not the lead character.

Cinemaddiction
Carl Denham is indeed the lead human role in "King Kong". The movie is indirectly centered around him, regardless of the title.

Cringe
I dont think so.Noami Watts and Adrien Brody look like the leads.I looked at the some cast projections and their names where mentioned before Jack Blacks.That says something in most cases.

jayy
1. Jack Black is retarded.

2. It's not a Chinese movie, it's a Japanese movie.

3. Rene Zellwiger sucks.

4. King Kong will suck.

5. Jurrasic Park 4 will suck.

6. The remake of The Fog won't be as good as the first.

7. Saw 2 will kick assssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Where can I download a copy of the original "The Eye"?

Thanks and have a great f@@king day!!!!!!!!!!

laughing laughing

Cringe
"King Kong" does look like it will indeed suck!

Cinemaddiction
I dont think so.Noami Watts and Adrien Brody look like the leads.I looked at the some cast projections and their names where mentioned before Jack Blacks.That says something in most cases.

Have you seen either of the other "King Kong" films or read the novel? The LEAD CHARACTER, in print, is Carl Denham. Even the trailer features his voice for the voice over, the opening line;

"There are thousands of actresses out of work in this city. Somewhere out there is a woman born to play this role... a woman who will journey into the heart of the unknown... toward a fateful meeting that changes everything."

Cringe
At that means he has a major part in the film huh?Because he has a voice over.You know CA that that remakes dont always take the same direction that the originals.

Look at the movie you just review "Batman 4" or whatever its called.Baine was originally a smarter and less dimwitted character but he was brought out to be a mindless henchman in the movie.The movie does look like its going to suck so it might take a suckier direction.I have not seen the original but I doubt it will be as good.

Cinemaddiction
Again, you've obviously never seen "King Kong". The story is about Carl Denham, A MOVIE MAKER, who seeks out Naomi Watts' character. Stumbling across "King Kong" while he's filming the movie is actually the backstory.

If you honestly think Peter Jackson would **** "King Kong" up after having so painstakenly worked on the LOTR Trilogy, you're sorely mistaken.

Carl Denham. Main character in "King Kong". Have a great night.

Cringe
Look at the commercials.Tell me the movie doesnt look like typical hollywood,CGI crap.

Cinemaddiction
*looks around*

So, we've come to the conclusion and understanding that Carl Denham is the main character, and decided to discuss the quality of the movie by the ONE trailer that's been released?

Just as a parting note, did you know that the original "Frankenstein" movie wasn't even about the monster? The Doctor's last name was Frankenstein, the monster was "The Monster". Point being, just because a movie is titled after the "main character" doesn't mean said character takes top billing.

Cringe
Have you seen the trailer?!How could sit there and tell thats something you would want to watch?

Anyways theres not use in prolonging this argument since neither of us know what where talking about concerning cast calls.

Nevermind
Originally posted by jayy
Where can I download a copy of the original "The Eye"?

No where, rent it or buy it stooge.

Nevermind
By the way trailers can be totally misleading.

Cringe
Maybe but it just looks horrible for some reason.

Cinemaddiction
Have you seen the trailer?!How could sit there and tell thats something you would want to watch?

Anyways theres not use in prolonging this argument since neither of us know what where talking about concerning cast calls.

Pretty easily. I've enjoyed ALL of Peter Jackson's other movies. Heavenly Creatures, Bad Taste, Brain Dead, The Frighteners, Meet the Feebles, LOTR.

Casting calls are open auditions. What's being debated is BILLING, and Jack Black's character IS the main character of the movie, and has been since the original. I indeed know what I'm talking about.

Cringe
Uh huh.

MildPossession
Didn't they say the effects in the trailers are still in late post production stage, still finishing them off for the film?

MildPossession
Wrong, The Eye is not Japanese.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.