Change the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
What are ways one AVERAGE person can change the world.

Alpha Centauri
I think as time goes on, the chances of one man or woman changing the world gets slimmer.

Purely because people as a race are growing more and more controlled by the media to the point that doing anything daring or out of the ordinary is unlikely.

-AC

Clovie
the only way of changing the world by a singular person is blowing everything up erm

dragon milly
We all have an impact on the world around us even if we don't recognize it. So everyone changes the world in their own unique way.
smile

Spelljammer
Recycling. Me and my parents do it.
Emm.. being really loud about our opinions.. It gets it out there..
Being good people. You'd be suprised of what that can do..

And if I wasn't so hellbent on getting a girlfriend I'd do spells to help make the world a better place and spread positive karma. But my needs come first, I'm selfish but oh ****ing well.. I'm lonely *****.. laughing

debbiejo
QUOTE=5112629]Originally posted by Clovie
the only way of chaning the world by a singular person is blowing everything up erm

^ How depressing.... blink big grin

OK..here's one...Doing something for someone besides yourself...everyday...That's an average way. OH...and quite judging everyone else....Just stop.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by debbiejo
and quite judging everyone else....Just stop.
NEVER! mad stick out tongue

Kosta
Originally posted by bardock
What are ways one AVERAGE person can change the world.

He/She could start by putting rubbish in the bin and not on the ground.

Otaku
Originally posted by dragon milly
We all have an impact on the world around us even if we don't recognize it. So everyone changes the world in their own unique way.
smile

What have you been smoking nono

botankus
Originally posted by Clovie
the only way of changing the world by a singular person is blowing everything up erm

Thanks for the advice, Clovs!

Shakyamunison
The only thing you can do, is change yourself. big grin

Kosta
Originally posted by botankus
Thanks for the advice, Clovs!

ROFL! Now all we need is some explosives stick out tongue

Clovie
Originally posted by botankus
Thanks for the advice, Clovs! np happy just tell me before you take(?) this plan into action, I wanna get back to my homeplanet before happy

Originally posted by Kosta
ROFL! Now all we need is some explosives stick out tongue you don't have any? sad
it's not that hard to make
you just need some nitroglicerine..

dragon milly
Originally posted by Otaku
What have you been smoking nono

Herbs and Bayleaf. laughing

No, I was just in "It's A Wonderful Life" frame of mind when I wrote that. big grin

Lord S
Don't litter...don't speed, (unless you have to)...stop modifying Honda Civics, (unless done tastefully)...stop taking CNN as the gospel...etc.

Kosta
Originally posted by Clovie
np happy just tell me before you take(?) this plan into action, I wanna get back to my homeplanet before happy

you don't have any? sad
it's not that hard to make
you just need some nitroglicerine..

Yeah I know I know, I've seen "Fight Club" laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
smile

You are correct!! We are a part of the world, we influence everything around us just by being. If we change ourselves, we will change other around us. This is consistent with Buddhist philosophy.

Clovie
Yeah I know I know, I've seen "Fight Club" laughing out loud I didn't blink

Bardock42
Yeah I know I know, I've seen "Fight Club" laughing out loud

Good movie right there.....I think the Book was slightly more entertaining but I wouldn't know the difference at the moment....

Now to the question...well by simply existig someone changes the world....not greatly but it adds up inn the long run. But since I guess you mean sudden changes I'd say that is not possible per definition since a person that can have such an impact in anjy way is just by having that impact already not an AVERAGE person anymore.

Fire
Every AVERAGE person should have the chance to become someone with greater impact, sadly enough this road is long and hard and not everyone is willing to put forward the effort.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fire
Every AVERAGE person should have the chance to become someone with greater impact, sadly enough this road is long and hard and not everyone is willing to put forward the effort.
But you see cause it is so long and hard no AVERAGE person will be able to take it.....

Shakyamunison
To change the world is easy, just change the channel. However, no one can find the remote. laughing

Fire
Originally posted by Bardock42
But you see cause it is so long and hard no AVERAGE person will be able to take it.....

I refuse to believe that stick out tongue

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
To change the world is easy, just change the channel. However, no one can find the remote. laughing

OH..That's because it's over here.... laughing out loud ....So, I'm changing the channels all the time....Making big changes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
OH..That's because it's over here.... laughing out loud ....So, I'm changing the channels all the time....Making big changes.

So now we know why the world is so screwed up. big grin laughing sick

Bardock42
I refuse to believe that stick out tongue
Well...I am right by definition.

Shakyamunison
Well...I am right by definition.

Wrong laughing

Fire
lol well screw that BD

Fishy
He is right in this case though.. Actually he has a habbit of being right especially when he agrees with me. So listen to him next time stick out tongue

Bardock42
Wrong laughing

Very nice...and red too.....but as you said wron g.

lol well screw that BD

Okay.Originally posted by Fishy
He is right in this case though.. Actually he has a habbit of being right especially when he agrees with me. So listen to him next time stick out tongue

Yeah...although i think there might be more to it....it depends what's the definition of AVERAGE person....if the person is average because of skills or trade of character thesy might under some circumstances actually be able to change4 the world majorly ....but since I think an VERAGE person by definition is a person that does not play any major role in the fate of the world (and I believe it's the most common idea) we are right.

Shakyamunison
Very nice...and red too.....but as you said wron g...

I was just having fun! big grin

Bardock42
I was just having fun! big grin

So am I no expression

Inspectah Deck
smile

Bullshit. Th only way to change the world nowadays is to be a molester, murderer, Jeffrey Dharmar, in politics or bomb something/one

leana marie
anyone can change the world. everyone can change the world. i cant really explain what im talking about... you kinda just have to know how...

big gay kirk
dunno whether or not i'm average... but I spent a few days camped outside the South African Embassy in the eighties.... there was someone there 24/7 until Nelson mandela got freed.... we were just average folks, as far as it goes... we just believed in something.... some of us were pro-ANC, some anti-apartheid, I was just there because I believed even a terrorist like Mandela should have had a fair trial before he was locked up....

olchik
The best thing is to change yourself for better first. If everybody tries to change themselves, the world will become much better too. Well, it's just my opinion.

debbiejo
Originally posted by olchik
The best thing is to change yourself for better first. If everybody tries to change themselves, the world will become much better too. Well, it's just my opinion.

Yup!......Or let lose some killer virus... huh That would make a change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.