JLA 119... [Spoilers.]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
In JLA 119, the league is disbanded. Obviously by the title "League No More". The top header also said "The Crisis is here!"
I'm not discussing all of the comic in general just specifically the last section, because this certainly brings the Crisis to a whole new level.
At the end of the issue, Martian Manhunter enters the JLA watchtower and starts to pick through possible members for a new team, as I said in another thread... however during this..

The JLA teleporter alert goes off, letting Martian Manhunter know that Superman has just entered the watchtower. Let be known that for this to happen, this ABSOLUTELY MUST BE SUPERMAN. And SUPERMANS DNA. The watchtower is powered and energineered from the best tech in the entire universe, including new God, Thanagarian, Kryptonian, Batman, etc... also has spells casted all over it by Raven Manitou and Jason Blood for farther... whatever. lol.

Martian Manhunter says "Superman, I'm glad you're here" and turns to face him, and starts talking about how he things everything is connected. A person in a red cape says "I know" and Jonn does a double take, and finally realises something and says "Wait... you're. .. " and then gets blasted. Do you think it would take Jonn this long to figure out that this wasn't one of his best friend and co-workers who constantly save eachothers life?

I believe this is none other than Pre-Crisis Superman, and he has set all of this up for one reason or another... Only Superman could have come through that teleporter...

Also, he knew everything is connected, implying he's been a part of it...

Let's recall what's happened so far.

What led Blue Beetle to his death, what was his lead...?
I'll tell you what....The Kryptonite missing from Supergirls return.. tons of kryptonite... the last of it known on the planet besides the Green K ring. Batman in the latest OMAC, said he believed they were looking for the EMP to destroy the OMACs, so they couldn't be stopped... but didn't find so took the K instead... Batman is so wrong. Like he actually had it all figured out already? He's probably closest, but no...

Now, what has the Spectre been doing this whole time, since the start of the countdown? He's eliminating magic.... also..he's begun splitting up the Quintessence even farther, some of the major forces of magic in the universe.. Zues is missing in Wonder Woman's books... Shazam is dead... If I'm missing anything else, let me know...

Now. . . what are the two things that can stop Superman... more importantly, what two things GREATLY affected Pre Crisis Superman, even beyond our current one...?

You got it...

Magic and Kryptonite.

He seems to be rigging the battlefield.

But I've yet to connect RANN/THANAGAR war... perhaps when 6 comes, we will know.

Juntai
It's funny because if it's true... in another thread, shortly after I started coming around, I was naming off Superman feats in a thread, and a guy said "Uh oh, Pre Crisis here we come" and I responded with something like "No, not quite.. but Pre C is still out there, and will make his return sooner or later."
lol.

long pig
HA!
I love this kind of stuff!

Good job, man! You may steal my spot as the self-imposed KMC sleuth!

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
HA!
I love this kind of stuff!

Good job, man! You may steal my spot as the self-imposed KMC sleuth! Remember, I also pointed out that JLA/Avengers deally... big grin

long pig
Indeed you did.

And, since Pre-crisis Superman was such a massive Dick, your theory makes very good sense.

I'm just suprised he didn't feed them to a large dragon.

Juntai
The weird thing is... is he the good guy or the badguy?
The heros of late have been shown doing REALLY bogus things, and this is bringing them all to light, and even exposing them, as at the end of OMAC the televisions across the world see WW snapping Max Lords neck.
They are almost villainous, manipulating minds, and have even twisted time itself and destroyed lives just to make sure there own still goes along unaffected.

The heros have all been breaking up and are beginning to hate eachother... and villains have been banding together, vowing to change how things are done.. because of all the wrongs the heros have done. . . is it trully possible...?

Also, Superman movie coming out next year, like the other Superman movies, will be based off of PRE-C superman, as it takes place after Superman 1 according to what the've been saying... DC will be likely trying to bring this character back because when people see that Superman.. they will ultimately want to read that Superman as well.

King_Mungi
The red cape could be: Cyborg Superman (did he go back to the cape?), Psycho-Pirate, Mongul II , Power Girl, Ultra Man from the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, Eradicator

It's properly someone we won't expect.

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
The red cape could be: Cyborg Superman (did he go back to the cape?), Psycho-Pirate, Mongul II , Power Girl, Ultra Man from the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, Eradicator

It's properly someone we won't expect. None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait..."

. . . "You're. . . ."

THE WATCHTOWER, SOME OF THE MOST ADVANCED TECH IN THE UNIVERSE. SAID IT WAS SUPERMAN.

Juntai
Also, if you haven't noticed across the infinite crisis... all of the biggest casters have been successfully split up, or mashed by Spectre...

I don't know if you recall WHERE the Spear of Destiny currently is...

All of the most powerful mages got together, after Hal took after as Spectre, including Sentinal, Fate, Zatanna, and they all wrapped it in their magic, and Sentinal threw it to the core of the sun...

To utilize it again and defeat the Spectre, they will need this tool...which is looking more and more less likely every issue...

olympian
"None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait...""

Cyborg superman does. Or at least he use to. Was it retconned?

I think its rather earth 1 Superman (golden age?) since it was cannon after Crisis that he was around but retired.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"None of those people have Superman's DNA and the watchtower would have known, also, Martian Manhunter wouldn't have taken as long to recognize.. "Wait...""

Cyborg superman does. Or at least he use to. Was it retconned?

I think its rather earth 1 Superman (golden age?) since it was cannon after Crisis that he was around but retired. Cyborg Superman is a consciousness, he has no DNA?

olympian
I have to read Return of Superman again. Was that only when he had that body?

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
I have to read Return of Superman again. Was that only when he had that body? That body was destroyed a long time ago, since then he has pulled other objects together to form new bodies. He's just a traveling consciousness, he has no blood or DNA.

And certainly Martian Manhunter, with 11 senses, and telepathy above other things, would recognize immediately that it was the Cyborg Superman... yet he seemed confused and not sure if it was or not when looking right at him.

Ultimate Ion
I think it's Earth 2 Superman. The current JSA arc basically confirmed that COIE never ended.

Whirlysplatt
Indeed you did.

And, since Pre-crisis Superman was such a massive Dick, your theory makes very good sense.

I'm just suprised he didn't feed them to a large dragon.

Dick mad Dick you say mad

stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
I think it's Earth 2 Superman. The current JSA arc basically confirmed that COIE never ended. COIE? Not recalling those letters in realtion to anything...
Also, you mean the Day of Judgment tie ins?

Ultimate Ion
Crisis on Infinite Earths and I mean't JSA Classified. Sorry. sad

Juntai
Crisis on Infinite Earths and I mean't JSA Classified. Sorry. sad Yeah.. I figured it out, just hadn't posted it yet. Thnx.
Anyways, Earth 2 Superman IS Pre-Crisis Superman, btw.
Which is what is stated in my deductions above.

Ultimate Ion
Earth 2 Supes is Golden Age Supes which isn't nearly as powerful as the famous Pre Crisis Supes. This is the guy that could barely fly at all.

Juntai
Earth 2 Supes is Golden Age Supes which isn't nearly as powerful as the famous Pre Crisis Supes. This is the guy that could barely fly at all. Hmm, I must go check my Crisis again.

K3VIL
So it maybe Pre Crisis Supes, probably well written, se he will not act cocky, but instead act as a hella powerful being that can wipe out just anyone on his path, but without pathetic abilities like the Super-Sneeze, maybe he'll just have energy powers plus classical kryptonian powers and be a real bastard.

willRules
You guys all seem very convinced it is supes, but what if it aint? it could be a JlA member who managed to fool the watchtower and Manhunter? Its very unlikely I know but possible.........

Juntai
Originally posted by willRules
You guys all seem very convinced it is supes, but what if it aint? it could be a JlA member who managed to fool the watchtower and Manhunter? Its very unlikely I know but possible......... Why would this person who is obviously a large force behind the entire crisis so far... who needed to get rid of magic... and get rid of the K and wears a red cape.. and that the watchtower and manhunter both confused with superman?

long pig
That would be one damn interesting way to bring PC superman back instead of just blinking him back.

But, doesn't superman have a bunch of clones running about? Possibly bizarro?

snoopdogg
I didnt get to the shop in time to get JLA #119 but it very well could have been Bizaro.

long pig
Well, Bizzarro did just have an appearance here lately in the Superman/Batman comic, so he might have just went to the HQ of the JLA.

snoopdogg
Well, Bizzarro did just have an appearance here lately in the Superman/Batman comic, so he might have just went to the HQ of the JLA. Actually Bizaro was in the JLA watchtower in Superman/Batman #22 but that comic dont have any Infinite Crisis tie-ins. Superman and Batman are in a alternate Earth fighting that realities heroes team that greatly resembles Marvels' Ultimates.

Superman/Batman kicks @ss.

pr1983
Superman #221 had bizzarro as guest star, a villains united tie in...

My guess is Supergirl... isnt her DNA similar to Supermans? Maybe she could have fooled the sensors, i dunno...

and people have been suspicious of her since day 1...

Just a guess...

long pig
I thought Power Girl and Supergirl were the same person, but cloned.

Or....something to the effect that PowerGirl is PC Supergirl.

And/Or something. What the f**k?

Superman/Batman is real good. Wonder how long it'll take before Marvel makes a Wolverine/Spiderman?

eleveninches
power girl is the precrisis earth-2 version of supergirl.
current supergirl is the postcrisis version of her.

long pig
So, does the scan just scan for Kryptonian DNA or exactly Superman's DNA?

Why couldn't it be bizarro?

willRules
see my theories don't sound so crazy after all..........

Draco69
It's most likely Powergirl or some other no-name character. It's not Superman or anyother Superman. J'onn had a look of COMPLETE horror on his face.

ALSO. People have failed to mention that the friggin watchtower exploded with a force of a bomb. Superman doesn't have that power. Heat vision? Nah. Wrong color.

yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
It's funny because if it's true... in another thread, shortly after I started coming around, I was naming off Superman feats in a thread, and a guy said "Uh oh, Pre Crisis here we come" and I responded with something like "No, not quite.. but Pre C is still out there, and will make his return sooner or later."
lol.

That was me mate ..... And i thought it was rather funny. big grin

yahman
Darksied (Cause he needs a revamp ) + The Anti Life Equation (Well according to the Pure Blood, this is Pre Crisis Superman). big grin

manjaro
what if its just like in batman/superman where an older more powerful supes came back to prevent a certain evernt and has to kill off a bnch of ppl to do so?

Draco69
That would be incredibly redundant. Than again that DOES make sense...

manjaro
or maybe in the hopes of all hopes Preus(dude from godfall) makes his return, and wearing a red cape as an insult to the man he once thought a god

Juntai
So, does the scan just scan for Kryptonian DNA or exactly Superman's DNA?

Why couldn't it be bizarro? The watchtower knows the difference between an intruder and the greatest hero alive.

yahman
Can it be the eradicator ?

I realy like the Pre Crisis theory.

Mannn this thing is going to be so good. I read Identity Crisis yesterday.

Draco mate, you seem to be on the ball about D.C. , is there any good websites that cover the ORIGNAL crisis ?

Can you also clarify the following :

Anti Monitor BEAT Spectre ?
Is there only one universe in D.C. now ?
I heard the New Gods where unaffected ?

Juntai
Originally posted by yahman

Draco mate, you seem to be on the ball about D.C. , is there any good websites that cover the ORIGNAL crisis ?

I heard the New Gods where unaffected ? Spectre came and fullfilled his purpose, as he always does.

eleveninches
Spectre fought anti-monitor at the dawn of time, before the big bang. spectre failed to prevent anti-monitor from destroying the multiverse and shattering reality. It actually says that spectre watches as the anti-monitor destroys realities and concepts that are undreampt of even by God.

Those that survived the crisis:
Power Girl
New Gods/Darkseid
Guardians of the Universe

The other ones that probably remember precrisis times (because of being in the battle before the big bang, before the universal rebirth) include:
Rip Hunter (knew about it because of being on apokolips at the time)
Harbringer
Pariah
Lady Quark
Alex Luthor (went away from the DCU)
Earth 2 supes (went away from the DCU)
Superboy (went away from the DCU)
Superman
Batman
Wally West
Jay Garrack
Psycho Pirate
Mary Marvel
Wonderwoman
Wondergirl
Hourman
Firestorm
Earth 2 robin
Braniac V
Dr Light (female)
Dr Fate
Zatanna
Aquaman
Uncle Sam
Earth 2 Huntress (died)
Earth 2 Wonderwoman (died)
Jade
and many more

yahman
Apparently the Anti Monitor is returning ?

manjaro
Originally posted by yahman

I heard the New Gods where unaffected ?
you can go to your nearest comic shop or even a book store Like B& Noble. or maybe even Amazon.com and get the complete crisis in TPB for like 24.99

snoopdogg
A little off topic here but in GL Corps Recharge #1 the Guardians say that the entire Universe is about to change.

Thats something to ponder.

yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
A little off topic here but in GL Corps Recharge #1 the Guardians say that the entire Universe is about to change.

Thats something to ponder.

Anti Monitor !!!!!!!!!!!!

eleveninches
In the last few months, there have been absolutely LOADS of references to the COIE.

snoopdogg
After reading JLA #119 I dont think that that was Bizaro that entered the watchtower at the end of the comic.

When the mystery person answered MM he said "I Know". Bizaro talks backwards and sh!t. Thats why I dont think its him.

It could be Eradicator. He is on the loose now I believe.

Juntai
For the record, Antimonitor didn't defeat the Spectre at all. The Spectre was so powerful the antimonitor was futilily calling out "Hurry up and open the portal Krona.." so he could see anti-monitors hand as the creation of the universe before he got his ass beat, then there was a sudden flash erupting from Spectre's hand as the energy poured out of him, and he shattered the universe and then recreated the many worlds of the universe into the 1 whole it was meant to be, esentially turning DC comics into the DCUniverse. During this time the antimonitor was sent back to his own universe, where the Heros met him at his last stand and the Spectre went dormant.. having completed his task..

eleveninches
I wasnt expecting the end of the "return of donna troy" miniseries. I knew that the titans were more interested in the nexus than in the sun-eater factory, but wasnt expecting donna to have such a pivitol role in the crisis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.