LONG PIG!!! has strange ever tried to cure ben?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
i dont see why he cant... with all the ridiculous things he have done so far, that should be pretty easy for the earth's sorceror supreme

+

i just read X4 (except for the art it's pretty stupid) how come wolverine's bones became malleable like reed? anyone care to enlighten me? smile

p.s. what's up wit cykes beam?it looks... wrong.

long pig
Not that I know of, no.

He probably could, the same way Surfer could cure Hulk. But Marvel wouldn't allow it because it would be bad for comics.

Pointinel
well then

ben havent tried hard enough to get cured

or else he wouldve come knocking on strange's greenwich mansion

Pointinel
and who are (IYO) the best writers to pen dr. strange?

just off the dome would be appreciated.

armandovalles
There's alot of people who could cure people like Ben and Banner but it would just be a horrible move for Marvel Comics so they dont do it. Here's a small list of just some of the people that could do it:

Strange
Silver Surfer
Radioactive Man
Genis-Vell
Sersi
Mantis
Phyla (Genis' sister)

That's just a few. But in short, anyone with matter/energy/radiation manipulation or magic powers could pretty much do it.

Pointinel
genis can cure ben?

care to enlighten me bro?

armandovalles
Genis can manipulate Energies and radiation in almost every way. For example, he's gotten rid of sicknesses, froze people by sucking out every bit of heat around them, sucked out their air supply, brought back the dead, healed broken bones, absorbed nukes, absorbed radiation bombs, caught things on fire by increases the heat around it, created after-images of himself, and even created a light-made duplicate of himself. I know this doesnt show he can heal Ben or Banner, but he even said in an early CM issue when he and the Hulk fought Wendigo that he could heal the Hulk if he wanted, but the Hulk, enraged, instead punched him.

Sentry
He made solid light duplicates of himself.

I have that issue they battle Wendigo. Genis wanted to help him out, but got thrashed for even asking.

armandovalles
yea he knew right there that he could help because his cosmic awareness told him that it was gamma radiation which he can manipulate therefore making him very able to cure Hulk but Hulk wanted nothing of it.

long pig
I don't think Thing trusts Strange enough to let him cure him. Strange has a habit of making people feel uncomfortable.

Roger Stern was by far the best Strange writer. Leaps and bounds.

Jim Starlin was good, too.

Smaxxer
Why would he bother to heal him ? The world needs powerhouses like Thing, not ex-gang members of the Yancy Street Gang.

long pig
Yep, he cured him once. He sucked power from the sun or something to do it.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/RhrO64NTJzI/AAAAAAAAAsk/Gbbz04xrF4o/s1600/DS_13.jpg

Mobra
My logic is either A: he doesn't trust Strange's magic or my favored option B: he doesn't want to even bother with a guy like Strange, a guy who banishes demons on a daily basis, to fix him.

That's not my logic that's me trying to think like Ben and probably failing.

Mindship
Genis...could heal the Hulk if he wanted, but the Hulk, enraged, instead punched him.
Hulk seems to do a lot of that. He did the same thing to the Surfer the first time they fought and Surfer was about to cure him.

marvelprince
I"m willing to bet that right now Dr Strange wouldn't be able to cure him.

Soljer
Originally posted by marvelprince
I"m willing to bet that right now Dr Strange wouldn't be able to cure him.

I'm willing to bet that right now, Doc Strange couldn't cure a cold. Or even moderate congestion.

marvelprince
Conjestion is a serious thing. I wouldn't want to see the head of Robitussin to come down on Stephen.

Disappear
ben was getting healed back and forth back in the earlier days, mostly by reed's machines. i believe after the last attempt, he made the decision to return to being the thing forever for the greater good. he seems to be of good humor about it these days and likely just hasn't considered a new "cure" lately.

StarsNeverFall7
With some of the people like strange or reality manips, enery manips, and things of the sorts, why couldn't they just give him the ability to change at will?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
With some of the people like strange or reality manips, enery manips, and things of the sorts, why couldn't they just give him the ability to change at will?

hmm Stupidity? Laziness? shrug

marvelprince
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7

IIRC he had that ability a while back. Imo it would take away an element of the character though if they did that.

Disappear
he had it originally, he just didn't know how to make it work. and after alicia masters fell for the thing and not ben grimm, he accidentally put subconscious psychic blocks in place to keep him from changing. then reed depowered him and gave him an exosuit, and then that happened about four more times. and he got messed up by some random villain and the grey gargoyle at one point, which restored his ability to change back and forth. and all sorts of crap. it's been a plot point about twenty times.

long pig
Well, Classic Strange could cure him forver by simply not letting him on the ship.

The guy has reached into "time" itself and literally pulled people from it(weither it's from yesterday or millions of years ago). Never seen anything like that.

So, he could have pulled ben from the ship.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.