Do You Ever Judge People Based on Their Looks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
So the question is, and be honest, do you ever judge people based on their looks. Im not talking skin color, but how they dress, how good looking they are, etc. I know I shouldnt, and try not to, but sometimes I judge poeple just by looking at them. Do you?

KharmaDog
It's only human, everyone does. It's just to what extent and how one lets it affect their opinion after initial contact that we all differ.

Alpha Centauri
I don't really judge what a person is like by their appearances, but I can sort of gauge their interests maybe, or get a vague impression of what their mentality is.

I mean, you get some people who think people who listen to rock are devil worshippers or people who class themselves as "goth" are just depressive, sad idiots. I tend to just gather info from past experiences if they're prolific enough and use them to guide my impressions rather than making an actual full blown assumption.

Everyone does it now and then I guess. I think the question should be whether you do it and run with it rather than doing it through instinct.

-AC

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Everyone does it now and then I guess. I think the question should be whether you do it and run with it rather than doing it through instinct.

-AC

or do you let that initial judgement affect your opinion upon further investigation?

Many people's instincts are wrong.

Alpha Centauri
Indeed.

-AC

DrDoom101
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
So the question is, and be honest, do you ever judge people based on their looks. Im not talking skin color, but how they dress, how good looking they are, etc. I know I shouldnt, and try not to, but sometimes I judge poeple just by looking at them. Do you?

well, i saw this hot chick at my school and then a few days later we became friends. then she acted like whore, and i forgot about her

koolruningz
I don't think anyone could honestly say they don't even if its minimal. Their are people however who only judge people by how they look and don't even bother to look deeper. I myself have found as i get older the more diverse my friends have become, you can miss some great friendships by only looking skin deep.

Spelljammer
Yep, I thought all ugly girls were nice and kept thier legs closed.

Silly me.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by koolruningz
I don't think anyone could honestly say they don't even if its minimal.

Stevie Wonder can.

DrDoom101
are there any hot and nice girls? cuz most hot girls i know are cruel. and most ugly girls are nice.

GCG
people give off tell-tale signs by the way they dress, style their hair, walk and body language.

however i noticed that its not always the exact impression one gets. I say that out of 10 times i get 7 right.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Stevie Wonder can.

Aw you are a one. big grin

powerfulone1987
I have.

BackFire
Yes, I do.

Clovie
to some extend yes.

Originally posted by DrDoom101
are there any hot and nice girls? cuz most hot girls i know are cruel. and most ugly girls are nice. because hot girls are popular even though they're not nice anyway erm

silver_tears
I know a lot of popular hot girls who are nice happy

botankus
This is like that EMO thread that hung around forever. 90% of the posts were about how the EMO kids looked and what people (especially rockers and punks!) thought of them.

SpunkiE
Its bad to judge anyone by what they look like, but everyone does it. I think its usually just a comparison with that person to yourself. Its just a self esteem booster to judge somebody based on looks, unless, i guess if its a positive judgement.

Lord S
Guilty here.

Yeah some people do radiate a bad vibe, and I am quick to judge.

I'm often right, too.

whobdamandog
Don't really judge a person's character based on looks. I do have to admit though..that if someone does have something unusual about them..like a deformity..or something out of the ordinary..I am often prone to look at them, but I still don't judge them based on that.

dragon milly
I try really hard not to, but I believe it is a basic human trait to associate certain traits with certain people. I mean if I met someone new who reminds me of someone else, I transpose traits onto people. I know I shouldn't as I am usually shocked when I find out the new person is actually NOT like the other person at all, which always happens.

Anyway, if that made any sense to anyone, then I'll be amazed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kosta
Ofcourse I do, its not something you can control. No matter how considerate and open minded you are you judge people based on first impressions, and your first impression of a person is that way they look. Lets face it, more often than not, a person appearance relects their character.

Reborn Again
Yes. That's why I'm single at the moment. wink

Shakyamunison
Yes, I do make judgments based on a persons looks, but I have learned to not trust by first opinion.

Otaku
Yes i do.Im a model im shallow as hell mhm

Seriously though i have in the past.But now that im more grown up,i think im past that stage erm

random task
yes.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

all the time smile

FeceMan
Yes, but then I sternly reprimand myself for this behavior.

debbiejo
Not really...It's behavior more than looks.

The True Fear
not many people havent

tabby999
i judge people all the time. there are some people who i prolly will never talk to just because of how the present themselves. i dont mind if i miss out on a friendship, i'm a pretty "keep it to myself" kinda guy most of the time anyway.

powerfulone1987
Looks like somebody's lying by the looks of the poll.

debbiejo
I believe though a persons looks might even shock some people, or might cause you to wonder about them...You have to see beyond that...You have to look deeper into the "Why", and "What Caused" them to look the way they do, and once you start doing that, you start seeing the real person. And we are all the same, only made different choices that cause some to maybe dress or look differently......I've had biker friends that others would look down on, but hey, they are some of the nicest people...People are people...It's their actions that I look at, and even with that, there are still reasons for why that is, concidering the experience people go through that caused them to be that way...

olchik
I judge people according to their looks. And I don't think that it's bad!

Hit_and_Miss
guilty.... But who does when they go out partying!!!

leonheartmm
humans are programmed to judge each other by looks genetically, one of the reasons why sum people are naturally attrctive and others are not, but it is 100% wrong though.

Cepheus
I do, I try not to but I do.

debbiejo
Well are you talking about judging people in general or who is attractive to in your eyes when looking for a date?

Imaginary
Originally posted by tabby999
i judge people all the time. there are some people who i prolly will never talk to just because of how the present themselves. i dont mind if i miss out on a friendship, i'm a pretty "keep it to myself" kinda guy most of the time anyway.

I'm the same. Except for the guy part.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by DrDoom101
are there any hot and nice girls? cuz most hot girls i know are cruel. and most ugly girls are nice. yeah i see your point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.